Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jedi Sentinel has a tons of hood up armor right?

Has someone tried transferring Jedi Sentinel's hood up armor to Empire side using Nar Shadaa GTN?

Well at least the ones without class restrictions though.

Edited by BlueCrimson

About ****in time, though i'm not a fan of looking like I just hopped out of the ketchup bottle.

Also, I take it that that's gonna be either an Ops drop or a Hardmode drop. In which case, Marauder's will never get it cause nobody will take us for that ****.

Edited by Yescek

About ****in time, though i'm not a fan of looking like I just hopped out of the ketchup bottle.

Also, I take it that that's gonna be either an Ops drop or a Hardmode drop. In which case, Marauder's will never get it cause nobody will take us for that ****.

My style is currently red so i think its gonna suit me nice ;) And its a 126item, so probably HM!

Edited by Fierze

I guess so. Why asking Bioware to design simple black outfits is taken as if we were asking them to overhaul the whole game?

Seriously, I mean, even just THIS one, just ****in reskin it. It'll LITERALLY take somebody ten seconds to do. Change the grey to red, and the red to black. I'll even do it for them.

Seriously. Ten seconds. TOPS. And most of that is waiting for Photoshop/<Insert preferred graphics editing program here> to load.

Would using a Light Armor chestpiece (modded with str, stam, crit, powr, etc) be ''acceptable'' or is the armor loss too much? Because really, it seems like I'll lose 1-2% physical damage mitigation at most, but look so much *********** better :)

Would using a Light Armor chestpiece (modded with str, stam, crit, powr, etc) be ''acceptable'' or is the armor loss too much? Because really, it seems like I'll lose 1-2% physical damage mitigation at most, but look so much *********** better :)

For orange pieces, I believe it's the "armoring" mod that defines how much armor rating the chest piece has. If this is true, you could mod all your light armor and have the same armor rating as if those pieces are in the medium armor.

Endgame, this is flawed since epic pieces (purple rarity) do not have an "armoring mod" slot and already have designated stats to fit the wearer (such that epic light armor pieces will always and only contain endurance/willpower and such). This applies to both PvE and PvP end-game (tier 1, 2, and 3) armor pieces.

However, I believe the devs did mention somewhere that they will eventually "fix" this so that one could wear their favorite armor model AND still have all the epic or legendary mods in them. There is no ETA on when that will happen and with all the current server bugs and such I doubt that won't come for another few months at the least.

For orange pieces, I believe it's the "armoring" mod that defines how much armor rating the chest piece has. If this is true, you could mod all your light armor and have the same armor rating as if those pieces are in the medium armor.

That's only half true.

While armoring does effect the armor rating of an item it's base armor stays the same. So if you mod light armor you''ll still lose ~100 armor vs putting those same mods in a medium item.

That's only half true.

While armoring does effect the armor rating of an item it's base armor stays the same. So if you mod light armor you''ll still lose ~100 armor vs putting those same mods in a medium item.

The armor loss is negligible... I dropped about 1.5% in damage reduction when I put my mods in a couple light armor pieces and changed them out.

The armor loss is negligible... I dropped about 1.5% in damage reduction when I put my mods in a couple light armor pieces and changed them out.

To a point. Like I said, it's fine for now and when you don't plan doing hardcore PvP or endgame stuff.

There's the hood up Inq armor from Black Talon. It's Light, but we can mod it, can't we?

EDIT: I see this is being discussed above. My question is, if there's no way to change the armor value of an item, what's the point of orange armor anyway? I mean, a level 40 Green piece would be better than the orange BT armor I've been modding due to the higher armor, right?

Edited by Galbatorrix

There's the hood up Inq armor from Black Talon. It's Light, but we can mod it, can't we?

EDIT: I see this is being discussed above. My question is, if there's no way to change the armor value of an item, what's the point of orange armor anyway? I mean, a level 40 Green piece would be better than the orange BT armor I've been modding due to the higher armor, right?

"Armoring Mods" does increase the armor value of the gears. The armor value of gears is determined by the "Armor Rating" which depends on "Armoring Mods". This is however different for Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor. For example, a Light Armor which has 20 Armor Rating has 30 Armor Value, however Medium Armor which has 20 Armor Rating has 40 Armor Value, and Heavy Armor which has 20 Armor Rating has 50 Armor Value. The numbering is just an example though. But that's the mechanic.

If it has not yet been said:

Certain helmets and hoods are non-compatible. For example, marauder champion chestpiece has a hood on it ONLY if you toggle helmet off. IF you have helmet on, it will never show a hood unless your helmet is one of those Darth Malgus mouthmask things.

Maybe a Dev will pop in here and say something useful. Doubtful.

