The GSF Hate Thread

Telsnow

I'm not starting one. I'm giving everyone who doesn't like GSF a place to post so they aren't derailing the threads that praise the expansion.

The assumption being that people who dislike GS shouldn't talk about it with other people(who may very well be able to address their concerns)?

I'm sort of confused about what the OP is thinking here. Do you believe that threads are either hatred or praise?

From what I've seen its possible to civilly discuss features and whether or not people find them enjoyable even when the people discussing it disagree.

For example in your OP, you say that it doesn't seem very actiony.

That can be from one of two reasons.

1. The game isn't quite as fast as an FPS. There are no one-shot/headshot type abilities.

Perfectly reasonable to feel that the game isn't fast enough to satisfy you, and this isn't something that's likely to change.

2. You aren't able to kill people in 3 seconds or less from your first shots impacting. This would be a learn-to-play issue. As you get more experience you'll start to approach more normal kill times, which can make the game feel more action-oriented.

In this case you may find the game more enjoyable after you've become more experienced.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt it was slow at first but its seems fast the more I play, that being said the game has been out for a couple hours, just wait untill you get some upgrades because that will probally make a huge speed difference

Not much, most speed upgrades don't go over 8-10% of your starting speed. It's largely ship-based. The turn speed is much more noticable in upgrades however.

1. The game isn't quite as fast as an FPS. There are no one-shot/headshot type abilities.

2. You aren't able to kill people in 3 seconds or less from your first shots impacting. This would be a learn-to-play issue. As you get more experience you'll start to approach more normal kill times, which can make the game feel more action-oriented.

Actually gunships and strikes can 1-shot other ships with the right missiles or snipes, and the right primary on your six can kill you in 3 seconds or less, especially if shields aren't rear-reinforced.

Edited by ImpactHound

This thread is for everyone who doesn't like the new expansion to share their thoughts on why they don't like it. Anyone who likes the new expansion can go start the GSF Love Thread instead of posting here....

What about those of us that are indifferent? For example, I won't be playing it because it's PvP and I hate PvP. But I don't Hate this expansion. PvP is a normal part of online games, it's just not my thing.

good riddance, i am so sick of looking at that fat hutt face & the generic girl with toy gun, thank you for reminding me

That's what I expected. I know many people didn't like it, but personally, I loved it, and I'm not really fond of the new one. But that's just me :p

Well, since the haters never seem to respect people asking them to not post hate about stuff in other threads, I'm just gonna go in here and spread the love!

I love GS, it's an awesome alternative to doing the sidequests when leveling up.

Especially since I hate PvP so I refuse to do that while leveling...

Yes, I said it... I hate PvP...

GS is NOT PvP in the traditional MMO sense.

If you hate PvP, you should still try GS at least twice.

If you hate all multiplayer games at all (including world of tanks, battlefield, call of duty, gta v, need for speed or anything else with multiplayer in it) then by all means, don't play GS.

The only things I would like changed with GS is that the CM ships are not legacy unlocked and 1800cc for one ship on one character is a bit steep. And I would also love a zoomed in and zoomed out view of the fighter while flying (from inside view to about 3 times the standard view) since it can be hard to see where you are going when you are turning, which is kinda daft.

I really hope they didn't invest too much time or money into GSF.

Other than opening up a lot of stuff for people to buy in the cartel market it could easily be ignored. It doesn't appear to have any effect on the rest of the game beyond an easy way to make credits. It doesn't feel there is overly much sklll involved the fights are more about ganking people than jedi like reflexes.

Its been one day (not even that) and it feels dull, outside of the grind to upgrade my ships I can't see the appeal. All the work to put GSF into the game and there is for the Subscriber Launch one game mode with 2 maps with very very little in them. It doesn't feel like much of an expansion not given the level of content rise of the hutt cartel brought in.

This thread is for everyone who doesn't like the new expansion to share their thoughts on why they don't like it. Anyone who likes the new expansion can go start the GSF Love Thread instead of posting here. Arguing about subjective opinions is a waste of energy, so if you don't hate GSF, please don't post; the internet doesn't need anymore trolls inciting a flame war.

With that being said, I hate GSF because it feels incredibly slow-paced. There's not a lot of action it seems; just a ton of flying in circles and maybe blasting an enemy ship a couple times doing piddly damage to it. It feels like it takes forever to get kills. There's no excitement factor. The trailers for GSF look way more exciting than what was delivered. It feels like false advertisement. "Exciting and engaging dogfights!" they said. "Slow and boring slugfights" is what we got. I re-subscribed to the game specifically for this expansion based on the first trailer they released. It got me pumped. But now that it's here, it feels like an underwhelming disappointment.

How do you other haters feel?

Hey Man, Don't hold back tell us all how you exactly feel.

The Problem with the world today is there is to much HATE! I guess its to much effort to like or even love something just cause its just not what you expect. SIGH!

Take Care and Be Well....

