The Ebon Hawk Guild Summit Meeting Notes

llagana

EDIT

Quick Information

Host: Adexi (Republic)

Who: Anyone

What: Meetings to improve the SWTOR experience

Where: Teamspeak3: republic.enjinvoice.com || Password: popcorn || Channel: Community Guild Summit

When: First Sunday of the month @ 8pm EST

Introduction

The Community Guild Summit is a monthly meeting for guild representatives and members of the Ebon Hawk Community to come together and discuss ways to improve the Server and the players' experience. All interested parties should attend with the mindset that change only happens when everyone puts forth the effort on an individual level. There is no magic bullet. This is a group-wide effort.

Attendance

Although the Summit is open to all interested parties, we kindly ask that guilds limit attendance to two or three representatives to minimize crowding, if possible. We hope that you would relay relevant information to your guild in a timely and prompt manner.

The Summit is hosted over Teamspeak3 and is a requirement for attendance. However, Teamspeak3 does support an IM system for those who are incapable of voice chat.

Flow of Summit

The general flow of the Summit is as follows:

Introductions

Player vs. Environment Discussion

Player vs. Player Discussion

Role Play Discussion

Galactic Star Fighter Discussion

Miscellaneous Discussion

Closing Notes

Participation

As previously mentioned, the impact of the Summit is wholly dependent on individual participation and investment. To ensure all voices are heard and that we stay on point, we recommend: (1) when bringing up an issue, have a possible solution in mind, (2) this is not a place to discuss game mechanics, nor a place to vent or complain, and (3) making a personal effort to see things through.

-------

Guild Summit Meeting

9:30PM Server Time

Introductions of all individuals attending including what people would like to see:

• More Ranked Warzones

• More Progressive PvE groups

• Channels for finding people to group with outside of their individual guilds

Future meeting times discussed

• Result:

• Fridays work well
  • Make the time earlier
  • Suggestion to have the next meeting in 2 weeks for follow-up then once per month as needed

• Next Guild Summit Meeting to be Friday, November 1st 8:30PM Server Time

Lots of discussion on PvP & PvE

PvP

• PvP channel was created for both sides to find members for ranked warzone groups

• To join on the Imperial side type /cjoin Imp_pvp
  • To join on the Republic side type /cjoin Rep_pvp

• Interest was shown in coordinated world PvP events: Outlaw’s Den suggested

• Possibly create awards for attending and competing in such events

• Community to be polled on best nights for ranked PvP, in the meantime continue with coordinated queues on Monday nights and encourage queuing for ranked on other nights via the new channel

PvE

• PvE channel was created for both sides to find members for Operation groups

• To join on the Imperial side type /cjoin Imp_pve
  • To join on the Republic side type /cjoin Rep_pve

• Currently nights have not been coordinated for Operations groups as this is done on a guild-by-guild basis, please see the PvE channel for grouping

RP

• Brought up as a topic of consideration, but was not followed through due to lack of interest

Thank you to all that attended. I hope to see more people at the next meeting!

Edited by llagana

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for coming Darka. Though you may not be part of a guild that is well known, you and your guild members still play a major part in helping us all achieve a better gaming experience on this server! With that said, thanks to all who showed up with the good intention to make a change and add to any of the conversations that took place.

Random note… Fridays are going to be a good time…for the guilds that were able to make it to the guild summit. Remember that a lot of us had to back out because we have regular events on Friday. Given that it's the night going into the weekend, it's not really that uncommon to schedule things there. <Aisthesis> really wants to attend, and we probably would have made it last week (despite the raid) but for massive internet woes, but Friday definitely doesn't "work well" for us. Edited by KeyboardNinja

Every night of the week is going to have some issues for someone. I recommend that starting in November we have the meeting on the 1st of every month. That way the day of the week changes every month and eventually everyone will get a chance to attend. Obviously, that is hardest on the meeting organizers because some months that may conflict with their own Raids and such. Other guilds could host though.

Yea Fridays sure dont work for everyone, <Womp Rat Fever> runs primarily on weekends so that is a no go although the rotation idea is fair enough. I was not there but one feedback to the above list, why are we creating ANOTHER pve grouping channel? Seems like we already have a dozen, if anything we need to close some down.

