The Ebon Hawk Guild Summit Meeting Notes

llagana

As much as I appreciate the attention this thread is getting, we'll now return to the regularly scheduled discussion. . .

- - -

Guild Summit Community Meeting Minutes

6:00PM server time

Introductions of all individuals attending

DISCUSSIONS

PvP

• Point out if people are wearing PvE gear - sometimes we forget
  • Encourage 2018 expertise and augments for ranked! Don't rage, be polite.
  • Weekly Ranked Teams on Wednesdays 8PM EDT until close
  • World PvP Saturday Nights - Oricon, Ilum, Tatooine, etc - watch the /Enemies channel for more information
  • Potential tournaments being formed!- watch the /Enemies channel for more information
  • Potential PvP 101 Teaching - watch the /Enemies channel for more information and don't wear high end PvE gear in matches because it ruins your bolster!
  • Watch the server forums for future events
  • Encourage lowbie pvp to get gear before 55

PvE

• Raid/Operation pick-up groups do happen! Thursday nights (Rep side) - contact Patrician if interested; Tuesday nights (Rep side) - contact Sergeant Riley from Decendants; Tuesday mornings 9:30-10AM EDT (Rep side) - contact Hawk for DF/DP groups
  • If you have a problem with ninja looters please contact the GMs/Officers of their guild http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=682516
  • Try to encourage the same looting rules in groups throughout community for better 'standard practices' ex. Need if you need for your main spec, current char; greed for alts/companions/offspec; need on all mats, except isotope-5, which you should roll and top 6 get one
  • Look for future training workshops on Saturday & Sunday from Republic Honor Guard in /allies
  • Contact Sevak from Proper Villains for suggestions or just want to chat about Operations

RP

• Interested in jumping into a community roleplay scene? They happen weekly on each faction. Please contact Vivek (Republic side & on Enjin) for details
  • Look for future roleplay scenes that includes tournaments/PvP Battlefront style
  • Encourage openworld RP to help educate about lore and provide exposure

Other:

Chat channels

• /gsf channel exists on both sides

Next Guild Summit Meeting to be July 13th, 6:00pm EST - server time (moved due to the holiday)

Guilds in attendance:

Republic, Freedom Warriors, Decendents, Kaio-what, Inconceivable, Infinity, The Defender Program, Evident Ascension, Nemesis, Diamond Council, Free Agent, Tave Naefas Komunal, Heroic Fate, The Seventh Virtue, The Core, Void Inc./Order of the Void, Hammer Squadron, Proper Villans, Infinity, Republic Honor Guard, Pheonix Rising, WayStalker

- - -

Thank you to everyone that was able to attend!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shameless plug for the EH Community website (again)!

I host weekly RP scenes for each faction (at least until the chat bug is resolved), and encourage anyone who is interested to drop in on a scheduled scene or shoot me a PM here or on Enjin, or a whisper in-game. I'm usually on Vivek, my Shadow, but I do frequently log into my Warrior, Adish, Imperial-side. If you're not a fan of Enjin or don't care to join another website (although I would definitely ask for you to make an exception :p), you can catch all of the major announcements in the Weekly Scene Management thread.

And as much effort as it seems I'm putting into RP, I do love PvP and endgame PvE, and I'm all about bringing the community together. Please be on the lookout for those PvP Tournaments because I've got quite a few in mind, and I can assure you they're not quite what you expect :D

Encourage lowbie pvp to get gear before 55

Not sure what you mean by 'gear', Adexi.

I took it as more of a 'encourage lowbie PvP' in general.

-Helps learn your class.

-Build up comms for when hitting 55.

-Build up medpacks/adrenals for when hitting 55.

-Build up ranked comms once hitting valor 40.

:D

Edited by johnatters

All the "exploit" stuff aside, which I could not care less about, for the record.

Hasn't your GM said you came to TEH for the community? And now you're trolling it?

That doesn't make any sense.

This person is not a member of our guild, he just thinks he's funny by putting it in his signature :)

• 1 month later...

Community Guild Summit Meeting Minutes

6:30PM EST

Discussions

PvE

• Raid/Operation pick-up groups do happen! Contact Hawk for DF/DP groups Tuesdays at 10AM - Patrician will start back up in September
  • Encouraging people to not quit after the weekly when joining groups that advertise as 'full' Ops runs. If you have to leave, please find a replacement!
  • Check out the Google Doc for list of Guild Leaders and Officers - create partnerships with others and please get your information added to the list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbWR3RbtUG2dwIj8JYiGGoNJRky0yvvQdiIMo5a3RDk/edit#gid=0
  • During story mode Ops/FPs - be patient with others - there are new people that need explanations - please be kind to newbies

PvP

• Giant Gree War (All days of event & 7-10PM EST or until people leave)
  • If you have a healer in your match please peel for them and guard them! <-Mutual benefit!
  • Exo Imperium will be hosting a Bare Knuckles Boxing Night (look for post on official forums)
  • Ranked PvP is Wednesday nights starting at 8PM
  • Queuing for warzones in full 180s is a terrible idea! You are less effective! Use lowbie gear if you have it for bolster – Bastrus will give you a full explanation if you would like to know why (He’ll even kill you a bunch in your 180s to prove it ;) )

