Arena Report

Xinika

this is because there is the solo queue option. .

this is true. painting shin as a saint, not so much. but this is true. solo option will keep 4v4 alive. it would have also kept 8v8 alive. I'm assuming they're not going against 4m's in rated, else they'll stop Qing. but yeah, this more than anything is what will keep the 4v4 pool large enough to facilitate matchmaking.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is true. painting shin as a saint, not so much. but this is true. solo option will keep 4v4 alive. it would have also kept 8v8 alive. I'm assuming they're not going against 4m's in rated, else they'll stop Qing. but yeah, this more than anything is what will keep the 4v4 pool large enough to facilitate matchmaking.

Yeah the solo only ranked option was a pretty good idea. Now if they find away to solve people from leaving (this happened a few times in ranked) without preventing people from just going AFK it will be a great option. As of now even with a massive drop in your rating for leaving you are really putting the other three players on your team in a awesome place to lose.

Also Undying Rage through Poison Cloud is absolute ********.

Or do you mean that a skilled team with either of these classes performing in their tank role can be equally competitive?

Skilled player using a VG tank can perform at about 70% of the efficiency of a Jugg tank.

Edited by Xinika

Maybe if they would upgrade the other two marauder specs you would see less smashing around. I used to love carnarge but in PVP where everyone has a knockback and a few stuns it seems, i have trouble laying down the pain when my gore buff is active. Compare this 4.5 second window to the 20 second one i get in rage plus in rage i get to obliterate right back onto the platform i just got knocked off in huttball.

If they make just one spec viable ofc you will see a lot of them, and it doesnt help that this tree is the dps tree for jugs aswell.

Please make the gore buff last longer, or grant immunity to stuns/knockbacks, make ravage a stun instead of a snare when specced and change the berserk buff we get, i feel rage has a far better one atm.

Its nice to get a castingspeed buff but i'm allready micromanaging rage in this spec.

As for anihilation, i would say it has the same micromanagement issues with keeping up your dots and buffs, and i think the self heal could be a bit upgraded or make the dots so that they cannot be cleansed.

One healer should not be out healing or even keeping up with 2-3 dps. That's godmode.

I'm okay with one healer being able to tank 2 people. What I'm not okay with is one healer being able to tank two people AND keep their team mates alive and well.

Also Undying Rage through Poison Cloud is absolute ********.

According to a guildie of mine that's a known bug anyway.

Still doesn't take away the fact that there shouldn't even be any poison if one team is already down a player while the other team isn't.

Maybe if they would upgrade the other two marauder specs you would see less smashing around. I used to love carnarge but in PVP where everyone has a knockback and a few stuns it seems, i have trouble laying down the pain when my gore buff is active. Compare this 4.5 second window to the 20 second one i get in rage plus in rage i get to obliterate right back onto the platform i just got knocked off in huttball.

If they make just one spec viable ofc you will see a lot of them, and it doesnt help that this tree is the dps tree for jugs aswell.

Please make the gore buff last longer, or grant immunity to stuns/knockbacks, make ravage a stun instead of a snare when specced and change the berserk buff we get, i feel rage has a far better one atm.

Its nice to get a castingspeed buff but i'm allready micromanaging rage in this spec.

As for anihilation, i would say it has the same micromanagement issues with keeping up your dots and buffs, and i think the self heal could be a bit upgraded or make the dots so that they cannot be cleansed.

Most SWTOR players hate marauders, that is part of why there are so many "nerf smash QQ" threads on the forums. If annihilation was massively buffed, then marauder would have two viable specs. Right now, the only viable spec for marauder is rage. The only viable spec for operative for ranked right now is medicine. That is part of the reason that so many marauders are rage spec and so many operatives are medicine spec. Until annihilation gets buffed (carnage is fine for PVE, but carnage does not work for PVP because there are too many stuns in PVP) there will be a ton of rage specced players. Rage is the only marauder spec that is relatively unaffected by stuns. Annihilation is actually worse than pyrotech powertech is right now.

Edited by TheCourier-

Maybe if they would upgrade the other two marauder specs you would see less smashing around.

