Changes to Bolster in 2.7

TaitWatson

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person delusional is you. No one wants to grind another set of gear, and if there is one person that does I question his purpose in life.

I am highly looking forward to another tier of pvp gear. All I do is PvP, please don't speak for an entire community of pvp players, let them speak for themselves. As for me I am fine with increasing pvp gear tiers with each new season, after all i am pvping anyways, what would I do with comms?

by the way i question your purpose in life since you want to pvp without some type of reward.

[*]Bolster has been updated to account for the new tiers of gear, and now provides additional expertise to elder game PvE gear. Bolster still caps at a level slightly below Obroan gear.

Get ready for the next Bolster Race. Racers start your engines!

Well, the main reason is to allow a new level 55 to continue playing PVP without suddenly being at a huge disadvantage, I don't see the need for level 55 PVE gear to have any viability in PVP, though.

Couldn't they simply give a free set of now-obsolete conqueror gear to everyone who just got to level 55? ;)

Which is 100% fine for new entries. This issue is the comms and credit costs to even get the "slight advantage", let alone the comm cost for min/maxing. Plus, you are giving new entries viability, while nerfing the crap out if top tier raid gear and still doesn't answer OW issues?

Also free gear PvP gear breaks PvE progression, but the irony is releasing new PvP gear does the exact same thing. Your EXP, don't go up, but what stats do? All your PvE stats...

I know I might sound like a broken record, but this iteration of PvP gear needs to go away...

I am highly looking forward to another tier of pvp gear. All I do is PvP, please don't speak for an entire community of pvp players, let them speak for themselves. As for me I am fine with increasing pvp gear tiers with each new season, after all i am pvping anyways, what would I do with comms?

by the way i question your purpose in life since you want to pvp without some type of reward.

+1

Seriously, video games in recent years have become about "achievements" and grinding game currency for rewards falls in that category. Just like how I don't understand the draw of open world PVP where you kill people yet get no XP/credits/comms, I don't understand being so geared that you have no use for comms and are just there to kill people. Go play a FPS if that's all you want. It's fun for many people to work for stuff in games.

So will I still have to get conquerors gear and then barter it for obroan and then barter obroan for the new tier? Or will I be able to buy the obroan outright?

What is now ranked gear (Obroan) will be available on the normal warzone vendors for normal comms. So, you'll need to buy Obroan with normal comms if you don't already have it and then trade it for the new tier of ranked gear. You don't have to have conqueror first.

Edited by Beltane

Don't speak for all PVPers. I am a PVPer and I like gear resets, as long as they don't happen stupidly fast... which they haven't been. I have five or six characters with full conqueror gear and am slowly working on ranked gear for two. Having something else to grind for IS content because MMOs are generally about grinding. Some people like earning things, some people just want to deathmatch with gear having no value. Both are valid playstyles but neither one represents the entire PVP community.

Also, before you ask, the reason I like gear resets is because it resets all PVPers to square one. I get tired of being facerolled by premades in full minmaxed ranked gear. Gear never changing is only fun for the people in the top gear.

New tiers of gear are to be expected in themepark MMOs. The only games I can think of that have stagnant endgame with no gear progression are sandbox games and as these forums love to remind everyone, this game isn't a sandbox.

^^^^ This. I lose interest in playing my PVP characters once they are fully geared. Now I have a reason to play them all again.

Except, you are still going to get facerolled. While you are working on numerous toons to get them all geared in the entry pvp gear, there are going to be players that are rolling around on their mains getting the new set of gear and min/maxing it. These players are probably also already saving up weapons to trade in the minute new tier comes out.

You have your toons in Conqueror which will now be two level behind instead of just one. So, in effect, the reset harms you far more than it will those premaders that have min/maxed Obroan.

+1

Seriously, video games in recent years have become about "achievements" and grinding game currency for rewards falls in that category. Just like how I don't understand the draw of open world PVP where you kill people yet get no XP/credits/comms, I don't understand being so geared that you have no use for comms and are just there to kill people. Go play a FPS if that's all you want. It's fun for many people to work for stuff in games.

I guess it is fun when someone is throwing you down from the ladder you just climbed. That is called fun.

Edited by Aetideus

Don't speak for all PVPers. I am a PVPer and I like gear resets, as long as they don't happen stupidly fast... which they haven't been. I have five or six characters with full conqueror gear and am slowly working on ranked gear for two. Having something else to grind for IS content because MMOs are generally about grinding. Some people like earning things, some people just want to deathmatch with gear having no value. Both are valid playstyles but neither one represents the entire PVP community.

