The GSF Hate Thread

Telsnow

This thread is for everyone who doesn't like the new expansion to share their thoughts on why they don't like it. Anyone who likes the new expansion can go start the GSF Love Thread instead of posting here. Arguing about subjective opinions is a waste of energy, so if you don't hate GSF, please don't post; the internet doesn't need anymore trolls inciting a flame war.

With that being said, I hate GSF because it feels incredibly slow-paced. There's not a lot of action it seems; just a ton of flying in circles and maybe blasting an enemy ship a couple times doing piddly damage to it. It feels like it takes forever to get kills. There's no excitement factor. The trailers for GSF look way more exciting than what was delivered. It feels like false advertisement. "Exciting and engaging dogfights!" they said. "Slow and boring slugfights" is what we got. I re-subscribed to the game specifically for this expansion based on the first trailer they released. It got me pumped. But now that it's here, it feels like an underwhelming disappointment.

How do you other haters feel?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate the GSF.

And I don't see why anyone would start a threat on a discussion forum with the explicit desire to suppress alternative views. That sounds like a bunch of people who just want to get together and convince themselves that they're right and everyone who disagrees is ignorant. And that behavior has to be just about the most destructive sort of thought I can find in the world: The attempt to purify thought and opinion is the basis for some of the world's most disgusting crimes, and the cause of thousands of tiny annoyances and prejudices every day.

This thread is for everyone who doesn't like the new expansion to share their thoughts on why they don't like it. Anyone who likes the new expansion can go start the GSF Love Thread instead of posting here. Arguing about subjective opinions is a waste of energy, so if you don't hate GSF, please don't post; the internet doesn't need anymore trolls inciting a flame war.

With that being said, I hate GSF because it feels incredibly slow-paced. There's not a lot of action it seems; just a ton of flying in circles and maybe blasting an enemy ship a couple times doing piddly damage to it. It feels like it takes forever to get kills. There's no excitement factor. The trailers for GSF look way more exciting than what was delivered. It feels like false advertisement. "Exciting and engaging dogfights!" they said. "Slow and boring slugfights" is what we got. I re-subscribed to the game specifically for this expansion based on the first trailer they released. It got me pumped. But now that it's here, it feels like an underwhelming disappointment.

How do you other haters feel?

Maybe you'll like it more as you get used to playing it. I thought parts of it felt slow, but I think that was just my ship. Other people seemed to be zipping by very fast! And, once we get good at the controls, the dogfights really will be epic at times.

Also, might want to reserve judgement until February, when the full release hits. Just sayin'...

I don't hate the GSF.

And I don't see why anyone would start a threat on a discussion forum with the explicit desire to suppress alternative views. That sounds like a bunch of people who just want to get together and convince themselves that they're right and everyone who disagrees is ignorant. And that behavior has to be just about the most destructive sort of thought I can find in the world: The attempt to purify thought and opinion is the basis for some of the world's most disgusting crimes, and the cause of thousands of tiny annoyances and prejudices every day.

Quotable, I just hope people take it seriously in the opposite context when someone has a criticism and they are blankly accused of trolling.

Maybe you'll like it more as you get used to playing it. I thought parts of it felt slow, but I think that was just my ship. Other people seemed to be zipping by very fast! And, once we get good at the controls, the dogfights really will be epic at times.

Also, might want to reserve judgement until February, when the full release hits. Just sayin'...

If you play strike or gunship first, the slowness is really apparent. I definitely recommend Scout once people get used to the controls.

Edited by ImpactHound

This thread is for everyone who doesn't like the new expansion to share their thoughts on why they don't like it. Anyone who likes the new expansion can go start the GSF Love Thread instead of posting here.

You don't get to dictate what people can or cannot post. Well, you can try, but you will fail.

I have no intention of even trying it because I don't like PvP.

You don't get to dictate what people can or cannot post. Well, you can try, but you will fail.

I have no intention of even trying it because I don't like PvP.

