The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Swtor 2?

BrianAC

I have heard a few people talk about this swtor 2 or whatever. I have searched the Internet and I couldn't find anything about it. I was wondering where people are getting this info from? And could there be such thing as a swtor 2? In my opinion, I don't see how they could be working on something like this, seems like they are putting a lot of effort and time into this game. But I could be wrong.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a few people talk about this swtor 2 or whatever. I have searched the Internet and I couldn't find anything about it. I was wondering where people are getting this info from? And could there be such thing as a swtor 2? In my opinion, I don't see how they could be working on something like this, seems like they are putting a lot of effort and time into this game. But I could be wrong.

I have no idea who you were listening to, but there is no SWTOR 2 being created.

KOTOR 2 came out a loooong time ago. :p

Im aware i got it at release back in the day.

I just wondering if that wasnt what he heard instead...

swtor 2 doesnt make any sense, and patch 2 .0 for swtor it was released for some time.

Edited by Spartanik

I'm just gonna throw out my thought that this is probably a troll post.... The idea makes absolutely no sense and I've never even heard a whisper of it... Either that or he heard about Kotor 2 not knowing what it was and assumed it was a future Swtor 2....

• 6 months later...
SWTOR 2

Not saying any of this is true. This is just what i was shown about the topic. Not sure if this is the same as what the OP saw/heard.

That entire thing is beautiful and would be cruel if it was fake.

That thing about Revan though!

That entire thing is beautiful and would be cruel if it was fake.

That thing about Revan though!

TBH I thought the thing about Revan becoming "part" of the Emperor was a little strange, but then I came across something that the Jedi Entity AKA the Jedi Exile said in the Revan FP:

The prisoner [Revan] holds the darkness [the Sith Emperor] at bay, lost inside it for three hundred years. His strength will fail. Then he will become the darkness.

Basically what he predicted, also note how she was "will" not "might" - indicating that though this hasn't happened yet, it will. And there are rumors going around that the disturbance mentioned in Forged Alliances is Revan and/or the Sith Emperor. If it's true given thought I think it would kinda work, he's dead but (hopefully) still fighting the good fight.

Just my thoughts, again I'd love for this to be true, it actually sounds pretty awesome. But not holding my breath.

TBH I thought the thing about Revan becoming "part" of the Emperor was a little strange, but then I came across something that the Jedi Entity AKA the Jedi Exile said in the Revan FP:

The prisoner [Revan] holds the darkness [the Sith Emperor] at bay, lost inside it for three hundred years. His strength will fail. Then he will become the darkness.

Basically what he predicted, also note how she was "will" not "might" - indicating that though this hasn't happened yet, it will. And there are rumors going around that the disturbance mentioned in Forged Alliances is Revan and/or the Sith Emperor. If it's true given thought I think it would kinda work, he's dead but (hopefully) still fighting the good fight.

Just my thoughts, again I'd love for this to be true, it actually sounds pretty awesome. But not holding my breath.

It would make a lot of sense, I mean Revan could form Force bonds, and he spent 300 years trapped in a battle of wills with that era's most powerful Sith, being aided by Surik who could so easily create even more bonds. Like, it's quite reasonable that it would tie Revan and the Emperor together to the point where they become one in essence or whatnot.

I think it'd be quite cool to play as a Force ghost, though, despite the fact it won't happen. It'd be so cool to explore the Force as an entity and how a strong Force user can command the Force even after death.

SWTOR 2

Not saying any of this is true. This is just what i was shown about the topic. Not sure if this is the same as what the OP saw/heard.

You realize that entire things was a pure troll right? Just look at the comments, there is too many inconsistencies and bad reasoning in that thing for it to be true.

SWTOR 2

As a firm believer in conspiracies and in Star Wars, this would be to good to be true, but in this case I would like to be proven wrong. This would be quite a comeback, the one thing that, the only thing really, that makes me believe that there's some truth to this; is the fact that it would have the purpose, besides, make us all to go see E 7 and have an forgiving eye to resent events(EU purge), is the fact that it would help Disney to earn a buck load of Credits.

Could they not just keep upgrading the current galaxy?

they could but theres also the graphical issue, IF they were to do this it might be because of a new engine.... however they could just render and rebuild everything in the new engine... i mean its possible A LOT of work but very possible.

however I severely doubt it, its likely this whole thing is just someone starting rumors for fun or just being a jerk.

"Lucasfilm has already said that everything Star Wars from here on out goes through the Story Council and it is all the same level of canon. Brand new video games are fully canon, but what does this mean for a game like SWTOR that exists before the shift, and now?"

that was a comment in reply to an LucasArts Statement that someone else posted as peeps were chatting about the bs the OP wrote on redit lol

but its given me an interesting idea.