RP

• Interested in jumping into a community roleplay scene? They happen weekly on each faction. Please contact Vivek (Republic side & on Enjin) for details or Darth Lukavich (Exchange Corp) for Imp side
  • Dance parties starting back up at the Slippery Slopes Cantina on Friday Nights 9PM EST & Sundays (instance 1 or 2)

GSF

• Monday nights is Strike Fighter Nights!
  • For better communication join the /GSF channel

Other

With Galactic Stronghold right around the corner encourage use of chat channels!

• Allies - Don't feed the trolls, have the community self police the drama, and if it's overly terrible /ignore people
  • use /Allies for Operations
  • use /Enemies for pvp
  • use /Ads for crafting and trading
  • use /Codex for achievements, datacron hunting, world bosses, or anything in your codex

Social Media

Next Community Summit Meeting August 3rd 7:00PM EST

Guilds in Attendance:

The Jedi/Sith Order, Republic, Inconceivable, Freedom Warriors/Sharpoint Syndacate, Division Six, the Diamond Council, Silent Council, Keojin, Exo Imperium, Guerrilla, Exchange Corp, Info Retrieval, Veritas, Blue Harvest, Saberwing, The Seventh Virtue, Aisthesis/Antithesis, Hammer Squad, Phoenix Rising, Dread Lords, Minerva, The Eclipse, Shadow Republic

Thank you to everyone that was able to attend!

Call for Agenda Items

Help us build the meeting agenda!

PvE

PvP

- Exo Imperium Bare Knuckles Boxing Night information

- Gree Event Review

RP

GSF

Other

- Has the Google document Guild Contact list helped? Spread the word to get more guilds listed.

The next Community Guild Summit Meeting is this Sunday, August 3rd, at 7:00 PM EST.

Can't attend? Have your voice heard!

Give us a common issue to discuss and how it may be addressed by the community (i.e. Problem & Potential Solution).

7:00PM EST (Actual start: 7:19 PM )

(Using TeamSpeak 3 of Freedom Warriors/Zinn’s Cantina)

Discussions

PvE

PvP

• Exo Imperium Bare Knuckles Boxing Night information: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7571652#post7571652 All gear slots must be empty. Legacy punches.
  • Gree Event Review - enjoyable, typical PVE vs. PVP angst.
  • Battle of Oricon review - try to spread out more to help reduce lag, turn your graphics down, turn your camera away from the action to reduce lag
  • 3v3 Outlaw’s Den hosted by Nemesis (Aug 15) at 6PM EST: (prize credits) 1 tank/1 healer per group.http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=755458
  • Hoth open-world PVP. Location by Imp/Pub respawn points. To be published. Highmount Ridge Area/Glacial Fissure area (possible locations):: http://static.swtor-spy.com/img/guides/2013/06/Swtor_MCR_99_Droid_Reconnaissance_Hoth_Location_Map.jpg
  • Open world PVP based around conquests. (tabled)
  • Help people that WANT to learn how to accomplish some of the more subtle details of being effective in PVP. Bastrus will provide help, Beskoda will talk to Guerrilla about providing assistance. Powertech/Vanguard tanking guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=738776
  • Solo ranked groups. Raise interest with forum posts. Solo ranked long queues, bad gear.
  • Organized group ranked. Two team leaders, take turn picking people until teams are full. (kickball style). Modify teams if need be as it progresses. Server forums to set up.

RP

• Vexos - Sith RP guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=656726
  • Different guilds have different RP styles in terms of combat. Saga RPer’s may received a dual request from a combat RP’er.
  • Advice thread for RP’ers.
  • Kremlin: Darth Thanaton disease. Story arc.

GSF

Other

Social Media

Guilds in Attendance:

Freedom Warriors, Republic, Exo Imperium, Guerrilla, Inconceivable, Heroic Fate, Remnants of Valor, Nemesis, Proper Villains, Death Platoon, Saberwing, Shadow Domain, The Ebon Wraiths, Information Retrieval, Draconian Syndicate

Thank you to everyone that attended!

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a date set for the September summit? Also, where can we get the TS3 details needed to participate? Thanks in advance.

The next Community Guild Summit Meeting is Sunday, September 7th, at 7:00 PM EST.

I'd rather not advertise another guild's TS info publicly, so please send me a message on Enjin or in-game to Adexi and I'll send it to you.

We'll also announce the meeting on Sept. 7th, starting about an hour before the meeting starts. We'll give out the information to anyone interested in attending.

Call for Agenda Items

Help us build the meeting agenda!

