The GSF Hate Thread

Telsnow

They could at least have added spaceship interiors. I mean SWG had it and its over 10 yrs old now.

This game feels not connected to my character at all. It just like I step outside TOR and play a game on my cellphone for a while and then back to TOR.

I'll give TOR 3 months at top if its running like this, Then its will be shutdown for good.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disappointed that they spent time developing and releasing the concept of Space PvP. On paper, it makes a great addition to the theme park. My problem's with the implementation and execution of the concept. The only thing they got right was the graphics and engine performance. It runs very smoothly and looks good, apart from the ships themselves. (They look like a toddler built them with legos.) But the two maps look good and it runs smoothly. If only the actual combat was better. Even if they eventually agree with our assessments regarding the TTK, it will be awhile before we see any balance changes. In the mean time, I've canceled my subscription.

They could at least have added spaceship interiors. I mean SWG had it and its over 10 yrs old now.

This game feels not connected to my character at all. It just like I step outside TOR and play a game on my cellphone for a while and then back to TOR.

I'll give TOR 3 months at top if its running like this, Then its will be shutdown for good.

LOL.

Oh....you're serious? Oh please, tell us another one.

I think people said TOR would shut down after every patch. Let me know when it happens.

LOL.

Oh....you're serious? Oh please, tell us another one.

I think people said TOR would shut down after every patch. Let me know when it happens.

So how "fresh" u Think this update is? year 1984? 1992? 1997? 2001? Thats when this type of games were done. Real old and simple Childs games. These type of games arent even sold anywhere anylonger, besdes ehere in SWTOR.

So how "fresh" u Think this update is? year 1984? 1992? 1997? 2001? Thats when this type of games were done. Real old and simple Childs games. These type of games arent even sold anywhere anylonger, besdes ehere in SWTOR.

Translation:

"Stop liking what I don't like"

Really dislike it atm.. Giving it a few days to see if i can get into it, but for the most part its meh.

Reason #1 Game should have a fixed cross hair imo with no guide to targets trajectory. At the moment it feels like an arcade game tbh. Combat feels slow and what not because of this luckily the damage is horrid or else it would be just a turret arcade shooter with insta pops.

Reason #2 3rd person view... Again arcade shooter and immersion breaking as I guess I am on the a pair of skis behind my ship. Combat in first person is hard, increased learning curve is the downside but a massive bump to immersion.

Reason #3 it feels dead, I cant really tell when i fire a missile, and I cant feel or hear taking damage. Feels very disconnected to the ship and the environment. Sound and nuances are vital for a flight game.

Reason #4 Mayby I am doing it wrong but I have not found any ways to adjust the sensitivity,keybind, or UI changes.

Yes my background is loaded with flight simulators and space simulators, and i was a joystick, first person purist, but for the last few months Ive been flying in Planetside 2 and I am enjoying that immensely, the bouncing between third person and first person is a skill onto itself , and yes i wish it was still just first person but with the mechanics of flight in that game would make it inaccessible to everyone except a ultra minority of players. SOE actually found a good balance between because you still need to be in first person for the targeting, and shooting.

Depending on game mechanics games like Planetside 2 work well with a mouse but you have the ability to vector thrust and hover, maneuver in ways that feel like a helicopter/jet hybrid. Playing all the old Xwing/Tie games, XvT,XWA and JTL these mechanics just out of sync with that Star Wars universe for me, But for the ones who played Rogue Squadron, Jedi Star Fighter, Battle grounds will feel right at home and I guess Bioware is going for that crowd.

Some of my background so I will admit my bias by default : Just about all the microsoft simulators over the years, Jane's Combat simulators galore, Wing Commanders, Xwing,-Tie-XvT-XWA-JTL. Freespace,Decent, X series, Freelancer,Starlancer,Evochron, and a bunch of others I have forgot about.

Been playing Planetside 2 and for my arcade needs Star Conflict so i really don't see this one sticking but Ill give it a go i guess...

Edited by Razot

All this crying is absolutely hilarious.

The controls take five matches or so to learn. Don't know what on earth people are on about when they say the controls are terrible.

I've already learned the controls. That doesn't make them less terrible. Have you played other games in this vein like World of Warplanes? They know how to do it right. All Bioware had to do was copy them, but they felt the need to add their own touch of fail to it.

Really dislike it atm.. Giving it a few days to see if i can get into it, but for the most part its meh.

Reason #1 Game should have a fixed cross hair imo with no guide to targets trajectory. At the moment it feels like an arcade game tbh. Combat feels slow and what not because of this luckily the damage is horrid or else it would be just a turret arcade shooter with insta pops.

Reason #2 3rd person view... Again arcade shooter and immersion breaking as I guess I am on the a pair of skis behind my ship. Combat in first person is hard, increased learning curve is the downside but a massive bump to immersion.

Reason #3 it feels dead, I cant really tell when i fire a missile, and I cant feel or hear taking damage. Feels very disconnected to the ship and the environment. Sound and nuances are vital for a flight game.

Reason #4 Mayby I am doing it wrong but I have not found any ways to adjust the sensitivity,keybind, or UI changes.

Yes my background is loaded with flight simulators and space simulators, and i was a joystick, first person purist, but for the last few months Ive been flying in Planetside 2 and I am enjoying that immensely, the bouncing between third person and first person is a skill onto itself , and yes i wish it was still just first person but with the mechanics of flight in that game would make it inaccessible to everyone except a ultra minority of players. SOE actually found a good balance between because you still need to be in first person for the targeting, and shooting.

