Warzones/Arena please let the player decide!

discbox

+10. Having the choice of queueing (as ranked or unranked) for a WZ only, an Arena match only, or both ... while earning separate daily completion awards for each ... would definitely be a good thing.

I am so pissed off about this queue garbage at the moment, that I really do not believe that they will separate the queues to satisfy mere players of the game.

They want us in arenas, and by god, that is where they will try and push us.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was actually a true statement, they would just remove WZ from queue completely. ;)

They pulled ranked from WZs for arena release.. so let's not pretend they can't pull WZ from queues as well.

In fact.. be careful what you wish for IMO.

I am so pissed off about this queue garbage at the moment, that I really do not believe that they will separate the queues to satisfy mere players of the game.

Make a statement - drop EVERY Arena you enter...encourage others to do the same....same goes for people who only want Arenas...drop every WZ you get.

They pulled ranked from WZs for arena release.. so let's not pretend they can't pull WZ from queues as well.

And how well did that go down with the PVP community? :)

We shouldn't be "afraid" of them removing stuff. It's in their best interest to not make more people angry. That should've been a given. The fact they can remove anything they want any time they want to, isn't much of an argument. They can also shut down the game if they want to. So?

"If you can't get along with your brother, I'll turn this car around!"

I like how the fear of Bioware removing MORE is your defense for this fiasco. Let em. I'll quit. Thank God you don't run anything there.

And how well did that go down with the PVP community? :)

We shouldn't be "afraid" of them removing stuff. It's in their best interest to not make more people angry. That should've been a given. The fact they can remove anything they want any time they want to, isn't much of an argument. They can also shut down the game if they want to. So?

yeah that is true.. if you want changes it's better to come up with suggestions on how things can be made better. dont just threaten to quit or whatever.. that's not helping

yeah that is true.. if you want changes it's better to come up with suggestions on how things can be made better. dont just threaten to quit or whatever.. that's not helping

Seriously, have you really missed the point by such a massive amount?

Two days ago, we queued, we played, it was all good, today, we cannot play as we did before, we are being forced to do something we do not wish to be involved with, something we never asked for.

Things will be made better, when we can queue separately, when those who want proper warzones can do them exclusively, and those who want to duel, have the perfect outlet for them, rather than ruining the real warzones.

If that was actually a true statement, they would just remove WZ from queue completely. ;)

They will not remove warzones completely until the game is on its last legs. Why would any company voluntarily ask for several thousand players to unsub overnight?

We shouldn't be "afraid" of them removing stuff.

I'm not suggesting anyone should. In fact.. being afraid of anything in an MMO is silly. But my statement remains... people complain about something.. that something gets removed.. then they complain and gnash teeth about it.

It's in their best interest to not make more people angry. That should've been a given.

Of course it is. Thing is.. this is the SWTOR player base we are talking about. ANYTHING they do to please one group.. pisses off two other groups. It's like watching a gerbilized version of internet Badminton around here sometimes.

The fact they can remove anything they want any time they want to, isn't much of an argument.

Dude.. it was not an argument.. it was a comment.

Man.. you guys are really on a hair trigger on this topic.

For the record.. one more time.. please pay attention now :) :

1) I support separate queues.

2) I also understand why they are not there at 2.4 launch.

3) I also have stated, if you want them to change the status quo.. play in a manner that gives them data to make the changes you want. Data will drive changes here. That data "might" however show them that Arenas ARE successful and WZ are not.. and they may just remove them from queues completely and let people match up "old school" style.

4) It also possible that none of this matters and you all just move on to your next "critical, I'm going to quit if you don't fix it nao, issue".

Seriously..... coping skills... use em. You guys are all (all of you) smart and can find a personal solution to the current constraint. Why is it I have more confidence in you about this then you do?

They will not remove warzones completely until the game is on its last legs. Why would any company voluntarily ask for several thousand players to unsub overnight?

I did not say remove WZs completely. I said they might remove them from the queue system.

Personally, I feel like a lot of the people who refuse to play arenas are just mad because they will no longer be able to hide behind 7 other players. It's a lot easier to hide how bad you are in a regular WZ than in an arena.

I bet you play a stealther.

I did not say remove WZs completely. I said they might remove them from the queue system.

Your unfamiliarity on this subject is so obvious that it's cute...I love how you keep digging yourself new holes. I bet you think players can just travel to these right?! Wrong...removing them from the queue system WOULD remove them completely since there's no other possible way to enter them.

