The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

Beniboybling

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke severed Sidious from the Force... nuff said.

That was with combined might of Luke and Leia using Force Harmony technique. If it weren't for Leia's help, Luke may have died. Luke have never demonstrated the capability to cut of someone from Force during combat, if I recall correctly. Not to forget that Sidious had bested and broken Luke earlier.

Regardless, he achieved the Force potential of the Chosen One. And we all know that the Chosen One outranks just about everyone.

I am not sure how far Anakin can go on the basis of his natural midichlorian-count, but keep in mind that dark side is a path to unlimited power; something that is not possible through natural means.

Sidious himself realizes that Vader could have become more powerful than him if not for the mental and physical wounds he had suffered. Luke has that power, no restraints.

This was before DE, if I recall correctly.

Not sure what Revan has to do with this, as powerful as he is his power is eclipsed by that of Yoda. Revan could not overcome Vitiate because he simply was not powerful enough, but clearly he was more powerful than Nyriss.

You are underestimating Revan too much, I think. Hint given below.

Sidious' lightining is seriously fierce and IMO more powerful than Vitiate's and yet Yoda was able to overcome it. Indicating that at that stage he was more powerful in the Force than Sidious, but of course Sidious grew stronger.

Nope! Sidious haven't reduced any "individual of note" to charred smoking husk with his lightning. Those acolytes he destroyed are mooks in the big picture.

What exactly did Tulak Hord do? Learn to sap the Force energy of those he killed? The lowliest of Sith assassins of the Trayus Academy were capable of that. Yoda on the other hand has proved himself against Darth Sidious (and arguably overwhelmed him) as has had just as much time as Vitiate to delve deeply into the light side of the Force.

This;

"The great Tulak Hord once pulled a ship this size from the sky." (Khem Val to Sith Inquisitor, SWTOR)

To give you an idea, he was referring to a 4000 tons class cruiser.

Malgus would be the only contender here, given that it took the combined efforts of the Empire/Republic strike team to defeat him. So that knocks out Nox and the Emperor's Wrath.

Nox defeated Thanaton in single combat. Thanaton was "supremerly powerful in the dark side" (SWTORE) and was responsible for elimination of Sith Emperor's apprentice. Nox needed extraordinary supernatural capabilities to overcome Thanaton. Do the math.

Darth Traya while powerful, is outranked by Meetra Surik and Revan who in turn are outranked by Malgus at least in my humble opinion.

Traya is canonically more powerful then Meetra Surik (SWTCE). And Malgus was hesitant to attack Revan himself; he mentioned to the "Imperial Strike Team" that it was the only force capable of destroying Revan barring Sith Emperor. Do the math.

And in turn I think Malgus is more powerful than Marr.

Sure about this? Darth Marr is "a master of the Force" and have destroyed whole Republic armies singlehandedly as per information from the Republic's sources. (SWTORE).

Darth Thanaton can crawl back into the hole my Sith Inquisitor kicked him into and Darth Nihilus is only powerful because of the wound of the Force inside of him. Strip him of that and he is just a man.

Well? His prime condition should get recognition.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

*snip*
1. Luke may have been using Force harmony to bolster him, but severing one's connection to the Force is no mean feat by any stretch of imagination. Especially given the fact that Sidious was not in a weakened state. If Luke didn't have Leia's help I think he would have still bested him, just not severed his connection to the Force. And really, how many Force users can use sever Force on adversaries that they surpass? Few. And this was before he even reached his full potential.

2. The Chosen One has little to do with midi-cholorian counts - he was born of the Force. And really, I don't think you can have any more potential in the Force than that. Luke Skywalker realised that potential. I'd also advise that you don't accept the mantra's of the Sith so willingly, a Force user can achieve just as much power in the light as in the dark, if not more. It merely requires patience.

3. As far as I'm aware, Sidious' power in the Force did not significantly improve post-Endor. He was already vastly powerful before that and may have even discovered how to conjure Force storms. The Book of Sith points to this being the case.

4. I don't think I'm underestimating Revan at all. I certainly respect his power, but compared to Yoda? No. Else he would to would have been described as one of the most powerful Jedi in galactic history. Yoda eclipses him, he is that powerful.

5. And Vitiate has? Who has Vitiate reduced to charred husks? The DC would not count in this sense as it was either the product of ritual, or a manipulation of the weather, likely the latter. Nothing he could have reproduced in battle. And even then, I'd just raise you Force storms.

6. The words of Khem Val who is clearly obsessed with Tulak Hord is not exactly reliable evidence. However Yoda has pulled several C-9979 Landing craft from the sky and Val admitted that Darth Nox was a suitable replacement for Hord.