Seeing as they have bassically written off everything including the EU books that also could mean that they've written off SWTOR as well which could mean something wonderful.

the story could no longer be tied down by the movies and follow a different path, sort of like an alternate reality of the now "pure cannon" content.

which WOULD be awesome, simply because the imperial players would no longer have to be deppresed every time they play their characters class quests because they wouldn't constantly think "whats the point? we wont win" meaning that the writers could really do whatever they want and make the game less one sided story wise. it would give them so much wiggle room for writing....

what do you guys think?

This is just an idea by the way and my opinion so yeah no flaming pls :/

"Lucasfilm has already said that everything Star Wars from here on out goes through the Story Council and it is all the same level of canon. Brand new video games are fully canon, but what does this mean for a game like SWTOR that exists before the shift, and now?"

that was a comment in reply to an LucasArts Statement that someone else posted as peeps were chatting about the bs the OP wrote on redit lol

but its given me an interesting idea.

Seeing as they have bassically written off everything including the EU books that also could mean that they've written off SWTOR as well which could mean something wonderful.

the story could no longer be tied down by the movies and follow a different path, sort of like an alternate reality of the now "pure cannon" content.

which WOULD be awesome, simply because the imperial players would no longer have to be deppresed every time they play their characters class quests because they wouldn't constantly think "whats the point? we wont win" meaning that the writers could really do whatever they want and make the game less one sided story wise. it would give them so much wiggle room for writing....

what do you guys think?

This is just an idea by the way and my opinion so yeah no flaming pls :/

all new content in TOR is sent to and approved by the story group... so, no, BW cant make some alternative timeline.

all new content in TOR is sent to and approved by the story group... so, no, BW cant make some alternative timeline.
This, any new/continuing/existing works still has far as we are aware have to abide to official canon as they always have. Which I'd much prefer, I don't want writers messing around with prestablished lore and what not.

Much better that they make it canon, and integrate it fully into continuity, which would be much cooler IMO.

Edited by Beniboybling

http://oceanicgamer.com/2014/06/conjecture-future-swtor/

EA and Disney have a brilliant plan for SWTOR. It will be upgraded to canon in the next expansion and will have some subtle tie-ins with Star Wars 7. (Specifically, a certain planet will be used and lord Vitiate will be an off-screen influence on the main villain of 7). The first step, although it won’t be obvious how, to SWTOR’s ending has begun in Forged Alliances.

The storyline for SWTOR is going to end in about 3.5 years, and the sequel is already in development. These next 3 years are going to see an increase in funding as the game is brought back in line with initial expectations. There is a fun plan to let SWTOR run for as long as players want it to, with dynamic and scaling end-game content, but focus will shift to SWTOR 2. It will run on the Cryengine 3 Frostbite 3 (sorry I was excited and they look similar to me), so your first preview of how the game might look/run will be Dragon Age 3 later this year.

The personal stories of SWTOR will continue in the next major Xpac, and they will each have an “ending”. YOUR character from SWTOR will appear in the as-yet-unnamed SWTOR 2 in various forms. Force Ghosts, holocrons, etc. As of right now, only one class appears to be able to survive until SWTOR 2 (Sith Inquisitor), but that might change. These will use your appearance settings and dialogue based on the actions you chose in the game. I will detail what I could gather about the plot later on in this post.

There will be a newgame+ option added to SWTOR, some big bonuses for players who use it, and some major tweaks to the leveling experience and early planets. For example, coroscant lets you turn in most quests via holocalls rather than walking back. Newgame+ will be important as some characters that were not previously able to will become companions if certain story options are taken, and same gender romance will be added. It appears LucasArts was the one behind not allowing them in the first place. There will be some hefty rewards and updates to the original game that make going through newgame+ for that new companion romance feel less painful if you don’t want to. For example, a “rocket boots” type move for each class that is specific to each class (SI get to ride the lightning), and a class specific mount granted at level 15, that upgrades to a better appearance at level 30.

The engine will be heavily revamped, and with the expansion, the game will be brought to consoles as a buy-to-play title with a cartel market. The goal will be to revamp all existing game systems so that everything fits nicely into place as one coherent whole game.

New species—Torgruta, some other ugly thing

Edited by Morbio

You can speculate as you like that there will or wont, its all still speculation , but its based on a real article you can find on several fan swtor info pages, woops here it is ! :

personally my favorite idea is the new engine lol

Edited by ODTONE