petition for the ewok to be buyable via CC

astrobearx

There's no reason for Legacy levels to have any kind of meaning. They are purely cosmetic.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea of putting it on the CM, but it is nice to see an alternative to legacy levels and 1 million credits.

Cosmetic? Really? Get lost.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand the 1 million price tag per character. The legacy perk makes no since, its either 1 million off the vendor (not sure if there is a lvl requirement) or 1 million off the legacy tab with the legacy lvl 40 requirement. Why can't we get a legacy unlock rather then more legacy character perks?

EDIT: Just checked, you have to have legacy lvl 40 to get the item off the vendor.

Edited by DustinDune

My God, people here just live on negativity. I'm legacy lvl 40 and I was pretty excited about having an exclusive companion. I guess I was mildly disappointed that it would be available on the CC, but honestly, I don't really care. I have way more important things to worry about. I mean, whatever, it's just a toy you can unlock. If you are legitimately upset about this, maybe take a step back and ask yourself if it's worth all the angst. Then let's all be friends! :D Edited by desert_ocotillo

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

For what.. 1800 CC the companion can be bought without having to do a single quest at all?

Pay to win..

Unfortunately some people cant comprehend the idea of spending time in game to earn things :/
Edited by paowee

little things like this is what puts me off the game a little bit. i guess people don't think its worthy to earn stuff in game anymore and would rather buy (with real money) what they want (lol what a concept!). Ofcourse EA/BW is MORE than happy to capitalize on that. why cant the pet just be a reward after completing a long series of quests? (maybe even removing the legacy requirement)

Super disappointed to see that it's going to be on the Cartel Market. Seriously hope they don't keep going with this trend of putting everything on the CM, or there will be little to nothing to earn in the game.

According to Dulfy.net you can either pay 1 mill credits or use cartel coins to get Treek when 2.3 comes out so it will be possible to use the cartel market while providing people the option to pay in credits as well so I think bioware did a great job on that. The only catch is from what I have seen treek comes only in level 10 gear.

Super disappointed to see that it's going to be on the Cartel Market. Seriously hope they don't keep going with this trend of putting everything on the CM, or there will be little to nothing to earn in the game.

you can earn it in game by being legacy lvl 40. just because it is on the CM doesnt mean you can earn it

you can earn it in game by being legacy lvl 40. just because it is on the CM doesnt mean you can earn it

It makes earning it meaningless. It is a big stinking turd in the cheerios of the people who actually can get it via in-game ways. I know you just want to throw money at Bioware for everything, I bet you will cry about having nothing to do too. Guess what chief, earning Legacy 40 was something to do. Having goals in game is good, but your type just wants instant gratification. Like I mentioned before, since you REALLY want your ewok wouldn't feel be better to work hard and get her rather than just throwing ten bucks at Bioware?

It makes earning it meaningless. It is a big stinking turd in the cheerios of the people who actually can get it via in-game ways. I know you just want to throw money at Bioware for everything, I bet you will cry about having nothing to do too. Guess what chief, earning Legacy 40 was something to do. Having goals in game is good, but your type just wants instant gratification. Like I mentioned before, since you REALLY want your ewok wouldn't feel be better to work hard and get her rather than just throwing ten bucks at Bioware?

We play MMOs to earn something we really want. The point of playing and spending time to actually earn will null it with this Ewok companion. Sure legacy 40 is hard to earn for new players but hey, it's something that you have to achieve to really enjoy the game. Not cheat your way. Sure we want to give Bioware money to keep the game content coming but this is NOT the item we want to pay for.

For people who have been playing this game for a long time, it's an achievement because their hardwork for reaching level 40+ will finally pay off. Now even new players will get the companion? It may not be a big deal but this is an achievement.

My God, people here just live on negativity. I'm legacy lvl 40 and I was pretty excited about having an exclusive companion. I guess I was mildly disappointed that it would be available on the CC, but honestly, I don't really care. I have way more important things to worry about. I mean, whatever, it's just a toy you can unlock. If you are legitimately upset about this, maybe take a step back and ask yourself if it's worth all the angst. Then let's all be friends! :D

You should start caring, because if we let Bioware do this, expect the next item or content will either be unlocked in-game or cartel market. How does this sound..

"New daily area available... but you have to get a certain achievement or legacy level to access it... but wait! If you are a new player in the game and want to give money to Bioware, here's a unlock ticket!" - Is this something you would want? New players taking advantage of the CM? This is surely PAY-TO-WIN.

Also, a companion is NOT a COSMETIC. If it's a PET, yea it's cosmetic. An Ewok is part of the Star Wars Lore. If the companion is a dog, or a cat,, that would be fine. You can put as much in the CM. But somoething with a story behind the character? NOPE

A lot of us are playing this game to achieve something. We play every day to meet our expected goal. if this is a sign where SWTOR is going, It's gonna be a sad day to all fans. new players will not care of course.

So Bioware, you really have to decide. First the encrypted cubes... how did that go? now this? How many times do you guys want to test if people will really dig it?

