Rakghoul Event is Forced

RobKinan

I never intimated they are the same people, simply chucking out my view that the game developers can't win really.

The content they put in for Christmas was complained about, Makeb was complained about and it just continues. I am just puzzled as to what folk want really.

There always will be those that complain.You could give someone a million dollars and they would be mad because you didn't give them two.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm weird. When I first got it, it told me I could not interact with the vendor.

very weird. becasue I contracted a plague on one of my alts that fast traveled to fleet and becasue I have long loading screens, I tabbed out for a bit longer then I should have, by the time I tabbed back in, she was about to go into a second stage. occasional coughing fit was slightly bothersome, but I was able to get to the vendor and get the vaccine with plenty of time to spare anyways.

been using vaccines on all my characters, as I'm not personally interested in getting "explode a bunch of people" achiev becasue I find waiting 15 minutes for each explosion boring, but to each their own

Seems from recent comments that quite a few Rakghoul Event lovers have a major comprehension problem. They seem unable to understand simple English. The rest of us scratch our heads and wonder what part of "I do not want to participate in this Event" is hard to understand.

Others seem to feel entitled to grief people. They feel they have some sort of right to spoil the game play of other players any time, anywhere and complain that other people are just being nasty for not wanting to play helpless victim but instead wanting to play the game the way they want to.

This game seems to be turning into a version of: "Jerks R Us".

Seems from recent comments that quite a few Rakghoul Event lovers have a major comprehension problem. They seem unable to understand simple English. The rest of us scratch our heads and wonder what part of "I do not want to participate in this Event" is hard to understand.

Others seem to feel entitled to grief people. They feel they have some sort of right to spoil the game play of other players any time, anywhere and complain that other people are just being nasty for not wanting to play helpless victim but instead wanting to play the game the way they want to.

This game seems to be turning into a version of: "Jerks R Us".

And those of us with a level head are trying to figure out how your complaints can possibly be any more trite? You know how many characters I have? 30. You know how many have contracted the plague? 1. You know how many are on fleet? 28. Strange, isn't it. That I have 30 characters and only one has been infected. You want to know where most of my characters have gone? My ship hangar. I don't get infected, me smart. If I want to use a public area gtn I go to nar shadaa.

first, 2k for 6 hours protection is a lot of money to you!?!

Second, I enjoy it and I am not griefing anyone, as it is to complete the quest I had my friends get together, get vaccines, so I could infect them and they could purify themselves. Speak for yourself this is like the good old days all over again!!! You got no right to say no one but griefers enjoy the event, especially since everyone has access to a very cheap cure and also, you don't represent us all for YOUR opinion.

^ Words of Wisdom. ^

And those of us with a level head are trying to figure out how your complaints can possibly be any more trite? You know how many characters I have? 30. You know how many have contracted the plague? 1. You know how many are on fleet? 28. Strange, isn't it. That I have 30 characters and only one has been infected. You want to know where most of my characters have gone? My ship hangar. I don't get infected, me smart. If I want to use a public area gtn I go to nar shadaa.

That may be your experience and you may be happy with all that. It is not other people's experience and others are not happy about it and wonder why their game play has to be cruelled by others.

There always will be those that complain.You could give someone a million dollars and they would be mad because you didn't give them two.

Where do you get these strawmans from? Strawman factory?

Forced event is stupid, plain and simple.

As far as the defenders of the game are considered, this game has 2 million players. There should be enough voluntary event partakers to satisfy everyones need, without forcing people who don't care about it to participate.

The TOR elites don't get this. They think everyone is a multimillionaire with 16 hours per day to farm for more.

I was levelling up an alt (non-twinked) last night. Halfway through DK I think I have maybe 6.5k and that's with never spending a cent on anything except taxis and training.

So send some credits from your main to the alt. Problem solved.

Where do you get these strawmans from? Strawman factory?

Forced event is stupid, plain and simple.

As far as the defenders of the game are considered, this game has 2 million players. There should be enough voluntary event partakers to satisfy everyones need, without forcing people who don't care about it to participate.

Are you for real?It has nothing to do with the event.It has to do with the fact there are some people that complain about anything.Oh well.

Don't get why people find it so annoying?

It doesn't damage your armor from going boom. The coughing fits do not seem to occur when you are in combat, nor do they occur when you are mounted. It seems only when you are free roaming unmounted, do the 4 sec stuns occur.

Don't get why people find it so annoying?

It doesn't damage your armor from going boom. The coughing fits do not seem to occur when you are in combat, nor do they occur when you are mounted. It seems only when you are free roaming unmounted, do the 4 sec stuns occur.

What part of "I don't - freeze, cough, cough - want to participate - freeze, cough, cough - in the Rakghoul Event - freeze, cough, cough - do you not understand - freeze, cough, cough"?

