petition for the ewok to be buyable via CC

astrobearx

If you can bypass a requirement by paying money, that is PAY 2 WIN. It may not be buying BIS gear, but by paying money, I can avoid that requirement I don' t like.

if you meant he requirement of legacy 40... WE DO NOT KNOW. No where has it been stated that with CC you can avoid the legacy 40 requirement. I hope that you can't and I will be upset along with you. But continueing this thread, repeating the same thing over and over again when we simply do not know either way... is pointless

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can bypass a requirement by paying money, that is PAY 2 WIN. It may not be buying BIS gear, but by paying money, I can avoid that requirement I don' t like.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. When you bypass something by paying real money, that is PAY 2 WIN. You are paying money to win that Ewok companion the easy way.

Assuming Ewok still retains that legacy requirement despite being available on the Cartel Market, that is different. people will still have to grind for that level.

Well we don't know yet but on the flip side of your argument , when I had characters on 2 servers , having two legacy's then losing a complete legacy when the forced server transfers happened , might warrant not being level 40 legacy to buy the Ewok off the cartel market. In my case I am level 50 ( now ) but if I was level 35 and having gone through losing a whole legacy from the lost server then I would be really annoyed. Anyways neither outcome are P2W at all.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

You have legacy 40, but a lot of people, including the OP do not, and that is why they want to be able to pay 2 avoid the time and effort required to get to legacy 40. PAY 2 WIN.

It is not Pay 2 Win:

_If people pay money and then instantly get legacy level 40 : this can be considered Pay 2 Win.

_What can you win with an extra companion? win in operation?win in flashpoint? in pvp? send extra companion for crafting ?(the limit is still 5 comps maxed).

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

sweet, ty eric. i know alot of dudes is gonna rage on me and call me lazy , entitle (prefix and suxfix), but i do think is is a great idea

It is not Pay 2 Win:

_If people pay money and then instantly get legacy level 40 : this can be considered Pay 2 Win.

_What can you win with an extra companion? win in operation?win in flashpoint? in pvp? send extra companion for crafting ?(the limit is still 5 comps maxed).

I'm assuming you don't have legacy level 40. If that's the case, lucky you. No need to grind since you will get the Ewok by paying real money? Yay.

_If people pay money and then instantly get legacy level 40 : this can be considered Pay 2 Win. (Isn't that the same as bypassing legacy level 40 to get an item that is meant to be unlocked in-game?)

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

Why bother making it a high legacy level if you are going to make it dirt common on the market?

Hey folks,

-eric

We should be able to obtain the companion via normal questing like all companions prior to HK. This charging for companions is crap.

I'm assuming you don't have legacy level 40. If that's the case, lucky you. No need to grind since you will get the Ewok by paying real money? Yay.

_If people pay money and then instantly get legacy level 40 : this can be considered Pay 2 Win. (Isn't that the same as bypassing legacy level 40 to get an item that is meant to be unlocked in-game?)

I'm already at legacy lv 50. And it depends on which items they get to be considered Pay 2 Win.

I want to stress this again: it's very easy to get high legacy level in Swtor . Pretty much everything you do in the game give you legacy exp:

_Operations.

_Flashpoints

_Warzones

_Daily

_Space combat

_Leveling alts

hey folks,

just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire treek via cartel market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their cartel coins if they wanted!

-eric

-1 LAAAMMMEEEE :mad:

Hey folks,

-eric

Boo.

Seriously, would it have killed you to put something in the game you can't bypass with cash.

When do I get to buy level 55 alts with Cartel Coins? After all, it's just speeding up the process.

Hey folks,

-eric

Boo, this is lamer than lame. Thanks for the slap in the face from all your long term players.

Ignore those complainers, Eric. People will always compain for something. Instead of being grateful they have an option to get this without spending cartel coins they choose to be whiny little girls.

Thanks for the verification!

And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing is exactly that.

So now players will no longer have to grind and play the game... Heh.. game ruined. Sigh, sad to see a big developer like Bioware getting desperate and going to pay to win route.

Good luck. Keep doing it. Why not put those armorings, crafting materials, mods, etc on the Cartel Market! Let's make a petition! Woot

Explain how obtaining a companion through cartel coins is PAY TO WIN? Also how is it an advantage since its just another companion with abilities your other companions have. Pay to win is when you have an advantage over another player....this is not one....DERP DERP

I can easily get 1 million in one hour. do quests, do dailies, and you will get your 1 million in an hour or two. Not a big deal.

