Premade Issue Tearing Community Apart

HaLeX

This issue is causing a fissure in our beloved community that may last for years. EA's ignotism regarding premades is both sad and contemptible. I ask my fellow gamers, how did it come to this? Empire versus Empire, Republic versus Republic, casual versus hardcore, couch potato versus overachiever, basement dwellers versus bads; the great divide facing us is pitting brother against brother and should never have come to pass. How many casualties are required to garner EA's attention? I think we need hope, change, and common sense to resolve this issue amicably. I believe we need to find common ground here that will finally eliminate the cancer that has pervaded the community. If I recall correctly, WoW had this identical problem and they handled it in a direct and professional manner. I'm not saying EA's handling of this issue is incompetent, lazy and disingenuous, all I am saying is we expect more than a look the other way response. In short, make a statement already and settle it once and for all. Hint: Try matchmaking. Edited by HaLeX

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people want to be in groups, and group maintain cohesiveness by having an opposing group, since without that opposing group there is usually no reason to be part of the group in the first place. If it wasn't premades, it would just be another topic. Or I might just be rambling at 3 in the morning, you never know.

This issue is causing a fissure in our beloved community that may last for years. EA's ignotism regarding premades is both sad and contemptible. I ask my fellow gamers, how did it come to this? Empire versus Empire, Republic versus Republic, casual versus hardcore, couch potato versus overachiever, basement dwellers versus bads; the great divide facing us is pitting brother against brother and should never have come to pass. How many casualties are required to garner EA's attention? I think we need hope, change, and common sense to resolve this issue amicably. I believe we need to find common ground here that will finally eliminate the cancer that has pervaded the community. If I recall correctly, WoW had this identical problem and they handled it in a direct and professional manner. I'm not saying EA's handling of this issue is incompetent, lazy and disingenuous, all I am saying is we expect more than a look the other way response. In short, make a statement already and settle it once and for all. Hint: Try matchmaking.

Amen^^

This issue is causing a fissure in our beloved community that may last for years. EA's ignotism regarding premades is both sad and contemptible. I ask my fellow gamers, how did it come to this? Empire versus Empire, Republic versus Republic, casual versus hardcore, couch potato versus overachiever, basement dwellers versus bads; the great divide facing us is pitting brother against brother and should never have come to pass. How many casualties are required to garner EA's attention? I think we need hope, change, and common sense to resolve this issue amicably. I believe we need to find common ground here that will finally eliminate the cancer that has pervaded the community. If I recall correctly, WoW had this identical problem and they handled it in a direct and professional manner. I'm not saying EA's handling of this issue is incompetent, lazy and disingenuous, all I am saying is we expect more than a look the other way response. In short, make a statement already and settle it once and for all. Hint: Try matchmaking.

Excuse me I never played WOW, what did they do exactly then in terms of matchmaking ?

I agree, but as you see there's over 100.000 posts and threads on this very matter, and still NO comment from the devs.

I Think the devs have left the sinking ship already. Ive never seen so Little interaction from the devs in any game as this one.

I agree, but as you see there's over 100.000 posts and threads on this very matter, and still NO comment from the devs.

I Think the devs have left the sinking ship already. Ive never seen so Little interaction from the devs in any game as this one.

there may be 100,000 posts about 70k of them are people telling you there is no problem and the other 30k are the same 10 people sooking there is no divide there is no problem there are about 10 people on a personal vendetta to removes groups from normal even tho pugs got their own que in 2.5 with yoloarena

Game working as designed

I pug and premade and have no problem winning as a pug

I have played in groups with unclesam hes a bad plain and simple and havnt seen him queing in months it seems he cant get away from sooking on the forums

Excuse me I never played WOW, what did they do exactly then in terms of matchmaking ?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/blizzard-takes-a-stand-against-pre-mades-battleground-groups/

and

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/30/patch-5-1-no-automated-pvp-queuing-for-groups-greater-than-5-pe/

40/5. They limited groups in unranked battlegrounds to 1/8 of a team. The equivalent of "solo-queue"

Edited by vennian

and then everyone synced ques in Vent and got into grps that way you cant stop people getting into same groups

Queue syncing = circumventing intended design, is against the TOS. Doing so can result in bans. Besides, who want to be so pathetic as to queue sync in order to pug stomp?

Queue syncing = circumventing intended design, is against the TOS. Doing so can result in bans. Besides, who want to be so pathetic as to queue sync in order to pug stomp?