What part of "I don't - freeze, cough, cough - want to participate - freeze, cough, cough - in the Rakghoul Event - freeze, cough, cough - do you not understand - freeze, cough, cough"?

What part of "this is a bloody epidemic" do you not understand? Just vaccinate and quit whining.

It's a whopping two thousand credits. That's a third of the money you get from a single warzone...

(Note: Warzones are the least rewarding playstyle in the game in any case. So players with alternate preferences can earn a lot more faster).

I really feel like the whiners here are here because of a waste of what, maybe 5 minutes of their time? How much time do you spend in the main city on Alderaan? It should literally take you 5 minutes. Its a mid level area. The event lasts one week. The disease has a freaking timer on it. Click on someone and you can see exactly when they're going to explode.

A major event that lots of people enjoy, and people complain that they are mildly inconvenienced for a week in an area that anyone can tear through in 10 minutes if they don't like it.

The amount of 'my game is ruined because I have to spend an incredibly easily obtainable 2k credits and its ruining my gaming experience' is kind of sad when they are trying to do something fun for the playerbase.

People need some thicker skin. It may not be your thing, but other people enjoy it. Suck it up for a week.

What part of "this is a bloody epidemic" do you not understand? Just vaccinate and quit whining.

It's a whopping two thousand credits. That's a third of the money you get from a single warzone...

(Note: Warzones are the least rewarding playstyle in the game in any case. So players with alternate preferences can earn a lot more faster).

This is no epidemic. In epidemics plague carriers are killed or quarantied. I would support an Event that allowed us all to kill or quarantine the plague carriers and gave us quest and achievement rewards for it. That would be fun. But no, the dumb game design allows plague carriers to spread their infection by targeting other players thereby disrupting other people's game play but prevents the victims from responding in kind. I think it would be great fun to be able to hinder their completion of their quests and achievements, but that is prevented. Whatever this is it is NO epidemic.

Cost is not the key issue. The game play of all who don't want to participate in this dumb Event is being adversely affected. I think it is bad game design to reward griefers and jerks and penalise their victims. I don't play warzones. Guess what. I don't have to. That's exactly what I liked about this game. You were not compelled (till now) to do anything and could play as you wished. That seems to have been forgotten in this Event.

I really feel like the whiners here are here because of a waste of what, maybe 5 minutes of their time? How much time do you spend in the main city on Alderaan? It should literally take you 5 minutes. Its a mid level area. The event lasts one week. The disease has a freaking timer on it. Click on someone and you can see exactly when they're going to explode.

A major event that lots of people enjoy, and people complain that they are mildly inconvenienced for a week in an area that anyone can tear through in 10 minutes if they don't like it.

The amount of 'my game is ruined because I have to spend an incredibly easily obtainable 2k credits and its ruining my gaming experience' is kind of sad when they are trying to do something fun for the playerbase.

People need some thicker skin. It may not be your thing, but other people enjoy it. Suck it up for a week.

You gloriously miss the point entirely. The Event is not confined to Alderaan. I for one have no problem with the event in Alderaan. Although I do not wish to participate I have no problem with others playing the event as long as they let me do the same. They aren't. Griefers and jerks, as plague carriers, are descending on the Fleet and on lowbie planets exploding and interfering with the game play of other players who do not wish to participate in the Event resulting in cost, inconvenience and a nasty interrupt to other players. That is the problem and the dumb game mechanic that allows that to happen. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the griefers and jerks interfering with other's game play.

@OP: Boo-friggity-hoo, get over it. The event lasts for a week, it's not forced, you're just an OCD whiner who needs to calm the hell down because you won't always get your way in life. :p

@Korithras: Boo-friggity-hoo, get over it. The event lasts for a week, it IS forced, you're just an OCD whiner who needs to calm the hell down because you won't always get your way in life

Well, I agree with OP.

The effect of the event on the city of Palista on Alderaan is catastrophic. In a a way it more dangerous than the Rakghoul tunnels themselves. The mechanics are similar, but as opposed to the Rakghoul tunnels it looks pretty peaceful and the triggers for groups of mobs are invisible mines. In the tunnels you can at least see the triggers. Palista is a minefield that comes completely unexpected for players with characters from 28 - 32 that just happen to be on Alderaan.

The mobs scale to groups, they scale to the highest level presented in a group, any player can step into a mine at any time which makes the presence of other players dangerous... Trying to help out other, lower level guildies becomes devestatingly counter productive.

