PvP training for noobs?

tharbison

I'd like to try some wz pvp but don't know the maps, pvp strategies, etc. and don't want to bring my team down while I learn the ropes. Or get raged for being facerolled until I get the swing of it. Are there any pvp training areas in SWTOR? Edited by tharbison

the training areas are on the Gav Daragon ship bridge deck for Republic, Ziost Shadow bridge deck for empire, to go to those ships go to the mission departures elevator and take it to interfleet transport.

That doesn't help learn the maps, or the strategy.

OP, you need to simply play. PLAY PLAY PLAY. Don't be afraid to suck for a long time. It's OK. Just realize that each match you complete, win or lose, makes you BETTER because you're learning. Don't mindlessly DERP DPS, learn the objectives, and PLAY!!! In the meantime, save up Comms for better gear, or if in lowbie bracket before Valor level 40, buy up a ton of medpacks.

Just play in lowbies since 55 will be a bit brutal. You'll still get trash talked and you will possibly suck for a while, but you'll learn by playing.

Reading some guides is a good way to prepare as well. Besides the guide "How to Become a Contender", there are other guides on the web and the forums regarding the PVP maps. Depending on your class, you sometimes fill a role that people will expect you to do (of course, you do not have to do it), so you might want to check specific PVP guides in the class forums (for example, Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia for sin/shadow tank). /r/swtor has some Community Posts about warzones tips and strategies, so you might want to check it out too.

Thanks for the feedback. I think what has me anxious most is beaming into a wz map and having absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'll read some guides.

You have absolutley nothing to worry about. If every new pvper in game were like you, there would be nothing to complain at.

The problem are all the folks with no clue - and no interest in getting one-

Read a guide and state that you're new when you enter the WZ, and that you could use some directions. No team could ask for more in regs, and yeah - you might wanna wait a while before entering Ranked Warzones =)

Not a PvP god by any means, but I've been here since launch and I'm going to give the best piece of advice I know how:

If you're a DPS, the most basic skill you should learn is to hit the healer with the glowing symbol floating over its head. In my experience, the most basic difference between a competent team and a gaggle of mouth-breathers is the ability to hit the same target at the same time. This is referred to as "focus fire". For the most part, those glowing symbols (aka, "marks") are there for a good reason.

So (in my humble opinion )the best instinct you can develop as a competent DPS is to lock onto the person with the mark and do everything you can to make them blow up. Generally speaking, this target will be the opposing team's healer(s), and - if they have enough neurons to form a synapse - they will hand their team a victory if allowed to do their job unopposed (you'll sometimes hear this referred to as "freecasting" - don't let them do it).

Caveat: I am not - REPEAT, AM NOT - talking about advanced targeting tactics like burst target, CC target, peel target, and hard-switching. I'm referring to entry-level focus fire. So, no torches from the more advanced players, pweeze.

:D

Edited by RodneyMcNeely

fair play to you for diving in

just remember the golden rule

NEVER EVER EVER EVER leave a turret,door,or any other objective point undefended. if you do this,you will already be better than most beginners

another tip which may help- go find some open heroic area with lots of elites and strong mobs,dismiss your companion,and spend ages fighting them,you will learn to vary your attacks according to whether they are melee or ranged, and generally become better at fighting

good luck mate

Im typing this on an iPad, so forgive any typos, but OP, you are exactly the kind of player we are looking to help with the Fight Club idea. Darko provided a linked to the post, and DainjaMous is putting the website together. Once we figure out the name, I'll be putting the Mumble server up.

We are also intending to put up guides on exactly what you're talking about. Ill try to give you a vetterr response later today or tomorrow.

Play in the under 30 bracket, no one expects anything resembling good play there anyway.

Awesome game in midbie bracket last night (30-54)!

So there I was, Imp vs Imp Alderaan Civil War. I was on my Powertech, guarding Snow. The enemy team had Grass. Mid was a stalemate; both armies were there, no one had capped it.

I made a bold move, and left Snow! Ran right past the enemy spawn! Came in from behind the enemy line! Ran right past them straight to the Node! Started capping!

Uh oh, that Marauder saw me! He began keyboard turning in my general direction! Any minute now, he was going to target me, backpedal, and then Force Charge! BUT WAIT! HERE COMES INVISIAS! Just in the nick of time, she stood right in front of me, distracting the Marauder and preventing him from clicking on me!

