40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

Where are you questing. Up until Nar Shaddaa(20-25) zone you don't earn a ton of credits. And are you looting and selling everything?

Maybe you'll actually answer, the last 2 people in this thread I tried to help don't even respond and just keep whining.

Also you should avoid sending crew on missions for gathering. Just rely on the nodes as you quest.

Well, I've finished Taris and just started in Naa Shadaa.

The problem with relying on nodes is that a) many nodes are broken and b) nodes won't provide the blue or purple gems I need for upgraded schematics. As it stands right now, I have an inventory full of crafting components and I'm not able to craft anything that gives me a skill up (artifice is 194) as the components I need are a higher level than the planet I'm on apparently. And yes, everything gets looted and vendored.

Edited by GolgoThirteen

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

quit being bad and turning off your tutorials and you would know

You did get a warning when you dinged level 20 "Start saving!" or something like that.

and, 40k credits came by so easily. if you're not skilling your crew skills hardcore or buying vendor items. I just think you wanted something to complain about:confused:

Well, I've finished Taris and just started in Naa Shadaa.

The problem with relying on nodes is that a) many nodes are broken and b) nodes won't provide the blue or purple gems I need for upgraded schematics. As it stands right now, I have an inventory full of crafting components and I'm not able to craft anything that gives me a skill up (artifice is 194) as the components I need are a higher level than the planet I'm on apparently. And yes, everything gets looted and vendored.

Then wait until you're at a planet that has mats for your current tier? It's not like you can use anything you craft until you're the appropriate level.

If you want to be ahead of your own curve in terms of the level reqs on gear you can make, then it's going to cost you. Keeping a craft up to date for your current content level isn't expensive, though, as mats are readily available, even with the odd node being broken.

And RE'ing and crafting items to the point that you're churning out epics isn't exactly typical of what you should be able to feasibly do while levelling your first character in a brand new MMO with no established economy.

It's no problem to keep your craft up to date and relevant for your current level and still be able to afford the few large gil sinks throughout the levelling process.

So what you want is for the game to give you things without you really trying?

That's...not the point of a game. Much less an MMO. I managed to make 4k in my first couple of days (literally about three hours) playing in the Starter Zone, I can't imagine making 40k in the wider galaxy is all that hard.

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

Boy are you going to have a coronary when you see how much Piloting 2 costs.

@op:

40k for that skill is peanuts.

At level 25, I've bought the skill, extra inventory space *and* the extra banktab. And still $$ to spend.

It's a matter of selling loot (ah) and unused old bound items to vendors.

Getting credits is easy as it is.

I find spending it on items that are usable much harder tbh

1. It's an item that's not required to play the game, it's bling.

Yes, you can run* (not Sprint) in Tatooine. You can run (not PSrint) in Hoth. Yet I'd suggest using something faster. Like Sprint. Or a speeder. Preferably a speeder.

* or walk if you are truly hardcore :p

Someone said you get a warning at 20 about it - I haven't dinged 20 yet so I can't confirm, but apparently you do get a warning at that point.

You do, or I did at least.

It said it was "very costly" and that I should start saving up.

I was at 25K credits at 20 and now at 23 I have 45K.

I have the STAP mount from the CE... how much credits exactly do I need to save? Why are ppl saying you need 40K then you need another 8K? Do I need 48K total even though I have the CE mount? Someone please break it down for me so I can save some credits!

Also, I'm a BH... where can I find the speeder vendor?

Edited by xioix

I have the STAP mount from the CE... how much credits exactly do I need to save? Why are ppl saying you need 40K then you need another 8K? Do I need 48K total even though I have the CE mount? Someone please break it down for me so I can save some credits!

Also, I'm a BH... where can I find the speeder vendor?

You need 40k for the training. The 8k is for a starting speeder, but you already have one. You'll find the vendor in I believe the 'Supplies' wing at the station in the Imperial Fleet. You don't need to visit this vendor until 40, though, really, to get a tier 2 speeder.

People have trouble with big numbers, but if 1 credit is equivalent to 1 copper in WoW, then 1000 gold (a small sum nowadays) would be 10 million credits here. The 1000 credits or so you have by level 5 is equivalent to 10 silver, which is just about the same as WoW.

It costs 100 credits for a jukebox token at the cantina, which sounds like way too much. But if you think of it as 1 silver, it's more reasonable.

Edited by Merouk