Why design an operation...

Sala

Why design an operation that only Sage healers can cleanse a debuff, while other healers can not.

This is just silly.

No that's a smart design, from both lore wise and game-play wise. It is silly that a commando can remove a force effect and a sage to remove a tech effect. Plus it encourage players to diversify.

You don't agree and that's your right, I am saying it does make sense to make it so.

Edit: it might very well be a bug in the end!

This goes back to the player vs. class argument. A raid should be rewarded for bringing players of different classes, and not stacking fotm classes, but they should not be punished for not having a certain class. In an 8 person raid, there's a 1/3 chance that there won't be a sage/sorc healer. A team shouldn't be punished for bringing a composition that their players are more comfortable with.

Also, to hell with your lore. If this was a mechanic that had been in place since launch, that would be one thing. But you can't start something like this when people have nearly two years invested in certain characters.

This goes back to the player vs. class argument. A raid should be rewarded for bringing players of different classes, and not stacking fotm classes, but they should not be punished for not having a certain class. In an 8 person raid, there's a 1/3 chance that there won't be a sage/sorc healer. A team shouldn't be punished for bringing a composition that their players are more comfortable with.

Also, to hell with your lore. If this was a mechanic that had been in place since launch, that would be one thing. But you can't start something like this when people have nearly two years invested in certain characters.

To hell with lore ? This is Star Wars ! Lore > Mechanics/Gameplay + anything else

If you have a dps sage, they can also help cleanse.

I can be a problem though, we have a raid team that was formed out of friendship more than anything and we happen to have no sorcs at all, but what can you do, heal your *** off. :o It's not like we're going to bring an alt in or boot someone for a sorc just to cleanse that debuff. As long as it's not *imperative* that it is cleansed, it's not a big deal.

1) I love star wars lore but that has nothing to do with this ingame mechanic and everything to do with alienating player from events.

2) Yes, a Sage DPS can help cleanse. That is not the point, there is absolutely no reason why an operative or medic can't be given the same opportunity to participate in the content, AS their class was intended. Which means, DPS doesnt heal, healers don't DPS etc..

3) Not everyone is in a hardcore raiding guild that can work out special hybrid ways to overcome some of the raid challenges.

What bothers me the most is that operatives and medis are not being given the same chance of enjoying the content under normal circumstances. There are already groups requesting just sage healers for this operation and that's just bull.

Can I log in on my dps? yes.

Can I log in on my consular healer? Yes.

Again, that is not the point. The game should not exclude players from content like this.

it's hard enough being a commando healer. We don't need this.

Yeah why can't we everything?

limiting nightmare ops to all but the best geared people... why design an operation like that? bad design bioware

I suggest removing all stats and change all gear to purely cosmetic pieces.

Each respective roles (dps/heal/tank) must have similar abilities, with only cosmetic differences

I'm not sure what you have to cleanse and how bad it is if you don't cleanse as I haven't done the new operations yet, but in SnV the boss at the end of the city run with the coloured teams, throws out raid wide explosive probes (like the sniper ability that explodes on the next hit) that can't be cleansed by sages/sorcs. Admittedly the damage is not that significant and you only have time to cleanse 1 maybe 2 people ( usually a tank and myself) But when the dps is spread out killing the spawned turrets a sages aoe isn't going to help get everyone back up. Whereas if you've got tech healers that's possibly half your raid that isn't going to take that damage.

Like I said it's not something that is generally gunna cause a wipe unless things are already going badly but the point is only certain healing classes being able to cleanse things in endgame operations is not something new in this patch.

You guys amaze me.

There is a mechanic that makes one healer class more viable then others, just because. A mechanic that makes raid leaders prioritize the said class over others, leaving those unfortunate people who happen to play the "wrong" class behind.

Yet you say this is "the one thing they did good" and "a smart design"? This is ridiculous.

I for one hope that this situation is just an oversight and will be fixed soon.

To hell with lore ? This is Star Wars ! Lore > Mechanics/Gameplay + anything else

Wrong. Foremost, this is a MMO, thus Mechanics/Gameplay >> Lore. I'm not saying that lore isn't important at all, what i'm saying is in this kind of game it should bow to gameplay, not the other way around.

Yeah why can't we everything?

limiting nightmare ops to all but the best geared people... why design an operation like that? bad design bioware

I suggest removing all stats and change all gear to purely cosmetic pieces.

Each respective roles (dps/heal/tank) must have similar abilities, with only cosmetic differences

Troll elsewhere.

I'm not sure what you have to cleanse and how bad it is if you don't cleanse as I haven't done the new operations yet, but in SnV the boss at the end of the city run with the coloured teams, throws out raid wide explosive probes (like the sniper ability that explodes on the next hit) that can't be cleansed by sages/sorcs. Admittedly the damage is not that significant and you only have time to cleanse 1 maybe 2 people ( usually a tank and myself) But when the dps is spread out killing the spawned turrets a sages aoe isn't going to help get everyone back up. Whereas if you've got tech healers that's possibly half your raid that isn't going to take that damage.

Like I said it's not something that is generally gunna cause a wipe unless things are already going badly but the point is only certain healing classes being able to cleanse things in endgame operations is not something new in this patch.

I absolutely agree with you. Cleanse is cleanse. It should be treated the same across the healing professions. SnV is less damage for sure but that is not the point, thanks for bringing that up as well.

The one in dread fortress will wipe everyone if the sage is not superfast and the dps don't down the corruptors fast enough.

I never asked for anything to be easy ingame, I just want to be able to participate in the content and not be excluded.

You guys amaze me.

There is a mechanic that makes one healer class more viable then others, just because. A mechanic that makes raid leaders prioritize the said class over others, leaving those unfortunate people who happen to play the "wrong" class behind.

Yet you say this is "the one thing they did good" and "a smart design"? This is ridiculous.

I for one hope that this situation is just an oversight and will be fixed soon.

Wrong. Foremost, this is a MMO, thus Mechanics/Gameplay >> Lore. I'm not saying that lore isn't important at all, what i'm saying is in this kind of game it should bow to gameplay, not the other way around.

You misunderstood my point that this is a smart design. My point was if they made "multiple mechanics" each better suited to different classes/spec that would be better, not toward just one class/spec.

Uniformity is sometimes really dull!

Edited by znihilist

I think so as all this talk about corruptors the only thing they do that owns groups is mass affliction.
I've only pugged that operation but even then it didnt take us long to assign people to simply interrupt it instead of having to deal with the consequences of it. Not sure how much more difficult that is to do on HM. In general I think it's kind of stupid that all healers can't cleanse all cleansable effects in PvE though. Edited by MidichIorian

Ok, listen here. I main an Op heals, but I need to stick up for my Sorc buddy. Did you forget that there's another DoT that ONLY Sorcs are unable to cleanse IN THE SAME FIGHT? Yea, said DoT is also unavoidable, while the DoT that only Sorc can cleanse can be completely (and should always be) prevented.

Really, if anything, Sorcs have a disadvantage here, not an advantage.