Me, when I was doing full 8x sin warzones primarily in huttball because that was effing epic :p

Coming from a guy who never premades, I can say premades aren't that bad. I have beaten them before, they are so focused on medals or trying to lengthen a match on purpose to milk medals out of their "victims" that sometimes it backfires. For example, I had this huttball against a premade (I know it was a premade because a friend of mine who told me she was going to be running premades with her guild all day) they were so focused on getting medals that my undergeared pug team managed to win the objective points and beat that premade with an ultimate score of 4:1. Despite the odds and despite their ranked gear that premade still lost and my friend whispered to me "wow good match wasn't expecting that". I have had similar stories as well, it depends a lot on the premade, if they are coordinated and focused ONLY on objectives then you may be in trouble. Now, like most premades, if it is about milking medals then you may have a chance.

I que both solo (probably the majority of the time given my affinity for PvP) and sometimes grouped with guildies for several matches (since most of my guildies take off after they get their dailies done). There are guilds however that will que together all day long. Okay, that's fun for them, and yes, it can tip the balance in their favor especially if they are paired with a couple of randoms in 8v8 WZs that are also from known PvP-centric guiids. Where it gets untenable is if there are 4 people in a group and they get randomly put into arenas against 4 PUGed players. There you have a de-facto ranked setup vs an unmatched, unbalanced group of people that may have never played together at all, never mind they don't have all the components needed for an effective setup. The devs should dust off their ol' "If, thens" and not que parties of 4 in arenas against anything other than another party of equal size.

Speaking of matchmaking in unranked, why not have it when it comes to arenas for roles? The framework is already there since the roles are determined. There is no reason why it has to be that for solo ques of the same faction that you get one team with 3 dps & 1 heal pitted against 2 tanks & 2 dps, or one (same faction) team with 2 healers vs another team that has none.

Personally, I wouldn't mind waiting another 2 minutes for the game to get it's act together for some nominal level of matchmaking.

there may be 100,000 posts about 70k of them are people telling you there is no problem and the other 30k are the same 10 people sooking there is no divide there is no problem there are about 10 people on a personal vendetta to removes groups from normal even tho pugs got their own que in 2.5 with yoloarena

Game working as designed

I pug and premade and have no problem winning as a pug

I have played in groups with unclesam hes a bad plain and simple and havnt seen him queing in months it seems he cant get away from sooking on the forums

Listen my post is meant to be over the top. I personally don't care about premades because I can spot them a mile away and adjust accordingly. It does bother me that premades rely on new players to farm, that's the truth. The larger point here is that EA is a train wreck. How are they going to fix other issues when they can't even comment on a topic that has so many people infuriated. And I assure you pugs are the majority. For every player that premades burn, that's one less person who may have been playing rated matches in the future and contributing to the community.

The suggestion that people go into YOLO que to avoid premades is unrealistic. It took me 90-95 YOLO matches before I finally figured out what solo ranked is about and how to really help my team and I have 100 valor so I'm not new. In that period I've been called terrible, bad, told never to que solo, and most of this from pretty average players. That is not the place for casuals to que up, especially ungeared casuals. Plus only 3 servers even have YOLO matches. I was on a PVE server that had very little competition, where pug smashing is the norm and matches are not close. As a result I was totally unprepared for ranked solo and the new level of competition I would face on POT5 when I transferred. Yea plenty of luck involved, but nevertheless I was not prepared to help my team and that bothered me. Premades give people a false sense of being better than they really are.

You should run for a presidential election. :rod_tongue_p:

They made the system to que 4 in a group this is not solo battle field so I can be anti-social i have a better idea get a xbox play battle filed to your hart content. This is a MMO multi player groups not a first person shooter. Quit trying to mold swtor into your weird fantasy land of single player games. I rather they spend time on things that mater like more pvp maps and a match making system that would stop the 5 healers from being in the same warzone.

I have a simple fix, find people to queue with, this is an MMO.

Premades can and should play against premade. But right now that is not possible due to the pvp playerbase being to small. That is the truth to it. What u are repeating here lacks any logic. Ppl really need to stop repeating platitudes without thinking

Even if I Q alone I am playing with other ppl. I play with them and I play against them.

What ppl are asking for is for premades to play against premades. I just dont see why anyone have a problem with that. The fact that it just cant come true is due to EA/BW screwups. So plz lets realize the real problem and do as the OP suggests. lets make one big voice isntead of this bickering

Edited by Beeteel

yea blame ppl cos they wanna play with friends who know how to play instead of these random imbeciles u see in warzones every day. if the average joe would stop beeing utter trash this whole discussion wouldnt even exist. reality is if ur not a moron and know how to play the game (which btw really isnt hard at all) u facepalm 100 times a min at the blatant idiocy of 99% of the ppl in warzones. its not fun. its frustrating. idgaf about winning or losing but when i see tanks with less than 100k protection or ppl who refuse to use taunts or ******* who overextend or ppl who dont peel for their healers i just wanna rip their eyeballs out. i could go on with the list infinitely. sometimes when i see ppl playing this game i picture them sitting in front of their pc in their sweatypants sipping their mountain dew code red while repeatable shouting HODOR! throughout the length of a warzone. never before have i seen an mmo that is so easy and yet has such an extremely awful pvp playerbase. dont get me wrong randoms are garbage in every mmo but in this one it just reaches a special kind of retarded. so ill ask u why would anyone who isnt completely braindead wanna put up with that?