Sounds more like they just want one big happy family of randomly selected PvP maps ...
First, what you have to keep in mind is that Arenas are a new type of Warzone. Similar to how Huttball is a type of Warzone and Voidstar is a type. Technically each different Warzone currently in the game is its own type, with a single map of that type. Warzone Arenas are the "type" 4v4 deathmatch with 3 different maps. That is why they are in the Warzone queue.

-eric

Games won't typically break out map types or competition styles until there are enough venues available of each to do so. WoW introduced arenas as a separate deal, but not until the PvP system had fully matured - which took years. While I personally would like to be able to select between small caged arenas or large open arenas, I really am most concerned (should I be?) about a random team of unranked solo players having to compete against an entire 4x4 team of premades.

Seriously, have you really missed the point by such a massive amount?

Two days ago, we queued, we played, it was all good, today, we cannot play as we did before, we are being forced to do something we do not wish to be involved with, something we never asked for.

Things will be made better, when we can queue separately, when those who want proper warzones can do them exclusively, and those who want to duel, have the perfect outlet for them, rather than ruining the real warzones.

no i have'nt but crying "the sky is falling" instead of offering suggestions to why this wont work is just pointless.. remember this that the majority of the playerbase are'nt spending their time on the forums.. they're in game doing what they want so we're all minorites here and we cant be running around thinking that us putting out demands helps anyone... therefore if you want things changed give them some ideas and the reason behind it instead. they might just think you're right that way.

i personally do not want to play both.. to me arenas is something for premade groups.. otherwise i see no fun in it.. so i made some comments about it a couple of pages back with suggestions that i think could please everyone.

Having gotten a couple of the arenas under my belt, I feel stronger than ever that they need to let us queue for them separately. :t_eek: Arenas are so much more fun than WZs! Hopefully many more casuals will realize this and PvP will actually have a chance in this game.

The 8v8 stuff is for the birds. Please don't make me keep dropping out of these just to get where I want to be. :t_cool:

Sounds more like they just want one big happy family of randomly selected PvP maps

This is probably the unstated message, for the time being at least.

Judging from the reactions in this thread though.. PvP players don't like random. :D

This entire thread is predicated on a very fixed view of how PvP should be served up. Fact is.. they likely have all kinds of clever little adjustments planned to " railroad track" the PvP in different directions for different tastes in the coming months. Generally.. they don't disclose stuff like that early.. which leaves the players to just dig in and get bent over it. I'm actually interested to see how they adjust things in the next 3-4 months frankly. :)

Having gotten a couple of the arenas under my belt, I feel stronger than ever that they need to let us queue for them separately. :t_eek: Arenas are so much more fun than WZs! Hopefully many more casuals will realize this and PvP will actually have a chance in this game.

The 8v8 stuff is for the birds. Please don't make me keep dropping out of these just to get where I want to be. :t_cool:

Glad you like them :) It would benefit EVERYONE to have the option to queue for Arenas, Warzones or BOTH.

I can't understand how a pvper would not like arenas.

1-you get more warzone commendations for time invested in.

2-it's not a healing trench warfare fest,which sucks the fun out of pvp in wzs.

3.it's more dynamic

4.tanks and healers are not as powerful and outcome deciding as in regular warzones

5.More pvp content = good.

Also these arenas are not like the WoW arenas.They are just warzones but 4v4 ,not 8x8. with the added minor detail of no objectives,but it is a death match.

When an arenas pops when im queueing for the non-ranked queue i scream like a girl(metaphor).

Also the music themes are non-stop and continue to play during the entire arena.They should implement this for regular wzs too.

3.it's more dynamic

4.tanks and healers are not as powerful and outcome deciding as in regular warzones

Also these arenas are not like the WoW arenas.They are just warzones but 4v4 ,not 8x8. with the added minor detail of no objectives,but it is a death match.

I don't understand how someone could choose to not eat meat, yet there are people who do exactly that. Funny how we're all individuals with different likes/dislikes huh?

3.it's more dynamic

When an arenas pops when im queueing for the non-ranked queue in lower levers i scream like a girl(metaphor).

Out of curiosity, since I never played WoW, what are their arenas like? I like that the ones here are just a big brawl with only minimal tactics required. ***EDIT*** I mean, aside from knowing how to play your class, that is. :t_wink:

I bet you play a stealther.

If you count force camo, I guess. But I also pvp on my vanguard, commando, sage, merc, jugg. I have an operative and shadow, don't pvp much on them though.

That being said, what does playing a stealthie have to do with my opinion?

A buddy and I were both on our sents yesterday, he didn't want to do arenas without a full 4. Until we got into one, and we had a blast melting the other team. Through the course of the day, we had people quit on our team, and I saw quitters on the other team, and they were usually players who I've seen in the past and are not very good at pvp.