This is practically bull as everyone is saying. I dislike a lot of the gear. I hate looking miss marched or just ugly. The superman capes as a guy said for Marauder seems quite stupid.

I am mainly bothered by the fact that helmets cannot be worn with a hood.. guess they don't want anyone even looking remotely close to how Darth Revan looked. I just like a full faced "mask" or helmet with a hood.

They have quite a few things to fix on even the aesthetic side of things. Tired of 90% of the head pieces making me look like im Malgus because my lungs must have been crushed..

Edited by Shadlicious

My guess is that allowing helmets + hoods had some of the bigger, crazier helmets clip through the hood and stick out, so they decided to just nix the hoods when you're wearing a helmet to prevent the game looking bad.

Thats what they did with Twi'lek, the lekku on your head stuck through the hood during beta. So... they removed hoods from twi'leks permanently. >_>

Thats a pinch fix, sure, but that isn't going to satisfy in the long run AT ALL. :mad::confused:

Wish we could get an official word on this.

I'm *this* close to re-rolling juggernaut just to get a proper sith robe. I'm level 40 ;-; I don't want to do this all over again.

I was so happy when I saw the level 40 pvp gear, some of the gear in this game is meh, some is okay, some is awesome, but that level 40 pvp gear is like EXACTLY what a sith should look like. Its perfect. Especially marauders.

But HEAVY ARMOR. AAAAGH.

Its just so bad. If anything, it should be Marauder ONLY, and Juggernauts should be forced to look like vader or robocop.

But no, Juggs get Robes, and we get Robot armor.

Seriously, I mean, even just THIS one, just ****in reskin it. It'll LITERALLY take somebody ten seconds to do. Change the grey to red, and the red to black. I'll even do it for them.

Seriously. Ten seconds. TOPS. And most of that is waiting for Photoshop/<Insert preferred graphics editing program here> to load.

The stupidest part, I was walking around on republic side for the first time,

It seems Sentinels get all KINDS of robes. Not just jedi robes, but jedi robes with armor underneath plus plain jedi robes... PLUS BLACK ROBES.

Okay ***. Marauders get NO robes, Sentinels get jedi AND sith robes?!??!!?

Seriously, there are sentinels running around in plain black robes. It is EXACTLY how we should look, and we don't get it.

Is there some way we can transfer these over the Nar Shadaa GTN?

I might just re-roll as sentinel ;-;

The stupidest part, I was walking around on republic side for the first time,

It seems Sentinels get all KINDS of robes. Not just jedi robes, but jedi robes with armor underneath plus plain jedi robes... PLUS BLACK ROBES.

Okay ***. Marauders get NO robes, Sentinels get jedi AND sith robes?!??!!?

Seriously, there are sentinels running around in plain black robes. It is EXACTLY how we should look, and we don't get it.

Is there some way we can transfer these over the Nar Shadaa GTN?

I might just re-roll as sentinel ;-;

Have you looked at the Republic end-game PvP armor for Jedi ?

I've seen endgame PVE armor sets for Republic side, and for the most part they look head and shoulders above the Empire side. Seriously, whoever designed the art for this crap needs to go over to Square-Enix MMO art department for a year or two to learn how to design good looking gear. Subligar might have seared people's eyes with Galkas in codpieces, but the artifact armors look mighty sweet.

I'm with the vast majority here, we should have the option for hood up armor. I just hit level 50, although I have not yet finished my story-line quests let alone delved into any endgame content.

I made it all the way through Voss so far. I've done every quest, every herioc, and almost every Flashpoint along the way, and the very best i could come up with is a combination of red and black armor with a skirt, a cape, and a shark fin for a helmet.

The gear matches so that is good, but I look like the Emperor's guard, not only are the guard not Dark Lord's of the Sith but they are not even force sensitive according to cannon, so why would you make us look like that?

I did not select Mara for apperance, but honestly I assumed I would not have to worry about it, when you think of sith you think of black robes and hoods. Sure there are masks, most of which are worn....under hoods.

That being said, the original Sith, Darth Vader, had a mask and a cape, so I can almost see where they are going, but we should at least have the option. Remember Vader wore the mask becuse he had to, before he was melted and roasted he wore a black robe with the hood up.

Personally I think they should just add an item slot for "robe" Give the robes no stats, and make their only use asthetic. You can wear one if you want a hood or leave it off if you dont. For the robe you should get a hood up or hood down option and that should be it. If you can layer a cape behind armor, you can layer a robe over armor as well.

I'd be fine with armor that has a hood, as long as its black or at least dark in color, but a robe option would be nice as well, then you can wear regular armor and just toss a robe on when you want that "hood up don't eff with me or I'll cut you in half" look.

Give me my robe, it's the one that says Bad Mother F***er on it.

Edited by IronheadOK