Depending on game mechanics games like Planetside 2 work well with a mouse but you have the ability to vector thrust and hover, maneuver in ways that feel like a helicopter/jet hybrid. Playing all the old Xwing/Tie games, XvT,XWA and JTL these mechanics just out of sync with that Star Wars universe for me, But for the ones who played Rogue Squadron, Jedi Star Fighter, Battle grounds will feel right at home and I guess Bioware is going for that crowd.

Some of my background so I will admit my bias by default : Just about all the microsoft simulators over the years, Jane's Combat simulators galore, Wing Commanders, Xwing,-Tie-XvT-XWA-JTL. Freespace,Decent, X series, Freelancer,Starlancer,Evochron, and a bunch of others I have forgot about.

Been playing Planetside 2 and for my arcade needs Star Conflict so i really don't see this one sticking but Ill give it a go i guess...

I am so glad they don't listen to people like you when designing these things. This isn't a niche shooter. This is an accessible shooter for a bigger audience. Except it or move on.

I am so glad they don't listen to people like you when designing these things. This isn't a niche shooter. This is an accessible shooter for a bigger audience. Except it or move on.

Could you please give me the location of this bigger audience you speak of?

That is a pretty lame excuse for poor game design imo..

At first I was bummed as I for some reason thought Bioware was going to rip off Star Conflict.. Now i wish they would have lol..

SOE and PS 2, would be considered by many one of the hardest games to get into flying as the mechanics throw logic out the window, but after you wrap your brain around that fact it becomes very challenging and enjoyable and yes very easy to learn as the sky is loaded with Pilots in PS2...

So when did accessible start meaning you had to make things stupidly bad, instead of giving a person a tool set and skill set to learn and create a challenging game play? I see this space game having the shelf life of a gallon of milk tbh.

Besides that don't be hating on me that much... If your ever on a plane that your pilot dies on you're gonna be thankful for us niche gamers if one of us is on board lol

Edited by Razot

I don't hate the GSF.

And I don't see why anyone would start a threat on a discussion forum with the explicit desire to suppress alternative views. That sounds like a bunch of people who just want to get together and convince themselves that they're right and everyone who disagrees is ignorant. And that behavior has to be just about the most destructive sort of thought I can find in the world: The attempt to purify thought and opinion is the basis for some of the world's most disgusting crimes, and the cause of thousands of tiny annoyances and prejudices every day.

Try reading what he said genius. It's so people don't clutter up the other threads with hate. I really don't see what's so hard about the concept. Leave it up to a bunch of gamers to turn something constructive like what the OP is doing into some kind of hippy crusade against bigotry and censorship. Unbelievable.

-------------------------

I think it sucks. I was excited about it because I thought something was going to be done to revamp the PvsE space missions as well. I don't care anything about PvsP in a Starship. I was hoping to at least be able to customize my ship for Space Missions. As far as I'm concerned this xpac did zero for my playing experience. I'm glad it was free. Hopefully the people that did want PvsP in space will enjoy it and they'll release something to take the fun distraction that is Space Missions and revamp those into something that is deeper and more entertaining.

Could you please give me the location of this bigger audience you speak of?

That is a pretty lame excuse for poor game design imo..

At first I was bummed as I for some reason thought Bioware was going to rip off Star Conflict.. Now i wish they would have lol..

SOE and PS 2, would be considered by many one of the hardest games to get into flying as the mechanics throw logic out the window, but after you wrap your brain around that fact it becomes very challenging and enjoyable and yes very easy to learn as the sky is loaded with Pilots in PS2...

So when did accessible start meaning you had to make things stupidly bad, instead of giving a person a tool set and skill set to learn and create a challenging game play? I see this space game having the shelf life of a gallon of milk tbh.

Stupid bad is your opinion. I personally love GSF. I think I have been playing for 4 hours now.

All the games you describe are most definitely not the target audience here. This is a much faster, less simulation type game play. It pretty much fits right into the theme of the entire game design.

Look, you don't have to like it but its just downright foolish to complain when you KNOW you are X and yet complain you didn't get Y.

Stupid bad is your opinion. I personally love GSF. I think I have been playing for 4 hours now.

All the games you describe are most definitely not the target audience here. This is a much faster, less simulation type game play. It pretty much fits right into the theme of the entire game design.

Look, you don't have to like it but its just downright foolish to complain when you KNOW you are X and yet complain you didn't get Y.

I know this...And I was expecting an arcade space shooter, IE: Star Conflict...

In fact if you love GS i would really advise you to try Star Conflict its far better action space shooter than this.. Same drill with the nodes expect better maps and classes of ships.

Its Star Wars and Related to my toons so yeah ill give this a go but my initial vibe is not good. I don't know maybe I am missing something, maybe it gets better as you unlock more stuff... We will see i guess.

Edited by Razot

@Razot- you said you loved Freelancer and you hate GS? Hmm.... GS have SAME type of flight control as Freelancer m8. Similar to X-series (thou X is more of the sim than arcade, so it's much more sophisticated). I don't have ANY problem with controls on this game. You're just whining ;)

@Razot- you said you loved Freelancer and you hate GS? Hmm.... GS have SAME type of flight control as Freelancer m8. Similar to X-series (thou X is more of the sim than arcade, so it's much more sophisticated). I don't have ANY problem with controls on this game. You're just whining ;)

I didn't really say i liked Freelancer :p... Loved the story though!

Edited by Razot