It was all the time I needed to finish my cap. I went back to Snow for the GG.

I really need to start recording this crap.

Edited by Arlanon

Thanks for the feedback. I think what has me anxious most is beaming into a wz map and having absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'll read some guides.

The best advice that has been given in this thread is for you to play in lowbie brackets. Seriously, you can pretty much do whatever you want in lowbies and it's expected.

fair play to you for diving in

just remember the golden rule

NEVER EVER EVER EVER leave a turret,door,or any other objective point undefended. if you do this,you will already be better than most beginners

another tip which may help- go find some open heroic area with lots of elites and strong mobs,dismiss your companion,and spend ages fighting them,you will learn to vary your attacks according to whether they are melee or ranged, and generally become better at fighting

good luck mate

I would argue that if you're a juggernaut, go ahead and leave the node undefended. Because you certainly aren't defending it by being near it on a jugg.

Here is some solid advice,

Huttball: Keybind your throw huttball.

Learn about nodes and learn how to type out commands when a incoming is coming.

For instance if you are west "3 West Inc" ect ect.

In Voidstar learn what side is east and west, and no its not facing the door. (Alot of noobs get that confused)

Also if you are a healer DO NOT GUARD A NODE!

Thats all I got atm got a Q pop, good luck and godspeed! ;)

Edited by Makavelithug

Here's some basic stuff that took me a while to learn when I first started. A quick disclaimer; I'm very much a noob as well and all of this is going off memory as I'm on vacation and can't play at the moment.

Nodes

In all of the warzones except for Huttball, you'll have three "nodes" that need to be captured in order to win. Turrets in Alderaan Civil War, pylons in Ancient Hypergate, mortar batteries in Novarre Coast, or doors in Voidstar. In all of these WZs, nodes are critical to winning any match.

ACW starts each side at 600 pts with a team winning once the other team is reduced to zero. Each node (turret) you capture reduces the enemy's points at a steady rate, so holding two means you reduce their points twice as fast as if you have one. Generally speaking, it tends to be a useful strategy to try and capture the one to your left with 1-2 players while the rest go for mid to try and capture that, or at least try to stop the enemy from capturing it as long as possible. Trying to capture the nodes to the left and right is occasionally doable, but IMO tends to be a less viable strategy than taking mid and left, as any enemy in the middle section can see you heading that way earlier on and can stop you more easily.

AH is more complicated, but essentially (as I understand it), comes down to either killing the enemy and racking up the body count and/or collecting orbs. This guide seems to cover it pretty well, but I didn't see anything about scoring. IIRC, I believe you get twice as many points for bringing orbs back to your pylon as for killing the enemy, so while you can try and kill the enemy, it's not the best way to win.

Ancient Hypergate Guide

NC is kinda funny in that while you reduce the other team's point (from 100-0), similar to ACW, you don't reduce the other team's points at all if you only have one node and they have two, so NC allows for a come from behind victory at pretty much at time at all, whereas ACW eventually gets to a point where you aren't going to win no matter what you do, unless the other team screws up badly.

Voidstar is all about getting as far into the enemy's territory as possible as quickly as possible. It's easier to defend if your team knows what they're doing, but respawn times can leave a large chunk of your team helpless while the attacking team caps.

In all of these cases, it is critical to know what node your teammates are referring to. "Left" or "right" is generally not a good way to refer to your nodes, IMO, as that can lead to confusion, but if someone does say "left," they probably mean left as your looking at them from the spawn point. A better was to refer to your nodes is either "East," "West," or "North" (Voidstar, last room). East is on the right side of the mini-map, west is on the left, and north at the top. The game always refers to the same doors as east, west, or north, so there's no confusion or argument on which is which. Also, in ACW, one of the nodes is in a predominantly grassy area, while the other one is predominantly snowy. These nodes are usually called "grass" or "snow," respectively. Remember, too, that there is an underground tunnel connecting the two.

In every case, it's important to remember that the nodes are the most important aspect of the match. Your team can absolutely dominate the leaderboard and still lose the match if the other team maintains control of the nodes (and vice versa).

Also, unless you're steam rolling the opposition, don't try to capture all three nodes. Get the easy one first (the one furthest from the enemy and closest to you), fight for mid, and ignore the third node once you get two. Trying to go for three is the quickest and easiest way to lose a match you're leading.

