Top 3 issues: Your opinion

ArchangelLBC

Actually, all three trees are laid out pretty poorly.

Along with the issues that you mentioned in the CM and AS trees you have to take a number of PvP centric abilities in the Gunnery tree as well in order to reach the cap stone ability.

You pretty much have to take a combination of any of the following: Cover Fire, Advance the Line, Tenacious Defense, Concussive Force, and Reflexive Shield in order to reach Demo Round. I could understand maybe taking 1 PvP centric ability in order to reach it, but needing to take 3 is a bit much.

how would you suggest to reorganize the tree then? without completely changing some of the talents, there is not a lot of flexibility in reorganizing it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all class questions/issues should be geared towards high level operations/ranked. I will post my thoughts once I get home. Typing a thesis on a phone is no fun :p

Questions that Man-iac would like addressed by bioware.

A.) PvP Utility

Let's talk about the sage and scoundrel for a minute. I know, blasphemy in the commando forums but bear with me. The Sage has the ability to pull a friendly target to their location enabling a sage to save a target from fire pulls or pull a friendly out of a bad position. A scoundrel is the preferred class to initiate caps or intercept targets because of the scoundrel roll, ability to sap an enemy (stealth stun), and AOE flashbang. These two classes offer tremendous utility in the PvP sphere. Note: Utility is less of a concern in PvE where engagements are longer, targets cannot be CC'd, and parsing bigger DPS/Heal numbers is more important.

The only utility that the Commando brings is stealth/leap prevention every 1 minute and 21 seconds (Electro net). Tech override's instant stun does not compare to a scoundrel's AOE flashbang. Hold the line does not offer any team utility while attempting to carry the ball and can be easily countered in Huttball via hard CC. If the dmg/heals and player skill/ability of these classes was equal, there would be no reason to ever bring a commando in a ranked warzone when you could get the added utility of a Scoundrel or Sage.

Bioware needs to increase the dmg/heals above that of more utilitarian classes like Sage/Scoundrel or increase commando utility to bring it within parity of other classes.

Solutions to Commando PvP Utility

a.) Increase the Heal/DPS to not rely on RNG crit and place it above that of other more utilitarian classes.

b.) Introduce a HOT Purge/Despell Ability

c.) Introduce a guard Purge/Despell ability

d.) Decrease the CD on Electro Net

a.) Increase Heal/DPS #'s

This one is pretty self explanatory. If the commando has no utility, give the commando more dps/heals so that ranked teams must make an active decision and ask "Do we want more DPS/Heal output or the utility of the other classes." Currently, it is no question since the DPS/Heals are well below the other classes and the Commando offers no utility in ranked pvp.

b. HOT Purge Ability

This is a new game mechanic that BW could benefit from to give the Commando utility while also lowering the OP factor of the scoundrel. Imagine field aid (the commando cleanse of two negative physical/tech effects on a friendly) being adapted to remove 1-2 heals over time on an enemy target. I have never been a fan of just nerfing classes when people cry, this allows skilled players to counter the OP factor of slow release medpack which allows scoundrels to heal their entire team while even stunned. I firmly believe that this would even the playing field among scoundrel healers while also giving the Commando a much needed Utility buff.

c. Guard Debuff

The premise is to change Electro net so that it not only stops movement abilities/stealth but prevents a target from being guarded. With this change, BW could justify the obscenely long cool down on electro net (1 minute and 30 seconds). In a 1v1 duel, this changes nothing. In PvE, this changes nothing. In PvP, it gives Commandos a much needed Utility buff and nerfs the OP factor of healers/tank stacking in ranked warzones. This is an easy change, on a preexisting ability. I know others have said that this would make electro net OP. Just keep in mind, THE COOLDOWN ON ELECTRO NET IS 1 MINUTE AND 30 SECONDS. In a ranked, you will still need to rely on your team to focus the target down and this change will not guarantee a kill.

d. Decrease the CD on electro net.

The title speaks for itself. The cooldown on electro net is too long. The dps while electro net is on cooldown does not justify bringing a Commando into a ranked warzone. Electro net does give Healers a rather underutilized tool in escapability. My only fear is that a CD decrease would allow healers to run wild, which may be a good thing considering how under powered they are. Note: electro net in pve is just fluff damage since its effects will not have an effect on most bosses.

to be continued... work is kicking my *** ATM

I edited my original post with all this, take a look and let me know your thoughts. I'll address my thoughts/concerns with individual trees in future posts.

Edited by ManiacDavis

how would you suggest to reorganize the tree then? without completely changing some of the talents, there is not a lot of flexibility in reorganizing it.

At this point in time I don't think it could be reorganized. Just stating my opinion that some of the skills that need to be taken don't really support one of the play styles.

But as to some changes to the skills themselves, possibly adding some slight ammo regeneration, 5-10% maybe, to Advance the Line while HtL is active. Nothing huge, but just enough to help push out that extra DPS when needed.

1. DPS

this is very simple I have not checked in a week or 2 now but last I looked I was 15th best or a little better even commando in the world on the nightmare boss my guild is trying so ya I am not #1 and never expect to be but I am being out dpsed by 15% + by people that are not even in the top 50 for there class..... I want to stress I don't want them nerfed that would be worse then doing nothing at all but commandos do need a buff to get us at least with in 5%

2. useless skills or repeat skills

I love being a gunnery commando because its simple and lets me look around and pay better attention to what's going on around me but as much as I love seeing the 9k demo rounds I got to ask why we even have that skill its just plain and simple adding stuff uselessly to fill keys they could of just as easy had a skill up there to make HIB which is already on the same cooldown either be fireable 2 times and maybe add 10% damage to it also filling keys like this just makes specs harder to play gunnery is one of the easiest to play luckly so its not a huge deal but this is a problem on nearly every other spec in the game 5-6 skills should be all we need to keep track of some of them are up at 8-9 with 5 or more cooldowns to watch...... I guess that its more a problem for assault or healing spec which I don't play much

those are really the only problems I have I just hope we get a dps buff soon I am really getting tired of having to be in the alt run when I am one of the better people out there

Edited by brandonvi

I will add 2 more issues when I have the time.

So with that, here is my #1 issue for PVE Gunnery Commandos.

# 1: Fix the set bonus for the 4 piece PVE eliminator armor. With 2.0 the 4 piece set bonus on the eliminator armor was changed (with no reason or explanation ever given). The new set bonus (+8% damage to HiB) was a DPS loss compared to the old set bonus of the 4 piece making HiB a free cast. The difference is enough that right now with the new Kell Dragon gear, sticking with the old Dread Guard 4 piece set bonus results in the same DPS output, even with the loss of aim between the two sets. As well as offering easier management in game play.

The set bonus needs to be either changed back to the older version. Or adapted to offer the free HiB with the 4 piece, while offering some type of bonus to assault players. This could be done by having the 4 piece offer both set bonuses (free HiB and +8% damage to HiB), which would be more in line with the duel type 4 piece bonus that sentinels and gunslingers got with 2.0.

Edited by Flying-Brian

demo round is useless? :rolleyes:

of corse its not useless but its extra stuff they added that did not need to be added just to make our rotation a little harder and even with that its stupidly easy

they could of just as easily made the top talent instead of being demo round a passive ability that made HIB fire 2 times per cooldown and add 10% or maybe a little more damage there is no real good reason for demo round to even exist

they do this kind of thing all over the place on other classes as well its nice that we get so many different animations but just for example on my Jedi guardian to dps I have 1 ability with no cooldown (builds focus) and like 6 ability's with cooldowns to watch they could cut 3 of those down to 1 ability since they are all more or less the same thing "slash enemy and set them on fire"

as far as commando it does not really apply much except with demo round but really its a problem you can find in almost any class in this game somewhere

Actually, all three trees are laid out pretty poorly.

Along with the issues that you mentioned in the CM and AS trees you have to take a number of PvP centric abilities in the Gunnery tree as well in order to reach the cap stone ability.

You pretty much have to take a combination of any of the following: Cover Fire, Advance the Line, Tenacious Defense, Concussive Force, and Reflexive Shield in order to reach Demo Round. I could understand maybe taking 1 PvP centric ability in order to reach it, but needing to take 3 is a bit much.

CM definitely needs to be reworked. Frontline Medic being a prereq for Probe Medic is the dumbest thing in the history of ever, and Assault has quite a lot of crap in it, but gunnery? Eh two points into a PVP skill. I wish it wasn't so or the PVP skill had some better PVE applications, but there's tons of trees out there that have to take some kind of utility skill out there, so I don't mind gunnery too much. I actually like Advance the Line and Reflexive shield. With all the raid damage going out I want Reflexive shield up as much as possible.

I did originally make that the complaint (that all the trees are laid out badly), but in the case of gunnery there needs to be more and more meaningful talents, and we shouldn't have to put three whole freaking skill points into special munitions for such a sad pathetic payoff (for gunnery anyway). That talent insults me.

1. DPS

this is very simple I have not checked in a week or 2 now but last I looked I was 15th best or a little better even commando in the world on the nightmare boss my guild is trying so ya I am not #1 and never expect to be but I am being out dpsed by 15% + by people that are not even in the top 50 for there class..... I want to stress I don't want them nerfed that would be worse then doing nothing at all but commandos do need a buff to get us at least with in 5%

2. useless skills or repeat skills

I love being a gunnery commando because its simple and lets me look around and pay better attention to what's going on around me but as much as I love seeing the 9k demo rounds I got to ask why we even have that skill its just plain and simple adding stuff uselessly to fill keys they could of just as easy had a skill up there to make HIB which is already on the same cooldown either be fireable 2 times and maybe add 10% damage to it also filling keys like this just makes specs harder to play gunnery is one of the easiest to play luckly so its not a huge deal but this is a problem on nearly every other spec in the game 5-6 skills should be all we need to keep track of some of them are up at 8-9 with 5 or more cooldowns to watch...... I guess that its more a problem for assault or healing spec which I don't play much

those are really the only problems I have I just hope we get a dps buff soon I am really getting tired of having to be in the alt run when I am one of the better people out there

This is by far the weirdest complaint I've seen. My only complaint about Demo Round is that it should be a commando wide ability and top tier gunnery should be something like Burst Volley. Oh and its animation is wimpy wimpy wimpy. You don't get to complain about a spec being easy AND hard to play at the same time. I'd go a little mad if there were only Grav Round, HiB, and FA to use.

Your first complaint is very much valid, and I agree.

Two main issues stand out for me: Assault is terribly designed and needs a rework (Assault Plastique, anyone?), and the CM tree is somewhat poorly designed in terms of how talents are laid out.

In the CM tree, having to take Frontline Medic in order to get the buffs to Trauma Probe is unforgivable. There's simply no reason for this talent to be mandatory in PvE, and it is of highly dubious utility even in PvP. Another issue is that the ideal CM build comes just one talent point shy of a happy meal, resulting in either missing out on Kolto Wave (which is a significant nerf to AoE healing in PvE) or missing a point in First Responder. The latter is what I usually do, since First Responder is almost always up regardless, but it feels really janky and poorly designed. It's just not clear to me why things are laid out in this fashion. Uncoupling Probe Medic from Frontline Medic would resolve the useless talent issue (and free up points that we used to put into the damage reduction talents), and making Kolto Wave a 1 point talent would probably be all it takes to make the tree feel more complete by maxing out First Responder.

As for Assault, where do I even start… I actually really really like the *feel* of the spec…when it is played suboptimally. I like the designed use of Full Auto, and I like the double DoT approach of IR and AP. Unfortunately, AP is just not compelling enough to merit usage. Parses demonstrate this pretty clearly. Full Auto is also not very compelling. It should probably have a 100% chance to proc High Impact Bolt, or perhaps a damage buff. It's not clear which would be better.

I would propose a number of changes. Since Assault is parsing so far behind Gunnery, we have room to work. First, AP should retain the DoT component it currently has, but the initial burst effect should be buffed considerably, making it optimal to use it on cooldown. Another option might be to give a talented buff to High Impact Bolt which increases the damage dealt by some amount (e.g. 15%) on targets affected by the AP DoT. Second, Full Auto should receive a damage buff to burning targets, and the proc chance of HiB should be increased from 70% to 100%. Right now, double Charged Bolts does more damage than a single Full Auto in the same time frame at a cost of *slightly* more ammo AND has exactly the same proc chance on High Impact Bolt (1 - (1 - 0.45)^2 = 69.75%). This is just way out of whack, and doesn't properly incentivize use of Full Auto.

Buffing the damage dealt by Full Auto and increasing the proc rate, as well as increasing the damage dealt by AP (or increasing damage of HiB in response to AP) would increase Assault's overall damage by a significant amount, while simultaneously making the optimal rotation a lot more involved than just unending Charged Bolts spam.

Unlike other suggestions in the thread, I don't think that ammo management is in a categorically bad place for any tree. Combat Medic in particular has fantastic ammo management when correctly played and is able to put out a very high level of healing. I don't feel that any buffs are necessary in this domain. It is *hard* to manage CM ammo (much harder than the other two healers), but this is part of the class and a function of the extreme burstiness of the healing rotation. Gunnery certainly suffers from very, very tight ammo management. This is a large part of why the old 4pc set bonus is still mathematically superior to the new 4pc, even accounting for the loss in main stat. I don't think Gunnery needs a buff, because it does pull very competitive numbers even now, but some streamlining of the ammo management (perhaps enough to incentivize the new 4pc?) would be very nice indeed.

Whoa missed this earlier. Thanks a lot for that KBN. As usual that's very reasonable and well thought out. I do wonder though. In one breath you say that CM has fantastic ammo management and then that managing that ammo is *hard*. Not just hard but *hard*. Again the question is is your extra effort and skill rewarded with significantly better than either of the other healing classes? Or does it bring you to being on par with them? Perfect ammo management should not be necessary to compete with classes that produce the same results for much less effort, which is also my beef with gunnery.

I agree with the suggestion of combining old and new set bonuses so that HiB is functionally free again. Maybe make it so it refunds 8 ammo instead of reducing cost so it still benefits Assault players, and yes I DO like the damage boost as well. It's patently ridiculous though that missing out on something like 80 aim before you account for our 14% buff (counting sage buff here) still doesn't compensate for a 2 ammo HiB.

PVE wise Gunnery dps is already competitive but it could use an execute and a AoE ability that doesn't have a target limit is about all i could see for it. The spec itself is very RNG heavy with curtain procs so they could probably streamline that and make it more user friendly as well i guess.

PVE wise Gunnery dps is already competitive but it could use an execute and a AoE ability that doesn't have a target limit is about all i could see for it. The spec itself is very RNG heavy with curtain procs so they could probably streamline that and make it more user friendly as well i guess.

i believe thats mortar volley, no?

MV is 5

HoB is also 5

Pulse Cannon is unlimited

Concussion Charge is unlimited

The only AOE we have which is frankly shocking for targets is Plasma Grenade which is target + 2 others.

Sticky Grenade hits 3 max, ok maybe its a small grenade, it's cheap and instant.

Plasma Grenade has a cast time, a massive cost and still hits just 3.

There's an opening right there for the oversized hugely expensive pyro grenade to get a useful talent linking it with Assault.

A further hint would be that HoB has a target limit of 5 and gets a 9% bonus on all burning targets but Assault is incapable of getting 5 targets on fire without a ridiculous time and ammo cost.

Edited by Gyronamics

MV is 5

HoB is also 5

Pulse Cannon is unlimited

Concussion Charge is unlimited

The only AOE we have which is frankly shocking for targets is Plasma Grenade which is target + 2 others.

Sticky Grenade hits 3 max, ok maybe its a small grenade, it's cheap and instant.

Plasma Grenade has a cast time, a massive cost and still hits just 3.

There's an opening right there for the oversized hugely expensive pyro grenade to get a useful talent linking it with Assault.

A further hint would be that HoB has a target limit of 5 and gets a 9% bonus on all burning targets but Assault is incapable of getting 5 targets on fire without a ridiculous time and ammo cost.

are you sure mortar volley is 5? nothing in the ability description indicates that it is target limited, and im fairly certain ive hit more than 5 people at once with it in the past.

Whoa missed this earlier. Thanks a lot for that KBN. As usual that's very reasonable and well thought out. I do wonder though. In one breath you say that CM has fantastic ammo management and then that managing that ammo is *hard*. Not just hard but *hard*. Again the question is is your extra effort and skill rewarded with significantly better than either of the other healing classes? Or does it bring you to being on par with them? Perfect ammo management should not be necessary to compete with classes that produce the same results for much less effort, which is also my beef with gunnery.

I should qualify what I mean by "fantastic". :-) What I mean is that the commando healing rotation fits together *extremely* well. As long as you never cast MP off-proc and you're disciplined with your Kolto Bomb usage and Trauma Probe refresh, you're almost exactly ammo neutral (with the set bonuses of course). Supercharge Cells actually pushes us into the ammo positive zone (even with its extremely paltry ammo return), which allows us to burst down a bit while it's up. Pre-2.0, things didn't fit together quite as well because of alacrity, and thus the whole rotation was slightly ammo negative even accounting for SCC.

Basically, I just love how the whole rotation is put together. That's what I mean by it being "fantastic".

