Top 3 issues: Your opinion

ArchangelLBC

Adrenaline Rush: A 90 second effect which, when you are below 30% health triggers a semi hot on you for 8 seconds which constantly tries to heal you up to, but not exceeding, 30% health, and then triggers a 3 minute cooldown. Are you serious? This is an ability that is literally only used because its there and is psychologically better than nothing. I would be hard pressed to find an ability in this entire game whose effect and usefulness was more out of all proportion with its cooldown. I have no clue why this ability was reworked, but it needs to be reworked again. With a 3 minute cooldown it should trigger immediately and keep healing you for all 8 seconds. Even as good as that would be I would argue the cooldown should be 2 minutes instead of 3, but even so, an adrenaline rush that worked like that would actually have some very nice survivability uses in both PVE and PVP. Note that it wouldn't allow us to cheese big hits that are supposed to one shot us since if we take more damage in one instant than we have HP we die regardless, but its applications for making lives easier on healers are just endless. I understand that VGs have a talent which makes it better, but that talent could be changed and I think they'd be fine with an overall much better adrenaline rush.

And that's not even mentioning that the cooldown becomes effectively four minutes if it doesn't trigger. As it works, activating the ability gives you a 60 second buff called Fired Up. If your HP drops below 30% while Fired Up is active, it becomes Adrenaline Rush and the ability itself goes on cooldown. If your HP never dips below 30%, however, the ability goes on cooldown after Fired Up expires in a minute. In the latter case, the cooldown is effectively four minutes which is a very harsh punishment for overestimating a threat, but that is kind of a running theme with the class.

Personally, I do like the new version of it when it all goes according to plan. Its effect is very potent and I like it, but its cooldown at the very least needs a revision. What should happen to it is something along the lines of:

- If your HP drops below 30% while Fired Up is active, the ability goes on a 2 minute cooldown at that point.

- If your HP does not drop below 30% and Fired Up expires due to time restrictions, it does not trigger a cooldown at all. What this does is make Fired Up have a 100% uptime until it finally is triggered by the enemy. In my opinion this isn't overpowered because when it is triggered its out of play for two minutes. But if this is too much, perhaps a 1 minute cooldown would be a fair compromise. That way the cooldowns remain essentially the same (ie. if it triggers it has 2 minute cooldown with possibly more depending on when it triggered; if it does not trigger the cooldown is 2 minutes).

- In addition, Adrenaline Rush may be used while stunned or sleeping (mez).

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrenaline rush is one of the weakest if not the weakest cd in this game, i would much rather see it like this:

adrenaline rush resets the cd of tech override and reactive shield and then goes on cd --> 3 min ;)

Edited by szczypaczek

i think everyone is looking at changes for just "right now" which is easy to do. if you ask for just a "damage" increase the devs can boost it today then nerf it tomorrow.. we should be looking for a utility/quality of life fix I.E. the offensive CD that should be trooper wide (that makes it way easier for them to balance the assault fire spec) and then we need some utility to bring, i have noticed that every PVE commando that is posting here is just asking for a damage boost and more ammo management. i think those are foolish things to focus on. ammo management is part of playing a class so asking to be able to just spam more is ridiculous and the damage boost will only be taken away in a future patch. Lets try to go for more permanent fixes for ourselves, i want it to be more needed for commandos to be brought to raids and ranked WZs because we are making everyone elses life in the groups life better. it would be so nice to see in gen chat, "LF commando for OP then g2g" or in recruiting forums saying, "high need for commandos to guild" just saying I NEED TO BE NEEDED!!!

i think everyone is looking at changes for just "right now" which is easy to do. if you ask for just a "damage" increase the devs can boost it today then nerf it tomorrow.. we should be looking for a utility/quality of life fix I.E. the offensive CD that should be trooper wide (that makes it way easier for them to balance the assault fire spec) and then we need some utility to bring, i have noticed that every PVE commando that is posting here is just asking for a damage boost and more ammo management. i think those are foolish things to focus on. ammo management is part of playing a class so asking to be able to just spam more is ridiculous and the damage boost will only be taken away in a future patch. Lets try to go for more permanent fixes for ourselves, i want it to be more needed for commandos to be brought to raids and ranked WZs because we are making everyone elses life in the groups life better. it would be so nice to see in gen chat, "LF commando for OP then g2g" or in recruiting forums saying, "high need for commandos to guild" just saying I NEED TO BE NEEDED!!!