Edited by Mark-JPS

How is a companion winning? Pay to Win is about PvP or PvE gear or level content. There is 100% no NEED for Treek. The game is 100% beatable without him. HK I consider a degree of content, since there is a story and cut-scenes for him. Treek is much less so because you simply buy him.

Oh, you all KNOW that if he was said to be not on the CC there would be equal outrage among those who don't have any extra disposable income beyond their sub (assuming they have one).

TBH, I rather just throw 10 bucks on the ewok oppose to waste my time grinding for legacy,hence why i made this thread. take that as you will, i dont care. while you guys will be pouting, i will be enjoying treek on my lvl 20 shadow.

instant gratification FTW

:D :D :D :D

Edited by astrobearx

How is a companion winning? Pay to Win is about PvP or PvE gear or level content. There is 100% no NEED for Treek. The game is 100% beatable without him. HK I consider a degree of content, since there is a story and cut-scenes for him. Treek is much less so because you simply buy him.

Oh, you all KNOW that if he was said to be not on the CC there would be equal outrage among those who don't have any extra disposable income beyond their sub (assuming they have one).

It is not simply the fact that you can use CC's to pay for this new companion that has people upset. After all, once you unlock HK-51 yo can pay for him on alts by using credits or CC's. You still have to UNLOCK him first. You stil have to complete the quest chain on at least one character to unlock him. You cannot simply throw money at BW and avoid having to do the quest chain to unlock him.

What has people so aggravated is that you can bypass the legacy level 40 requirement to unlock this new companion by simply throwing some money at BW. There is a huge difference between using CC's as an alternate means of payment once you have unlocked something by meeting the requirements and simply paying to bypass those requirements.

You should start caring, because if we let Bioware do this, expect the next item or content will either be unlocked in-game or cartel market. How does this sound..

"New daily area available... but you have to get a certain achievement or legacy level to access it... but wait! If you are a new player in the game and want to give money to Bioware, here's a unlock ticket!" - Is this something you would want? New players taking advantage of the CM? This is surely PAY-TO-WIN.

Slippery slope/reductio ad absurdum argument noted.

Also, a companion is NOT a COSMETIC. If it's a PET, yea it's cosmetic. An Ewok is part of the Star Wars Lore. If the companion is a dog, or a cat,, that would be fine. You can put as much in the CM. But somoething with a story behind the character? NOPE

A companion compared to no companion is indeed not cosmetic. But one companion compared to another is cosmetic (minor differences in skills notwithstanding). So don't compare Treek to "no companion at all," compare it to "existing companions."

Therefore, buying Treek with CC and no legacy requirement is not P2W. You can repeat the contrary 100 times if you want, but that won't make it so.

Edited by branmakmuffin

TBH, I rather just throw 10 bucks on the ewok oppose to waste my time grinding for legacy,hence why i made this thread. take that as you will, i dont care. while you guys will be pouting, i will be enjoying treek on my lvl 20 shadow.

instant gratification FTW

:D :D :D :D

Lol who said it's going to be $10? I see that you are new to the game... If you've been playing MMOs, you should know how much companions usually costs in other games.

Also, I wouldn't rejoice just yet. As you can see, a lot of veterans are raging to this decision. So will Bioware listen to the new players or the ones that have been supporting them since the beginning? Will they really risk something just to appease one new player just because he cannot reach legacy level 40?

We'll have to wait and see.

My God, people here just live on negativity. I'm legacy lvl 40 and I was pretty excited about having an exclusive companion. I guess I was mildly disappointed that it would be available on the CC, but honestly, I don't really care. I have way more important things to worry about. I mean, whatever, it's just a toy you can unlock. If you are legitimately upset about this, maybe take a step back and ask yourself if it's worth all the angst. Then let's all be friends! :D

Except, even thought you are legacy 40 you still have to pay 1 million credits. Something I wont be doing for anything, ever. That's just WAY too expensive for anything. I fail to see why it can't just be something you unlock at Legacy 40 with NO FEE for subscribers only and be done with it.

It's not "negativity" its called an opinion.

Lol who said it's going to be $10? I see that you are new to the game... If you've been playing MMOs, you should know how much companions usually costs in other games.

Also, I wouldn't rejoice just yet. As you can see, a lot of veterans are raging to this decision. So will Bioware listen to the new players or the ones that have been supporting them since the beginning? Will they really risk something just to appease one new player just because he cannot reach legacy level 40?

We'll have to wait and see.

the old players that are few and between and believe the CM is the devil or the new players that spend a s*tload of money on the CM or just want the flavor of the week CM item? yes i wonder who they will chose in the end? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

edit , it could be 10 or 100 dollars and it doesnt matter because...i want to stress this out for you....

WE WANT THE EWOK , PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE HERE

Edited by astrobearx

the old players that are few and between and believe the CM is the devil or the new players that spend a s*tload of money on the CM or just want the flavor of the week CM item? yes i wonder who they will chose in the end? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

edit , it could be 10 or 100 dollars and it doesnt matter because...i want to stress this out for you....

