Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have liked a romance arc with light sided Jaesa, but it wasn't in the game so I followed it with Vette. But, once the conversation arcs are completed, other than some mail she sent, there's really nothing left. You can't just go to her and flirt/kiss/fade to black with her like you could with Morrigan in Dragon's Age, for example. You just finish the arc and then that's it.

As far as dark sided Jaesa becoming promiscuous, it's because Sith follow their passions.

And light side Jaesa isn't really bloodthirsty. She says things such as "their pain is exquisite" because she's playing the part of a dark Sith apprentice.

She does still consider herself a Jedi, at least for a time. It's not until the last conversation that you have a chance to mention children to her. If you're married to Vette then you can mention that you encourage her to get married to and that you'll raise and train her children as if they were your own.

If I were to play my character again (and I just might, I've really enjoyed the Sith Warrior story line) I'd probably bypass the Vette romance option. Once I got Jaesa I just stopped using Vette because Jaesa compliments my immortal juggernaut so well. And it just feels funny that my character has his "wife" back on the ship while he runs around with another woman. Plus, Jaesa doesn't dislike when I'm respectful to people in Imperial authority positions like Vette does. So Jaesa just fits the way I play my character better.

Plus, lightsaber sounds are cooler than blaster sounds. :D

I absolutely agree with the OP. Personally, I can't stand Jaesa, DS or Light, but the idea of making the LS Sith even less fleshed out is absurd.

/signed

On a somewhat related note, I also think we should be able to kill a certain companion whom we are forced to "forgive" after said companion ***** us and after we use force choke. Bioware, I love you so much. Show us role players some love, too.

You mean I don't stand a chance with Jaesa LS? What a B**ch! And I just chose her Saber upgrade as a quest reward, damn this is just like RL! How did I end up in the "gay best friend" role so quickly?

Oh I know, she's always been there when I've been on the Market terminals, all those shopping trips, that must of been it ;)

Now I am just waiting for Vette to tell me that she has been thinking about my behaviour after I hooked up with her friend, Taunt and that she feels attacked, betrayed and never wants to speak to me again... Erm... Sorry, carried away there :o

I can't see this being changed, too much work involved but maybe if they are bringing in more cut scenes with the apparent same gender romances there might be hope

/Sign

I've been using Jaesa a lot since I want to open her story while I have to wait a few levels before I can progress with Vette's and I have to say I am surprised and a bit disappointed that the option isn't there but it's not really a game breaker. Just would have been nice to be able to have the choice.

Is Jaesa's story dependant on level, affection or story line progress? I've only had two scenes with her so far at 6000+ affection.

I'm sure this must of been posted somewhere already but:-

Jaesa

Vette

To those people who do post things saying," Oh it's just a game, you'll be fine." Or "Go to RL and romance a girl and see how it phails." Seriously? Guys you people need to chill. This thread is not about insulting people, it's not about making fun of people. It is about players who are asking for a slight change in a character because of their own reasons.

I personally would like Jaesa to be romance-able as Light Side, because I like to give my characters meaning in the Bioware games that I play. So if I was playing a Light Sided Sith Warrior who respects his faction and the people who serve it, and had a choice to choose between a insulting **** of a girl, who has no respect for Authority and despise me for being what I am; or have a kind jedi that wants to help me change the faction I serve for the greater good, I'd think I go with the jedi.

In the end, I just would like Bioware to remember what made their previous games great. The way they present your character in a manner that has you worry and care for them. And because you care about them you'll also care for their crew.

minus R2-V8 that droid must burn for his niceness

Edited by Rabidlatrooper

So my choices are

Dark side Jaesa = super crazy and sadistic, but romance-able

or

Light side Jaese = pleasant and eager to help reform the Sith, but not romance-able

/sighed

On a side note, BW, you could fix the no same sex romances problem and this problem at the same time. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Darth_Zev

With as much emphasis as story has in this game, we should be able to craft (within reason) the story we wish our characters to have. If I'm romancing light side Jaesa and you don't want to even have that option... Guess what? What happens on my ship stays on my ship. It doesn't have to happen on yours. So trolls please step into the reactor and proceed to incinerate. It amazes me how trolls want to whine about people having game experience choices that won't effect them personally what-so-ever.

Exactly.

/more signing

I'm kind of surprised Bioware hasn't stepped in here and given an answer about their reasoning yet.

While I like Bioware to give us some feed back on whether or not they intend to change this or keep it the same, I don't think that they would have the time. While I know there are different teams working who each have their own agenda in working on SWTOR, with the bug fixing and the new content patch (rumored to come out later this month or so I had heard). I don't think that our petition will be noticed for sometime, unless this thread get's stickied.

Edited by Sireene
rude - due to age of post, no action

I agree with whats being said alignment should have a big issue in romance in mass effect, and dragon age it didnt matter, in KoTOR it also didnt matter the gender mattered. How a character responds to the companion and their affection should be the main focus in the romancable area thats how it has been in all other bioware games ive played; the three series above. I sign this patition. I am making both a dark side and light side sith warrior and was hoping nay expecting that option to be open regardless of her alignment at recruitment. I have a tier 2 light side inquisitor and a dark side to be replay

This thread is where I found out that she's not romance-able. That make me sad. I only have a few responses here to the general trends of the thread.

To those who say "that's how choices work," I can agree with your conclusion but not your premise. Choices do matter, but only when someone understands the nature of their choices. As has already been pointed out, the consequence was unknowable, so how can it be meaningful? I can understand if I had a speech option that went "A celibate life is the only peaceful life." or even "Let's be Jedis!" But I didn't. As has already been pointed out, the LS sith still fights and thrives on passion, even if they make light side choices. If you haven't played a lightside SW yet, you may not understand just how counterintuitive this relationship breaker really is, especially given the plot development at that point in the story.

It's fair to say we get a good number of options. It's nice we have Vette to fall back on. But that doesn't mean the gameplay wouldn't be improved by enhancing this aspect of the game.

It's silly, as always, for people to sit on some undeserved sense of superiority for being happy with what they have and never pointing out that a small change here or there can make something better. If all you have to offer is "QQ some more" or "deal with it" then please spare us so that we can productively discuss pro's and con's of certain game developments. Thanks.

/sign

i just rerolled vendor everything and starting from scratch. i love the sw class but by the time bw respond or chime in (if that wouldn't be surprise if they just ignore this whole thing) i would already gotten back to where i was. gathering and crafting will take a hit, but space bar will be my best friend till than. although that does ruin the main focus point of the game and is the story telling. but meh what can we do

As much as I would like to have Jaesa romanceable as LS, and even if BW is up to make it, I think we wont be seeing it any time soon. However, we must think that this game it's not a closed product. There's much content/expansions to be added in the future, so maybe we'll get what we want here when we start leveling above 50. Character's story line will progress with the new levels we have to climb. Adding it to the game as it is now wouldn't be cost effective, not counting all the bugs to fix and all the improvements they still have to make. I'm not defending BW but I think we have to look at things on a realistic way. I still share with you that's unfair not being able to romance a human because I decided to be a good guy among the bad ones and because I chose to guide my companions the same way.

Also I like Vette and all but her whole sarcastic disposition gets really old, plus I haven't figured out why she is still tagging around. Then DS Jaesa, I dont even mind the fact that she turns into this cold blooded sadist, but she turns into a total whore, and its just eh no thanks.

I like Vette quite a bit to, she is coy, at times funny, and very attractive and not the least of things, a twilek. But that aside Vette made me more feel like having a close sister, i never had in real life, than any real love interest in her, that i thought id naturally get to have when she was first revealed.

Can't exactly say why i feel that way, but i agree to what been said, that it be nice with a LS Jaesa romance.

Edited by Barzarel

/signed

I agree with everyone who says making her celibate makes no sense, story-wise. I realize LSSW are probably a minority, but we should still have options. I love BW because I feel like I have control in their games, and having only one romance option feels constricting :/

/signed

As much as I like Vette, its still a bit disapointing.

I do understand that people doesn't fall in love just because we want them to, but IMO thats the only sound argument I read about not making LS Jeasa romancable yet.

Would still be something I'd like to see and experience on a future SW I'd make, cause I don't plan on waiting on something that might just never be possible and miss some action with a Hot Twi'lek chick.