It *is* much harder to manage ammo as a commando healer than as any other healer. This is specifically because the ammo burn is concentrated in just over two consecutive GCDs, followed by 4 GCDs of essentially no output. Thus, the skill factor in playing a commando healer is in reserving this burn for when you actually need it and can support it. The *burstiness* of the ammo management is what makes it hard, not so much the regen vs cost vs output ratio (which is almost identical to a scoundrel). I don't think any buffs are needed in this area, because it really is a large skill component of the spec.

I agree with the suggestion of combining old and new set bonuses so that HiB is functionally free again. Maybe make it so it refunds 8 ammo instead of reducing cost so it still benefits Assault players, and yes I DO like the damage boost as well. It's patently ridiculous though that missing out on something like 80 aim before you account for our 14% buff (counting sage buff here) still doesn't compensate for a 2 ammo HiB.

Yeah, that's just really, really stupid.

One sidebar… For those complaining about gunnery being low DPS, in my raid group, our gunnery commando parses just a hair lower than our highest parsing gunslinger, who is parsing a 3020. The potential is *there* in the spec, it's just hard to achieve.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

One sidebar… For those complaining about gunnery being low DPS, in my raid group, our gunnery commando parses just a hair lower than our highest parsing gunslinger, who is parsing a 3020. The potential is *there* in the spec, it's just hard to achieve.

Yeah my feeling is what we need is something in the line of QoL buffs, though I am selfish enough to still want Battle Focus, especially given the wild swings in DPS from crit to non crit. In the same vein as this streakiness is the unreliability of proccing Curtain of Fire. It is patently ridiculous that I could go through an entire Relic of Boundless Ages buff without seeing the proc once. I mean I'm sure that if I took every single commando log out there we'd be getting the buff 45% of the time, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it when you go that long without a proc. The fact that we're so dependent on one proc doesn't really help but fixing it would truly require a redesign of the whole tree I think, so I'm not sure what to do about the streakiness.

The ammo issue however, I DO think could easily be addressed for gunnery. Yes the potential is there but you have to use recharge cells and reserve powercell offensively, push your ammo absolutely as hard as possible (without ever knowing exactly how much ammo you have) and all that means that if you screw up even once on ammo you're probably reduced to pounding sand and watching your DPS drop like a rock. Everytime I screw up on a dummy and am caught low on ammo without recharge cells up and have to hammer shot my way back up I easily lose 100 DPS over the course of the parse, and it's never something I can get back.

It would seem this is mostly a gunnery issue, but still it just rubs the wrong way that absolute perfect play is required to be in shouting distance of gunslingers. When those gunslingers put in the same effort, well Torparse is full of some frankly incredible parses by gunslingers.

Overall I'd like to see gunnery and cm either more forgiving or more rewarding for the effort we're putting into them. Assault spec needs to be overhauled so its top tier talent is worth taking and the implied way you're supposed to play it isn't horribly suboptimal.

So if I were to come up with a first issue that would be it.

My second issue now would be the plethora of abilities whose benefit is all out of proportion with their usability. To me the biggest culprits are: Tech Override, Adrenaline Rush, Plasma Grenade, and Reserve Powercell.

Tech Override: I've touched on this already, and Cash practically led the charge on this and RP back when 2.0 was on the PTS, but 1 instant cast every 2 minutes baseline (2 consecutive instant casts every 90 seconds in gunnery) is just awful for a level 46 ability. It does literally nothing to help us do more damage or be more ammo efficient in PVE, and it's the tiniest of bandaids in PVP when trying to cast under pressure. I've almost always used it to get an instant cast concussion round off in either environment. The talent in gunnery is nice, but I'd honestly rather have that buff applied to RP in PVE, whereas two instant CBs in PVP Assault (assuming they fix that tree) would be pretty nice. Either way the cooldown is way way too long for the benefit it provides, and if they insist on only 1 to 2 instant casts then the cooldown needs to be dropped to 60 seconds. If they insist on a 2 minute baseline cooldown the effect should last for 10-12 seconds and I'd like to see it come with a cost reduction for all ammo skills while active. Not make everything free, but maybe a 50% cost to ammo spending skills or increased ammo regen for the duration. Better yet give us an actual offensive cooldown. Give me battle focus. I will rock faces with it.

