Arena Report

Xinika

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I would feel having a baseline pull for assassins. I think other things can be done to help out the utility primarily giving some synergy for phase walk with deception and madness similar to how it functions for darkness.

if all sins are given pull then they should lose a stun IMO.

It is actually funny you should say this, because the Sin tree with the pull actually has access to MORE stuns then the other builds. As they convert the stealth only stun into an any time stun. Otherwise we have access to the same number of stuns...

Not that I am in favor of the pull being base line but your reasoning against it is pretty weak.

It is actually funny you should say this, because the Sin tree with the pull actually has access to MORE stuns then the other builds. As they convert the stealth only stun into an any time stun. Otherwise we have access to the same number of stuns...

Not that I am in favor of the pull being base line but your reasoning against it is pretty weak.

Well that's just not true.

Well that's just not true.

How so? All builds have access to Force Stun (the only out of stealth stun) and the stealth opening stun. The only difference is the tank tree has a talent to make the stealth opener not require stealth, thus giving them greater access to stuns than the other two.

Did something change in the two months I was away?

We want to hear about Arenas...
All you need to know is that they're incredibly boring and will kill instanced PvP, which is the only PvP in this game. The only ones queueing will be those who are winning close to 100 % of their games and are just playing because they are winning....and not so much because they enjoy it.

Just look at the poll regarding arenas having their own queue. Close to 90 % don't want it mixed with the other warzones. I can only guess here but I'd say that atleast 50 % of those 90 % don't want it mixed because they simply don't like the game mode. The other 50 % just want to avoid getting matched against an arena premade while they're solo'ing. And that poll is in this forum, meaning that most of the casuals havent seen it. I bet that if it's unpopular here it's going to be even more unpopular among the more casual demographics because they will stand no chance whatsoever.

Edited by MidichIorian

How so? All builds have access to Force Stun (the only out of stealth stun) and the stealth opening stun. The only difference is the tank tree has a talent to make the stealth opener not require stealth, thus giving them greater access to stuns than the other two.

Did something change in the two months I was away?

While spike is not a true stun it is a 2 second knockdown but low slash in the deception tree is a 4 second mez. Just a lil fyi.

While spike is not a true stun it is a 2 second knockdown but low slash in the deception tree is a 4 second mez. Just a lil fyi.

Technically you might be right that spike is not labeled a stun but it's knock down effect is not broken by any damage, which basically makes it a stun. I knew about low slash but seeing the post I was commenting upon was about stuns, I didn't need to mention mez effects.

what deception/infiltration sins/shades need is an unstealthed non burst dmg increase.

i would suggest a stackable dot on clairvoyant strike/voltaic slash with a slight stacking heal debuff attached to it, sth like 5-10%/100dmg/s for every stack.

Lightning Sorcs are a hard counter to Deception Sins.

If they are allowed to free cast, they can be shut down easily with coordination due to being cast-heavy and not super mobile (Compared to other sorc specs. (Hybrid, madness, etc.) Though the burst from lightning is neccessary to be useful.

not at all...

How are they not? Half of a deception sin's rotation is melee, of which bubble stun can explode in their faces and stun them. Even worse, lightning sorcs also have a knockback root. Deception sins don't have a root breaker to get out of the root, nor a pull to close the gap. Imagine facing a team of two lightning sorcs(I have, I was rooted 50% of the time.) How exactly, do lightning sorcs not counter deception sins?

you said it allready 50% of our attacks are melee attacks... use the other 50% to pop that bubble.

first attemp can be hard as you are not able to decide if that bubble is a normal or mezz-bubble but after that you exactly know what you are facing.

you said it allready 50% of our attacks are melee attacks... use the other 50% to pop that bubble.

first attemp can be hard as you are not able to decide if that bubble is a normal or mezz-bubble but after that you exactly know what you are facing.

Even if you could do that they still have their knockback root, which is the even bigger problem. How are you getting around that as deception with no root breaker or pull? The only way to do damage at that point is Recklessness + Force Lightning, and if recklessness is not up then there's not really anything you can do to damage him while rooted. He'll be out of your normal 10m range. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but can't they pop their bubble manually to stun you?

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

I think limiting one advanced class per team would fix all the issues.

I don't want Dongcleave disappearing just yet though... I don't think I've laughed harder than seeing my healer get globaled through guard within a 2s window. Seriously, I haven't laughed that hard on this game in a long time.:D

I don't want Dongcleave disappearing just yet though... I don't think I've laughed harder than seeing my healer get globaled through guard within a 2s window. Seriously, I haven't laughed that hard on this game in a long time.:D

Dongcleave? What did I miss?

New name for triple smash?