Fight Club

georgemattson

I Think its an easier fix to have PUGs playing vs PUGs and preamdes vs Premades. that way u get what u expect to face. Having hi end players among noobs is causing annoyment on all levels since your boxed in 8vs 8 in a small area. And the arenas just makes it even worse!!

I would have to disagree. Sure, it would be easier if the devs just changed the game to provide realistic matchmaking. However, I think it's naive, not to mention foolish, to wait on that to happen.

Personally, I'd rather change something that I know we can change than to wait for a change that may never occur.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update on the status of this guild? I put an app in a month ago, and still havent heard a response.

Hey there. the webpage in DM's posts is a test site. the guild is not of yet formed. The webpage is placed here for testing and any advice on how to get it better/interesting etc. Stay subscribed to this thread for any development on the issue of guild making or/and membership.

cheers

Edited by t-darko

My apologies; the delay was my fault. The wife and I were on a two-week vacation up until Tuesday, and that was followed up by a lot of work and personal issues that have taken up almost all of my time this week. I just got back onto the forums tonight. Also, I know DainjaMouz has been putting the website together but had a medical emergency with his family last weekend that has taken him offline as well.

So... where are we headed, and what do we still need to do? Well...

First, I think we need to decide on the name. A few suggestions have been thrown out, and in the interests of getting something moving, I'll throw them out here for a vote. The name with the highest total by Wednesday (12/18) becomes the URL for the Mumble server I'll subscribe to (or at least a reasonable copy of the name, if it's really long). I'll publish the Mumble info here on Thursday, Friday at the latest.

Second, we need to get the website online. DM, I'm guessing you have some higher priorities going on at the moment, but if you're available, let us know. Otherwise, if you aren't, I'll try to copy and paste the website to a different URL. If I end up on this, it'll likely take a while; I'm not the greatest website designer.

Third, we need to start getting people together in-game and eventually start a guild. This'll have to wait until we have a name, but in the meantime, please feel free to list your character names here and I'll keep adding you to my friends list (and invite you to do the same).

Fourth, we need to get the Mumble server online and get people on it. That'll have to wait until we get the name figured out, but I'll have that done and the information posted here on Thursday or Friday night, depending on how quickly that gets done.

Fifth, we need to schedule events. We need to get the guild up and running first, along with the Mumble server. So this is in a pending status, atm.

TL / DR version (why does everyone put this at the end?):

1 - Choose a name

This is on you guys - pick one of the following (on my next post) by Wednesday night at midnight PST.

2 - Get the website online

Waiting for DM; however, I'll get this up by Saturday if DM is unavailable.

3 - Start getting together in-game/start a guild

Waiting for name choice. Also need people to help create the guild. Please contact me in-game before Thursday (my in-game names follow at the end of this post) or leave your name for me to contact you.

4. Get the Mumble server online

Thursday or Friday, as time permits, and I'll publish the info here and in the guild as soon as I get it.

5 - Schedule events

TBD

Contact me in-game as one of the following:

Keyira (main),

Rexorshan

Arlenvoss

Cheldiarr (Imp)

Aldenack

Karnad (Imp)

O'rama (Imp)

Muleone

The top two, in red, are my most commonly played.

Guild name ideas follow. Please list your top 1-3 choices. 3 points for 1st choice, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for 3rd.

Alliance of free fighters

Fear and Loathing in Mos Eisley

Fifth Column

Fight Club

Fringe Faction

Galactic Fight Club

Hidden Dragon

Hired Guns'

IRA (Imperial / Republican Alliance)

Obi-Wan Lied

Professional Pazaak Players

Shiny Happy People

Sith Panty Raid

The Red and Blue'

The Red and Blue Syndicate(or Alliance)'

TOR Fight Club

Unu vero'ec (Old corellian - one truth)

Unusual Suspects

Warzone Remix

Wo'saarai' (Sith Language - one truth)

Your Guild Name Here

The explanations in parenthesis would not be part of the guild name, but are included as explanations. Also, I am not certain if a guild can contain both Republic and Imperial players? If not, I'd suggest that we have alternating Republic and Imperial names for the guild. For example,:

"The Red and Blue Syndicate" - guild name on the website

rbs.mumble.com - Mumble server

Red Syndicate - Imperial guild on PoT5

Blue Syndicate - Republic guild on PoT5

And for the record, my suggestion would be as follows:

1st Choice

Fight Club - website guild name

fightclub.mumble.com (if available, otherwise SWTORFightClub.mumble.com or some variation thereof)

Republic Fight Club - Republic guild

Imperial Fight Club - Imperial guild

2nd Choice

The Red and Blue Syndicate - website guild name

Edited by georgemattson

I trust Georgemattson has my Pot5 alt names already, but in case someone missed them, they are Minirotta, Tuisku (Republic), Kres'anj'arani and Chaf'ial'anell (Empire). I've been most active with Minirotta lately.