Plasma Grenade: The only real problems with this skill is its ridiculous cost. It has the cost of a spammable low damage 5 target AoE like Hail of Bolts or Sweeping Blasters, but a 30 second cooldown, and only hits three targets. It really is pretty awesome for single target damage so I don't even mind the low target threshold, especially since its in keeping with other grenade abilities, but the cost needs to be cut in half at least. Actually giving it a cost of 8-10 ammo would help our ammo out quite nicely since I'm sure both DPS specs would be using it on cooldown and something like a good damage ammo neutral ability would help address the above issue nicely. Generally to keep an ability from being OP it either has a decent length cooldown or an absurd cost. PG has both, and that is dumb.

Adrenaline Rush: A 90 second effect which, when you are below 30% health triggers a semi hot on you for 8 seconds which constantly tries to heal you up to, but not exceeding, 30% health, and then triggers a 3 minute cooldown. Are you serious? This is an ability that is literally only used because its there and is psychologically better than nothing. I would be hard pressed to find an ability in this entire game whose effect and usefulness was more out of all proportion with its cooldown. I have no clue why this ability was reworked, but it needs to be reworked again. With a 3 minute cooldown it should trigger immediately and keep healing you for all 8 seconds. Even as good as that would be I would argue the cooldown should be 2 minutes instead of 3, but even so, an adrenaline rush that worked like that would actually have some very nice survivability uses in both PVE and PVP. Note that it wouldn't allow us to cheese big hits that are supposed to one shot us since if we take more damage in one instant than we have HP we die regardless, but its applications for making lives easier on healers are just endless. I understand that VGs have a talent which makes it better, but that talent could be changed and I think they'd be fine with an overall much better adrenaline rush.

Reserve Powercell: Again the effect is nice but we get exactly one free ability every 2 minutes (90 seconds if you're in assault), which is the teeniest tiniest band aid to ammo management ever. Again, if you're only gonna allow it to work on one ability, lower the cooldown to a minute. If you're going to keep the 2 minute cooldown, then give me 10 seconds of absolute free casting. Personally the former option seems more balanced, but either way this and Tech Override feel more like abilities I'd see in a Final Fantasy MMO than like anything else in SWTOR.

Third issue is still to fix assault, but we can fold that into the first issue, and then come up with a third. What should that third be.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

1) Assault Spec has been gutted and made useless in anything other than PvP, where I still use it because I find that my mobility makes up for my lower DPS. I'd love to run Assault in Ops again, but the burst is gone.

2) Ammo management is a big deal for both DPS specs - the return of the free HiB would solve much of this for both.

3) Adrenalin Rush SUCKS now...100% SUCKS! I would love to see the HoT back.

I fully agree with maniac and cashogy.

my personal top 3 issues would be:

1. Lack of escape options for all specs. But particularly as a healer.

2. Need of greater instant cast/cast while moving options for healing and dps.

3. More responsive aoe/ reduced aoe cost.

1) Assault spec blows.

2) Combat Medic blows when compared to Scoundrels and Sages.

3) Adrenaline rush blows.

I may flesh this out a bit later :p

My entire perspective is from PvP. The above may or may not hold true for PvE. Also, per point 1, I haven't seen an effective assault/pyro spec mando/merc in PvP on either Shadowlands or Pot5 since 2.0. Not one.

Edited by Jherad

1) Assault spec blows.

2) Combat Medic blows when compared to Scoundrels and Sages.

3) Adrenaline rush blows.

I may flesh this out a bit later :p

My entire perspective is from PvP. The above may or may not hold true for PvE. Also, per point 1, I haven't seen an effective assault/pyro spec mando/merc in PvP on either Shadowlands or Pot5 since 2.0. Not one.

thats cuz there isnt one. theyve been extinct since the last build of 2.0 on PTS

In case anyone forgets what exactly happened there. Plasma Cell damage was cut in half and AP was turned from a high damage grenade to the damage of a sticky grenade plus a long weak DoT.

At the same time Grav was changed from stacking to full effect instantly.

Thus removing all burst from Assault and magically causing Gunnery to have it.

Reminds me of what happened to Reflexive shield, that's right, moved to Gunnery!

What about the rapid CD on Adrenaline Rush? Oh scrap that on Assault, give Gunnery a passive damage absorber addition to Reflexive Shield instead. That'll even it out.

Edited by Gyronamics

This is more of a PvE thing but I think Pulse Cannon should have unlimited targets. It's a cone, so it would reward more skilled players, like the twin saber throw sentinels currently have. You also have to be within 10 meters channeling, whereas a flyby you can be as mobile and as far as you'd wish. I know it's only 5 targets, but the ability of pulse cannon actually doesn't specify an amount of targets, so that makes me think it was intended to be unlimited in the first place.