"Unlimited Content Bundle" NOT unlimited.

Skodan

So why would you guys name something "unlimited" if it is in fact not unlimited.

The Unlimited Content Bundle comes with the following:

5 weekly pass: warzones

5 weekly pass: flashpoints

5 weekly pass: space missions

5 weekly pass: operations

now correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't unlimited mean FOREVER, not just 5 weeks worth?

It's their bundle. They can name it anything they like.

They can call it RootBeer & Cheese Surprise if they want. All that matters is that they disclose what's inside so that you can review the contents before you purchase it.

That said... the passes inside give you weekly unlocks for...wait for it.. UNLIMITED ACCESS to the contents covered by the passes for the duration of the pass. AND.. since it is a ...wait for it.. A BUNDLE of UNLIMITED ACESS PASSES....the laws of the universe remain intact after all. :)

Edited by Andryah

well each of those passes does offer unlimited wz matches., fp looting, OP and space zones in a limited amount of time.

it just not "buy this bundle and just unsub as you will have the basic feature that make sub much better than f2p"

Edited by astrobearx

Ahh, another one of their new player sucker traps.

Go and look at every single other unlock bundle they have.. To a vet player the items are obviously a joke for their price (or there are much 'cheaper' ways to get the unlocks). But to a new player just coming into the game they look on paper to be super useful and worth it. Trust me I feel for too many of these myself when first starting.

And yes I'm sore.. More because of the fact there are these real traps to actually get suckered as a new player more than the fact that I fell for them. Shows the kind of person you're dealing with on the other side of the counter.

Yeah sure, learn to f2p right? Just wait till you spend $30-40 dollars on improved speeder and dual spec unlocks... Noobs beware. It's not just other players out to get you in this game....

Edited by stockmks

So why would you guys name something "unlimited" if it is in fact not unlimited.

now correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't unlimited mean FOREVER, not just 5 weeks worth?

I see you found the fine print..

It says 0% interest!! Why do I have to pay interest???

It says free toilet paper, why do I have to buy one first??

Welcome to the world of retail and the art of selling..

Yes you are wrong.. Even unlimited can have limits.. Just like 0% interest doesn't last forever.. Buy 1 and get 1 free is fairly common.. But to get you in the store, the sign says 'Free toilet paper.' Then in very small print it will say 'Some restrictions apply..'. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Oh goodie, people are arguing over sematics again.

I catually think this is a good sign... the sematics whining, i mean... not the pack itself.

It means that the game is pretty strong right now. So strong, in fact, that people are getting hung up on details instead of actual problems.

Unlimited does not always mean "forever"... unlimited can mean exactly what this does: Unlimited access to features for a limited time.

It is access that is unlimited in scope, not time.

Im sure you wouldnt react the same way if someone said you had unlimited access to, say disneyland, for 5 weeks... or maby you would still be whining about how "unlimited" should also include time and you should have unlimited access to disnelyand forever or something like that... i dont know... but i doubt most people argue like that in the real world.

While the word "unlimited" doesn't necessarily mean time what struck me as ridiculous is the price, why would anyone with the right mind buy it instead of sub for a month for less?

Unless subscription is due to be phased out in favour of a full F2P model this doesn't make any sense...

It's their bundle. They can name it anything they like.

They can call it RootBeer & Cheese Surprise if they want. All that matters is that they disclose what's inside so that you can review the contents before you purchase it.

That said... the passes inside give you weekly unlocks for...wait for it.. UNLIMITED ACCESS to the contents covered by the passes for the duration of the pass. AND.. since it is a ...wait for it.. A BUNDLE of UNLIMITED ACESS PASSES....the laws of the universe remain intact after all. :)

I wish there was a way to ignore people posts so I don't have to see them . ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well we can't say that it is missleading as that has to be proven to be wrong by a judge. But i am shure at least in germany they can't name everything like they want. There are harsh rules that say how you advertise your product and in this case you can argue that this is missleading as it is not possible that the 5 weekly passes of fps, wzs, ops can be defined as unlimited. Still the price and the description show what it containes so it is possible to argue that the word unlimited does not decribe what is in the pack but is more a pr phrase to show hat it covers all aspects of the game that are available via weekly pass.

Well we can't say that it is missleading as that has to be proven to be wrong by a judge. But i am shure at least in germany they can't name everything like they want. There are harsh rules that say how you advertise your product and in this case you can argue that this is missleading as it is not possible that the 5 weekly passes of fps, wzs, ops can be defined as unlimited. Still the price and the description show what it containes so it is possible to argue that the word unlimited does not decribe what is in the pack but is more a pr phrase to show hat it covers all aspects of the game that are available via weekly pass.

It gives you 5 times a weekly pass so you can do unlimited wz's/fp's/ops's so it isn't misleading

and as you said, the price and contents are defined so you can't claim, you didn't know it wasn't access to everything

Edited by Never_Hesitate

It gives you 5 times a weekly pass so you can do unlimited wz's/fp's/ops's so it isn't misleading

and as you said, the price and contents are defined so you can't claim, you didn't know it wasn't access to everything

Well i don't think that unlimited describes the time or amount of wz or fps you can do in a week because they are limited by it's very nature. (Week has a limited amount of days. My guess is that this term should tell you that with this pack you have access to everything that you as a f2p or preffered player are restricted to.

Well i don't think that unlimited describes the time or amount of wz or fps you can do in a week because they are limited by it's very nature. (Week has a limited amount of days. My guess is that this term should tell you that with this pack you have access to everything that you as a f2p or preffered player are restricted to.

With this argumentation the word "unlimited" can't ever be used, because everything is limited :rolleyes:

Some limits may be very very big from our perspective but they're still limits

Edited by Never_Hesitate

There is another name for that: Subscription

This is also a lie. It is actually buy two for half price.

Just like unlimited access for 5 weeks isnt unlimited since there is a limit on the number of times you can play during those weeks (in the way of days, hours, minutes and so on...)

Doesnt mean they are sporting false advertising.

Just means you are taking things too litterally...

There is another name for that: Subscription

Well it can be very handy for people like me who switch to preffered status soon. I buy unlocks in the GTN from time to time to gain a status that is close to subscription. And then i will have a look if this is turns out to be cheaper then a subscription. If so this might be something i take advantage of.

Well it can be very handy for people like me who switch to preffered status soon. I buy unlocks in the GTN from time to time to gain a status that is close to subscription. And then i will have a look if this is turns out to be cheaper then a subscription. If so this might be something i take advantage of.

Well, that's the reason they're not doing that. You go back and forth between preferred and subscriber, but if you could unlock everything once and for all what would be the point in ever going but to subscribing, once you've reached 55?

Who knows, though? they might try it at some point. Imho, it would be extremely stupid to give subscribers one more reason to feel undervalued and risk losing your main source of income. Because, let's face it, their source of income is mainly our subscriptions and the money subscribers pay for Cartel Coins - I cannot imagine that F2P who won't spend $15 for a subscription, are spending that much money on Cartel Coins.

Edited by TheNahash

I like the pack. But the name its a bad choice.

The idea of the pack its bring the f2p gameplay more close to sub, making them think on make a subscription. More subs, more support to the game, better game content.

But the name was a bad choice. I would be the one that could by it by mistake.

Ive played as f2p for 2 or 3 weeks before subscribe, and ive bought some of the packs for xp and traveling much because i was new to game and more naive.

SWTOR its a awesome game. BW its a huge company. They really doesnt need to take this path to make money.

There is an ethic line in everything. We must not cross it.