Hood up armor?

JalenTigh

that is FUGLY.. and un ICONIC..

who the hell wants all that crap hanging off their armor..

thats the problem..

the PERFECT look is already in the game.. and we arent allowed it.

That's an opinion though.... one shared by many people yes, but still an opinion. What is shown in beta and pre-release concepts doesn't always make it to release. That's the problem with that sort of thing.... we see something and think "okay that's what I will look like.. awesome!!" and when they change it we get mad. However, that's all they are... concept and pre-release stuff. I know all the arguments; it was shown in beta footage, you can see it in Ops videos, they are screenshots. Somewhere along the way they decided that we needed a more "soldier-warrior" look to us, and not simple robes. I believe the point has been put across with all the threads and I am sure BW will, at some point, look in to it. However, catering to the personal clothing style of players probably isn't top priority for them right now. I would love to have hooded robes, but not having them won't break the game for me.

And remember.... they are making it so you can un-mod end game gear and move the set bonuses to any piece you want. So go farm up some sorc gear with hoods/robes and slot it in there. You just have to make do and be creative until BW gets around to it.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an opinion though.... one shared by many people yes, but still an opinion. What is shown in beta and pre-release concepts doesn't always make it to release. That's the problem with that sort of thing.... we see something and think "okay that's what I will look like.. awesome!!" and when they change it we get mad. However, that's all they are... concept and pre-release stuff. I know all the arguments; it was shown in beta footage, you can see it in Ops videos, they are screenshots. Somewhere along the way they decided that we needed a more "soldier-warrior" look to us, and not simple robes. I believe the point has been put across with all the threads and I am sure BW will, at some point, look in to it. However, catering to the personal clothing style of players probably isn't top priority for them right now. I would love to have hooded robes, but not having them won't break the game for me.

And remember.... they are making it so you can un-mod end game gear and move the set bonuses to any piece you want. So go farm up some sorc gear with hoods/robes and slot it in there. You just have to make do and be creative until BW gets around to it.

its flat almost enough for me to UNSUB..

looks are PARAMOUNT in an RPG.

The problem is BW is in NO POSITION to rewrite canon for LA..

LA says that mars are supposed to be simple light/medium armor wearers being they are an acrobatic class.

yet they give us armor that even Vader would say " holy crap you expect me to fight in that?

ALL the Cinematics show mars wearing the proper armor..

ALL the Cinematics released for the game show ALL sith in black robes covering their armor as they should..

ALL THE CANON WRITTEN TO DATE ALSO SUPPORTS IT.

if you can find 1 .. just 1 instance where a DW Mar like char was wearing armor with hydraulics or rocket powered arms or in armor that looks like it was built for a tank.. I'll eat my hat..

but I am a HUGE SW geek and know it doesn't exist.

I am playing STAR WARS here not WoW 2.0 I want to look like a Sith.. not a reject from a 1950s Junkyard.

if you can find 1 .. just 1 instance where a DW Mar like char was wearing armor with hydraulics or rocket powered arms or in armor that looks like it was built for a tank.. I'll eat my hat..

Darth Krayt

PS. I agree with your post %100..just that line made me think of Darth Krayt, which Lucas has said is part of cannon.

Darth Krayt

PS. I agree with your post %100..just that line made me think of Darth Krayt, which Lucas has said is part of cannon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Krayt

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/74/DarthKraytNewArmor-LW1.jpg

he has what I would consider a normal looking set of armor..

in fact pretty decent looking..

it doesn't have rockets or machinery hanging all over it..

no life support BS.. just flat armor..

yes it's semi flashy but I wouldn't call it "heavy"

Edited by CVSiN

I understand your point-of-view, but SWTOR is not trying to rewrite canon simply by having Marauders not all look the exact same in black robes/hoods. How boring would that be if every single Sith Marauder running around was wearing the same black robe with a cybernetic breathing mask or something along those lines? As for a Marauder that is wearing heavy suits... http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/19711-lore-update-sith-warrior has a section about famous Marauders. Darth Malgus is one... and what does Malgus wear? A Vader-style suit of armor.

If you'll look at the SWTOR website and read the part under Sith Warrior's outfitting.... it says "Warriors have no compunction about donning heavy and intimidating suits and armors. Unthreatened by the use of technology for biological augmentation, Warriors’ vestments often make use of dangerous and experimental components which imbue the wearer with immense strength and fortitude." They say warriors all encompassing... Marauders and Juggernauts. If you look at the pictures those are concept art.... rarely does that stuff make it to game. I've seen the progression video... you're focusing on something though. The "low level" Marauder is wearing a robe yes. However when he advances to higher levels he is shown wearing more "warrior" like gear. That's the progression - robes as a novice to more high-tech augmented armor.

I understand your point-of-view, but SWTOR is not trying to rewrite canon simply by having Marauders not all look the exact same in black robes/hoods. How boring would that be if every single Sith Marauder running around was wearing the same black robe with a cybernetic breathing mask or something along those lines? As for a Marauder that is wearing heavy suits... http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/19711-lore-update-sith-warrior has a section about famous Marauders. Darth Malgus is one... and what does Malgus wear? A Vader-style suit of armor.

