The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Electro net

cantstopmeh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Slingers and Snipers can roll out of the Electro-net effect or did they have to trinket as well?

If they can roll out, what is the justification for an Assassin not being able to Phasewalk out?

Screw being able to phasewalk out, just FFS let the phasewalk give me an ERROR notification if I try to use it while netted, instead of it just removing my phase placement. I've accidentally done that a few times and it's annoying.

Electronet is one of those "death sentence" moves to use on a healer or someone that *REALLY* needs to die. (I like to consider it an execute because it locks some enemies out of their "ultimate defense" moves.) The only way to break out of it is to use the CC-break or to wait for it to finish.

It is probably one of the coolest abilities in the game despite the cooldown. Hopefully the implement more dynamic abilities like it in the future instead of "THIS IS A LOTSA-DAMAGE-MOVE" or "HIT-THIS-TO-LIVE".

Edited by Lexlo

Screw being able to phasewalk out, just FFS let the phasewalk give me an ERROR notification if I try to use it while netted, instead of it just removing my phase placement. I've accidentally done that a few times and it's annoying.

Yeah I remember my first couple times getting netted I was hitting force cloak and phasewalk repeatedly, that was annoying. I remember my first phasewalks @ level 53 & 54 as well though - on Novarre Coast I'd go 1v2 or 1v3 off node and phasewalk to the health pack when I got low... had some guy report me for hacking.

I guess he didn't read the patch notes on the new Sin ability when the level cap first raised.

Back on topic to Phasewalk though, you'd think if I have the ability to walk between phases that a puny little electronet wouldn't be enough to stop me, since, you know I leave that phase and the net where it is.

I think they should rename it:

Inter-dimensional Phase Locking Net of You're Going *********** Nowhere

Obviously not everyone is going to following a strict code, but generally E-Net should be saved for downing healers. Its not a 'use on cooldown for extra damage' ability, tho the average player treats every cooldown that way it seems.

As far as comparing Smash to E-Net, there is no comparison. They have completely different functions.

Wish the average merc could figure that out....Then again the average dps in general doesn't even know how to target a healer. Putting a marker on their head may as well mean "avoid this target as much as possible." I would love to see net on healers more often but most of the time if I even notice it, its usually on some random dps or tank that the merc is trying to burn down instead of focusing the guy keeping the enemies alive.

So Slingers and Snipers can roll out of the Electro-net effect or did they have to trinket as well?

If they can roll out, what is the justification for an Assassin not being able to Phasewalk out?

No. Roll goes gray with no message. It's how I noticed. I was trying to trollrolllol a marauder.

Edited by Technohic

Obviously not everyone is going to following a strict code, but generally E-Net should be saved for downing healers. Its not a 'use on cooldown for extra damage' ability, tho the average player treats every cooldown that way it seems.

As far as comparing Smash to E-Net, there is no comparison. They have completely different functions.

Agreed. Net a sorc or op at around 40% and they're done, no chance of the bubble or cloak.

Agreed. Net a sorc or op at around 40% and they're done, no chance of the bubble or cloak.

Eh I'd say its worse for an op. Though you force a sorc to burn two CD's they can still CC break and bubble. Ops are kinda screwed even if they CC break since the dot takes them out of stealth.

Here is something I like to do:

A healer with ~75% health who is in the back, semi-free casting and not paying attention to themselves. Apply an Incendiary Round, Sticky Grenade -> Assault Plastique -> E -Net -> Charged Bolts -> HIB.

If youre really unlucky, its ~10k total damage. If you get a couple to a lot of crits, the target is looking at eating upwards of 20k damage (excluding DoTs) all applying w/in 1.5s from Sticky Grenade detonation to HIB.

There is something satisfying in seeing a healer dropping from ~75% health to 0 in literally a global.

For melee it IS a big deal. Not about the damage, it's about being unable to use a good amount of our moveset.

Yea because most Melee have trouble staying in combat... It's not like they have "jump to my location so they can wail on my face". They also have plenty of other slows or stuns.

Yea because most Melee have trouble staying in combat... It's not like they have "jump to my location so they can wail on my face". They also have plenty of other slows or stuns.

So just because we have gap closers and slows makes it okay for us to have to eat an "I win" move? Frankly I think electro net is a ridiculous move due to the ability to completely prevent moves from being used. But I guess until mercs get a buff they'll just keep spamming this.

Pretty close to that against leapers as well. The last thing this ability needs is a buff.

It's not an "I win" move vs leepers, not by a long shot. If you leap with electonet it's not considered moving, for the sake of the increased burn. So all "leapers" have to do is: jump, root, smash.

Shure.... An Op healer because he can stealth away, netting a merc or van, OR a Sage/sorc is next to useless.

So just because we have gap closers and slows makes it okay for us to have to eat an "I win" move? Frankly I think electro net is a ridiculous move due to the ability to completely prevent moves from being used. But I guess until mercs get a buff they'll just keep spamming this.

If you had any sense in PvP as a Warrior vs a Merc you would go into melee range with the net on you instead of taking their full burst from a distance. Get into melee range then out CD them. derp.

Maybe, but so is getting hit with a long duration snare while locked out of escaped abilities and surrounded by enemies. I think we will need to agree that both are.

Finally it took 3 pages of everyone spamming pity me, to find something worth quoting. LOCKED OUT of escape abilities. I know the breakers allow you to move at a regular rate, but The Electronet debuff is still active! So how can gunslingers use a movement buff!

Finally it took 3 pages of everyone spamming pity me, to find something worth quoting. LOCKED OUT of escape abilities. I know the breakers allow you to move at a regular rate, but The Electronet debuff is still active! So how can gunslingers use a movement buff!

What movement buff are gunslinger using?

Heads up they keep telling me.

Oh, Thought for a second the roll was what they were talking about. Heads up grants immunity to movement impairing effects.

Does it respond differently to the net than if you net another trooper who uses hold the line? If so, it probably needs adjusted one way or the other.

Edited by Technohic

Oh, Thought for a second the roll was what they were talking about. Heads up grants immunity to movement impairing effects.

Does it respond differently to the net than if you net another trooper who uses hold the line? If so, it probably needs adjusted one way or the other.

I thought moves of this nature were implemented, like the Stack, from Magic the gathering. If I hit you with a move that stops movement abilities, and after you popped "heads up" it was too late. Once Electro net is in place it would supersede any moves that would usually counter electro net.