I didn't think it felt like PvP the way ground PvP does. It's just ships and satellites to shoot at, as far as I'm concerned.

I always get a laugh out of the people who post a thread and then try to lay down some sort of rule that you can only post if you agree with them, lol. If you don't want anyone who disagrees with your opinion to post, then the internet probably isn't the place for you. When you post your opinion on a public message board, you are opening your opinion up to criticism and disagreement. If you can't handle that, then maybe it's better not to post at all.

I didn't think it felt like PvP the way ground PvP does. It's just ships and satellites to shoot at, as far as I'm concerned.

It really does feel like a really advanced AI-based PVE game. The only thing that breaks that immersion is the big "So-and-So has killed Infernalism" that flashes across my screen when someone gets me.

Yea it doesn't feel like PvP. The only time I have to use twitch reflexes is when my ship is about to fly into an asteroid lol.. the scout flies faster, but it's damage is terrible. I was a beta tester and I provided the same feedback, but I also took into consideration that it was beta. Things haven't changed. At least they took the bomber out, but Space PvP in general feels so much slower paced compared to avatar PvP.

I don't really hate it, I'm just not interested in it at the moment. However, I wish they would not keybind new panels. I'm not happy about having to change it on 35 toons. As it is now, H is keybound to both, a skill and the Hangar on all my characters... (and I am sad to see the old loading screen go :p)

I don't like it but I'm sure many do. I checked it out and really won't spend much time on it, it's not bad, just not my cup of tea. I'll be playing it mainly when I'm leveling chars until there is a pve option. I suppose if I play it a lot more I might get hooked but tbh I really can't get into it, I find myself wanting to do ground missions more. Props for the expansion though!

this is a pvp expantion, there is nothing new at all for pve. if it keeps the pvp people happy, good for them. but it means dick to me. i want free flight pve space missions, thats what i was waiting for. i don't like pve. it would be nice if they could put something in for everyone, instead of making the whole thing pvp centered.

I always get a laugh out of the people who post a thread and then try to lay down some sort of rule that you can only post if you agree with them, lol.

I knew I was going to get posters like you with the typical "you're not my dad!" crap. Of course I can't stop you from posting. I never thought I could. I was only trying to discourage it. This is a negative feedback thread. I know it's going to attract the apologist fanboy Bioware defense brigade. You're not allowed to not like anything Bioware does on these forums without getting swarmed. But I started this thread to consolidate all the negative feedback in hopes of reducing it in other threads where people want to talk about how much they like it. Of course, it's an exercise in futility, but it's worth a try.

Edited by Telsnow

i don't really hate it, i'm just not interested in it at the moment. However, i wish they would not keybind new panels. I'm not happy about having to change it on 35 toons. As it is now, h is keybound to both, a skill and the hangar on all my characters... (and i am sad to see the old loading screen go :p)

good riddance, i am so sick of looking at that fat hutt face & the generic girl with toy gun, thank you for reminding me

this is a pvp expantion, there is nothing new at all for pve. if it keeps the pvp people happy, good for them. but it means dick to me. i want free flight pve space missions, thats what i was waiting for. i don't like pve. it would be nice if they could put something in for everyone, instead of making the whole thing pvp centered.

LMAO I can't believe that's not wordfiltered :D

Edited by ImpactHound

I knew I was going to get posters like you with the typical "you're not my dad!" crap. Of course I can't stop you from posting. I never thought I could. I was only trying to discourage it. This is a negative feedback thread. I know it's going to attract the apologist fanboy Bioware defense brigade. You're not allowed to not like anything Bioware does on these forums without getting swarmed. But I started this thread to consolidate all the negative feedback in hopes of reducing it in other threads where people want to talk about how much they like it. Of course, it's an exercise in futility, but it's worth a try.

Or perhaps, if you wanted to be taken seriously, you could have phrased it not as a hate thread, but as a suggestion thread as to what is wrong with GSF.