Morituri GM of <Womp Rat Fever>

Edited by Leafduckfan

I was not there but one feedback to the above list, why are we creating ANOTHER pve grouping channel? Seems like we already have a dozen, if anything we need to close some down.

Morituri GM of <Womp Rat Fever>

What are the others PvE channels?

I only just learned about a PVE channel available on both sides.

Edited by llagana
Contained non-public information

What are the others PvE channels?

I only just learned about the REDACTED channel on both sides.

Please do not mention that channel name in public. It's not public knowledge for a reason, it's not for everyone. If it's not too much trouble please edit the name out of your post. Thanks .

I think we can see the reason why we need the new chat channels just in this thread. Some of them are "not for public knowledge" and they are obviously fragmented. Having a more common one that cuts out most of the clutter of general chat would be good I think.

Thanks for organizing this. Echo Company is a new guild, but we would definitely be interested in participating. Are there any ground rules? For example, how many members from each guild may attend? Are pre-summit agendas published as an outline to guide discussion?

I am relatively new to this server, and Echo Company is a new guild, but we would like to become actively participating members of The Ebon Hawk community.

Having the new Imp_pve & Imp_pvp as well as Rep_pve & Rep_pvp channels are a big step forward as suggested in this post. The main reason why is not everyone is always on the fleet but would really like to attend a raid that's being advertised. I know the invite I got by word of mouth on the republic side was a nice addition, but the imperial side did not to my knowledge have one until a couple weeks ago. And then I didn't know the republic side was word of mouth until someone asked those to be channels be removed from other peoples posts.

It does how ever get interesting when someone is logged into all the different channels logs out then you get 6 different channels of spam saying so and so logs or joins the channels. One thing I will note the channels are definately new and haven't seen anything really said in any of them, other then the channels not to be mentioned by name work well for assembling raids. However if some channels are to remain out of grasp because people don't meet a certain criteria, eventually those channels will die as to me seems like fewer pople are around anymore.

Please edit out that channel from your post. It's not public knowledge. Thank you!

If it is not public knowledge then how come a guildie causally mentioned it to me?

To the point above, well thats the rub really, people set up new channels, people leave the game, take breaks, channel goes quiet and gets abandoned. Any new channel wont solve that problem, it would be ideal if bioware had a global LFG, but that could also be abused. Personally I have kept LFG mainly because it makes the most sense as a name for such a channel, and it as been relatively well populated.

Anyway sorry for the ramble, just there doesn't seem to be some magic solution.

If it is not public knowledge then how come a guildie causally mentioned it to me?

To the point above, well thats the rub really, people set up new channels, people leave the game, take breaks, channel goes quiet and gets abandoned. Any new channel wont solve that problem, it would be ideal if bioware had a global LFG, but that could also be abused. Personally I have kept LFG mainly because it makes the most sense as a name for such a channel, and it as been relatively well populated.

I agree, that unless there is a known global channel that all agree not to abuse (police ourselves unfortunately) alot of people that want to do things but just never seem to be in the right place will be the un-doing of many servers. I use to moniter 12 different channels in EQ2 to help people. More then once I have been on a alt in SWTOR and a raid I really wanted to do happened without my knowledge because the defacto place to advertise is general chat on the fleet and I can't stand sitting on the fleet doing nothing.

I agree, that unless there is a known global channel that all agree not to abuse (police ourselves unfortunately) alot of people that want to do things but just never seem to be in the right place will be the un-doing of many servers. I use to moniter 12 different channels in EQ2 to help people. More then once I have been on a alt in SWTOR and a raid I really wanted to do happened without my knowledge because the defacto place to advertise is general chat on the fleet and I can't stand sitting on the fleet doing nothing.

Understandable, although I guess in my guild we are pretty good about relaying fleet LFG calls via Vent or /gchat but alas that doesn't work for everyone or all the time.

It was mentioned casually because your guild member trusted you and thought that you were a good enough raider to join that community. You'll note the channel is not advertised anywhere. That's intentional. If we do not maintain quality control on who we invite then the channel is no better then General Chat.

So, I ask again, please edit the name out of your post. Please and Thanks.

It was mentioned casually because your guild member trusted you and thought that you were a good enough raider to join that community. You'll note the channel is not advertised anywhere. That's intentional. If we do not maintain quality control on who we invite then the channel is no better then General Chat.

So, I ask again, please edit the name out of your post. Please and Thanks.

hahahahaha