Halloween: Not even on cartel market?

DkSharktooth

Because Halloween has so much to do with star wars.......

This is a fantasy game. Real people play it. Real life people have alot to do with and participate in a world wide holiday of Halloween. Real life people have nothing to do with star wars either, except they participate in it just like Halloween. [insert Tunnel Vision Meme Here]

Edited by DkSharktooth

From tomorrows patch notes....

•Players can now recover health and energy using the spooky TRK-R Treatment Chamber, available in the Cartel Market! Cost: 1200 Cartel Coins.

Yup no Halloween in cartel market at all, move along, move along.

I doubt the Jedi and Sith have to go to Space Wal-Mart and buy a random grab bag of mystery goods in hopes of getting armor they want, yet that's in TOR.

I agree and I wish that weren't in the game. :p

I had hoped they would bring the Rakhgoul plague or something back around this time, since that would make sense without being obviously Halloween.

Why do people feel the need to "celebrate" real life holidays...no matter how insignificant...in an online game? Because WoW did it? WoW is a completely different animal. They've made a name for themselves for lampooning pop culture in their game so yeah, they'll have events that mimic real life.

Star Wars doesn't need that garbage. The game has events, so what if they aren't tied into some real life holiday. If you feel the need to celebrate Halloween...the most inconsequential of "holidays" then go around fleet and ask people for candy or something. Development cycles need to be spent improving the game, not satisfying some ignorant need for a game to have something to do with a real life event that has NOTHING to do with the game in question.

The Evolution of Holiday Events.

- 15 years ago a Halloween event involved Developers and Game Masters taking control of special, giant-sized skeletons and invading zones. (Everquest)

- 10 years ago a Halloween event involved "special" spawns dropping "special" collectible loot in every zone. (City of Heroes)

- 5 years ago a Halloween event involved large scale special battles tied to supernatural invasions, dropping special collectible loot. (Champions Online)

- Today a Halloween Event consists of a re-skinned rest thingy, in a game where you can rest anytime, anywhere already... yours for only a $12.00 extra charge. (TOR)

And people wonder why MMO's are dying?

- 15 years ago a Halloween event involved Developers and Game Masters taking control of special, giant-sized skeletons and invading zones. (Everquest)

- 10 years ago a Halloween event involved "special" spawns dropping "special" collectible loot in every zone. (City of Heroes)

- 5 years ago a Halloween event involved large scale special battles tied to supernatural invasions, dropping special collectible loot. (Champions Online)

- Today a Halloween Event consists of a re-skinned rest thingy, in a game where you can rest anytime, anywhere already... yours for only a $12.00 extra charge. (TOR)

/Agreed.

Actually 35 years ago the SW Holiday special was born... which is what you deserve if you request holiday and SW co-exist

Guild Wars 2 does some pretty cool holiday stuff. I always liked Hallow's End in WoW too, since you get to go Trick or Treat at all the ins, get lots of cool permanent and temporary items, and of course there are the quests to save the town from the Headless Horseman and then fight him.

I don't need any need any actual holiday mixed in my SW thanks. I wouldn't mind if some of the old events returned that are somewhat appropriate to the holiday time though.

Rakghoul=Halloween. Grand Acquistions=thanksgiving, Gree= Christmas.

Edited by Nickious

I don't need any need any actual holiday mixed in my SW thanks. I wouldn't mind if some of the old events returned that are somewhat appropriate to the holiday time though.

Rakghoul=Halloween. Grand Acquistions=thanksgiving, Gree= Christmas.

What about Easter? All of those events happen in the span of about two months.

What about Easter? All of those events happen in the span of about two months.

3 months technically. But yeah I suppose that does leave alot of space in between with no events. I was just thinking along the lines of what would be appropriate to each them of the themes of holidays.

Edited by Nickious