20 bucks for a one use dye, REALLY?

BrianDavion

I would really really want to know which sucker will pay that (if any) so i can smack them upside the head

What I want to know is what sucker would pay upwards of $3,000 for a quartz watch with zero complications and a run of the mill $3 circuit board inside.

Apparently a whole lot of them, since my eyes will freaking bleed if I see just one more sucker with this piece:

http://www.authenticwatches.com/300mquartz.html

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the patch notes .

Patch notes

How about making that first purchase white-white or black-black?

From what I understand, it only applies to coins bought in game (though the wording is terrible). Which is fine, assuming you buy the maximum amount it's a better deal anyway than using the 50% on the dyes.

Edited by hadoken

What I want to know is what sucker would pay upwards of $3,000 for a quartz watch with zero complications and a run of the mill $3 circuit board inside.

Apparently a whole lot of them, since my eyes will freaking bleed if I see just one more sucker with this piece:

http://www.authenticwatches.com/300mquartz.html

I was not aware that Omega even made any quartz models. BUT... if that's the case, you know it can be trusted. Omega make extremely dependable and durable watches, my friend.

I was not aware that Omega even made any quartz models. BUT... if that's the case, you know it can be trusted. Omega make extremely dependable and durable watches, my friend.

As long as they are not ones with their trademark coaxial escapement... It's not nearly as reliable as it was originally claimed to be, its maintenance intervals are longer, but if you miss one, you'll ruin the watch, and your average watch repair shop won't even be able to touch it.

Ones with a lever escapement are pretty much middle of the pack. They are about on the same level as ETA 2892 and grade 3-4 ETA 7750 without the chrono module, but not on the same level as the truly reliable Rolex and Seiko calibers.

Speaking about quartz, no one makes their quartz movements in-house. It's literally all Rondas and ETAs, the same in every watch. Not that quartz movements ever break down for it to be a concern, but where was I...

Ah, there. For $3k you get an ordinary steel cased watch with a $3 quartz PCB inside; all that's of value in it is the brand and the not-so-original design. Kinda puts our Black-Black in perspective.

Edited by B-Dick

2K CC is a hell of a lot cheaper than spending 4 times that amount to get lucky and get a black/black drop. I for one am appreciative of the price. I do admit the price is high, but considering the alternative, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

You say "the alternative" like there is only 1 alternative. There are lots of alternatives. For one, a lower and more reasonable price. Another alternative is to add those modules to future packs and make them less rare. They could also give a free module with the purchase of a hypercrate. They could also create a re-usable module. There are plenty of alternatives.

You say "the alternative" like there is only 1 alternative. There are lots of alternatives. For one, a lower and more reasonable price. Another alternative is to add those modules to future packs and make them less rare. They could also give a free module with the purchase of a hypercrate. They could also create a re-usable module. There are plenty of alternatives.

The current alternative is more of a reason to gripe than the one they have just offered us.

The whole point of Black-Black dye is its rarity.

It's not a particularly pretty shade of black, most armors look better in two colors... but what it does have going for it is rarity. They made it cost twice as much as the other dye for a reason.

Black-Black goes for 3+ million on the GTN on some servers. If it were something reasonable like 300 coins... admit it, how many of those complaining would be buying it just to sell it in-game?

And just why is black/black dye rare in the first place? The Sith use black more than any other color do they not? Yes they do. Should brown be just as rare for a jedi?

Why do you think this is about selling the dye only? For most of us this is about character appearance. but obviously you want to profit from this ridiculous dye system on top of anything else.

2K CC is a hell of a lot cheaper than spending 4 times that amount to get lucky and get a black/black drop. I for one am appreciative of the price. I do admit the price is high, but considering the alternative, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Nobody should be appreciative for that price for a one-time use object. That's them walking up to you, sticking their hands in your pockets and you letting them.

Nobody should be appreciative for that price for a one-time use object. That's them walking up to you, sticking their hands in your pockets and you letting them.

Hey, I'm just happy I know what I am getting when I pay for it. This is why I hate cartel boxes, I have no clue what I am going to get when I open one. So I don't buy them. At least with the black and white dye kits, I know what I am paying for and I get what I want when I pay for it. I DO NOT like playing the mystery box game and I personally think those mystery boxes should be illegal.

ok BW, it's great you're putting those dyes up on the CM but 20 bucks for black/black dye seems a bit absurd. I mean I'm not buying the stuff for myself so, no skin off my nose but it seems a little much

HOLY S*** TWENTY DOLLARS? HAHAHAHA THESE PRICES.

Maybe for 5 bucks, but not for 20. Give me a break, my sides hurt from laughing.

You all realize what they are doing, right?

They put it up for this price...and get the $20 from those who don't complain...and those who complain but still buy.