If you'll look at the SWTOR website and read the part under Sith Warrior's outfitting.... it says "Warriors have no compunction about donning heavy and intimidating suits and armors. Unthreatened by the use of technology for biological augmentation, Warriors’ vestments often make use of dangerous and experimental components which imbue the wearer with immense strength and fortitude." They say warriors all encompassing... Marauders and Juggernauts. If you look at the pictures those are concept art.... rarely does that stuff make it to game. I've seen the progression video... you're focusing on something though. The "low level" Marauder is wearing a robe yes. However when he advances to higher levels he is shown wearing more "warrior" like gear. That's the progression - robes as a novice to more high-tech augmented armor.

Again the ONLY reason in history that any Sith wore that armor.. was if they had their butts handed to them and had stuff cut off.. basically walking life support.. no thanks..

my girl is not a damn cyborg nor will she ever be.. if i deem she has been defeated RP wise.. she will cease to exist period.

This is an RPG.. the option for canon like armor needs to be there.. period.. there is no excuse..

personally I would wear it and mod will well past 50.. and always keep it for times when the look is appropriate.

All these outfits that make you look like a comic book joke.. are a joke.. a bad one.

makes me think the same artists that ruined WoW with horrible armor set looks found a new job here.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Krayt

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/74/DarthKraytNewArmor-LW1.jpg

he has what I would consider a normal looking set of armor..

in fact pretty decent looking..

it doesn't have rockets or machinery hanging all over it..

no life support BS.. just flat armor..

yes it's semi flashy but I wouldn't call it "heavy"

Yeah, if you scroll to the bottom of the wiki it'll show him in the armor I was talking about.

Gettinsupernerdy: When the vong captured him and implanted a vong eye and some other junk he started to use vong like armor (which looks like tanking armor to me) when he took up the mantle of darth krayt, while still using to Lightsabers.

But he does wear some very iconic marauder armor which I do think would be perfect for this game during different stages in his life!

Malgus was wearing it prior to his run-in with the commandos on Alderaan... just saying ;)

Anyways... I've said all along I see your point-of-view and understand it. I am just trying to give some offerings of why it ISN'T that way. Canon-based gear doesn't leave a lot of room for imagination. Otherwise, all Jedi would be in brown robes, Pub troopers would all look the exact same all the time, Sith would all be in black robes with their faces shadowed, etc. The lower level gears allow for some of the canon (well some of the higher level stuff as well) amongst classes, but they have to branch out. Otherwise, gear options become stagnant and the creativity of devs is lost. You may think it's ugly.. that's fine. I remember seeing some of the raid sets in WoW and thinking "Oh god what is that...???" while other people were jumping with joy over how awesome it was.

Yeah, if you scroll to the bottom of the wiki it'll show him in the armor I was talking about.

Gettinsupernerdy: When the vong captured him and implanted a vong eye and some other junk he started to use vong like armor (which looks like tanking armor to me) when he took up the mantle of darth krayt, while still using to Lightsabers.

But he does wear some very iconic marauder armor which I do think would be perfect for this game during different stages in his life!

Ok ok... all that aside..

in this pic

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/de/ReaveEpicFail-Leg30.jpg

all i want to know is.. where my girl can get the plate bikini the Red twi'lek is wearing ;)

Malgus was wearing it prior to his run-in with the commandos on Alderaan... just saying ;)

Anyways... I've said all along I see your point-of-view and understand it. I am just trying to give some offerings of why it ISN'T that way. Canon-based gear doesn't leave a lot of room for imagination. Otherwise, all Jedi would be in brown robes, Pub troopers would all look the exact same all the time, Sith would all be in black robes with their faces shadowed, etc. The lower level gears allow for some of the canon (well some of the higher level stuff as well) amongst classes, but they have to branch out. Otherwise, gear options become stagnant and the creativity of devs is lost. You may think it's ugly.. that's fine. I remember seeing some of the raid sets in WoW and thinking "Oh god what is that...???" while other people were jumping with joy over how awesome it was.

This game has a MOD system..

So give us the option in OUR story to make our chars look how we want them.

if you want to be a bionic half dead walking zombie like Vader or Malgus then GREAT BE ONE!

I want to look like the cinematics.. so give us the choice..

right now Im stuck looking like a Sith Inquis to get anywhere close to the look I want.

LOL.... what sort of protection is THAT supposed to offer? Hope they are blinded by the mid-drift? :D

You do remember that lightsabers do slice nearly everything anyway right? ;)

Armor in the movies and canon is nearly worthless in a saber fight. if you get hit period you are getting cut.

Only in this game can you miraculously get hit a million times with a saber in 1 fight and stay alive lol..

So armor doesn't matter much except for looks ( or life support in alot of Sith cases) ;)

If I dont get a good hoodie soon I'm going back to epicing out my Authenticator dancer top.

at least I looked decent in that outfit.

Edited by CVSiN

400 synthweaving and not a single hood, I do have something that makes it look like my guy has headgear tho. How that helm got though quality control is a mystery to me, same with the inquisitor's vacuum tube helm.

I understand what you are saying about pre-release and things change, it is very true. But tell why it makes any sense to take this iconic look they showed us in, and give the exact look to the Juggs? That is what a lot of us are upset about.