The Ebon Hawk Guild Summit Meeting Notes

llagana

Are we having more Guild Summits? I would like to represent Illuminatus if we are having another.

I haven't been to any previous Guild Summits, so I'm a bit new to this. But I have been a Guild Master since the swtor BETA, so I'm no rookie either

Just wondering if this is still happening or if we should get it going again... :)

Sorry guys, I fell behind on these due to real life commitments.

They'll be rescheduled for the first Sunday of each month at 6PM EST (server time).

So, if anyone has items they want to discuss please share them! I'd like to have some sort of agenda to keep the topics on track.

Thanks!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Guild Summit is tonight at 6PM EST server time!

Can’t attend? Still have your voice heard with the questionnaire:

Describe the overall state of our server, from your perspective, and how might we address issues or reinforce positive traits?

What is a common issue with RP, and how might we address it?

What is a common issue with PvP, and how might we address it?

What is a common issue with PvE, and how might we address it?

This one is yours, but please keep it concise and in line with the other prompts (e.g. problem and solution).

Guild Summit Meeting

6:00PM server time

Introductions of all individuals attending

DISCUSSIONS

PvP

• Uniting republic side PvP more – Encourage grouping up and voice chat for better communication
  • Looking for event ideas for the next summit!

PvE

• Raid/Operation pick-up groups happen on Tuesday nights Republic side - contact Patrician if interested in joining

RP

• How do people deal with the death of the RP community since server transfers? (looking for input)
  • Is there a specific channel for actual roleplay?
  • Interested in jumping into a community roleplay scene? They happen weekly on each faction. Please contact Vivek (Republic side & on Enjin) for details

Other:

• Chat channels

• use /Allies for Operations
    • use /Enemies for pvp
    • use /Ads for crafting and trading
    • use /Codex for achievements, datacron hunting, world bosses, or anything in your codex
    • Delete the others previous made by the summit

• Looking for additional Moderators for /SWTOR SubReddit - please contact Brooklyn (Republic side) for additional information
  • Next Guild Summit Meeting to be June 1st, 6:00pm EST - server time

Guilds in attendance:

Republic, Order of the Void, Tython Covenant, Freedom Warriors, Blue Harvest,

Galaxy Outcasts/Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Last of the Guardians/Legion of the Damned, Saberwing

Are these summit meetings only for Pubs, or is that just who attends?

The meetings are for both factions, but this time around there were more of the Republic faction in attendance. . . probably because we haven't had one in in two months (my fault).

I know the people listed play both sides, but I don't know their names on the Imperial side.

The channels have been created on both sides.

I know Bastrus was kind enough to get people using /Enemies on the Imperial side, which apparently developed into some Open World PvP on Tatooine! :D

I hope to see more people at the next one in June! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I've been making a habit of advertising the new Global-Global chat channels, and the people in the Allies channel seemed really irritated. I was under the impression the channel had been opened up, no longer requiring personal invitation. Can someone clarify what the deal is so I can continue or stop?

I've been making a habit of advertising the new Global-Global chat channels, and the people in the Allies channel seemed really irritated. I was under the impression the channel had been opened up, no longer requiring personal invitation. Can someone clarify what the deal is so I can continue or stop?

They all have been 'opened up' for public use, but that doesn't mean everyone will appreciate it.

Also, don't forget the next summit meeting is this Sunday at 6PM EDT!

Guild Summit Meeting

Meeting is TOMORROW (6/1/2014)

Invites begin at 5:30pm server time.

Meeting will begin at 6:00pm.

Meeting only happens via TeamSpeak3, so you can play as usual in game.

Want to attend?

Invites and reminders will go out through chat channels starting at 5:30pm

It is open to everyone and highly recommended for Guild Leaders and/or Officers.

Time to play nice!

Set rules:

• 3 minutes to present your case/idea/topic etc and recommend a potential solution
  • Have 5 minutes from others to also provide solutions, give advice, and extend case

Help build the agenda:

• RP
  • PvP
  • PvE
  • Other (GSF, chat channels, etc)

Can’t attend? Still have your voice heard with the questionnaire:

1. Describe the overall state of our server, from your perspective, and how might we address issues or reinforce positive traits?