First of all, they can take away utility just as easily as they can take away a damage boost, and they can just as easily boost damage and leave it where it is. Second of all, no real utility boost is going to make commandos more desirable as a raid DPS, and raid healing you'd need to buff things like Trauma Probe on more than one person and maybe boost the buffs Kolto Bomb gives. What WILL make commandos more desirable for raid DPS is if they are better able to actually reach their potential. For that ammo management needs to be less tight. I'm not asking to make it mindless. No one is. We're asking for 1.7 ammo management. It wasn't brain dead then. You could still screw up and end up completely out of ammo, but it wasn't a razor thin wire either, and unfortunately to be competitive we have to walk to wire, often with no safety net, or we just won't meet that potential. I don't care if they give us back the old 4 piece (preferably added onto the current 4 piece because I like 8-9k HiBs with my 10k Demo Rounds), or lower the cost of Grav Round to 16 baseline (so 13 with special munitions) or whatever, but the spec is very tight on ammo management, and very punishing when you screw it up, and for your sins you can be competitive as long as you aren't a top 1% player comparing yourself to other top 1% players, at which point you WILL fall behind.

For PVP, you and others are right that ammo management isn't as important as team utility, but cut the cooldown on Electro net by a third or in half, or do what Cash is suggesting and add the same escape prevention to Cover Fire, and suddenly I think we have all the PVP utility we need.

Also, seriously BW, can I at least SEE how much ammo I have instead of a visual guestimate?

the thing is other then giving us some major group/op wide damage buff there is just no "Utility" they can give us that will help with very high end ops in nightmare you cant heal your self or many of the other "Utility" type ability's it just does not happen if you have to heal your self your dead

the request for more damage has more to do with balance then it is just "GIVE ME MORE DAMAGE" currently in real fights a lot of the time you will find commandos out done by 15% or more and that's just to much a 5% difference is just fine but a 15% difference on nightmare content that's already hard to do with the people with that 15% extra damage just means we don't get to do anything

I know I said it in this post before last I checked on the boss my guild was working on for nightmare I was the 15th best commando (likely not anymore) but even being that high up I get left because other classes are doing 15% or so more then me

and before you ask no those people are not world best or anything like that most of the time at least then they were in the top 30-50 area

as of this week I have had to set out 3 weeks now and there is just simply nothing to be done about it as a commando I cant get any better if I want to be in a op my only way to get in is level up a gunslinger or level up a sentinel neither of which I really want to do but many people in my guild have done just that so they are not left out

my guild no longer has any dps in the main op other then gunslinger and sentinel 7-8 weeks ago those people that are now playing those 2 classes were on many other things we had shadows scoundrels guardians commandos vanguards all we have left now is 2 classes and tank and heals and since commando heals aren't that good compared to other classes we cant even do that

Edited by brandonvi

the thing is other then giving us some major group/op wide damage buff there is just no "Utility" they can give us that will help with very high end ops in nightmare you cant heal your self or many of the other "Utility" type ability's it just does not happen if you have to heal your self your dead

the request for more damage has more to do with balance then it is just "GIVE ME MORE DAMAGE" currently in real fights a lot of the time you will find commandos out done by 15% or more and that's just to much a 5% difference is just fine but a 15% difference on nightmare content that's already hard to do with the people with that 15% extra damage just means we don't get to do anything

I know I said it in this post before last I checked on the boss my guild was working on for nightmare I was the 15th best commando (likely not anymore) but even being that high up I get left because other classes are doing 15% or so more then me

and before you ask no those people are not world best or anything like that most of the time at least then they were in the top 30-50 area

as of this week I have had to set out 3 weeks now and there is just simply nothing to be done about it as a commando I cant get any better if I want to be in a op my only way to get in is level up a gunslinger or level up a sentinel neither of which I really want to do but many people in my guild have done just that so they are not left out

my guild no longer has any dps in the main op other then gunslinger and sentinel 7-8 weeks ago those people that are now playing those 2 classes were on many other things we had shadows scoundrels guardians commandos vanguards all we have left now is 2 classes and tank and heals and since commando heals aren't that good compared to other classes we cant even do that

That seems a tad extreme on the part of your guild. The first NiM DG kills in 8 man were all done with mercs in the group, and I think at least one group pre-nerf managed to clear it with a shadow DPS, so there's no reason for the only DPS classes in raid to be gunslinger and sentinel, and in fact I'm thinking that comp is hurting in trash pulls of all things just from the lack of CC, but I guess you can always just orbital down everything =/

Still you're right about everything else.

