Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Gamesux

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only bioware cares if you random casuals and bads are "having a blast" cuz they know they can keep milking you on the cm.

Whenever I see a post like this.......

I applaud you and your awesomesauce. Remind me to never ever group with you as my player skills simply are not worthy of you or your presence....

Whenever I see a post like this.......

I applaud you and your awesomesauce. Remind me to never ever group with you as my player skills simply are not worthy of you or your presence....

I just report and move on. That kind of contribution is not needed in a civil discussion.

So... first as to the OP, is this news? Lol! They do this once every three weeks or so, like clock work, since the packs were introduced. You are just trolling. Plain and simple.

As for the rest... most of you know the answers to your questions. You are just looking for an excuse to whine the same old whine. It would have been better to necro an old thread.

There are separate dev groups working on CM and game content. There have been plenty of new content releases. You may not like some of it, or all of it, but there has been a crap load with more on the way.

The separate dev teams thing isn't entirely relevant if you look at it from an organizational management perspective, or at least try to if you're not experienced with it.

CS appears to have enough juice to be successful and humming along. Some other things valued by players less so; which is subjective of course but that's been my observation.

I'm not looking at their goals, monthlies or whatever they do there so haven't a clue how things stand. But as a player, it's not unusual to see bugs hanging around without visible initiative to fix them and so on.

I accept the game for what it is and'll bail when I'm bored of it, but miss when big name games didn't resemble cheeseball Nexon **** this much.

Edited by Joesixxpack

This feels like Deja Vu.

Yeah, there are a whole lot of people who don't understand that graphics artists and animators are different from world builders, quest designers, and operations implementers.

Don't worry. It will keep happening. People are bull-headed and refuse to learn.

nah EAware doesn't really care about their own game, those of you getting milked keep getting milked. Continue being bads and preventing this game from being what it can be ToR had some much potential and now I'm Wild for Wildstar. Sick of this. I'm all for customization and I am addicted to fashion but game is losing subs subscribing is losing its meaning and licensing probably won't be renewed.

You guys will be able to purchase the upcoming expac Rise of the Reskinned Republic™ for only $20.00. Enjoy your lame quality items and lack of content

Edited by Gamesux

nah EAware doesn't really care about their own game, those of you getting milked keep getting milked. Continue being bads and preventing this game from being what it can be ToR had some much potential and now I'm Wild for Wildstar. Sick of this. I'm all for customization and I am addicted to fashion but game is losing subs subscribing is losing its meaning and licensing probably won't be renewed.

You guys will be able to purchase the upcoming expac Rise of the Reskinned Republic™ for only $20.00. Enjoy your lame quality items and lack of content

I am sure both BioWare and EA are very appreciative of your continued support as a subscriber. Any constructive and appropriate feedback appears to be welcomed on these forums.

I am amazed that the packs are still profitable. People have seen the chance of getting the nice drops is very very low and they are likely to get a lot of junk that just doesn't sell.

Much like the OP I am not blown away by the quality of the gear that is on offer, luckily that's me and plenty of people are still investing their money in the packs. I do wonder how much longer BW can keep it up. Obvious the rancor pets will be coming up but they have to be running out of half naked and reskined armour.

I hope that once the option of selling reskined armour is exhausted we will star seeing new species and even content for sale. I would rather pay to get new content than to have nothing new to do but plenty of half naked armour sets to choose from. Now I know a new mount for $15.00 is a lot easier to do than new content. But new content is what keeps people playing not seeing their character in some ugly *** armour.

I hope that once the option of selling reskined armour is exhausted we will star seeing new species and even content for sale. I would rather pay to get new content than to have nothing new to do but plenty of half naked armour sets to choose from. Now I know a new mount for $15.00 is a lot easier to do than new content. But new content is what keeps people playing not seeing their character in some ugly *** armour.

Actually, one thing I am curious about since I quit right when Bioware thought it'd be a good idea to go F2P, how well did content like Section X sell for the F2P players? Granted that it is just a daily area, and might not sell comparably to say a new warzone, or operation, but it is a good question. In fact, I would like to see new content sold to F2P from the patches in the CM. Subs get the content for free for subbing. Be interesting to see how well it convinces F2P to sub or just quit. ;)

Actually, one thing I am curious about since I quit right when Bioware thought it'd be a good idea to go F2P, how well did content like Section X sell for the F2P players? Granted that it is just a daily area, and might not sell comparably to say a new warzone, or operation, but it is a good question. In fact, I would like to see new content sold to F2P from the patches in the CM. Subs get the content for free for subbing. Be interesting to see how well it convinces F2P to sub or just quit. ;)

Well, given that neither CZ-198 nor Oricon require unlocks, I'd say that's a pretty good indication that gating Daily Areas is something they're moving away from - probably based in large part on prior sales numbers.