WE WANT THE EWOK , PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE HERE

If you want the ewok, then waiting a bit and actually gaining legacy 40 should not be an issue either, unless you are too lazy or feel so entitled that you can't wait and have to have it now.

If you want the ewok, then waiting a bit and actually gaining legacy 40 should not be an issue either, unless you are too lazy or feel so entitled that you can't wait and have to have it now.

lol ratajack, your petty insults doesnt affect me like at all. you just some guy on a internet making baseless generalization about me.your opinion means about the same as dirt.

think what you want man, i wont be debating for weeks on end because you want things to work a certain way.

im not lordartemis or peterJr :D

Edited by astrobearx

lol ratajack, your petty insults doesnt affect me like at all. you just some guy on a internet making baseless generalization about me.your opinion means about the same as dirt.

think what you want man, i wont be debating for weeks on end because you want things to work a certain way.

im not lordartemis or peterJr :D

Baseless?

Allow me to quote you:

that is a good idea to get credit....except for the fact i need to get the legacy lvl 40 to get the ewok ! :rolleyes:

i know it is form for everyone to go

again, ewok for CC

i realized that, but come on...legacy 40? i have been playing since november when f2p launch and i only recently just got to legacy 25.

8 months of daily gameplay = legacy 25

COME ON....it would take me to the end of the year to get to legacy 40

ok sure,kudos to you for being here for a long time and tbh it should be available for points for you;however, as i stated above, i join in november and only now have a legacy 25.this isnt my fault that my legacy it still 15 lvls below the requirement.i login in everyday since november and leveled my toons only to achieve legacy 25.at eh current rate,im looking towards the end of the year to just get my favorite species in star wars (it really is my favorite). im not being lazy here im not asking to cheapen your achievement , all im trying to say is that the ewok should be able to be unlock via CC. double the price that hk CC price is as a penalty or something;just offer the choice though

ewok for CC

i have no problem earning it, it just that the legacy lvl 40 requirement is honestly too damn high. again, as i said before, i feel like this is bioware trying relieve it conscience over the cathar, which supposed to be a legacy race.

EWOK FOR CC

i see your point;however, again what you are saying ...to all those people who have join after november 2012, who most likely doesnt have legacy lvl 40....should have to wait until the end of the year to get it? come on dude, there has to be a better way to show appreciation to legacy lvl 40 players and to the new subs since f2p

hey im a old rpg player too (i played every DnD edition up to fourth edition). i can appreciate hard work and dedication;however, grinding legacy exp isnt the same as level xp grinding. grinding for legacy is far far faaaaaar more difficult. tbh, i assume legacy levels is all more of a log of how long a player have been playing swtor. i suppose i can take a lvl 55 player and go the a starter world and kill mobs for 1 legacy xp each, but come on guys....isnt there a better way to go about this?

how about a gear penalty? or something?

EWOK FOR CC

the problem with your statement is the fact, i am trying to earn legacy 40 (even now as we speaking, each trash mob i am killing is giving me about a moderation amount of legacy exp during db exp weekend.) grinding legacy...again isnt the same as grinding a toon xp from 1-55.

look i get it, i noticed most people on this thread have been here for a while (looking at most of your posters post history, some of you guys been here predate f2p, so im sure you most likely have the legacy requirement) and i know you have zero sympathy for me....or anyone else who isnt legacy 40, but again, as someone who plays everyday and most likely only to be able to achieve legacy 40 end the of the year at my current rate, is it really that bad to ask tbh a shortcut (with heavy penalties included) for CC?

That's only in the first four pages. I think I've provided enough evidence to prove my point.

Baseless?

Allow me to quote you:

That's only in the first four pages. I think I've provided enough evidence to prove my point.

This proves our point. Good one RatJack. The one that really wants this to pass are those people who are new to the game lol Well, good luck with you new players.

I hope this will be like the encrypted cubes where Bioware backed out in putting it in future Cartel Packs. :)

i was gonna to respond to your post ratajack because you took everything i said out of context, but who cares.:rolleyes:

EWOK OFR CC :)

Out of context? That's your defense?

I did not edit those posts. I merely highlighted the pertinent parts that indicate in your owns words that you are not willing to wait for this new companion, that you "have to have it now" and that you find working toward legacy 40 to be too difficult.

FFS...

I am an "old" player and have been playing for a very long time...

I am legacy level 50...

I have millions of credits...

I would rather buy the Ewok with cartel coins.

You wanna work for it, work for it. You wanna buy it, buy it. Seems to me that what the haters really want is for it to be rare and exclusive so that they have it and most other people don't. That doesn't seem very nice to me. It's a game. Hard work is fine if it gives you a sense of achievement, but it's a game! It's supposed to be fun.

And there is plenty of stuff that requires work. Focus on reputation vendor rewards - those take work and there is no quick fix. Same with Achievements. Are all your planets 100%? No? Go do that and don't worry so much about Ewoks. Killing 500 Black Sun strongs on Coruscant? Now *that* is grinding.

Edited by CrazyMcGee