FIghting on Node

This is one of those really simple tactics that so many people forget, and is one of the primary complaints in WZ PvP. Some simple things to keep in mind:

- Try to *always* watch the node, even when you're fighting someone. A good attacker will try to pull you away from the node or, failing that, at least try to maneuver you into a position where you're pointing away from the node when you're fighting. That way, one of his teammates can try to capture the node while you're not watching it. Even if he dies, if his teammates captured the node, they've defeated you.

- Don't chase an enemy away from the node if you're the one guarding. This is a question of judgment, of course, but keep in mind that an opponent can capture your node very quickly, so even if that opponent is down to 5% health and you're got a pretty much guaranteed kill, let him go if you're the one who's guarding the node. Go back to the node and heal.

- Call out incoming. If you're guarding (or even if you just see the opposing team attacking and haven't seen a call yet), a quick "1 w" in ops chat can mean the difference between keeping the node (and possibly winning) or losing it (and possibly losing). Also, while I've seen some dissenting opinions on this, I always suggest calling out the 1 incoming enemy if you're alone. If there's two of you guarding, maybe not, but you'll learn to get a feel for this. That one incoming enemy very possibly may not be alone, and a smart enemy is not going to attack you at a node unless he's relatively certain he can defeat you one on one (in which case you'll want reinforcements) or he knows he's not alone. Also, make this your #1 priority, regardless. Others may disagree (and I welcome dissenting opinions), but I tend to believe that spending one second or so to type in "1 w" can save the node. Ditto with typing out "2," "3," or "zerg" as a follow up as more opponents arrive.

- Respond to incoming. If someone else is guarding, try to keep an eye on ops chat and head west if someone types out "1 w" and you don't see anyone else responding. This is another thing you'll learn as you go; having four people head west when someone types out "2 w" can be just as disastrous as having no one head west. Keep in mind that the point is to keep both nodes, not just one.

Don't Keyboard Turn

This makes a huge difference. At the very least, you need to move quickly in PvP. Any halfway decent player who's been playing for more than a day or do will try to run around you, since a lot of abilities are directional in nature. If he can run behind you when you're trying to attack him, while simultaneously facing you during that entire time, he will be able to unload one attack after another while you're stuck turning in place. This requires practice, but at its most basic you'll be using WAD to move while using the mouse to turn. Try not to back up while in combat (i.e., don't use the "S" key); you run backwards much slower than you run forward and turn, so while it may not seem overly intuitive to do so, in can be much more effective to run forward and turn around, or at least to sidestep, as opposed to back-pedaling. A smart opponent who sees you backpedaling will simply follow and annihilate you while you're trying to get out of range.

If you have one, an MMO mouse can help tremendously I personally have a MadCat MMO7 mouse with a thumbstick on the mouse which I use to move. This allows me to use all of the fingers on my left hand for my abilities. Your mileage may vary (and some people dislike the gaming mice/keyboards for their own reasons), but while I found this took a day or so to get used to, it made a tremendous difference in my PvP game play once I did learn how to do this.

Stick Together

This has always been a hard lesson for me to learn, but it's fairly intuitive when you think about it. One guy alone trying to take down two guys defending a node is not a recipe for success. It can feel like you're being temporarily worthless when you're standing there watching and not doing anything, but running into to attack two or more guys by yourself merely feeds them kills (and in the case of AH, points). If you can wait for one or two other guys to join you, you will all be more effective. Ditto with guarding, by the way.

Focus Fire

Another simple strategy that people miss pretty frequently is focus fire. At the most basic level, try to attack the guy with the lowest health. There's a definite school of thought here that says to go after the healer (and that can be useful in some circumstances), but if you see your teammates pounding away on someone and their hit points are fairly well depleted, it's generally speaking a good idea to help them, as opposed to attacking someone else. Note that there are certainly exceptions to that, but as a brand new PvP players, hitting the weakest opponent is a good place to start.

In the absence of a clear target with a low amount of health, going after the healer can be useful. You'll have to play this by ear, and if you have time to send the question out before a match starts, it can help to ask as the guy who seems like the obvious target may not be. For myself, I tend to go for whoever I see with the lowest HP, or the healer (sage/sorcerer/operative/scoundrel), or whoever jumps out in front of their team. One juggernaut 50m in front of a group of his teammates in an arena makes a better target than the healer you have to run through three enemies to get to, after all.