7. Nox needed the help of the Emperor's Wrath, Cipher 9 and the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt to take Malgus down who himself could wield Force maelstroms, the first step towards a Force storm. He also achieved Oneness with the dark side of the Force among other incredibly impressive feats. Do the math.

8. Malgus is a master of the Force as well, and by the same hyperbole would probably have been described as destroying armies single handedly. The only reason he was not on the Dark Council was because of his beliefs. I also don't recall Darth Marr offering to take the 'False Emperor' down.

9. And Thanaton, while powerful, just doesn't cut it.

1. Luke may have been using Force harmony to bolster him, but severing one's connection to the Force is no mean feat by any stretch of imagination. Especially given the fact that Sidious was not in a weakened state. If Luke didn't have Leia's help I think he would have still bested him, just not severed his connection to the Force. And really, how many Force users can use sever Force on adversaries that they surpass? Few. And this was before he even reached his full potential.

You are making lot of assumptions here. Luke have never reached Sidious's power level during his life; he did became a master of the Force but he was still natural. His combat skills are extraordinary and the Force have been with him. He might be arguably the most powerful Jedi but this doesn't suggests that he surpassed Sidious in power. Also, Leia possessed the knowledge of Force Harmony technique and she aided Luke with it to overcome Sidious. You cannot assume that Luke could use that technique alone to overcome Sidious; he have never demonstrated the capability to sever an individual's connection with the Force by himself. If he actually has, then show me an example besides this event.

Check this out: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100425182206/starwars/images/c/c3/Force-harmony.jpg

2. The Chosen One has little to do with midi-cholorian counts - he was born of the Force. And really, I don't think you can have any more potential in the Force than that. Luke Skywalker realised that potential. I'd also advise that you don't accept the mantra's of the Sith so willingly, a Force user can achieve just as much power in the light as in the dark, if not more. It merely requires patience.

The chosen one possessed the potential to become the most powerful Force-user ever but in natural category.

Have you forgotten what kind of power could be gained with the dark side? I guess so.

3. As far as I'm aware, Sidious' power in the Force did not significantly improve post-Endor. He was already vastly powerful before that and may have even discovered how to conjure Force storms. The Book of Sith points to this being the case.

Sidious himself informed Luke that he became significantly more powerful then his former-self after his resurrection; he proved his claim with his capabilities that he demonstrated during DE era.

34. I don't think I'm underestimating Revan at all. I certainly respect his power, but compared to Yoda? No. Else he would to would have been described as one of the most powerful Jedi in galactic history. Yoda eclipses him, he is that powerful.

Revan's story is still in progress. In recent canon, he has acquired the accolade of "Jedi Order's most powerful champion" which suggests that he is actually among the most powerful Jedi in galactic history; he have earned the capability to use both sides of the Force simultaneously to achieve oneness like condition during combat situations. He is a legend in the mythos with very impressive accolades on the whole. Meetra's assessment about him was that his command of the Force was superior to that of anyone else's she had met. Like it or not, Revan is among the elites of the mythos now.

5. And Vitiate has? Who has Vitiate reduced to charred husks?

This should give you a picture:

Vitiate >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nyriss (capable of reducing powerful individuals in to charred smoking husks). Common sense, bro.

It is not necessary that Sidious will outclass others in every talent of the dark side.

The DC would not count in this sense as it was either the product of ritual, or a manipulation of the weather, likely the latter. Nothing he could have reproduced in battle. And even then, I'd just raise you Force storms.

What?

6. The words of Khem Val who is clearly obsessed with Tulak Hord is not exactly reliable evidence. However Yoda has pulled several C-9979 Landing craft from the sky and Val admitted that Darth Nox was a suitable replacement for Hord.

Why not? He himself is canonically very powerful and he have been his apprentice. Tulak Hord's capabilities are being explained in the mythos through revelations from other characters who know about him. Hopefully we will learn more about this legendary Sith Lord in the future. Also, that complement to Darth Nox is a testament to his power; it doesn't devalues Tulak Hord.

And I am aware of that Yoda's feat; those crafts put together approach 3600 tons in weight.

7. Nox needed the help of the Emperor's Wrath, Cipher 9 and the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt to take Malgus down who himself could wield Force maelstroms, the first step towards a Force storm. He also achieved Oneness with the dark side of the Force among other incredibly impressive feats. Do the math.

I know all about Malgus; I have access to all sources featuring him. I am just pointing out some observations which indicate that he is possibly rivaled/surpassed by a few others in power in the Empire which should surprise no one.

