The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We have have tons of famous figures outfits. It is time for the most legendary outfit

Chrisweaver

Give us the Darth Vader outfit in a cartel pack. I don't buy hypercrates but I would by a ton to get that suit.

Don't I wish. In canon, Vader's outfit is supposed to be

a) nearly 4,000 years after the GGW

b) even more advanced than Grevious' armor

c) one of a kind

Don't I wish. In canon, Vader's outfit is supposed to be

a) nearly 4,000 years after the GGW

b) even more advanced than Grevious' armor

c) one of a kind

and according to lore, light sabers were not specific to classes.

according to lore, there were no classes.

according to lore...

this is a video game.

and according to lore, light sabers were not specific to classes.

according to lore, there were no classes.

according to lore...

this is a video game.

It's also a Starwars video game with a time frame. Even you yourself say in your signitrure you don't know it so why are you commenting on something you don't know? As to the OP, no just no.

Okay, give the op the Vader Suit.... without the helmet though.

Seriously, some things are just a tad to iconic to be given to the masses of lemmings.

All the other lore stuff, that already is in game is basically from some other game or book or comic... but not from the movies. Vaders suit is something everyone on street would recognize. If someone would walk the streets in Malaks or Revans mask, people would think they are a fool.. If someone were walking with Vaders mask, they would expect some starwars happening.

List of things that should NEVER be in game:

- Yoda's species (playable)

- Vaders suit

- C3PO and/or R2D2

- Death star miniatures

- Stormtrooper outfit (original from the movies)

- Wookiee (in any way, kind or shape)

actually in regards to the OP suggestion. According to the revenge of the Sith Book Darth Vaders Armor is based upon a n ancient Sith Battle Droid so technically it is not a one of the kind armor.

However I do not feel that this armor would be good for the game. Besides it would be pointless unless everytime you took a step you heard his breathing.

In that case yes I would so pay for he amor

It's also a Starwars video game with a time frame. Even you yourself say in your signitrure you don't know it so why are you commenting on something you don't know? As to the OP, no just no.

because it was the "hardcore" don't change a thing, stick to all lore types that almost took this game under.

There are not enough of you hardcore canon users to support this game. This game only exists to make money.

Either it adapts, like it did when it went free to play and allowed for open customization, or it gets canceled.

Here is my psychology when playing a MMO I enjoy. Give players the appearance customizations they wish it if is profitable, if it is possible, and if it has no direct impact on combat.

I do not care about lore, I do not care what the developers think, if those three needs can be met, they should be, because it extends the life of the game as a whole which is more important than a fanatics ego.

because it was the "hardcore" don't change a thing, stick to all lore types that almost took this game under.

There are not enough of you hardcore canon users to support this game. This game only exists to make money.

Either it adapts, like it did when it went free to play and allowed for open customization, or it gets canceled.

Here is my psychology when playing a MMO I enjoy. Give players the appearance customizations they wish it if is profitable, if it is possible, and if it has no direct impact on combat.

I do not care about lore, I do not care what the developers think, if those three needs can be met, they should be, because it extends the life of the game as a whole which is more important than a fanatics ego.

Damn, I was really hoping all you people left the game already. :mad:

NO. If you want Vader's armor, go play Galaxies....oh wait.

LOL

Personally I don't give a damn about Vaders armor, it looks nice and intimidating in the movies and a few games but in SW-TOR we don't need it, I think devs should focus more on fixing skins and glitches that are now showing up and maybe more common or elegant suits ratehr than battle hardened armors.

For example, go against a boss in an OP wearing a nightgown outfit and an assault cannon that looks totally like an umbrella, or a tuxedo for a melee player with a cane instead of a lightsaber or something :)

I could really use more customization options rather than some vader's armor.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how you read thru this and people still argue about Ewoks running all over the galaxy which if you look at it it's wrong given the story of Treek. She ALONE made it off of Endor. There is only ONE Ewok running around the galaxy similar to how there is only one Kira Carson, Khem Val, etc running around the galaxy.

As for Vader's armor I say no because in this time period it simply doesn't exist yet. Sure have some "ancient sith battle droid" inspired armoring but not a carbon copy of Vader.

Edited by ceickerman
wow obvious spellin... I need to go to bed.

Vader's look and helmet was inspired by ancient Sith war droids, which predate TOR. So there is no absolutely no reason for why an armor, similar to Vader's, not to be introduced.

There's possibly a very good reason: licensing. I don't know the licensing details any more than you do, but I would not be surprised if the licensing disallows BWEA to put certain stuff from the movies into the game.