im just asking for our top priority to not be, "buff my damage make my ammo better" that is such an easy thing for the devs to write off because i can guarantee you that all the other classes are saying the same thing maybe we need the raid wide buff that is only provided by sents/maras that increases everyones damage for a period of time, but literally we need to stay away from the buff my damage thing.. it is not gona get us anywhere going into there and saying that

this is not to say that i dont think we need a damage increase because i know we do but i think it will b more productive going into there saying something other than that... i think they will do the damage boost and ammo management on their own without us having to ask... or they might just b like you guys are where we want for the damage and ammo and there goes our wasted question.. it will literally be that easy to just let us all down.. that is why i want us to focus on other bigger problems that have longer lasting changes... i have been playing this class since launch and we have always been the lackluster class that everyone is so iffy on bringing even when our damage was super high up there.. (for all you new commandos in the early days we had great awesome damage and got hit with the nerf stick to send us into last place for a really, really... long time) i just dont want to see us get our damage buff then them be like oh they are OP damage NERF NERF NERF and then we are screwed again

this is not to say that i dont think we need a damage increase because i know we do but i think it will b more productive going into there saying something other than that... i think they will do the damage boost and ammo management on their own without us having to ask... or they might just b like you guys are where we want for the damage and ammo and there goes our wasted question.. it will literally be that easy to just let us all down.. that is why i want us to focus on other bigger problems that have longer lasting changes... i have been playing this class since launch and we have always been the lackluster class that everyone is so iffy on bringing even when our damage was super high up there.. (for all you new commandos in the early days we had great awesome damage and got hit with the nerf stick to send us into last place for a really, really... long time) i just dont want to see us get our damage buff then them be like oh they are OP damage NERF NERF NERF and then we are screwed again

I understand what your saying but honestly I don't see any problems other then some pvp stuff (which I don't do)

In PvE we are already good on everything but damage until my group started getting everyone changing classes so we could get the best of the best dps I was one of the best players we had

Although in the last 10 sec I did think if the fact I would love to have my cyro grenade back to 30 meters but other then that I like the class the way it is with the sole exception being that I cant compete at all in dps

EDit

and our healing needs a buff people just wont let us heal if they have anyone else that can do it

Edited by brandonvi

On my commando i have no problem at all keeping up with good sentinels and gunslingers. I often beat them.

and your doing how much DPS on nightmare bosses then? if your keeping up with them its going to be fairly high

I ask because if your keeping up with them there are only 2 ways it can be your one of the very few oddballs that get ungodly numbers doing the exact same stuff the rest of us do for no apparent reason or they suck that's the only real choices if your keeping up with gunslingers or sentinels

even some of the highest dps commandos if you look at there records instead of looking at there 1 time greatest ever a lot of them are being beaten in to the floor by those other 2 classes so far I have only found 1 consistently oddball person like that he was doing around 2800dps all the time doing the same rotation that's normal for a commando and he is doing it every time no idea how that works when the rest of us turn out a good bit less in numbers but he was doing it

Edited by brandonvi

I'm sorry dude but no. Just no. If we don't make the point early and often they are gonna do jack and crap about it. EVERYTHING you say about why we shouldn't ask for better ammo management is a reason not to ask for more utility. If you're expecting them to address these issues on their own you're living in some mythical land where the BW devs are competent or actually care.

Is ammo management too tight in gunnery spec? Yes it is. That's a problem. It needs to be addressed.

Is Assault spec broken? Yes it is. That's a problem. It needs to be addressed.

Is utility still an issue? Yes it is. That's a problem. It needs to be addressed.

I understand that you don't think the ammo and damage issue is as important and that's fine, but you admit it's an issue and I for one will be sorely disappointed if those issues are NOT brought up to the devs. Because I guarantee you that if we don't bring it up, then it won't be addressed ever.

Don't kid yourself. We could make all three questions about just utility and they would still let us down because that's the only thing this dev team is good at. I just demand they say to our face that they can honestly look at the massive charlie foxtrot they've created with this class and say "no yeah totally working as intended".

Finally you keep saying "nono we should focus on bigger problems that have lasting changes". This is offensive on several levels because it acts as if better ammo management isn't a bigger problem that won't have lasting changes, and more importantly you haven't suggested any other issues. You bring up utility. Really? You actually suggest giving us inspiration and you think we're the ones being unreasonable? You think that utility is the bigger problem fine. What else? What the hell else? Either suggest more or stop talking.

On my commando i have no problem at all keeping up with good sentinels and gunslingers. I often beat them.

A good commando can keep up with a good sentinel or good gunslinger. Great sentinels and gunslingers leave us in the freaking dust though. Don't doubt it.

even some of the highest dps commandos if you look at there records instead of looking at there 1 time greatest ever a lot of them are being beaten in to the floor by those other 2 classes so far I have only found 1 consistently oddball person like that he was doing around 2800dps all the time doing the same rotation that's normal for a commando and he is doing it every time no idea how that works when the rest of us turn out a good bit less in numbers but he was doing it

Pizza is crazy good, and the secret is high APM (he's seriously consistently at 35 APM) and working his priorities to milk every single bit of DPS he can get. That means HiB and DR on cooldown and fully buffed, CoF procs as quickly as possible, MV on cooldown but only during a CoF ICD, etc etc etc. It's not so much the rotation as it is making sure there's no dead air and making sure the most important stuff takes priority over the less important stuff. I'm not nearly that good.