For the voting part:

1st choice

Fringe Faction - website guild name

fringefaction.mumble.com (if not available, feel free to add the word "SWTOR" somewhere there)

The Fringe of Republic - Republic guild

The Fringe of Empire - Imperial guild

2nd choice

Red Syndicate - Imperial guild

Blue Syndicate - Republic guild

(I'd say "The Red and Blue Syndicate" is having a promising start here.)

Couldn't decide a third one, so I'll just leave that blank. ^^

1st Choice

Republic Fight Club - Republic guild

Imperial Fight Club - Imperial guild

2nd Choice

I'm good with either and I actually rolled a new sentinel on PoT5 last night and got her up to 15 I think. Toons name is Texassentinel and I've already friended up Keyira. I also have Texasjuggs and Texasshadow if you'd like to add them to the list as well.

Edited by Huckdabuck

Does it count if I'm the local butt supplier for the periodic butt kicking contest? I think I've managed one kill in something like 10 games so far :D

Ha, I know how you feel. You just need to find what ship and setup works best for you. I'd also suggest watching Dulfy's setup for the scout class here:

Best I've gotten is about 8 kills in a single match. Average more like 3-4 though. More often than not though, it's the team that caps 2 of the three objectives first that wins. But I'm loving the play style so far

I'm good with either and I actually rolled a new sentinel on PoT5 last night and got her up to 15 I think. Toons name is Texassentinel and I've already friended up Keyira. I also have Texasjuggs and Texasshadow if you'd like to add them to the list as well.

Awesome - sounds good, and I will.

Ha, I know how you feel. You just need to find what ship and setup works best for you. I'd also suggest watching Dulfy's setup for the scout class here:

Best I've gotten is about 8 kills in a single match. Average more like 3-4 though. More often than not though, it's the team that caps 2 of the three objectives first that wins. But I'm loving the play style so far

Thanks - I'll try that. I've noticed that everyone else seems to get to the fight significantly faster than I do, but then I also haven't spent any ship or fleet comms yet. Want to figure out what I'm doing, first, and tbh, the ground PvP is my first love.

who would I message/friend with to get in the guild if I transferred to here?

P.S. I am a 55 deception assassion full conq

Well... as long as you promise not to laugh too much at me, you'd contact me, but then we're not forming the guild until tomorrow night, as we're still getting votes on names.

These are my characters:

Keyira (main),

Rexorshan

Arlenvoss

Cheldiarr (Imp)

Aldenack

Karnad (Imp)

O'rama (Imp)

Muleone

I should probably mention that Keyira is only lvl 34. Rex is the one I want to run once I get a bit more familiar with the combat sentinel, and Arlen is the 55. None of them have gear that's worth a damn at the moment.

As I like to make things hard for myself, I decided to roll a new class that I haven't PvP with before; Scoundrel.

So, Maq, that's the name, a scruffy looking nerfherder with a declining hairline, some serious sideburns, basiclly he looks like Hulk Hogan's older skinnier brother. A scoundrel scrapper, lvl 20ish.

I plan to move over my commando healer, Cáron from the Ebon Hawk and maybe a 55er from one of my European servers.

My suggestion for guild name;

and I think DM's website can host both branches, giving each a own link.

cheers

My apologies, all; I just realized I had a typo on one of my previous posts:

Well... as long as you promise not to laugh too much at me, you'd contact me, but then we're not forming the guild until tomorrow night, as we're still getting votes on names.

What I meant to say was that I wanted to get all the votes in for the guild name by Wednesday (today), then form the guild on Thursday.

As for the guild name, Republic/Imperial Fight Club (or a variant thereof) got two #1 votes (six points), whereas Red/Blue Syndicate got two #2 votes and one #1 vote (seven points), so I went ahead and registered rbsswtor.mumble.com (rbs.swtor.com was unavailable).