If you can, read the section in the How to Be a Contender guide (link posted earlier in this thread) regarding "All Star Tactics" and covering Acquire Focus Target. If you can manage that, it can be very helpful.

Passing the Huttball

You won't see this in your list of abilities until your first Huttball match, but once you do, I would suggest putting it into one of your castbars and keybinding it. Use a key you don't use overly much, but which is still reachable (I have it on my "X" key). Don't be afraid to pass when you get low on health and/or see a lot of incoming enemy. Best of all, keep an eye out for teammates that are close to the end zone. Also, don't feel like you have to take the ball yourself the entire way; any halfway awake opposing team will make that impossible. Just make sure to keep an eye out for people to pass to. Good times to pass are when your teammate is on the opponent's ledge near the goal line or on one of the ramps leading to it, when you're getting low on health and about to die, when the opponents are distracted away from a teammate who has a clear lane to the goal line, etc. I'll also pass the ball on occasion when I'm low on defensive coodowns and see opponents incoming. Without DCDs, I can be stunned, focus fired, and killed fairly quickly, thus giving up the ball to the opposing team.

Where to Stand/Avoid in Huttball

Remember that there are classes that can leap to you, push you, and/or pull you, so try to avoid certain locations.

- Standing in your end zone or on the ledge near that allows an opponent to leap to you and score quickly. An opposing ball carrier in the pit in front of your end zone is helpless to get to the end zone and has a very long way to travel to get into a position to score, normally, but if you're standing on the ledge, they can avoid all of that by leaping up to attack you. From there, it only takes a couple seconds to make it to the endzone. So... stay away from that ledge if the opposing ball carrier is in the pit.

- Similar to that, keep an eye out for opponents in this zone. The Huttball can be passed to someone in this area fairly quickly, so kill them before that happens, if you can.

- Any class with a push ability can knock you off a bridge fairly quickly, depending on where you are in relation to them. Try to stay further up or down the bridge if you can, so that they won't push you off into a pit.

Receiving a Pass

If you find yourself in a position where you're closer to the opposing team's endzone than most everyone else (behind enemy lines, as it were), keep an eye out for the ball carrier. If your team has the ball, the carrier is likely going to be swarmed, if he isn't already. If you're standing on one of the final ramps, you can be available for the throw and score. Remember, though, that he's passing it to a specific area, so you want to be careful about moving before he throws as you can move out of the reception area before catching it.

Also, remember not to pop any stealth abilities after catching the ball (this goes for orbs, too, in AH), as that will reset the ball back to mid if you do.

Markers on Opposing Players

These can be placed by right-clicking an opposing player and selecting the marker you wish to place. Generally these are placed by someone on your side who believes that a given player should be taken out first. It could be because that's the healer, someone they know to be a weak player, a stealth class, or any other reason. For myself, I generally look at this as a good reason to attack that player, as I know there's at least one other person who is going to be targeting that individual.

Line of Sight

Simply stated, this is just a matter of either keeping a clear line of sight between you and your target (if using a ranged ability) or running behind something to break line of sight (if you're the target of a ranged ability). Simple version; keep an eye on your terrain and remember to use it. Melee players especially need to make use of this to avoid getting kited or killed before they can close on their targets, so knowing your surroundings is a good idea for everyone.

Cooldowns

At its most simple level, get to know your defensive cooldowns; what will break a root, what will heal you, what will counter a mezz, etc. Get to know them intimately (moreso than your attacks), and make sure to keybind them all. Better yet, though, know when not to use them. If you're guarding a node and an enemy stealther stuns you, your first instinct is going to be to break that so you can defend the node. However, it's also a fairly common practice for a solo stealther to stun a solo node guard in an attempt to get them to blow their CC breaker. Once you do, they can use a different stun or mezz and then cap the node without your interference. Oftentimes when I get stunned guarding a node, I'll simply type out "1 w stealth" (as I have the extra time to do so, as I'm stunned and unable to move anyway), and then wait for the stun to wear off or wait for them to pop out of stealth and try to cap.

Likewise, if you're surrounded by four opponents who are all focus firing you, popping a medpac is largely useless. Wait until a later point where it'll make a difference. Of course, that's not to say there aren't abilities you can use in such instances (Guarded by the Force is one for Sentinels that can help immensely), but make sure not to pop something if it's not going to make a difference.