At one point they said they were going to remove the WZ limits too, but not sure where things stand with that. I would imagine the Ops/Flashpoints unlocks are here to stay though.

Well, given that neither CZ-198 nor Oricon require unlocks, I'd say that's a pretty good indication that gating Daily Areas is something they're moving away from - probably based in large part on prior sales numbers.

At one point they said they were going to remove the WZ limits too, but not sure where things stand with that. I would imagine the Ops/Flashpoints unlocks are here to stay though.

Yeah, I figured that'd be the answer. I get the feeling that those who do end-game for the most part are already subbed anyways. I wasn't even talking about the limits though. I was actually talking about selling stuff like the new FPs in the next patch to F2P, subs get it for free. Target the stuff that most likely 80% of your players are going to play. Obviously NiM OPs wouldn't really sell considering very few groups even attempt them, much less complete them. :)

Some of us are just adult enough to realise that they are keeping to their 8 week plan (well, 9 week now that they added that week for testing) of content despite what all the doomsayers are spouting.

If they didn't release a single thing for the CM for the entire year, they still wouldn't be releasing content any faster than that.

And that's not very uncommon in the world of MMO's either. They all have their internal content release pace.

The CM stuff is just the icing on the cake.

It is released faster because it is A: Easier to make and B: Keeps most of the players satisfied between the larger content drops.

Yeah, I figured that'd be the answer. I get the feeling that those who do end-game for the most part are already subbed anyways. I wasn't even talking about the limits though. I was actually talking about selling stuff like the new FPs in the next patch to F2P, subs get it for free. Target the stuff that most likely 80% of your players are going to play. Obviously NiM OPs wouldn't really sell considering very few groups even attempt them, much less complete them. :)

I don't ever want to pay more than 15 dollars a month to do a new FP unless it's part of an expansion.

I am amazed that the packs are still profitable. People have seen the chance of getting the nice drops is very very low and they are likely to get a lot of junk that just doesn't sell.

Much like the OP I am not blown away by the quality of the gear that is on offer, luckily that's me and plenty of people are still investing their money in the packs. I do wonder how much longer BW can keep it up. Obvious the rancor pets will be coming up but they have to be running out of half naked and reskined armour.

/Agree

Id just like to add that even though some of this uncreative junk can sell for high value once the packs are embargoed only a minority actually play the market.

Some of us are just adult enough to realise that they are keeping to their 8 week plan (well, 9 week now that they added that week for testing) of content despite what all the doomsayers are spouting.

If they didn't release a single thing for the CM for the entire year, they still wouldn't be releasing content any faster than that.

And that's not very uncommon in the world of MMO's either. They all have their internal content release pace.

It is released faster because it is A: Easier to make and B: Keeps most of the players satisfied between the larger content drops.

If this is all as you embellishing put it "just icing on the cake" then why is the CM getting more focus than actual content ?? :confused:

/Agree

Id just like to add that even though some of this uncreative junk can sell for high value once the packs are embargoed only a minority actually play the market.

If this is all as you embellishing put it "just icing on the cake" then why is the CM getting more focus than actual content ?? :confused:

Because in a 9 week cycle CM stuff is easier and faster to release then other stuff...

doomsayers? i thought they all left the game...you know..when all those hundreds and thousands of subscribers left the game right after launch? this game has already failed as an mmo, fact.

And you're right, the CM stuff is the icing on the cake. However they are putting more and more icing on the cake, drowning it. I don't like icing.

It is surprising how fast they can turn out CM content.

I mean I haven't really been paying attention but how frequent are those updates? Monthly? That's kind of impressive, in a sad way.

Another one that got no difference between drawing and coloring some 3D models (using parts/polygons of existing ones) via some 3D modeling software and designing, scripting, coding, balancing, tweaking and testing needed to make playable content.

One good 3D designer could dish more CM items in a month than you can even imagine... would not be so surprised if it is really 1 person behind that (as most of models follow same stile).

doomsayers? i thought they all left the game...you know..when all those hundreds and thousands of subscribers left the game right after launch? this game has already failed as an mmo, fact.

And you're right, the CM stuff is the icing on the cake. However they are putting more and more icing on the cake, drowning it. I don't like icing.

I wish people would stop trying to treat their opinions as facts.