Mumble information is as follows:

Address: rbsswtor.mumble.com

Port: 9495

Username: pick whatever you want to be called

Password: welcome

We'll change the above settings if needed.

Next Steps:

We'll need four people to create the guild, and I'll do that as players are available tomorrow (or later on, if needed). So far, I have not seen more than one other person from the thread online at any time (at least on the Republic side), so it may take some time before we get people together. Please be patient in the meantime. Also, I will need three of you to contact me at your earliest convenience. I will plan on being online tomorrow as either Keyira or Rexorshan by 6pm MST (hopefully), and should be online for several hours afterward. Please contact me via PM or (preferably) on Mumble once you're available, and we'll form a group and wait for others to join. Once we have a full group, I'll head to Coruscant and form the guild.

If more people are online who wish to form the Imperial side of the guild, let me know and I'll accommodate. If that's the case, I'll log on as Cheldiarr or Karnad.

After this (either tomorrow or Friday), I'll start working on the website, as we haven't yet heard back from Dainjamous. Hopefully everything is okay with him and he'll be able to take this back on eventually, but in the meantime, I'd like to get something going so that we can at least start putting up training guides, discussion boards, etc. Please be advised, though, that I'm absolutely not a website designer, so this part of the process will be kind of a "as soon as I can figure everything out" kind of thing. If anyone here knows website design, a volunteer would be most welcome.

I look forward to gaming with you all online.

The point system seems a bit arbitrary :D.

I suggest holding a vote when the guild gather the first 10 players that actually join the guild, that might be more official -feel.

My apologies, all; I just realized I had a typo on one of my previous posts:

What I meant to say was that I wanted to get all the votes in for the guild name by Wednesday (today), then form the guild on Thursday.

As for the guild name, Republic/Imperial Fight Club (or a variant thereof) got two #1 votes (six points), whereas Red/Blue Syndicate got two #2 votes and one #1 vote (seven points), so I went ahead and registered rbsswtor.mumble.com (rbs.swtor.com was unavailable).

Mumble information is as follows:

Address: rbsswtor.mumble.com

Port: 9495

Username: pick whatever you want to be called

Password: welcome

We'll change the above settings if needed.

Next Steps:

We'll need four people to create the guild, and I'll do that as players are available tomorrow (or later on, if needed). So far, I have not seen more than one other person from the thread online at any time (at least on the Republic side), so it may take some time before we get people together. Please be patient in the meantime. Also, I will need three of you to contact me at your earliest convenience. I will plan on being online tomorrow as either Keyira or Rexorshan by 6pm MST (hopefully), and should be online for several hours afterward. Please contact me via PM or (preferably) on Mumble once you're available, and we'll form a group and wait for others to join. Once we have a full group, I'll head to Coruscant and form the guild.

If more people are online who wish to form the Imperial side of the guild, let me know and I'll accommodate. If that's the case, I'll log on as Cheldiarr or Karnad.

After this (either tomorrow or Friday), I'll start working on the website, as we haven't yet heard back from Dainjamous. Hopefully everything is okay with him and he'll be able to take this back on eventually, but in the meantime, I'd like to get something going so that we can at least start putting up training guides, discussion boards, etc. Please be advised, though, that I'm absolutely not a website designer, so this part of the process will be kind of a "as soon as I can figure everything out" kind of thing. If anyone here knows website design, a volunteer would be most welcome.

I look forward to gaming with you all online.

Now, to my opinion, the name isn't the most important thing. I will follow and support GM's decision. As I said in an earlier post I think the idea of the Guild's purpose and goals are in overall the most important matter here. But with that said, every healthy community have a transparency and an ongoing dialogue surrounding the decisionmaking concerning its members.

I my self will not be online until Saturday late afternoon/early evening. I think we can consider us a global guild since not all of us resides with in the US. That would indicate the level of importance we all have in making this happen.

for me the next coming days are; work, Christmas shopping, Christmas shopping, work and maybe some SWToR then Christmas !

cheers and happy holidays.

6 PM in there seems to be 3 AM in here... Well, if I can't sleep, I can drop by for about an hour, then I'll have to go to sleep. And even that's if I can't sleep in the first place.

Not sure if I have the courage to go to mumble just yet - I'm not quite sure any of you will understand anything I'll try to say since I'm probably busy mispronouncing everything. :D