Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Gamesux

I'm sure the 1.2 million plus unsubscribers do the same thing when they read posts from the defenders :)

If people unsubscribe because they don't like the game anymore, why would they bother even reading these forums?

I don't go over to ESO forums or EQN forums or Wildstar forums and bother reading their stuff because I'm not interested.

Me thinks you project your own perspective onto lots of people that aren't you.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point? That has NOTHING to do with how we persevere the infinitesimal amount of content we're getting vs. what the CM gets.

New armor, pet, and vehicle skins (which only require minimal adjustments to pre-existing programming) is very trivial, especially when compared to developing new content and new coding. One or two people can easily create a dozen CM items in a week. These items help fund much larger developments. I hope this clarifies the situation.

New armor, pet, and vehicle skins (which only require minimal adjustments to pre-existing programming) is very trivial, especially when compared to developing new content and new coding. One or two people can easily create a dozen CM items in a week. These items help fund much larger developments. I hope this clarifies the situation.

They're not looking for clarification. They're looking for support for their idea that BW is all about short-term gain and don't care about anything else in the game. In spite of all evidence to the contrary.

...why should the Developers put forth more information?

Because, as others have pointed out many times, it's a business. They don't have a monopoly on online gaming and it would suit them well to get players excited and hyped up about what THIS game will soon offer. If they aren't proud enough to be exited and talk about their own game, why would their customers be?

no they don't it goes straight into the pockets of the upper echelon and back into the CM department

/next

They're not looking for clarification. They're looking for support for their idea that BW is all about short-term gain and don't care about anything else in the game. In spite of all evidence to the contrary.

You mean anecdotal evidence ??

/next

He already told you...you even quoted him. He thinks that whoever is prioritizing things seems to be wrong.

And I would fully agree. There seems to be zero sense of urgency from these guys, never has been...they seem content delivering the minimums. 1 Op a year (sure, DF and DP are technically 2, but even combined they're smaller than any other Op), 1 FP a year, 1 WZ a year, 1 Daily area a year, 2 maps with GSF (4 now)...the limited content being put out is trivial. The Cartel Market is thriving, while the game itself, the entire vessel of the Cartel Market, is seemingly left to stagnate.

I think those of us who are seemingly frustrated, are frustrated at the lack of commitment there appears to be to the actual GAME vs. the cash shop.

And I've told him, as others have, that he's not looking at it correctly.

All the resources on the team are not, in fact, interchangeable. The people working on the CM stuff cannot create more flash points. They can't create more war zones. They can't fix bugs in quests. They have the wrong skill set.

They also cost a lot less than the people who can do those things - the war zones, flash points, quests, etc. Maybe you can fire 2 from the Cartel Market to get 1 who can do the other stuff. Maybe.

Stagnate? Hyperbole? From you? Really? Adding stuff to the game is not stagnation. It might not be at the pace you would like. No game developer, even Blizzard with their billion a year revenue stream, can produce content at a pace that outstrips its players' ability to consume it.

I guess people can complain all they want that BioWare isn't producing what they want, when they want it, as fast as they want it. But unless those complainers are willing to live within the realm of reality, what value are they really providing?

Then lemme ask...why not keep Operations like Karagas or EV fresh with newly skinned gear? If it's so trivial to do, why not encourage replay of older content with new "stuff"?

And I've told him, as others have, that he's not looking at it correctly.
And who are you to tell him that? He's a customer...he's looking at it from HIS perspective of what HE would like and commenting on what HE thinks...he's looking at it just fine.

Then lemme ask...why not keep Operations like Karagas or EV fresh with newly skinned gear? If it's so trivial to do, why not encourage replay of older content with new "stuff"?

That's a damn good suggestion.

Why haven't they done it? Maybe they haven't considered it. Think it would make enough people interested enough in those flash points to go back into them? I'd probably do it, if the gear looked good, which is terribly subjective.

I haven't run EV or KP in forever.

If NM were buffed to 55, and dropped unique cosmetic-type rewards, I'd run them again for sure.

A good question. Unfortunately, I am not a BioWare/EA employee and cannot answer that. That would be a good addition to the Suggestion forums though.

I'll be project manager Bob...

Me (Bob) is in charge of two independent teams.

Team 1 is in charge of creating new CM material.

Team 2 is in change of creating new operations and FP resources.

Team 1's projects are all short lead time (take 1-2 weeks to produce a final version) and finance has provided evidence that the CM items are providing high impact results in the terms of sales. Team 1 has ZERO dependency on Team 2. Meaning, Team 1 can literally create CM items as they wish without touching base with Team 2. As a project manager, I ask Team 1 to work as hard and fast as they can (since the cost is low and the impact is med/high.)