No, it takes alot longer than 1 hr to get 1 mil from doing dailies sir. "Quests"...what quests? There is none at max lvl accept weeklies and dailies. I am not about to do all that work just for some pointless companion when I could use those hard earned credits for things I NEED such as crew skills/crafting.

Ignore those complainers, Eric. People will always compain for something. Instead of being grateful they have an option to get this without spending cartel coins they choose to be whiny little girls.

Thanks for the verification!

Yes, because people posting their opinions and concerns makes them complainers and whiners to immature egomaniacs like yourself.

Edited by DarthVengeant

This companion does nothing that your other companions can't do and offers you no advantage over other players in PVE or crafting. All she does is adds some variety to your current pool of companions and is, in essence, a cosmetic addition. I understand the disappointment among some players, but calling it pay-to-win is simply a sensationalist exaggeration.

Boo, this is lamer than lame. Thanks for the slap in the face from all your long term players.

You just knew someone was going to use "slap in the face." Maybe I missed an earlier one.

:rolleyes:

This companion does nothing that your other companions can't do and offers you no advantage over other players in PVE or crafting. All she does is adds some variety to your current pool of companions and is, in essence, a cosmetic addition. I understand the disappointment among some players, but calling it pay-to-win is simply a sensationalist exaggeration.

I'll just pile on and say "This."

Edited by branmakmuffin

And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing

is exactly that.

You really haven't the slightest idea what "Pay to Win" means, do you? This companion is purely cosmetic, 100% optional, and in know reasonable way can it be considered Pay to Win.

I can easily get 1 million in one hour. do quests, do dailies, and you will get your 1 million in an hour or two. Not a big deal.

Ahh, ok, I get it now. You're just here to troll. How sad.

Edited by fitetheforce

Explain how obtaining a companion through cartel coins is PAY TO WIN? Also how is it an advantage since its just another companion with abilities your other companions have. Pay to win is when you have an advantage over another player....this is not one....DERP DERP

LOL... wow... is it really hard to comprehend? YOU ARE BUYING to bypass the legacy level... how is that NOT pay to win?

how am i trolling when I've spent hours and have 6 toons at level 55? heh

To those who really like the idea of buying the Ewok on the cartel market, don't blame us if you have not reached level 40 legacy. Is that our fault? Us long term players have been playing and it's something at least that we can say we earned for spending so much time on the game.

The whole point of playing a game is to earn things in-game right? Not buy them on the Cartel Market to make our life easier and bypass the legacy level.

This is no different than the encrypted data cubes that they implemented.. and guess what? they're removing it. Heh. If this will really happen, who knows what they'll do next? Introduce a story content that requires people to grind but wait... here's a pass to unlock it on the Cartel Market.

Do you exactly get my point now as to why people are complaining about this?

Also what are the use of the Legacy levels if we can just go to the easy route? I understand if you just played the game a few months ago... but seriously

Edited by Mark-JPS

I really hope you'll still need legacy level 40 if you pay with CC.. Besides some titles and achievements, you don't really get anything for having legacy level 30+ Also means that preferred can buy Treek with CC, which makes subscribers feel not so special. But I guess 2.1 didn't give Bioware enough money :D

Hey folks,

-eric

Translation = Pay to win. Game is failing hard.

So once again, they show that the legacy system is completely useless and now just a tool to sell more stuff via cartel market.

Seriously the prices are massively inflated, require tons of play investment, but spend only a few cartel coins and you instantly skip all that. I got four lvl 55's and played since early access and still not legacy 40, and like alot of the legacy unlocks, I wouldn't be surprised to see that it's much more worth my time to just use my monthly cartel coin grant. Heck why not just let players buy intro end game/pvp gear with cartel coins since time invested is meaningless to you?

What is the purpose of legacy levels? We have asked for legacy rewards since it was added that made it worth even earning the levels, but you undercut it by letting people pay a small fee or use their monthly coin grants. Legacy is a sham that is now just an extension of the cartel market.

Putting giant price tags and time investment grinds on things and then just offering an instant gratification purchase cash option? Yup that is exactly running the pay 2 win line.

What is the point of having legacy levels or any form of long term achievement tracking system like it when you can just use your wallet to bypass it all? How soon till we can start just buying lvl 55 characters and gear?

Edited by PanzerKraken

You don't get it lol It's something for those people who SPENT their time leveling alts and their legacy. IF you don't have legacy level 40, don't blame us. But for someone who spent that much time, it should be a reward at least for everyones hard work.

There's no reason for Legacy levels to have any kind of meaning. They are purely cosmetic.

I'm not sure I agree with the idea of putting it on the CM, but it is nice to see an alternative to legacy levels and 1 million credits.