And yet as far as i know Pizza still plays with the old set bonus. This should tell you all you need to know about the main Gunnery issue. We need our old set bonus back, or some other ammo buff.

And as Commandos we need the same percentage display of ammo status the Mercs got. This is just unbelievable and insulting at this point.

honestly archangel if our representitive goes in there just being like, "WE WANT A DAMAGE BUFF!!" the devs are gona think he/she is a *********** joke and just throw us aside... dont waste our chance to do something with that and if we really really need to say it atleast just tie it in somewhere not so obvious... if i were a dev and you said buff my damage i would lol and move on to the next question

honestly archangel if our representitive goes in there just being like, "WE WANT A DAMAGE BUFF!!" the devs are gona think he/she is a *********** joke and just throw us aside... dont waste our chance to do something with that and if we really really need to say it atleast just tie it in somewhere not so obvious... if i were a dev and you said buff my damage i would lol and move on to the next question

Then come up with a biger problem ammo and dps ARE the problems of this class yes utility never hurts but in top end content we are being left out because of ammo and dps they ARE the problems we have

inless you can come up with a buff/utility so good that a nightmare raid is willing to take someone doing 15% or so less dps then a gunslinger/sentinel then there is no reason to ask about it instead of dps

Edited by brandonvi

ok how do you propose they buff our damage without breaking us in pvp? as it is i can pretty much burst down anyone at the moment and if i got a damage boost it would be ridiculous... just saying if we are gona propose a damage buff then atleast explain it in a way where it wont make them laugh or nerf us right back harder than before

This is more of a PvE thing but I think Pulse Cannon should have unlimited targets. It's a cone, so it would reward more skilled players, like the twin saber throw sentinels currently have. You also have to be within 10 meters channeling, whereas a flyby you can be as mobile and as far as you'd wish. I know it's only 5 targets, but the ability of pulse cannon actually doesn't specify an amount of targets, so that makes me think it was intended to be unlimited in the first place.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

doesn't pulse cannon already hit unlimited targets?

i admit that i've never tested it myself, and i'm not discounting your claim, because sticky grenade doesn't mention that it's an AOE, so tooltips are kind of confusing at times, but how do you know that it only hits 5?

Edited by oaceen

ok how do you propose they buff our damage without breaking us in pvp? as it is i can pretty much burst down anyone at the moment and if i got a damage boost it would be ridiculous... just saying if we are gona propose a damage buff then atleast explain it in a way where it wont make them laugh or nerf us right back harder than before

burns since they don't like giving burst damage make demo round have a burn that does 20% of the total damage and maybe give grav round a stacking burn that does 5% of the damage it does per stack max of say 3 stacks every 3 sec

then give full auto a say 10% burn over say 10 sec

between those attacks the extra burn damage might be to much would have to check next time I am in a raid on that but its not hard to see how a blaster being shot at full auto on someone might light them on fire or the same for demo round dont know about grav round as far as how lore wise your going to explain that

since all the pvp people have I have seen say anyone any good dispels burns it should have little effect in the pvp and put us from bottom of the barrel back to atleast a reasonable place

doesn't pulse cannon already hit unlimited targets?

i admit that i've never tested it myself, and i'm not discounting your claim, because sticky grenade doesn't mention that it's an AOE, so tooltips are kind of confusing at times, but how do you know that it only hits 5?

Actually I've just checked and EVERYTHING commandos have is capped at 5 targets per tick.

These are 3 targets:

Sticky Grenade

Plasma Grenade

Explosive Round (3 per round but it fires 2 rounds)

But the following hit for 5 maximum per tick.

Mortar Volley

Hail of Bolts

Pulse Cannon

Concussion Charge

You can try it out on the mini dino packs in the sanctuary on makeb.

Get as many as you want together, use AOE and you'll see in the log only 5 targets will get hit at once.

Edited by Gyronamics

thanks for the info, gyronamics. i never really used pulse cannon much on my commando, but the raid leader in my new guild kept really insisting that i use it a lot for add phases because he also thought there was no limit.

let me preface this by saying i am not an avid PvE'er, so i could be way off with this suggestion.

the classes that out-dps commando are sentinel and gunslinger, right? both classes have real execute abilities, which are very heavy hitters.

as assault needs a complete face-lift, i dont have a suggestion for that spec. but for gunnery, would making Demo Round auto-crit on targets <30% health give a big DPS boost? that is basically a 3rd of every fight, so i think it would make a difference.

i dont really think that a flat damage bonus is necessary tho. utility and crit, which is an indirect damage bonus, would be better.