Then they will lower the price and get the $$ from everyone else.

I can't blame them.

Pretty much. Same idea with early adopters for modern technology.

No single item will ever be worth more than 1k let alone 2k cartel coins. Not unless it is added to collections and reusable.

The fact they thought they could just add something this expensive to the cartel market is going to cause more long term harm than any short term profit they gain. Definitely a lot of ill will generated by this.

I'd like to point out the fact that for 100 extra CC you can purchase one of the best companion healer/tank in-game and for 200 less you can buy a pod racer mount.

Now let us look at the Black/Black dye - sure some may claim that it should be rare, exclusive and even bring up the stupidest comparison i've ever seen ever by comparing the in-game dye to a real life Ferrari. Sure i can understand that, but the point is that it's an overpriced consumable that you have no chance of getting back once equipped.

So lets say a new amour set comes out that you really like, are you gonna throw out another $20 for it? And say shortly after another launches? Then what, are you going to keep throwing $20's at it?

My point is, keep the same price but either make it reusable or add it to the collections system with an added 600 CC fee to globally unlock it.

It's only "overpriced" if people refuse to buy it for the price that is listed. If a lot of people buy it, by definition it's exactly the right price. You watch, they are going to sell like hot cakes.

And I say hooray for every sale. More money in the game means more content for me.

It's only "overpriced" if people refuse to buy it for the price that is listed. If a lot of people buy it, by definition it's exactly the right price. You watch, they are going to sell like hot cakes.

And I say hooray for every sale. More money in the game means more content for me.

More Cartel Market bs.

The price is ridiculous even if you use the 50% deal. The CM gear is cheaper than black/black dye. This is getting disappointing that things subs have asked for since launch finally get put into game, but on the CM. It just feels like EA is trying to be a snake oil vendor and squeeze out even more of our money. They should give you 10 dye packs with the black/black dye guaranteed in one pack since the normal dye packs are 200 each. For 2000 ccs, it better be free to add to collections and use on alts and multiple outfits.

Oh, I think it is still reasonable to blame BioWare. They are basically digging their own grave. Sure, they get some pretty cash, but people become faster fed up with that method. I think a reasonable business model thinks about keeping customers happy for a long time, inviteng them always back to make some small purchases. And let's be honest, BioWare has dilivered with SWTOR some junk food, so they should not ask for prices that fit a 5 star restaurant and instead go with fast food pricing! (I mean people would buy fast food if it would be much more expensive).

Like I said, maybe in the short run, but it is not a healthy model in the long run.

You have no idea. You have no basis for that statement.

Look, I agree with you to some extent but the reason its priced where it is, is because it will sell now and later. They have plenty of analysts working on this. Its not done on a whim.

You have no idea. You have no basis for that statement.

Look, I agree with you to some extent but the reason its priced where it is, is because it will sell now and later. They have plenty of analysts working on this. Its not done on a whim.

/Agree.

They are actually going to drive GTN prices downward for these very desired dyes at these prices.. and they are going to tank their dye pack sales as well. For them.. it's probably a wash revenue wise.. but for players it means these dyes will sell on the GTN for 1-2M tops. And given how people will undercut each other on the GTN.. prices could drop even further. This is what people do not grasp. People were plunking mucho bucks on packs to get the rare dyes and turn around and sell them on the GTN. Now.. the price to aquire if fixed.. and only the peg exchange between CC-2-Credits through the GTN will shift.

Edited by Andryah

/Agree.

They are actually going to drive GTN prices downward for these very desired dyes at these prices.. and they are going to tank their dye pack sales as well. For them.. it's probably a wash revenue wise.. but for players it means these dyes will sell on the GTN for 1-2M tops. And given how people will undercut each other on the GTN.. prices could drop even further. This is what people do not grasp. People were plunking mucho bucks on packs to get the rare dyes and turn around and sell them on the GTN. Now.. the price to aquire if fixed.. and only the peg exchange between CC-2-Credits through the GTN will shift.

People just don't see the bigger picture and usually default to "ermahgerd bioware is evil."

And just why is black/black dye rare in the first place? ...

Why do you think this is about selling the dye only? For most of us this is about character appearance. but obviously you want to profit from this ridiculous dye system on top of anything else.

For over a year this game had NO DYES at all and it worked just fine.

Black-Black is a status symbol and it will remain expensive, else the point is at least partially lost.

Deal with it.

http://i.imgur.com/LZFE3y1.gif

BioWare breaks your leg, then you thank them for giving you crutches.

Working as intended.

Yes, 2k is absurd, but that will still drive the GTN price lower than they have been. Never underestimate the willingness of other to fork over $20 for ~1m in game credits.

Solus secant vehicles are usually less than a mill in the week they are available in the cc market.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.