Premade Issue Tearing Community Apart

HaLeX

A matchmaking system would work. Probably need to do "best available match" type, because of low populations.

Somesuch, yeah. Ranked is supposed to have that, but ranked has so many other problems it's not funny.

One thing I do know though, back after launch, I was friends with most of the really good pvpers on my server. when we got dumped off to Pot5 (and some punk stole my name, too), I tracked most of them down.

Since I came back in October, I've seen TWO of them. One of whom was being played by his wife because he was too burned out to play himself, and the other who just came back a couple days ago.

The only time I've been able to get decent matches was in the middle of the night. It's really, really depressing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there may be 100,000 posts about 70k of them are people telling you there is no problem and the other 30k are the same 10 people sooking there is no divide there is no problem there are about 10 people on a personal vendetta to removes groups from normal even tho pugs got their own que in 2.5 with yoloarena

Game working as designed

I pug and premade and have no problem winning as a pug

I have played in groups with unclesam hes a bad plain and simple and havnt seen him queing in months it seems he cant get away from sooking on the forums

The OP is about how the issue is tearing the community appart. It is NOT an opportunity for you to give you biased and unfounded opinions on the what the division is about. It IS a call for BW to make a statement. So take your delusional statistics and post them elsewhere.

The OP is about how the issue is tearing the community appart. It is NOT an opportunity for you to give you biased and unfounded opinions on the what the division is about. It IS a call for BW to make a statement. So take your delusional statistics and post them elsewhere.

Where are the statistics showing that this is a issue that is tearing apart the community?

All I see here is you dismissing all counterarguments since they don't conform to your worldview.

Please if people wanted to escape premades so bad the solo queue would pop way more often than it does.

Playing with friends is fun. More fun than always playing solo. I want games to have a premade feature. But I also want to see somewhat balanced matches so that when I queue either as part of a premade or solo I can look forward to a good match where the outcome is in doubt and I have a fairly good chance to win or lose. In my experience that isn't the way it is.

So it seems obvious to separate premades and solo into their own queues, with a random time generator so that people queuing all at once won't be placed on the same team. The only objection to that comes from premade players who claim that this will lengthen queue times intolerably, which we don't know for a fact. Maybe it would result in premade players preferring to queue solo once they realize they will be facing other premades instead of easy mode pug farming. If so, it just reinforces the argument for separation. It's poor business for Bioware to cater to a few players looking to victimize others at the expense of those players seeking equal competition.

Blizzard had to deal with this same issue in WoW http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/blizzard-takes-a-stand-against-pre-mades-battleground-groups/.

Where are the statistics showing that this is a issue that is tearing apart the community?

All I see here is you dismissing all counterarguments since they don't conform to your worldview.

Please if people wanted to escape premades so bad the solo queue would pop way more often than it does.

The OP offered no statistics it was an observation and an opinion. One I agree with. I am dismissing arguements, in this thread, that are of a nature justifying or contesting premades; because there are plenty of other threads that address this issue. The issue the OP says is that the community is being torn apart over these arguments. The OP is not the argument itself. So stay on topic and if you want to argue if premades or good/bad then post in another thread.

If you think the community is not being torn apart, if you think there is no issue, then you must not have looked through the thousands of pages that argue the issue of premades being good/bad..

Hows that for statistics. :)

Edited by Marrius

Actually by bioware not responding to this rubbish thread only validates my post and proves im right

you can cry you can sook you can winge you can threaten to leave over this non issue but at the end of the day nobody cares but the 10 of you that's why it will never change get overyourself I know you mum said your the best and then you go into WZ's and lose and go well mum said im the best it cant be me it must be them damn premades abusing the ability to invite friends and use the games join as a group function to actually group up for pvp how dare they

Now those 2 quotes come from blizzard. Whatever you people feel like saying about them they DO run the most successful MMO out there. If they say its a bad idea to mix premade and pugs this way then I would say they have a good, strong point.