I'm trying really hard to like GSF because I explicitly renewed my subscription to the game just for it, but I just can't enjoy it. I was expecting faster paced battles involving twitch reflexes. I wanted real PvP in space, which isn't what we got. What we got is a slow paced turtle fest where the drones are more likely to score a kill than the players. Maybe hate is a strong word to use but we live in a dualistic reality, even with the varying degrees in between the two extremes. For example, I don't hate GSF more than I hate cruelty towards animals, but GSF definitely falls on the hate end of the spectrum for me. At least some of the things I hate about it are fixable, but given Bioware's track record, I can't say that I'm hopeful.

I hate it.

I wanted to like it, but so far I am plodding around the map looking for targets to zap, and when i finaly find one i am pretty much unable to kill it because my target reticule is so sensitive i end up looping the loop five thousand times before i can even press the fire button for my gun. It also seems to be a massive CC sink fund....sigh....

TBH and at the risk of being flamed to death, its not Jump to Lightspeed and thats what i wanted :p

I hate it.

I wanted to like it, but so far I am plodding around the map looking for targets to zap, and when i finaly find one i am pretty much unable to kill it because my target reticule is so sensitive i end up looping the loop five thousand times before i can even press the fire button for my gun. It also seems to be a massive CC sink fund....sigh....

TBH and at the risk of being flamed to death, its not Jump to Lightspeed and thats what i wanted :p

Yea they somehow expect us to pitch, yaw, and roll with W,S,A,D, while accelerating with W and trying to fire with a horribly designed firing arc/reticule. Even if they fixed the TTK, it would still suffer from the worst controls of any flight sim game I've ever played. The lack of joystick support kills it.

I'm trying really hard to like GSF because I explicitly renewed my subscription to the game just for it, but I just can't enjoy it. I was expecting faster paced battles involving twitch reflexes. I wanted real PvP in space, which isn't what we got. What we got is a slow paced turtle fest where the drones are more likely to score a kill than the players. Maybe hate is a strong word to use but we live in a dualistic reality, even with the varying degrees in between the two extremes. For example, I don't hate GSF more than I hate cruelty towards animals, but GSF definitely falls on the hate end of the spectrum for me. At least some of the things I hate about it are fixable, but given Bioware's track record, I can't say that I'm hopeful.

You need to play it more. It takes time to sort it out (in BETA it took me the first weekend to really get the hang of it.) Once you learn to maneuver it feels faster. As your opponents get better it also takes more skill to win or to avoid getting blasted. You're not going to get it in a couple hours.

Got super bored after 2 games. The controls are awful, the reticule spins around and there is no visible way to change the sensitivity.

The worst part is knowing that they took time away from making the actual game better to make this. Its awesome that they made a pretty much lag free but boring Space PVP game, but why didn't they spend that time working on the actual Lag and Balance of the actual game...? Blows my mind.

Ill put my 2 cents in here since someone was kind enough to make a thread for it.

GSF is a huge steaming pile of trash, it is cluttered, unwieldy, and poorly designed. Leaving all of that aside though the main problem that I have with it is what could have been done with this games PVP in the year plus they have been working on this.

If those man hours and resources had been put toward stabilizing the game engine and working towards cross server PVP this game might have had a long term pvp future. Bioware have now removed just as much PVP content as they have added over the course of the last almost 2 years.

For someone like myself who has stuck with this game through thick and thin it is truly a slap in the face to be told that cross server; which could actually make a difference in this games pvp; is "too hard" but they can spend a year worth of resources on this failure.

Finally, this further fragments the pvp population

You need to play it more. It takes time to sort it out (in BETA it took me the first weekend to really get the hang of it.) Once you learn to maneuver it feels faster. As your opponents get better it also takes more skill to win or to avoid getting blasted. You're not going to get it in a couple hours.

I was in the beta for four weekends. I got the hang of it. I provided feedback that I felt the reticule sucked, that combat was too slow, that games were devolving into turtles. The game went live without any of those issues being addressed. Typical Bioware; ignore feedback and release it the way they want to release it. Plenty of people seem to love it though so I guess I'll just keep waiting for Star Citizen, a game that knows how to do space.

great idea. bad implementation. it takes a lot of time to fly from respawn to actual fight (with boosters), controls are awkward and targeting system is flawed.. there's no information shown about objective capture progress, etc. and it seems we have already premades on that, got like 5:1 lose:win ratio this evening. in short, it takes a lot of time of boring flying-around, instead of doing some actual damage. Edited by elstaar

5 games and Ive had enough. Its not a tie/xwing dogfighter.

Fix the reticule, increase ship speed and turning circle and remove gunships. Make it a real WW2 dogfighting sim in space just what all the old games were.

Edited by Tellenn

This thread simply proves people have no idea how project management works and how teams function in a project environment.

Anyone who says so much else could have been done if Bioware hadn't wasted time on GS is simply flat wrong. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't hate it I just don't like it. I reminds me of a first person shooter I can't aim and maneuver well in those and am having the same problem with this. I logged in played some matches and sucked horribly. Now with that being said I am sure there are some who love it. That's awesome for them it's like I was saying to a friend I suppose they have to make stuff for everybody. :rolleyes: