petition for the ewok to be buyable via CC

astrobearx

Yep, haters are going to hate because they are new to the game and HAVE NOT reached at least level 40. Is it that hard? LOL... Those who are in favor to have Ewok purchasable on the CM are the ONES that are new and DOESNT HAVE legacy level 40.. too bad it's not our fault. How about play more and invest some time... or yet, subscriber for more than a year.

Oh trust me, ask those veteran players on the game itself and see what they think about the Ewok being purchasable on the CM. Sure, they're not in the forums but you will see that they are against to it.

So it's really up to Bioware. AT least still put the legacy requirement. It will make the new players to PLAY MORE and have something to achieve. The more time they spend, the more $ they will put in as they will remain a subscriber.

I think you misunderstand my stance. I agree that the legacy 40 requirement should remain in place despite the fact that I have not reached legacy 40 yet and will have to wait months before I can get to legacy 40 given my limited play time. As long as they leave the legacy 40 requirement in place, I see no reason not to allow CC's to be used an alternate payment method, much like you can use CC's to get HK-51 on other characters, once you have met the requirements to unlock him. Where I have a problem with allowing CC's to be used to purchase this companion is if they allow someone to simply throw money at BW to avoid and bypass the legacy 40 requirement.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the only one who gets it. Stop looking at the Ewok like a legacy item. I'll wait.

Got it? Okay, now look at the Ewok as a cartel market item. I'll wait again.

You there yet? You see it? No? Okay, I"ll explain. Look at the Ewok as a cartel market item. Suddenly, it's not 'people lower than legacy 40 can buy it.' Now, it's 'there's a cartel market item that's really nice, but if you've put in the time to get a legacy level higher than 40, you unlock the option to buy it without using real money.'

Get it? It's not 'anyone can get it with cash', it's 'anyone can get it with cash but those of us who've put in the time can get it through gameplay instead'.

Some one buy this man a cookie. That's what we need around here. A nice positive attitude! Well done sir! The baddies and complainers just need to change their perspective.

First off, I deplore the idea of being able to bypass Legacy Levels via the cartel market.

That said, I can't think of anything that is locked by Legacy Level that CAN'T be bypassed by the cartel market as things stand. So, Bioware wouldn't be doing anything new by allowing the Ewok to be bypassed as well.

The greater issue isn't necessarily "p2w" (even if the Cartel Market is about as close as you can get in the western F2P market).

No, the greater issue is what a failure the Legacy system is:

1) Meaningless, as all it really amounts to is that it potentially saves you money, since everything can be bought with money instead.

2) Pointless, because no one can even see your legacy relationships, so what was the point.

Cash shop creep is real, and games like SWTOR are pushing it to a whole new level, which is bad, because games designed around that philosophy stop being designed in a way that awards gameplay, as opposed to awarding whoever wants to spend more money.

I can think of at least three legacy perks right off the top of my head that still require a certain legacy level and that level cannot be bypassed. Those would be the ship droid, the ship AH and the ship and the ship mailbox. You also cannot bypass having to do the HK-51 chain on at least one character to unlock him, so that still requires level 50 and the chain to be completed.

I think I'm the only one who gets it. Stop looking at the Ewok like a legacy item. I'll wait.

Got it? Okay, now look at the Ewok as a cartel market item. I'll wait again.

You there yet? You see it? No? Okay, I"ll explain. Look at the Ewok as a cartel market item. Suddenly, it's not 'people lower than legacy 40 can buy it.' Now, it's 'there's a cartel market item that's really nice, but if you've put in the time to get a legacy level higher than 40, you unlock the option to buy it without using real money.'

Get it? It's not 'anyone can get it with cash', it's 'anyone can get it with cash but those of us who've put in the time can get it through gameplay instead'.

Nope. It's still anyone can get it for cash if they can bypass the legacy 40 requirement by throwing money at BW. A rose by another name still has thorns.

Some one buy this man a cookie. That's what we need around here. A nice positive attitude! Well done sir! The baddies and complainers just need to change their perspective.

Maybe the ones who want to be handed everything for throwing money around need to change theirs.

Maybe the ones who want to be handed everything for throwing money around need to change theirs.

Welcome to real life. Money is what makes the world go around and what keeps this game running so you can sit and stare at you're pixel achievements. Go get them tiger!

Edited by iganksith

Hey, make a petition for them to sell the last two pieces that require grouping for HK also. I'm a solo player, I've done all the other quests, but want the HK droid.

It's only fair really. I'm legacy 50, which took a while to achieve, and now they're selling the ewok on the market, so why not the last 2 HK bits that need the group runs, so I can collect my droid. I think Legacy 50 deserves that.

Thanks. :)

And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing is exactly that.

So now players will no longer have to grind and play the game... Heh.. game ruined. Sigh, sad to see a big developer like Bioware getting desperate and going to pay to win route.

Good luck. Keep doing it. Why not put those armorings, crafting materials, mods, etc on the Cartel Market! Let's make a petition! Woot

What you just said is highly inaccurate. Its not pay to win, I mean I know a lot of free to play people who have made it to 55 and are doing very well for themselves. I don't know why everyone seems to think subscribers are practically gods in this game, we are not. We do get some benefits but not enough to beat an f2p player or npcs with a magic subscriber victory button.

:confused:

how did you miss all the threads about the ewok?

we are getting it in 2.3

I quit for 7 months November 2012 (before HK) and i just recently came back a month ago. And I have forgotten where in these forums it shows the patch notes to come

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

So how many legacy points you need to get her??

What's the point of the legacy system if you can bypass it via the Cartel Market? I mean isn't that supposed to be the most important part of the game, the combined achievements of our characters that they leave behind for the history books?

If you remove legacy level restrictions from perks, you might as well just remove the legacy system altogether. Allowing people to bypass it via the Cartel Market makes the legacy system entirely pointless.

Or would you like the game to become this?

Satele: You now have to embark upon a dark journey, explore dozens of dangerous planets, confront unspeakable evil and save the galaxy from total annihilation!

Jedi Knight: I petition to defeat the Emperor via the Cartel Market!

Satele: :rak_03:

I'm legacy lvl 28, and i'm not happy that you can buy her with CC coins, a legacy lvl comp is a great idea, letting someone pay $5 instead of the 6+ months of sub needed is beyond stupid

Being subbed for 6 months does not automatically get you legacy 40.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

Well that is crap. It should still require legacy level regardless of what currency you use to get it! You are making features of your game meaningless and taking away from the uniqueness of the new companion. At least every HK I see I know they earned it since it requires the quest be done at least once. With this new companion you are showing it is only a cash grab nothing more.