Electro net

cantstopmeh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

And working as intended OP, tho your description of the issue is quite vague.

Electro-net is not an instant kill unless you are terrible.

I don't know. I had a guy netting my slinger yesterday at least twice in the same match. First time I ever noticed it before. Was playing lethality and just happened to catch me when I was re-positioning both times. It was a "So THAT'S what that's like.

Electronet does around 10000 damage if the target moves.

I've never taken a full ten that I've noticed, maybe that's due to mitigation and heavy armor.

But still, 10K on a long CD that's roughly the same as a stun break?

Smash does far more damage, and stealth classes can cry me a river about it (lol maul).

I've never taken a full ten that I've noticed, maybe that's due to mitigation and heavy armor.

But still, 10K on a long CD that's roughly the same as a stun break?

Smash does far more damage, and stealth classes can cry me a river about it (lol maul).

To be fair, smash and maul don't disable any of the target's abilities. If this gets popped on my sentinel in a scrum with my CC break on cooldown, all I can do is sit still and die.

I don't know. I had a guy netting my slinger yesterday at least twice in the same match. First time I ever noticed it before. Was playing lethality and just happened to catch me when I was re-positioning both times. It was a "So THAT'S what that's like.

Obviously not everyone is going to following a strict code, but generally E-Net should be saved for downing healers. Its not a 'use on cooldown for extra damage' ability, tho the average player treats every cooldown that way it seems.

As far as comparing Smash to E-Net, there is no comparison. They have completely different functions.

To be fair, smash and maul don't disable any of the target's abilities. If this gets popped on my sentinel in a scrum with my CC break on cooldown, all I can do is sit still and die.

Yes they do, Smash and maul disable the targets' "I want to survive this fight" ability :p

Obviously not everyone is going to following a strict code, but generally E-Net should be saved for downing healers. Its not a 'use on cooldown for extra damage' ability, tho the average player treats every cooldown that way it seems.

As far as comparing Smash to E-Net, there is no comparison. They have completely different functions.

Oh, I agree with that. It was a lopsided win in our favor. I think I was just irritating the guy who was hitting me with it.

Wish I would see it on healers more often when I'm on my slinger. They always want to move to LOS so that kind of makes them pick their poison.

Eating an 8k maul followed up with a 7-8k discharge and 6-7k shock is pretty heavy in the "survival" department.

Maybe, but so is getting hit with a long duration snare while locked out of escaped abilities and surrounded by enemies. I think we will need to agree that both are bad.

Personally I would much rather have a deception sin open on my sent from stealth than get hit with electro net while standing in the open. At least in the former case I can hit awe when the knockdown wears off. If I don't have my trinket in the later case I can pretty well just get a drink while I wait for the respawn.

Edited by Vodrin

Not sure why any of you are comparing direct damage abilities to a utility CC ability....

Because some fool wanted to. Who says you can't compare apples to oranges anyways? One is orange and the other is red. See, I just compared them.

Maybe, but so is getting hit with a long duration snare while locked out of escaped abilities and surrounded by enemies. I think we will need to agree that both are bad.

Personally I would much rather have a deception sin open on my sent from stealth than get hit with electro net while standing in the open. At least in the former case I can hit awe when the knockdown wears off. If I don't have my trinket in the later case I can pretty well just get a drink while I wait for the respawn.

If the merc is close enough use stun/mezz chock. Interrupt(...) after with dual saber.

Edited by Aetideus

I'd honestly rather have an EN on me (provided I have my breaker of course) because once that's taken care of it's usually a pretty easy toss up to take the merc out. Now if I don't have my breaker, I pretty much just go AFK for a sec until I'm dead, because I'm dead either way if I have to eat EN.