Give my 360 degree force wave back

jediharrsion

I liked the 360, too. It was just more force-y. But I suppose the cone makes it more strategic, and allows you to use it without breaking a hold on an individual enemy.

But being able to send everyone around you flying was awesome! One of my favorite parts of Tython was gaining that power.

One other thought: they didn't change the animation to match the change in the power. So the animation still looks like it should be a 360-degree knockback. It feels like a rip-off when the wave goes out in all directions, but only the dudes in front of you are affected by it.

They should make the animation more like Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan knocking over battle droids in Ep 1 (you know, the same move we all use to open up automatic doors at the supermarket--or is that just me?).

I agree with those that like it now. I can lift something move in front of is (so cc'd thing is behind me) and continue to use force wave. Its a nice aoe heal on boss fights and to pop right after a mob is dead (or when last one is at 1k health) to pop it. Kills last creature and tops up the group so you can hop right to next mob.

Follow-up, using force wave on every mob unless down to the last creature elicits nothing bad blood for sages. It scatters the mobs, can cause aggro issues, and lower dps since melee now needs to decide which one to go after and run to them.

Force wave is best to use on mobs if the dmg will kill off last creature, on boss fights where it wont knock anything back, or in-between mobs to top up others in group. STOP using force wave as soon as a mob is pulled.

I have three Consulars (two Sages- one DPS, one healer; and one Shadow tank). In my experience, Force Wave (for either healing or DPSing) is used incorrectly about 95% of the time. I am sick of either healing idiot Consulars who get all the aggro, or trying to get that aggro back on my tank, or having targets blown out of my DPSer's AoE attack after they were nicely bunched up.

I am AGAINST having Force Wave made 360 degrees again.

I am FOR all Consulars who read this to have a think about how they use Force Wave.

The changes haven't really bothered me that much, but I hardly ever used it on my KC Shadow. Only times I ever really used the power were in PVP Warzones to knock people off of objectives of knock them into the acid and fire in Huttball. In PVE it and force lift are probably the two powers I use the least, they aren't even on my main bar.

The changes haven't really bothered me that much, but I hardly ever used it on my KC Shadow. Only times I ever really used the power were in PVP Warzones to knock people off of objectives of knock them into the acid and fire in Huttball. In PVE it and force lift are probably the two powers I use the least, they aren't even on my main bar.

I don't know, force wave could be very useful if you are a tank, think of it as the guardians push, especially if it had a bit more kb distance.

One other thought: they didn't change the animation to match the change in the power. So the animation still looks like it should be a 360-degree knockback. It feels like a rip-off when the wave goes out in all directions, but only the dudes in front of you are affected by it.

They should make the animation more like Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan knocking over battle droids in Ep 1 (you know, the same move we all use to open up automatic doors at the supermarket--or is that just me?).

The animation was changed when it was changed to an actual instant and conal.

dear devs give me back 360 degree force wave. stop favering the ranged classes when it comes to knockback

No. 360 is not an improvement. What is needed is a few more meters of kb distance that gets smashers out of zealous leap range and other 10m baddies out of their range, just like the other 2 kbs. As it is now, it can only be used as a reaction to leap-smash, and more appropriately it is used once having a bit of distant to prevent ppl walking to you, unfortunately most leap.

Having said that, who knows it might actually change after Musco misdirected overload in the arenas ;)

Edited by MusicRider

dear devs give me back 360 degree force wave. stop favering the ranged classes when it comes to knockback

Not sure when sages became melee tbh :p

I dont think a 360 arc would be that good. For PvP maybe, but even then people tend to use it wrong.

For PvE it would just be plain BAD. The reason why you have a knockback is so you can reposition the adds if needed. Being tanks, dps or healer doesnt matter. You (almost) always want adds to be bunched up and not scattered around. Indeed 95% of people is misusing their knockback.

Since 2.0 its even more fun now that the knockbacks from sages and commandos also heal .... and scattering the adds afterwards :p

Not sure when sages became melee tbh :p

Considering this isn't in the Sage sub category and all consulars have the ability it isn't necessarily directed at just sages. On point however I don't care if they make it 360 again as long as they give us some better distance on it. As is it is usually pointless to activate the ability (usually).

I don't know, force wave could be very useful if you are a tank, think of it as the guardians push, especially if it had a bit more kb distance.

Hi MusicRider,

There aren't many circumstances where I believe Force Wave will be an effective 360 degree push. As a Tank, I prefer mobs bunched on me, not spread out. Additionally, in close quarters fights (in most HMFPs, elites tend to be bunched up with strongs and regulars) where tanks call for CCs, a 360 degree force wave would break the CC and create a headache for healers. In Ops, it will be even more problematic as they are even less forgiving. At its current form its execution is based upon positioning and can be useful healers and DPS Sorcs/Sages as an emergency defensive measure (for the trash mobs tanks couldn't/didn't pick up).

Honestly it just doesn't fit into my rotation. About the only time I'll use it or get to it is as a last ditch interrupt in boss fights. Of course I solo content 95% of the time so only person I'm tanking for is my companion usually. Sometimes though it is fun to just blow a bunch of enemies off of a ledge, lol.

• 3 months later...

I don't see how it can be useful to a melee tank outside of trolling your mdps and throwing mobs off ledges.

I liked the 360, too. It was just more force-y. But I suppose the cone makes it more strategic, and allows you to use it without breaking a hold on an individual enemy.

But being able to send everyone around you flying was awesome! One of my favorite parts of Tython was gaining that power.

Yes. This is true.

I prefer the directed force wave because it is more tactical. Its easier to use without knocking characters out of CC. Not that you don't have to be careful when using either version of the force wave, but the directed wave has more uses during tough fights or heroics or flashpoints.

• 2 weeks later...
I prefer the directed force wave because it is more tactical. Its easier to use without knocking characters out of CC. Not that you don't have to be careful when using either version of the force wave, but the directed wave has more uses during tough fights or heroics or flashpoints.

Directed Force Wave doesn't help you against an Assassin (for example) attacking from behind.

You have to move around first. Of course this is an L2P argument, but within the seconds you need to turn around you are easily killed by an aggressive Assassin who wants you down.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I don't see how it can be useful to a melee tank outside of trolling your mdps and throwing mobs off ledges.

Then you haven't been using it right. There are tons of ranged mobs in this game, and plenty of them are spread out to a significant degree when you face them. You can time and position the knockback to collapse a split group into a single group at the start of combat (front half of enemy group in range, rear half out of range, front half gets knocked into rear half). I do it all the time. It's incredibly useful for grouping up mobs, and far faster and easier than using Line of Sight.