Also, before you ask, the reason I like gear resets is because it resets all PVPers to square one. I get tired of being facerolled by premades in full minmaxed ranked gear. Gear never changing is only fun for the people in the top gear.

New tiers of gear are to be expected in themepark MMOs. The only games I can think of that have stagnant endgame with no gear progression are sandbox games and as these forums love to remind everyone, this game isn't a sandbox.

^^^^ This. I lose interest in playing my PVP characters once they are fully geared. Now I have a reason to play them all again.

Yeah, well the Big Question i have is this: Wouldn't it be better if there were alternate things to aim for, other then gear? Wouldn't it be more entertaining if we had some kind of "Reputation" ladder, or something done with "Valor" etc? Why settle for the same old grind instead of trying to get something fresh to work for?

+1

It's not fun to work for things that are instantly invalidated. This is the inherent problem with bolster and PvP gear being present. For every step you take forward, BW forces you two steps back. And yes, its is two steps: new tier+ bolster floor raise.

There is no reason for both to exist. PvP shouldn't be about stat differences anyway...

It's not fun to work for things that are instantly invalidated. This is the inherent problem with bolster and PvP gear being present. For every step you take forward, BW forces you two steps back. And yes, its is two steps: new tier+ bolster floor raise.

There is no reason for both to exist. PvP shouldn't be about stat differences anyway...

MMOs have gear. If you don't like that, then don't play MMOs.

Have said it already, but it is time to move on. These people have zero imagination with that they are giving PVPers. I will not redo 9 characters again. Grind is grind, wherever you are, so I will grind elsewhere in a fresh game. There is nothing better than the first few months of an MMO, learning about everything.

For someone like me, who only PVPs, 2.7 offers me nothing whatsoever, just more grind, ergo, minus fun.

Just for clarification: Bolstered gear will be less good than Obroan even after the new set comes out? And even if I have an expertise weapon and the best possible combination of non-expertise mods to get the most bolstering in every other item slot, obroan would still be better?

• Bolster has been updated to account for the new tiers of gear, and now provides additional expertise to elder game PvE gear. Bolster still caps at a level slightly below Obroan gear.
  • Characters who do not wield weapons with Expertise mods and crystals will now be capped at 1936 expertise (instead of the full 2018).

I'm highly confused by these two points.

Reading all of these things together leads me to the conclusion that somebody wearing full elder game PVE gear with Obroan (or whatever the new tier PVP gear will be called) mainhand + offhand will give the best possible stats in a warzone. Is this correct?

The way it is now, people in elder game PVE gear have awesome stats in warzones except for expertise. If this carries over to 2.7, somebody with PVP MH/OH but the rest PVE gear would, the way I understand it, still have awesome stats AND full expertise. That seems to be in conflict with the statement "Bolster still caps at a level slightly below Obroan gear." So...I'm confused. Please advise! :p Thanks!

Edited by teclado

MMOs have gear. If you don't like that, then don't play MMOs.

If it were anything but SW.... But PvP=/=MMO and there is nothing "massive" about 8v8.

It not strictly about gear, it about progression and "forced" regression. Hamster wheel... On the road to nowhere...

Why is there a new tier of PVP gear when you were asked by your customers not to make one?

This is the last day of my sub and I will never be renewing due to this and various other things.

But when there is a giant thread on your front page that you INTENTIONALLY ignore because you KNOW FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT that you are doing the opposite of what your customers what, I can no longer support you.

Can I haz your stuffzzzs?

Only bad side of a new tier of gear is that no tweaks are coming to expertise alongside.

Gear/proc relics scale better for dps then healers and tanks. Better gear scales best with upfront dps burst classes.

Not really sure why they aren't adjusting expertise and trauma to go along with the new tier of gear.

Saving coms via weapon buyback exploit also needs to be fixed.

It wasn't bolstered when I went in my first solo ranked match and went "Woops...my stats are GARBAGIO, better gear up!"

Lemme get another voice on this. Am I crazy forgetful, or is this guy pulling stuff out of his backdoor?

Yes, its there. It depends on what you are wearing, but you can augment an entry level PvE set, grab two relics, sprinkle in a bit of bolster and be instantly competitve with BiS PvP gear.

I don't see this changing, so I want better comm outlets other than gear...

Edited by L-RANDLE