Team 2's projects are all critical for the life of the game. The game depends on Team 2 to produce story and content for the long term. Team 2 has a much longer lead time (2-6 months) and they also use a significantly larger portion of the budget. Team 2 has to touch base with the world map teams, engineering teams, and modeling teams to finish their projects. Finance has provided evidence that people play (and pay) for a much longer time when long term content exists. As a project manager, I put this team on a scheduled release program to make sure they produce content on a regular basis.

The point being...

Just because CM items come out more often HAS NOTHING TO DO with them being more important.

Edited by Arkerus

And who are you to tell him that? He's a customer...he's looking at it from HIS perspective of what HE would like and commenting on what HE thinks...he's looking at it just fine.

I would like General Motors to sell me a nice shiny new convertible Corvette for $15,985.

I would like Pulte to build me a nice 5,700 square foot manor on 7 acres with a 12 car garage for $249,000 and get it done in three weeks.

I would like Morton's to bring a nice juicy perfectly cooked steak to my table for $7.85.

He would like graphic artists and animators to produce flash point, operation, and war zone content at a pace that outstrips cartel market stuff.

All of these have one thing in common, and it makes every one of them completely irrelevant within the realm of rational discussion.

I was addressing your excessive need for expletives. I know it seems the cool thing to do to be an internet tough guy, but settle down sir.

Dearest Sir or Madam,

You have my most sincere, heartfelt apologies for causing offense to your delicate ears. Had I known you to have the sensibilities of an 1850s era prepubescent southern belle, I would have refrained from my use of such vulgar, explicit language.

However, when I happen upon people such as yourself, who willfully disregard fact in favor of their own delusions, I feel it is my obligation - nay, my duty - to save them from their own distorted reality.

Your gratitude is welcome but not necessary. I am but an instrument of truth.

Because they don't make any additional money out of you rerunning that content. I mean, we all know the answer :p

Considering how people in this forum are tearing into things based on what they know now, why should the Developers put forth more information?

Honestly, this whole thread is just silly.

I understand why they don't put forth more information. It's just funny when everyone runs around stating "2.8 is the biggest update evuh!!!". We have no proof of this as of yet. All this roadmap is used for is a marketing ploy to keep more players playing because it's suppose to "whet" their appetite for things to come.

Obviously, they won't put forth more information because A) problems could occur and push said content back further/scrap it, and B) the community will be upset and Bioware will lose credibility promising content that was not able to be delivered. I'm just saying the roadmap is vague, and is not a clear indicator of massive content coming soon. As we get closer to each patch, we'll have a much better idea on the content being introduced with both PTS releases, and I'm sure trailers/screenshots will have an impact on this as well. Until then, anyone can take it for what it's worth, but the roadmap is just a tiny preview. It's not like Bioware is going to say "Bug patch, smallest patch ever!" in the roadmap, they will hype it up through marketing. :rolleyes:

I haven't run EV or KP in forever.

If NM were buffed to 55, and dropped unique cosmetic-type rewards, I'd run them again for sure.

Screw buffing it to 55...leave it at 50 as a way to begin gearing up for players...just drop new random speeders - desirable speeders...not like the Lucky speeder thing...and yes, Bioware is well aware of what items are more desirable than others, that's why all the REALLY cool items that drop from the CM are rare.

Because they don't make any additional money out of you rerunning that content. I mean, we all know the answer :p

Actually, they can. Having more to do can add to continued subscriptions. In addition, specific armor skins that could drop specifically from there could have a nice asthetic the goes well with certain CM mounts, further increasing revenue from those that are going for that certain look. There are many ways to monetize the environment that are not detrimental to those that opt out of the appoach.

Edited by Tygranir

Screw buffing it to 55...leave it at 50 as a way to begin gearing up for players...just drop new random speeders - desirable speeders...not like the Lucky speeder thing...and yes, Bioware is well aware of what items are more desirable than others, that's why all the REALLY cool items that drop from the CM are rare.

Like rancors? :eek:

Sorry, I know that's over and done with, but I couldn't resist. :D

Actually, they can. Having more to do can add to continued subscriptions. In addition, specific armoor skins that could drop specifically from there could have a nice asthetic the goes well with certain CM mounts, further increasing revenue from thise that are going for that certain look. There are many ways to monetize the environment that are not detrimental to those that opt out of the appoach.

You beat me to it. This is EXACTLY how it could make them more $. Make the items per toon, not Legacy wide, and random drops...people would flock back to EV and KP to get things...MMOs are always about "stuff"...collecting stuff, wearing stuff, riding stuff, showing off stuff, acquiring stuff, selling stuff, making stuff...every MMO can motivate players with STUFF.

You're absolutely correct. Just changing the drops from time to time would do worlds of good to get people to at least tolerate the content until the next thing comes out.