PVP Season 1-The Participation Awards!

Aehgo

Well if you played a few arenas,scrapped your way to 1500 rating(isn't it just 400 more then your starting rating?),you get the same rewards as the people topping the leaderboard:D.I have played an arena since december I think and I'm going to get the best rewards,same rewards that people playing consistantly and winning are gonna get.

Ranked in swtor didn't start off well but this is just the cherry on top.Its not competitive,it has a decreasing player base by the week and now you give people participation awards and dont reward the people actively playing with something better?

Season 1 has been more dissapointing then I ever thought it could be....

I thought the starting rating was 1k, is it really 1400?

no its 1k. My juggernaut had 1433 after winning her first mine matches but losing the tenth. My VG started at just barely 1100 after having a losing half of her first ten matches. (solo queue numbers)

Edited by Zoom_VI

Thanks BioWare for spitting in all of those PvPers faces that have been working hard towards a decent rating. There are a Copper/Silver/Gold Tier for a reason, no? How is 1500 Rating the top?

I understand that you have give something to the casual clickers too but why can't you make those of us that tried extra hard feel a bit appreciated too.

You're just *********** disappointing!!

Edited by ASLCHYRAX

Bioware already said. Less than 2.5% of the Leaderboard is above 1500 rating. What's the big deal? It's not like every random dude pops into Arenas with 1500 rating. Most people I know are at around 1300 and staying there.

That is just sad.

Isn't the point in ranked,proving your the best and getting vanity **** for it :D.

This on the other hand feels like a 'special' competition,kinda a kids race in school,

'Oh well you all were so fast,so everybody gets a trophy!!YAY!!"

The way the Tiers are broken down is done properly IMO. The top 5% is Tier 1. I think the rewards are probably the most well done part of Ranked Arenas to date (tho the bar was set pretty low).

This ^^'

That is just sad.

Believe me, when Ranked pops as little as it does on our server, even playing the first 10 matches you need for your rating is considered a bloody miracle for those of us who are not on during the organized Ranked sessions.

Isn't the point in ranked,proving your the best and getting vanity **** for it :D.

This on the other hand feels like a 'special' competition,kinda a kids race in school,

'Oh well you all were so fast,so everybody gets a trophy!!YAY!!"

the point of ranked, from my perspective, is an actual matchmaking system that attempts to pit teams with the same roles and similar ratings. the prizes are meh. vanity as you say.

the point of ranked, from my perspective, is an actual matchmaking system that attempts to pit teams with the same roles and similar ratings. the prizes are meh. vanity as you say.

The rewards for PvP should always be vanity. If not you create a gear gap, which results in an far less competitive environment. Not that this environment is all that competitive, but you get the point.

The rewards for PvP should always be vanity. If not you create a gear gap, which results in an far less competitive environment. Not that this environment is all that competitive, but you get the point.

mhm. I wasn't arguing against them. I just think the existence of an actual matchmaking system is far more appealing. could give 2 ***** about a different color pet. cool? yeah. but worthless and not a reason to compete.

Suggested Tier System:

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks For Participating Rewards Ratings:

Tier 6 - Rating 1-999

Tier 5 - Rating 1000-1249

Tier 4 - Rating 1250-1499

Actual Rewards Tiers:

Tier 3 - Rating 1500-1749

Tier 2 - Rating 1750-1999

Tier 1 - Rating 2000-2500

Elite Tier - 2501+

**Additional Titles for top players of each class per server should be a possibility

**Current system is unfair to higher rated players who put alot of time and effort being grouped with low rated 1500 rewards who barely did anything. I don't see how Bioware remotely thinks this is fair.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Rank one for each class on each server (for both solo and group) should get something. Whether it be a title or piece of armor or weapor or whatever...A lot of people are well over 1500 and have nothing to work towards now that the tiers have been announced. Rank ones on the leaderboards should get something. (other than that i think its fine. but without that i think its very disappointing and bad) Edited by LegendaryQuan

The bronze , silver , gold brackets were created in preparation for a larger amount of people making it into those brackets. Unfortunately for a multitude of reasons not as many people made it into those brackets. After testing the populations ratings a new tier system was created.

For those people that have received 1600 + brackets congrats! You now have the bragging rights to say you made it to the top brackets. You are more than likely acknowledged to have considerable experience in arenas and are an asset to your teammates.

With the actual end of season 1 and the release of legitimate rewards we can expect more participation from people. If and when these frequent pops become more consistent I expect to see even larger numbers I the + 1500 rating range. When this happens the Devs will do their testing again near the end of season 2 and adjust the tiers accordingly.

That being said I am hoping on of my characters will make it too 1500 in time. I'm at 1448 on my sorc but it is very unforgiving when teamed up with people who are not correctly geared or to do not know how to play their class in an arena environment.

I also believe that a rating system is very dangerous and encourages tactics that break the queuing system (PT dps "tank") letting those players get ratings that they do not quite deserve. But this happens in most games that have leaderbourds so ill manage without complaining too much.

The bronze , silver , gold brackets were created in preparation for a larger amount of people making it into those brackets. Unfortunately for a multitude of reasons not as many people made it into those brackets. After testing the populations ratings a new tier system was created.

For those people that have received 1600 + brackets congrats! You now have the bragging rights to say you made it to the top brackets. You are more than likely acknowledged to have considerable experience in arenas and are an asset to your teammates.

With the actual end of season 1 and the release of legitimate rewards we can expect more participation from people. If and when these frequent pops become more consistent I expect to see even larger numbers I the + 1500 rating range. When this happens the Devs will do their testing again near the end of season 2 and adjust the tiers accordingly.

That being said I am hoping on of my characters will make it too 1500 in time. I'm at 1448 on my sorc but it is very unforgiving when teamed up with people who are not correctly geared or to do not know how to play their class in an arena environment.

I also believe that a rating system is very dangerous and encourages tactics that break the queuing system (PT dps "tank") letting those players get ratings that they do not quite deserve. But this happens in most games that have leaderbourds so ill manage without complaining too much.

You mean, "...because most people playing this game are completely awful, this being the single and only reason..."

Suggested Tier System:

Thanks For Participating Rewards Ratings:

Tier 6 - Rating 1-999

Tier 5 - Rating 1000-1249

Tier 4 - Rating 1250-1499

Actual Rewards Tiers:

Tier 3 - Rating 1500-1749

Tier 2 - Rating 1750-1999

Tier 1 - Rating 2000-2500

Elite Tier - 2501+

**Additional Titles for top players of each class per server should be a possibility

**Current system is unfair to higher rated players who put alot of time and effort being grouped with low rated 1500 rewards who barely did anything. I don't see how Bioware remotely thinks this is fair.

Agreed.

You mean, "...because most people playing this game are completely awful, this being the single and only reason..."

It's not even a PvP thing.

I don't use LFG anymore. Some of the people I've met in LFG make me wonder how they were even able to install SWTOR on their computer. Dear God, the stuff I've in GF flashpoints.... Sorcs with Strength gear, dps who que as a tank because "tanks do the most damage" and players who DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN NUMLOCK OFF AND KEEP RUNNING THE WHOLE TIME. The horror, the the horror.