Anybody who argues that people are NOT driven away from PvP when they get stomped by a premade are 1 of 2 things, defending it as they are also doing it (the stomping part) or are just stupid. This is a very good detriment to the already slowly but surely death of PvP in this game.

That about covers it. The lengthening queue times aught to be a clue that less people are playing PVP. Getting stomped over and over isn't fun and I know several people who are no longer doing any PVP at all because they had no fun getting stomped over and over. I only play on one character anymore, myself. No point in playing my healer at all.

Are we at it again!? *smiles* Yes, yes and if everyone lay flat on their belly; the US would be British, Texas Mexican, Women wouldn't have the right to vote, Blacks would still ride in the back of the bus, and Mandela would just be a dude they just shoveled some dirt over.

Are you saying this cause is to little to put wrong to right?

Mandela is just a dude they shoveled some dirt over, the majority of the population in Texas is Hispanic, and apparently now the back of the bus is where the cool kids ride..

Thoughts?

the real issue here is that bolster was invented, the premise of this game is to group up and quest and explore a rich world full of colorful dialogue and storyline arc placed on immersive beautiful planets. er'go PVE. PVP was a mini game designed by the devs in hopes of giving the average player a reprieve, also to give players something to do while they wait on their friends to get online so they can go back to..... questing.... true story.

the above makes arguing anything about pvp aside from class balance moot, but alas i will continue on with my rant.

so what you're saying is you would rather have super slow ques where only competent players que so as to avoid "bads"?

I must be a bad then. in order to be good i must roll FOTM and min-max it according to DH. The fact people have to do this ruins the premise of the original game design.

This is what happens when premades que-sync, the following occurs......

OR you could do what happened on a few servers: when you que solo and see you're up against a premade just leave the match, wait 2 min then reque again. Chances are you won't backfill into the same warzone against the same premade. If you find yourself leaving matches only to find that you que'd into WAIT.... ANOTHER.... premade then do what i did. Stop pvping until bw fixes it. PVP will die or they will fix it, simple. PVP died on shadowlands for a few months there if anyone remembers.

Soon all the over-acheivers and DEF min-maxers will have their very own playground. I hope. Not for me but for you.

Lastly, wouldn't it be funny to FORCE all the pvpers to raid by getting rid of bolster? :eek: rofl j/k pvpers :p

OR to make the entire community happy, make ONE SERVER a pvp server ONLY and offer free transfers for entire accounts.

Edited by Ifolad

One thing you missed there, OP. WoW has cross-realm PvP queues, which Bioware has flat-out refused to do (for good reason).

What's the good reason?

On the actual topic, premades should only be allowed to queue 4v4 ranked, period. You want to play with friends, do a flashpoint. You want to pvp with friends, queue the group ranked that was created specifically for that purpose.

What's the good reason?

On the actual topic, premades should only be allowed to queue 4v4 ranked, period. You want to play with friends, do a flashpoint. You want to pvp with friends, queue the group ranked that was created specifically for that purpose.

You want to pvp with friends, queue the group ranked that was created specifically for that purpose.

exactly!

You want to pvp with friends, queue the group ranked that was created specifically for that purpose.

exactly!

Or queue the group or solo unranked that was made specifically for groups or solo players since the start of the game.

Or queue solo ranked that was made specifically for solo players.

In other words - unranked queue is not the sole preserve or the solo player, stop pretending it is - it never has been.

Oh yeah. :rolleyes:

Edited by PloGreen

What's the good reason?

Yes I wish more people queued grouped ranked but you have players who only run with certain comps or players and it's the same issue with 8v8 is that new teams get smashed by the same team over and over the new team stops queuing. There just isn't enough teams queuing for the matchmaking system to work properly . Then you have the fact that not everyone wants to play arenas. And the fact that the weekly and daily only count for regular warzones.

Bioware shouldn't and wont force groups of players into a ranked environment if they have no interest in ranked or arenas.