So your suggestion to dealing with a spec that most consider OP is to improve the other two talent trees to be equally as powerful? People aren't complaining about Marauders because they all use the same talent spec, it is because that one spec is pretty damn insanely over balanced.

Most classes have 1 viable spec and the majority of them are not even in the same ball park is "smash" marauders.

I feel you. In fact I have a better idea, how about gore finishes the cd of ravage and makes the next ravage instant, autocrit but still leave the 3s stun? Also gore lasts 8s and grants 50% damage reduction on top of the cc immunity. Also hand-of-justice should be on 10s lockout. And if I may add cause carnage has serious focus management, how about we make blade rush free? Did I forget anything? Ah yes, stuns... easy, lets make saber throw a 3s stun instead of a root, target is further rooted for 2s when stun finishes. And just to be sure that damage is adequate let's buff everything by 50% and autocrit while in gore. You mentioned a problem with a second leap? **** it, gore also finishes the cd of leap and makes next leap usable on any target even in cover and extends its range by 30m.

I'm looking forward to your bright insight regarding blade storm cause I think it is underperforming.

Most SWTOR players hate marauders, that is part of why there are so many "nerf smash QQ" threads on the forums. If annihilation was massively buffed, then marauder would have two viable specs. Right now, the only viable spec for marauder is rage. The only viable spec for operative for ranked right now is medicine. That is part of the reason that so many marauders are rage spec and so many operatives are medicine spec. Until annihilation gets buffed (carnage is fine for PVE, but carnage does not work for PVP because there are too many stuns in PVP) there will be a ton of rage specced players. Rage is the only marauder spec that is relatively unaffected by stuns. Annihilation is actually worse than pyrotech powertech is right now.

I don't think it's "most players", but yeah, the crybabies looking for something to squeal/troll about will pick them first nowadays. Most of them stopped for a month or two after 2.0 when the spec was nerfed, but now they're back again. Short of a class redesign, the basic complaint isn't going anywhere. Carnage is a very good spec for pvp (and arenas) right now - I'll definitely be using it on one of my chars at least.

Carnage is selectively effective. Smash is universally effective.

More like "carnage is a powerful situational spec with clear strengths and weaknesses that requires a chosing a particular coherent playstile to not make it look weak".

And smash is just "yolo swag".

More like "carnage is a powerful situational spec with clear strengths and weaknesses that requires a chosing a particular coherent playstile to not make it look weak".

Perfect analogy. I love you.

This post made me smile irl.:rak_03:

"Jugg Tank is mandatory, although VG can substitute this spot with almost complete efficiency. Shadow tanks are absolutely horrible and their PvE issues are actually shining in Arena more than before. But this also brings up the other issue: How exactly would you tone down Juggernauts to make the other two tanks more applicable? Or should we just buff the other two? (Especially Assassin) By default, Juggernauts in their design are superior in tanking, so how would you make the others comparable?"

I got an easy fix for this one.

Force pull becomes a base skill for assassins (Deception needs it more than tank anyways) and the vacant talent becomes replaced by a talent with an awesome name that decreases the soak dmg from guard by 20%. (number can be higher/lower, was just writing down what seemed to be reasonable at first thought).

"Jugg Tank is mandatory, although VG can substitute this spot with almost complete efficiency. Shadow tanks are absolutely horrible and their PvE issues are actually shining in Arena more than before. But this also brings up the other issue: How exactly would you tone down Juggernauts to make the other two tanks more applicable? Or should we just buff the other two? (Especially Assassin) By default, Juggernauts in their design are superior in tanking, so how would you make the others comparable?"

I got an easy fix for this one.

Force pull becomes a base skill for assassins (Deception needs it more than tank anyways) and the vacant talent becomes replaced by a talent with an awesome name that decreases the soak dmg from guard by 20%. (number can be higher/lower, was just writing down what seemed to be reasonable at first thought).

I think pull on all specs would be a little OP. Atleast without having to sacrifice anything for it. And to be completely honest with you.. what do we really need it for? Aside from huttball I really don't see any reason whatsoever.