Keybinds and UI Customization

Figure out a good one. I personally always used the default WASD + mouse method, which meant I was consistently getting my butt kicked. Trying to hit the 1 key to launch my default attack meant not moving for a quarter second or so while I moved my fingers over, which meant more than enough time for an opponent to take advantage of my immobility. Likewise, looking at all of my abilities on two quickbars meant often missing valuable information. Not using Overload Saber, for example, because it was mixed in with a bunch of other abilities that I didn't use as often, so that I didn't see right away when it was available.

Unless you're better at this than I was (which is entirely possible), this might take several days or weeks to get right, but for me, I spent something like three weeks customizing the UI through the Interface editor and assigning keys to different quickbars. I started with two quickbars, then eventually cycled up to three, then four, and now I use all six bars. Four of them have 5-7 buttons, so I don't use all of the real estate available, but it's a lot easier for me to have a bar of five buttons in the upper left that show the availability of several DCDs, as an example. I don't need to recall exactly where Zen is, for example, but I know it's in that general area along with all the other Centering-related abilities. Note that each time you make any significant changes, it can throw off your entire rhythm and cause you to have to re-learn everything, but in the end, it's definitely worth it.

Mobility = Life

This is the single biggest thing I needed to learn about PvP. Someone mentioned in another post that all you needed to do as a brand new 55 entering PvP for the first time was to simply use the same rotation you used in PvE for PvP. I completely disagree with that. Unlike mobs, other players (at least the good ones) don't stand still. That guy you're trying to unload a Master Strike on isn't going to stand there and take it. If he knows what's happening, he's going to run away far enough to stop it from unloading on him, and only then come back to you. Ditto with ranged attacks. Breaking LoS is a fairly simple thing to do on a lot of maps, and that's PvP 101. Likewise, a good PvP player is typically not going to just stand in front of you and attack. Rather, he'll attack you and move, circling around you like a rapid chihuahua on crack. If you're not able to do the same (or at least turn fast enough to keep him in your field of attack), he's going to annihilate you.

Don't Take Anything Personally

The last (but probably most important) point is to make sure to not take anything personally. There certainly is a rather vocal group of PvP players who are more than happy to rant, rave, and insult you during WZ PvP. Remember not to take it personally. I've personally noticed in a lot of cases that the person doing the ranting isn't any better, skill-wise, than those they're ranting at, and even if they do manage to put up big numbers on the scoreboard, that doesn't give them the right to yell at you. Remember that they're not paying your subscription and you have just as much right as they do to play the game and have fun and if they don't like it, you can always right-click on their name and select the ignore option.

The best advice that has been given in this thread is for you to play in lowbie brackets. Seriously, you can pretty much do whatever you want in lowbies and it's expected.

I fully agree to that.

Don't Take Anything Personally

The last (but probably most important) point is to make sure to not take anything personally. There certainly is a rather vocal group of PvP players who are more than happy to rant, rave, and insult you during WZ PvP. Remember not to take it personally.

I can only stress that. Especially the "happy" part, my inner cynic adds.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Goergemattson's post was really good. Just a couple things...

This guide seems to cover it pretty well, but I didn't see anything about scoring.

That's because no one, including the devs, actually knows how AHG scoring works. :D But this is how I understand it (get ready for an essay :( )...

First, you get no points at all until you capture a pylon (each round). That capture, in an of itself, gives you quite a few points. Once you have a pylon, you get N points per kill, and Nx2 points per orb, where "N" goes up each round (and it counts all the kills you've had that round, not just the ones you get post-pylon-capture). You get the points for an orb as soon as you get it back to the pylon, but the points for kills are only "potential" points. That's why you'll see two numbers on the scoreboard during a round. Once the round ends, and the pylons explode, then *IF* you still have a pylon you'll get the points for the kills that round. First one to 600 wins (and remember that orbs count immediately, while kills count later - so you can win in the middle of a round with an orb, but not with a kill.)

That's the basics. Then I've read some other stuff that may or may not be true - about kills from the pervious round somehow contributing to an increased score for capturing a pylon on the next round. Also, I'm not sure how it counts deaths that happen from the explosion wave (not from another player killing you, but from the 'force' wave that the pylons give off).

Remember that they're not paying your subscription and you have just as much right as they do to play the game and have fun and if they don't like it, you can always right-click on their name and select the ignore option.