2. What is a common issue with RP, and how might we address it?

3. What is a common issue with PvP, and how might we address it?

4. What is a common issue with PvE, and how might we address it?

5. This one is yours, but please keep it concise and in line with the other prompts (e.g. problem and solution).

Something I'd like to add to the talking points for next round (hopefully sooner than November) is the prevalent use of exploits in PvP. Frankly, there's no point in crying about the lack of diversity in ranked queues when nobody wants queue against a bunch of cheating scrubs.

Something I'd like to add to the talking points for next round (hopefully sooner than November) is the prevalent use of exploits in PvP. Frankly, there's no point in crying about the lack of diversity in ranked queues when nobody wants queue against a bunch of cheating scrubs.

I'm not sure what exploits you are talking about, but that is something we can address next month if people are interested in discussing it.

I'm not sure what exploits you are talking about, but that is something we can address next month if people are interested in discussing it.

Basically, this.

just to clear everything up, this is a known bug and has been around since launch. If you're in Ion Cell and hit your guard bind as soon as you're switching cylinders, guard will remain even though you are no longer in the required stance. The devs know about it, and the PvP community knows about it. It's not a hack, it's just another biofail.

Unfortunately, it slipped my mind at the time and I apologize for that, but this was something I probably should have brought up Sunday. My general impression from the meeting was that we as a community want to establish certain practices without "shaming" or whatever. It completely undermines the entire system when people abuse exploits. The PvE DPS Leaderboards would have no value, for example, if there wasn't a precondition that participants can not abuse proc relics on separate heal/dps lockouts or for the PvP Server Leaderboards people could post lowbie/midbie scores. Having rating be impacted by this exploit is going to pretty much nullify all efforts to encourage community PvP.

Edited by Halstadt

cheating scrubs.

My general impression from the meeting was that we as a community want to establish certain practices without "shaming" or whatever..

a little contradictory there, eh mate? :rolleyes:

not sure who you are, or what guild you're even in. but i can assure you, 1 person and only 1 person from my guild has used this bug and to call the entire group cheating scrubs is really uncalled for. you're more than welcome to confront us about it privately, but calling out an entire group for the actions of one person is pretty out of line. I understand your frustration with this issue, but throwing my entire guild under your stereotype isn't very fair. And if you'd ever like to queue up against us, we'd be more than happy to farm the **** out of you for free rating. no exploits required :)

Edited by NvrShoutNvr

I apologize to the OP for taking this thread off topic with this post but I'm not going to sit around and watch this pathetic Weasel slander my guild.

For you to come to the forums and slander my entire guild for something one person did which is me is beyond a joke.

If you wish to continue slandering my entire guild I welcome you to but can you welcome the **** storm you would receive back.

a little contradictory there, eh mate? :rolleyes:

not sure who you are, or what guild you're even in. but i can assure you, 1 person and only 1 person from my guild has used this bug and to call the entire group cheating scrubs is really uncalled for. you're more than welcome to confront us about it privately, but calling out an entire group for the actions of one person is pretty out of line. I understand your frustration with this issue, but throwing my entire guild under your stereotype isn't very fair. And if you'd ever like to queue up against us, we'd be more than happy to farm the **** out of you for free rating. no exploits required :)

I don't mention your guild once, and my personal experience has nothing to do with your guild what-so-ever. Using it once in an unranked warzone is less of a deal than 2-3 people in solo ranked queue using it all at once. Once again, not from your guild.

I apologize to the OP for taking this thread off topic with this post but I'm not going to sit around and watch this pathetic Weasel slander my guild.

For you to come to the forums and slander my entire guild for something one person did which is me is beyond a joke.

If you wish to continue slandering my entire guild I welcome you to but can you welcome the **** storm you would receive back.

I don't even know who you are.

Edit: I felt this topic was very much in the spirit of what was discussed and I simply wanted it on the agenda in the near future for as long as this is an issue. If it's gonna be an issue where I can't bring up a topic that I think affects this community, then I prefer not to be invited to these any longer.

Edited by Halstadt

I don't mention your guild once, and my personal experience has nothing to do with your guild what-so-ever. Using it once in an unranked warzone is less of a deal than 2-3 people in solo ranked queue using it all at once. Once again, not from your guild.

the screencap that started this entire shltstorm was of a guild mate, and everyone started to respond to said picture. including yourself.