New "Bounty Hunter Event" isn't BH-exclusive?

Terin

I remember Jedi tears all over the forum about perma death and pretty much everything else what prevented them from becoming a Jedi Master because... for the sole purpose of stupid luck they should be rewared with the strongest class in the game which can take literally 10 people on with no problems.

Perma death in SWTOR might be interesting for class missions (except for that one time with Jadus). And yet I'm sure we'd still have people who beat Act 3 but were superbad:p:(:p

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate coming off as one of those people that complains about everything, but... shouldn't a "Bounty Hunter Event" be exclusive to the Class for which it is named; Bounty Hunters? Perhaps it is BH-only, I'm merely going by a few screenshots which seemed to showcase a Gunslinger fighting an enemy, which sort of implied that this event will be open to all players.

Granted, we have next to zero information on what this new Event entails, and I have no idea how much content is actually being added. However, it seems to sort of undermine the entirety of the Role-Playing aspect to have a literal Bounty Hunter class that isn't any more inclined to hunt bounties than a Jedi or Trooper would.

Again, though; I could be reading the situation entirely incorrectly. This is purely an assumption gleaned from a handful of screenshots, which themselves aren't even indicative of the final product. Still, it seems like something that could be potentially devastating to the immersion of the game, so I thought it worth bringing up.

I find it disturbing when someone cares more for others NOT having access then they do for new content... How will others enjoying the content ever have a negative effect on your game??? Go stand in a corner and be ashamed of yourself....

Edited by CrashDDL

I remember Jedi tears all over the forum about perma death and pretty much everything else what prevented them from becoming a Jedi Master because... for the sole purpose of stupid luck they should be rewared with the strongest class in the game which can take literally 10 people on with no problems.

You know, whining about your character being deleted seems kinda warranted compared to the trivial things BHs whined about.

I really hate coming off as one of those people that complains about everything, but... shouldn't a "Bounty Hunter Event" be exclusive to the Class for which it is named; Bounty Hunters?

No. Because naming a class Bounty Hunter was a stupid idea. Bounty hunting is something you do. Everbody can do it.

The class is called Bounty Hunter because Boba an Jango Fett are popular.

But hunting someone down can be done by Agents, Smuggler, even Jedi.

I would prefer an Operative-only event - so even Sniper couldn't do it.

:)

I'm honestly baffled you'd even consider that the event might be a class-specific one. Why would they exclude 7 of 8 classes? That... makes no sense at all. If the game had, I don't know, ten times its current population it might be viable to make a specific event for each class, but as it is...? No way.

The title is a bit misleading, but I can assure you, this is not class specific.

There would be a mass exodus, creating more financial pitfalls. EA is fully aware this would be a horrible business decision. This has, and always will be about the almighty dollar.

Not since the great Shoal Creek Golf Course incident of 1990 and the PGA tour :)

If you think that debacle changed every country club in the US, I've a bridge to sell you ;)

Plenty of invitation only clubs that conveniently haven't quite gotten around to inviting anyone who isn't a bona fide WASP yet.

Content is too slow coming as it is. Bioware does not have the resources to give an event to a singular class. Actually, I doubt any mmo has the resources to come out with an event designed for one class.

Man, some of you people are daft in the mind. A "Bounty Hunter Event" means just that....just like the "Gree Event". It's an event that revolves around bounty hunter things and items. Something any class can do. The galaxy is teaming with them you realize...

It is utterly obvious it is not for one class.

From a dev: New Recurring Event: Bounty Contract Week

Even though it’s part of Game Update 2.3 we are planning to start the Bounty Contract Week on August 13th. Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don’t worry – it will return next month! The event above was actually teased in our Community Meet & Greet last week and we’ll be sharing more details soon. Here is a snippet for now:

Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, Commendations, and Reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association.

let BHers actually bounty hunt.

You do that in your class mission/story.

Edited by DarthVengeant

To the OP set aside your concept of Bounty Hunters and focus on what the job actually entails.

Now consider characters from the Star Wars movies and EU that classes in ToR were based on as examples.

Darth Maul hunting Jedi and Queen Amidala.

Obi Wan and Anakin hunting Dooku and General Grievous.

Military special forces tasked to bring in or take down enemies of the state with overwhelming force (Havoc Squad).

Clandestine operatives tasked to bring in or eliminate enemies of the state through more subtle force (Mara Jade).

Boiled down it's all the same with different intent.

Edited by Hardwear

SWG would have been better off had they never entertained the idea of letting ANYONE be a Jedi. I loved playing the common pilot, merchant or soldier. There was no need for super-humans.

Before they released the game they said you would have a limited of 5 dark/ light jedi per side on each server max.... then christmas happened.....

You know, whining about your character being deleted seems kinda warranted compared to the trivial things BHs whined about.

It was a trade off for being by far superior compared to any other class and could have sparked an ongoing competition to be one of the 5 (see above comment) on your server. We all know what became of the complaining... jedi = starting class and lost any special thing apart from an optical glow stick. Congratz on that part... not to mention that bounty hunter couldn't even hunt jedi in the beginning because terminals wouldn't give out names and jedi player had a head start. They also cried all over the forum about losing xp due to a bugged sight view by npc which put them on the board but had no problems posing as padawan in bestine in from of the starport... .

If I remember correctly.... permadeath was only permanent if you would die more than 5x a week which was increased the higher you got and any jedi player always could log onto his second character to undo his fault.

Edited by Sziroten

still think they should make BHers a neutral class along with the smuggler and add new classes to both sides and let BHers actually bounty hunt LOL.

I second this. This game needs neutral classes. Although, that would be funky, what with not being able to chat across factions and whatnot.

Well, it doesn't serve anybody to reserve a voice of concern until it's already too late to do anything about it. I agree, it's probably not feasible to have an event based around every Class. However, I think it's hugely important to keep in mind that Bounty Hunters are, in fact, a Class unto themselves, and my knee-jerk concern is whether or not having an event in which everybody becomes a Bounty Hunter will leave the actual Class feeling kind of pointless.

This *thread* is pretty pointless. Every class in the game kills for credits. Every. Single. One.

Every quest you do, that has a 'kill x number of this or that' is a 'bounty'. It's a job you do, and get paid for, that involves the elimination of some number of beings.

So, the 'class unto itself' argument is simply invalid.

still think they should make BHers a neutral class along with the smuggler and add new classes to both sides and let BHers actually bounty hunt LOL.

This isn't SWG and that's a terrible idea for THIS game.

*Stuff was here* Still, it seems like something that could be potentially devastating to the immersion of the game, so I thought it worth bringing up.

Single-class would be far more devastating to our forum immersion, with 50 pages of griping per second.

Edited by Joesixxpack