Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

EricMusco

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still intend to make changes to Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.7 but the Combat team is still working through them. As soon as I have concrete information I will pass it on!

-eric

Dang! I thought we had slipped by w/o getting messed with. Now I'm scared for my mercenary. :(

Why dont you want ops or scoundrels to ever be close to a class that can be used in pve or pvp?

Just remove the classs from the game if you dont want it used.

There will be NO dps ops or scoundrels after these changes.

also are you guys retarded or is it like a lack of education or did you get hit in the head? Just wondering which it is.

Always about PVP. I enjoyed classes being Diverse. But leave it to PVP to take what was left of the game make it more for themselves. PvE content was fine, but oh no, classes aren't balanced enough for PVP. I am getting so tired of every MMO basing everything around PVP. Some of us still enjoy PVE and hate with a passion PVP. But yet all these companies will side with the PVP player? I don't get it.

Because (high level) PvP is way harder than high level PvE since you are in a (and facing a) team working together, min maxing, intelligently (hopefully) applying coordinatec tactics and so on. Therefore they have to balance PvP which is so critical first and then "ripple down" changes to PvE.

Hey folks!

We posted a new set of Class changes which are in addition to what we had talked about before. Below you will find links to each. Again, this is not a comprehensive list and we still have plans to likely make more changes!

Sorc // Sage

Marauder // Sentinel

Jugg // Guardian

Sniper // Gunslinger

Op // Scoundrel

-eric

Yeah, nerf my Operative and Scoundrel into the ground!

And don't touch those stupid assassins with their 500 stuns...

Your team is just awful. Do you really want to get rid of your players that way!?

You gave Operatives a little buff with 2.6, maybe it was a bit too much, and now - instead of lowering the buff of 2.6 a little bit - you totaly change everything!? And destroy the class... Why!? Just lower what you have added with 2.6 a tiny bit and it would be fine!

And I still don't get it: You remove all utility from Operatives and Scoundrels. But Assassins stay untouched, with even more utility (like knock back and defence and more). Whats the point of that!?

Ok I know, your developer team hated agent and smuggler player from the beginning - but than just delete us and give us our money back, a-h*#@s.

So it's not enough you took our Orbital Strike, our Hidden Strike - no now you take away a useful flashbang. Single target? DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW A FLASHBANG WORKS!?

Edited by discbox

Yeah, nerf my Operative and Scoundrel into the ground!

Ops/Scoundrels aren't being nerfed into the ground. They are actually gaining some defensive survivability. While their effectiveness in PvP is being limited somewhat in their PvP opener, the class will still do well in PvE.

And don't touch those stupid assassins with their 500 stuns...

It is strange that Sin/Shadows have been untouched.

So it's not enough you took our Orbital Strike, our Hidden Strike - no now you take away a useful flashbang. Single target? DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW A FLASHBANG WORKS!?

I think you are misunderstanding the nerf to Flashbang. It's staying as is as a passive inherited trait for the Op/Scoundrel AC (via Street Tough). The AOE on Flashbang is being nerfed for Sniper/Slingers.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Ops/Scoundrels aren't being nerfed into the ground. They are actually gaining some defensive survivability. While their effectiveness in PvP is being limited somewhat in their PvP opener, the class will still do well in PvE.

Limited somewhat? The knockdown is vital to Operatives/Scoundrels, it's the element of surprise. Gaining defensive survivability won't change a damn thing unless it's massive. Yeah, we can now take one more tiny hit before we're being stomped into the ground. A root? It's a joke. Watch when 2.7 goes live with this change unchanged, and it most likely will in their ignorance, we'll be nothing but food for any other class who turns around instantly, knocks us back and starts kiting or we'll be stunned and are unable to pop shield probe which won't make that much difference anyway, and we die almost instantly.

Once all is said and done, we can wait another six months before they start making changes again.

Ops/Scoundrels aren't being nerfed into the ground. They are actually gaining some defensive survivability. While their effectiveness in PvP is being limited somewhat in their PvP opener, the class will still do well in PvE. s.

you're responding to a PVPer on a PVP forum. they're getting nerfed to the ground.

and flash bang is an aoe for scoupratives atm too. so I'm not sure how making it a single target isn't a nerf. but w/e. the kd nerf was already the death knell.

Edited by foxmob

We still intend to make changes to Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.7 but the Combat team is still working through them. As soon as I have concrete information I will pass it on!

-eric

Please tell me that Shadow/Assassin DPS is also being looked at. They're fine in PvP but playing a DPS that in PvE is regarded as "lackluster" (quoting Dulfy.net there btw) sucks :(

Nerfing classes for PvP, what happens if you're a person who doesn't do PvP? I get punished for PvP players? I left WoW casue i was sick of this bull***** and i think i will have to do the same with this game.

Grow a brain Bioware, you cannot nerf one side without affecting the other unless you compensate for it, go down the same path as Blizzard and see how many people of you player base is left after it. ToR is all ready one of the least played MMOs around.

Edited by Britzer

Nerfing classes for PvP, what happens if you're a person who doesn't do PvP? I get punished for PvP players? I left WoW casue i was sick of this bull***** and i think i will have to do the same with this game.

Grow a brain Bioware, you cannot nerf one side without affecting the other unless you compensate for it, go down the same path as Blizzard and see how many people of you player base is left after it. ToR is all ready one of the least played MMOs around.

That's funny lol. TO R'S still the 2nd biggest sub MMO in the west

In your opinion.