I can only recommend to consider Palista a densly populated hostile environment now. If you need to do things like spending your planetary commendations for upgrades, visit a crafting trainer or crew skills trade vendor, get access to your cargo bay etc. go straight to the fleet if you happen to be on Alderaan, not to Palista. If you need to cross it be prepared to cross a city cramped with mobs which you cannot see. Don't rush it, don't be grouped, stay away from other players.

For the next Rakghoul event I'd strongly recommend to Bioware to consider other ways of communicating the threat and urgency of the plague, or at least give everyone who just happens to be on Alderaan (or whatever planet it's gonna be then) a fair warning when the come into the city, not just the star port.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Well, I agree with OP.

The effect of the event on the city of Palista on Alderaan is catastrophic. In a a way it more dangerous than the Rakghoul tunnels themselves. The mechanics are similar, but as opposed to the Rakghoul tunnels it looks pretty peaceful and the triggers for groups of mobs are invisible mines. In the tunnels you can at least see the triggers. Palista is a minefield that comes completely unexpected for players with characters from 28 - 32 that just happen to be on Alderaan.

The mobs scale to groups, they scale to the highest level presented in a group, any player can step into a mine at any time which makes the presence of other players dangerous... Trying to help out other, lower level guildies becomes devestatingly counter productive.

I can only recommend to consider Palista a densly populated hostile environment now. If you need to do things like spending your planetary commendations for upgrades, visit a crafting trainer or crew skills trade vendor, get access to your cargo bay etc. go straight to the fleet if you happen to be on Alderaan, not to Palista. If you need to cross it be prepared to cross a city cramped with mobs which you cannot see. Don't rush it, don't be grouped, stay away from other players.

For the next Rakghoul event I'd strongly recommend to Bioware to consider other ways of communicating the threat and urgency of the plague, or at least give everyone who just happens to be on Alderaan (or whatever planet it's gonna be then) a fair warning when the come into the city, not just the star port.

If you have troubles with the plaguebearer mobs in the city, there is like a bazillion security droids and troopers that will quickly eliminate them for you. Just hit one of them with something and run to the security force. Problem solved.

Well, I agree with OP.

Or just be on your speeder and zoom away from them until they evade and disappear.

This is no epidemic. In epidemics plague carriers are killed or quarantied. I would support an Event that allowed us all to kill or quarantine the plague carriers and gave us quest and achievement rewards for it. That would be fun. But no, the dumb game design allows plague carriers to spread their infection by targeting other players thereby disrupting other people's game play but prevents the victims from responding in kind. I think it would be great fun to be able to hinder their completion of their quests and achievements, but that is prevented. Whatever this is it is NO epidemic.

Cost is not the key issue. The game play of all who don't want to participate in this dumb Event is being adversely affected. I think it is bad game design to reward griefers and jerks and penalise their victims. I don't play warzones. Guess what. I don't have to. That's exactly what I liked about this game. You were not compelled (till now) to do anything and could play as you wished. That seems to have been forgotten in this Event.

Really? So a disease spreading like a wildfire is not an epidemic? Really? I wouldn't mind allowing players to attack the infected, in fact I have been suggesting something like that since the event began. But seriously, that doesn't make it any less of an epidmeic.

Oh, and you stated "I have no sympathy for griefers". How are they griefing you? It's near impossible to kill someone with an infection. If you are slow enough that you don't vaccinate for 20 frikking minutes, only then will the infection kill you. I repeat, 20 minutes. You can walk barefoot across Tatooine in that long.

If anything, by vaccinating, YOU are griefing them. They have a quest with a daily reward to infect as many people as they can. By vaccinating, you make sure they can't complete it. They should be the ones complaining, they have to die again and again in hopes that someone isn't vaccinated, while 2k creds gives you 6 hours of immunity.

"I have no sympathy for griefers." Bioware, the above player is ruining my game for me, can you remove all vaccines from all vendors? I threaten to unsub if you don't. :D

Edited by EzioMessi

You gloriously miss the point entirely. The Event is not confined to Alderaan. I for one have no problem with the event in Alderaan. Although I do not wish to participate I have no problem with others playing the event as long as they let me do the same. They aren't. Griefers and jerks, as plague carriers, are descending on the Fleet and on lowbie planets exploding and interfering with the game play of other players who do not wish to participate in the Event resulting in cost, inconvenience and a nasty interrupt to other players. That is the problem and the dumb game mechanic that allows that to happen. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the griefers and jerks interfering with other's game play.

It isn't griefing, nor is it jerks. Infecting 3 people is a DAILY. They are doing it as part of the event. Even infected, my low level toon had no problems leveling and questing and when he blew up, I rez'd and moved on. And 2k credits is chump change after leaving the starter planets, so whining about this is ridiculous.

Man up and deal with it. It's a fun event and if you don't like it, take the week off and do something else while the other 99.99% enjoy ourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.