But be warned that, unlike PvE matchmaking, you *CAN* get put into a WZ with someone on your ignore list. Which would mean that you'd miss any valid messages they typed into chat. So use the "ignore" option cautiously with respect to PvP.

That's because no one, including the devs, actually knows how AHG scoring works. :D But this is how I understand it (get ready for an essay :( )...

First, you get no points at all until you capture a pylon (each round). That capture, in an of itself, gives you quite a few points. Once you have a pylon, you get N points per kill, and Nx2 points per orb, where "N" goes up each round (and it counts all the kills you've had that round, not just the ones you get post-pylon-capture). You get the points for an orb as soon as you get it back to the pylon, but the points for kills are only "potential" points. That's why you'll see two numbers on the scoreboard during a round. Once the round ends, and the pylons explode, then *IF* you still have a pylon you'll get the points for the kills that round. First one to 600 wins (and remember that orbs count immediately, while kills count later - so you can win in the middle of a round with an orb, but not with a kill.)

That's the basics. Then I've read some other stuff that may or may not be true - about kills from the pervious round somehow contributing to an increased score for capturing a pylon on the next round. Also, I'm not sure how it counts deaths that happen from the explosion wave (not from another player killing you, but from the 'force' wave that the pylons give off).

Actually, you score points in AHG even if you don't control a Pylon. They are merely "Potential Points", and Pylons are a modifier to those points.

0 Pylons = Potential Points x0

1 Pylon = Potential Points x1

2 Pylons = Potential Points x2

Points are accumulated during the entire round, regardless of how many Pylons you control. This is why the act of capturing a Pylon appears to give you a chuck of points. You don't actually earn points for capping the Pylon, you simply got a x1 multiplier on all the Potential Points earned up to that time. For this reason, it doesn't matter when you cap your Pylon... even if at the very end of the round, you will receive points for all kills that round. At the end of each round, the Potential Points become Permanent Points.

Orb Points are Permanent Points as soon as you get them.

Edited by Arlanon

Actually, you score points in AHG even if you don't control a Pylon. They are merely "Potential Points", and Pylons are a modifier to those points.

0 Pylons = Potential Points x0

1 Pylon = Potential Points x1

2 Pylons = Potential Points x2

Points are accumulated during the entire round, regardless of how many Pylons you control. This is why the act of capturing a Pylon appears to give you a chuck of points. You don't actually earn points for capping the Pylon, you simply got a x1 multiplier on all the Potential Points earned up to that time. For this reason, it doesn't matter when you cap your Pylon... even if at the very end of the round, you will receive points for all kills that round. At the end of each round, the Potential Points become Permanent Points.

Orb Points are Permanent Points as soon as you get them.

Is this news to anyone? I thought everyone knew by now :/

Custom games would be great and give teams a chance to create off-site ladders and proper guild/team rankings. I think it would be pretty useless as a training ground for new players though because the biggest mistakes in this game have nothing to do with game mechanics. There are a couple of basic things such as not guarding on the actual node or standing in leap range in Huttball but people should be able to pick up on those fairly quickly.

So with that out of the way, the vast majority of mistakes and stupidity in warzones is the outcome of people being stupid as human beings. They're, in lack of a better term, idiots and you can't cure that, atleast not in a legal way.

Custom games would be great and give teams a chance to create off-site ladders and proper guild/team rankings. I think it would be pretty useless as a training ground for new players though because the biggest mistakes in this game have nothing to do with game mechanics. There are a couple of basic things such as not guarding on the actual node or standing in leap range in Huttball but people should be able to pick up on those fairly quickly.

So with that out of the way, the vast majority of mistakes and stupidity in warzones is the outcome of people being stupid as human beings. They're, in lack of a better term, idiots and you can't cure that, atleast not in a legal way.

I asked Musco at the last Community Cantinaabout adding custom games and I was deeply saddened when he said they have no plans of ever adding custom games into the game. For the OP, joining a guild with voice chat is a great way to learn the ropes. Even PvE guilds dabble in PvP every once in awhile.

Take the most hardcore PvE raider. He knows all the fights. He knows how to taunt, guard, los, not stand in fire, CC the target with x marker, dps the target with y marker, and work together as a team. It's good training for PvP, right?

Stick him in a WZ and he FORGETS ALL OF IT

he also forgets how to learn from mistakes

Edited by Arlanon