Yes, the PVP forums are filled up with the premade issue. I too believe that pugs should have their own que. But its a numbers thing. Its hard to quantify how many people are for and against pugs having their own que, but this is true. If pugs get their own que, the premade fan bois will all quit because they will no longer have easy comm farming and easy wins. They don't want competition, they want easy wins and comms. The ones that say they just want to play with friends are masking the real issue of just wanting to roflstomp pugs. I think there would be a big fallout of subs if pugs get their own que and THAT is why the Devs wont comment on the issue.

Yes, the PVP forums are filled up with the premade issue. I too believe that pugs should have their own que. But its a numbers thing. Its hard to quantify how many people are for and against pugs having their own que, but this is true. If pugs get their own que, the premade fan bois will all quit because they will no longer have easy comm farming and easy wins. They don't want competition, they want easy wins and comms. The ones that say they just want to play with friends are masking the real issue of just wanting to roflstomp pugs. I think there would be a big fallout of subs if pugs get their own que and THAT is why the Devs wont comment on the issue.

Hello #409. u couldnt be any further away from the truth. pub stomping isnt fun, well it sort of is but it gets boring really fast. so no thats not the reason why ppl premade outside of ranked. the reason for that is infact very simple. its the queue times. no1 is gonna wait 20-30 mins for an arena match that is over in 5 mins when he can wait 1-5 mins on a match that most of the time will last 15 mins. its a matter of time efficiency. assuming any other reason for ppl queueing regular instead of ranked is simply a severe case of beeing butthurt.

yea blame ppl cos they wanna play with friends who know how to play instead of these random imbeciles u see in warzones every day. if the average joe would stop beeing utter trash this whole discussion wouldnt even exist. reality is if ur not a moron and know how to play the game (which btw really isnt hard at all) u facepalm 100 times a min at the blatant idiocy of 99% of the ppl in warzones. its not fun. its frustrating. idgaf about winning or losing but when i see tanks with less than 100k protection or ppl who refuse to use taunts or ******* who overextend or ppl who dont peel for their healers i just wanna rip their eyeballs out. i could go on with the list infinitely. sometimes when i see ppl playing this game i picture them sitting in front of their pc in their sweatypants sipping their mountain dew code red while repeatable shouting HODOR! throughout the length of a warzone. never before have i seen an mmo that is so easy and yet has such an extremely awful pvp playerbase. dont get me wrong randoms are garbage in every mmo but in this one it just reaches a special kind of retarded. so ill ask u why would anyone who isnt completely braindead wanna put up with that?

Bang on the nail.

In a nutshell, **** people are the issue, not premades.

Premades arent the problem. The problem is the skill disparity that arises when two or more good players form a group. No one gives a crap or even notices the bad premades and there are far more bad premades than there are good ones. Just look at Kun gaming, the only reason you've heard of them is because they post stupid videos, the swtor equivalent of paralympics. Would you like to be stuck with a Kun premade? I sure as hell wouldnt.

Usually it's enough that two good players group up. You've instantly replaced what most likely would have been a bad pug with a good player and you'll have the support you need to hold down an objective, regardless of you roles. As a tank/scouprative combo you're able to occupy 5 enemies while your pugs do their thing.

That said, the truely good players are so few and far apart that the only way to fix this for the rest of the community would be to ban them from warzones. Adding and enforcing hidden ratings would be futile because the good players would rarely to never get a pop. So there's basically no realistic solution. X-server might have been somewhat of a solution for the US EC/WC servers but it would do nothing for EU.

and then everyone synced ques in Vent and got into grps that way you cant stop people getting into same groups

So what you're saying is people will go to any length to get an easy win, they will go to any length to avoid competitive PvP.

I don't think that is what every PvPer wants.

But the current state of PvP cater and encourage that kind of approach to PvP. Competitive SWToR PvP is a dying fact. The current state of SWToR PvP cater and encourage cannibalism of any new players to SWToR PvP - All in the name of "Hey I just want to have fun together with some friends".

Edited by t-darko