PvE

- Conquest Review

PvP

- Open world PVP based around conquests

- Open World PvP Review: The Cold War

RP

GSF

Other

- Has the Google document Guild Contact list helped? Spread the word to get more guilds listed. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbWR3RbtUG2dwIj8JYiGGoNJRky0yvvQdiIMo5a3RDk/edit#gid=1968909182

- Add more events to the Google Calendar for SW:TOR The Ebon Hawk community events

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=5icnjg53ah9sdgdiliag85435k%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

The next Community Guild Summit Meeting is this Sunday, September 7th, at 7:00 PM EST.

Can't attend? Have your voice heard!

Give us a common issue to discuss and how it may be addressed by the community (i.e. Problem & Potential Solution).

7:00PM EST

(Using TeamSpeak 3 of Freedom Warriors/Zinn’s Cantina)

Discussions

PvE

PvP

• Open world events later in the day to accommodate different time zones. Competing time zones make it difficult so may be good to stagger different events. More prevalent advertisements. Advertise in /enemies.
  • PVE guilds looking for Conquest points, ask for assistance with warzones, gearing, tactics, etc. PVP guilds should be receptive of requests and be helpful.
  • Help people that WANT to learn how to accomplish some of the more subtle details of being effective in PVP. Bastrus will provide help, Powertech/Vanguard tanking guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=738776

RP

• Cantina Talk - first time RPrs, RP guilds help (in whispers) people to properly RP (conversation, appropriate responses, etc)
  • Public strongholds used for RP’ing will be opening up soon
  • House of Irasa - (Ïnka guild leader) Tevin - looking for other guilds interested in RPing with them. Looking to expand their RP contacts throughout the server.

GSF

• Some good participation in GSF during GSF conquest week - First timers recommended to use Nova Dive

Other

Social Media

Guilds in Attendance:

Republic, Galaxy’s Outcasts, Maan Ade Mandalore, Saberwing, Heroic Fate, Hammer Squadron, House Irasa, Inconceivable, Eternal Ash Company, Praytorian, Seventh Virtue, Jedi, Blue Harvest, Tibana Miners Union

Can someone explain?

Some have been classlessly pulling the commanders outside of the base to avoid getting flagged. Now if you are flagged, I don't think anyone minds, but if you aren't, don't do it (At least until you get flagged). The commanders are meant to encourage open world PVP, avoiding it is counter intuitive.

Some have been classlessly pulling the commanders outside of the base to avoid getting flagged. Now if you are flagged, I don't think anyone minds, but if you aren't, don't do it (At least until you get flagged). The commanders are meant to encourage open world PVP, avoiding it is counter intuitive.

Disgruntled post when I had misunderstood the minutes -

• I understand why PVPers frown on this problem - because we want to encourage open-world pvp and we want to stop a guild's conquest of the planet by stopping their siege - which is really fun.
  • I understand the idea behind the Commanders encouraging open-world PVP, but they don't force it. There are areas where you can kill commanders and you don't have a worry in the world that you'll get PVP flagged (from what I've heard, I haven't tried it). If BioWare thinks this is an issue they can easily fix this (just make it so attacking commanders gets you PVP flagged, done). Maybe someone should make a suggestion in the suggestion box and get enough people to reply to it.
  • I ALSO understand why people try and fight commanders unflagged. I wouldn't call them classless, they're just finding loop-holes in the system --> Which I've seen hundreds of gamers do. And I didn't think it mattered this much until now.

My problem - Why are we trolling people for doing this???? Are we really this foolish, immature, and ignorant that we're going to support trolling? I hope we're not....

Think about this - #1: We have a Guild Summit to unite Ebon Hawk and make it a nice community. #2: We want to encourage participation in open-world PVP and Conquest in our community. #3: We're going to troll people who don't play conquest fairly and don't want to PVP.

#3 doesn't fit with the others. Do we really want to start dividing the community we're working so hard to unite? Do we really want to encourage PVP by trolling people who don't want to participate? Are we really so competitive with conquest we're going to try and hurt people if they don't submit to fair play (which isn't fair play either, so then nobody is playing fairly. It's very un-sportsman like). Because I'm pretty sure people who get trolled will not want anything to do with us.

Trolling will only make this problem worse. It will make everyone angry and it will bring chaos to the community instead of stability. This is a terrible solution to the problem. I will try my best to attend the next Guild Summit to brainstorm better ideas. I will not stand-by and give people an excuse to troll others.

Edited by Hawk_IV

You're acting like this is some huge epidemic when it really isn't. Explain what you mean by trolling people and what's happened that you find so reprehensible? Sounds like you're just ranting to rant.

What WILL happen if people pull a commander without flagging? People will heal it without flagging. If you're going to be lame about it, others will be lame in kind. That said, I'll never heal a commander without flagging if you yourself flag to attack it, and I'll never attack a commander without flagging. If I can't kill the commander and the players defending it, I don't deserve to kill it, case closed.

I do hope they'll either add something that auto flags you if attacking the commander or widen the flagging range around the bases. I also hope if these changes are made, they also make healing the commander flag you as well. Until these changes are made though, we'll just have to make due.