8. Malgus is a master of the Force as well, and by the same hyperbole would probably have been described as destroying armies single handedly. The only reason he was not on the Dark Council was because of his beliefs. I also don't recall Darth Marr offering to take the 'False Emperor' down.

The fact that Darth Marr have survived in the Dark Council for several decades and became the de-facto leader of the Sith Empire after the fall of the Sith Emperor should teach you something. Also, it is not necessary that Marr have to go to the front-lines to accomplish every important task himself.

Furthermore, keep in mind that Sith Lords sometimes do not last even a month in the Dark Council.

9. And Thanaton, while powerful, just doesn't cut it.

It is futile exercise to argue against his canonical position and consequently that of Nox's. You are underestimating these Sith Lords without valid basis.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Just something I read on Leland Chee's twitter. Just recently, a question was posed to him about where the original Clone Wars stands. He says that the series is C-canon, unless there are discrepancies with the books (which favor the books).

Should I mention game mechanics require The Wrath, Nox, Cipher Nine, and the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt to be able to beat Malgus, meaning that canon is not set in stone.

It takes an ops team of 8-16ppl to kill Dread Master Styrak, Jarg and Sorno, or 3 Dread Guards. You can kill Jaric Kaedan on the ilum questline solo when he defeated all 6 Dread Masters together.

Would you agree that because it takes 8ppl to down Jarg and Sorno that they are canonically more powerful than Darth Malgus? No you simply would not. My 2cents.

Honostly if we are surely moveing on the 5 then Caedus has to take it since I still believe he deserves number 4 he is the only one other then the first 3 able to use more force energy then a body can allow (remember what I linked a while back beni its not Force valor he isn't pushing his body beyond its limitis he is pushing his Force abilities beyond the limits of a physical body) What all that means is he can do what Galen did with pushing a star destroyer with out passing out as he has trained himself to channel force energy beyond what a human body can withstand.

Edit: I will say that part of the reason I still think Vitiate should be way down the list is a comment from the ROTS Novel in which while fighting sidious Yoda thinks about how he had been preparing the jedi for the old sith the whole time and hadn't thought about the sith becoming more powerful then they ever were do to their infighting would always stop them in other words. Each of Yoda's masters were prepared for the old sith the way they fought and thought with their rituals and such but they weren't prepared for some one like sidious. In other words any one that was considered a combat master in Yoda's order was considered good enough to take on any one from their chronicles including the likes of Vitiate just FYI which is why I almost cant use any sith from before prequels as a candidate as its suggested that Kit Fisto, Plo Koon and several more masters could all defeat them.

Edited by tunewalker

Notice that i'm not considering godlike characters like the Emperor or Nihilus... I'm focusing on more canon characters, from the movies or the games most recognized as canonic, lore-wise.

1. Revan

2. Vader

3. Yoda

4. Sidious

5. Obi-Wan

6. Windu

7. The Exile

8. Kreia

9. Luke

10. Sion

Maul is missing, well i consider him as an extremely skilled saber-duelist but i never had the feeling of his strenght in the Force itself.

*snip*

1. Like I said, I'm aware that Leia used Force harmony to aid Luke, but only to sever him from the Force. What I said is that even without that advantage Luke could have defeated him, just not severed his connection to the Force. And regardless of whether aided or not, being able to sever the Force from any Force user is an incredible feat indeed. And nigh impossible if not in a weakened state, so regardless of whether Leia was aided by Luke or not you cannot deny that it is a testament to his power that he was able to achieve this against Darth Sidious who is literally the last person it would work against.

Regardless, we cannot really say for sure. Luke beat Sidious but with the aid of Leia, did he need Leia's help to defeat Sidious? After becoming stronger would he have been able to beat Sidious alone? We cannot say.

2. Your again making the assumption that somehow the dark side is more powerful than the light, or somehow 'unnatural'. Despite what the Sith may tell you this is not the case, the dark side and light side all stem from the same source, the Force, they are merely different manifestations of its power. They are both as natural as each other and necessary to keep the galaxy together and sustain life. A light sider can achieve just as much power as a dark sider, neither is more powerful than the other. As of yet no canonical statements have come to light that suggest the dark side is somehow more powerful. On the other hand the Mortis arc supports what I am saying. Most particularly when the Daughter and the Son battle each other, and none is either to overcome the other.

In such a sense, someone with the potential of the Chosen One is more than capable of become the most powerful Force user in existence. Luke Skywalker has the potential and he achieved it.

3. Now Sidious may have become more powerful, but then so Luke post DE when he become Grand Master.

4. Again, I'm not saying he's not powerful, he just does not compare to Yoda. Hence why Yoda would be able to absorb Vitiate's lightning and redirect it given that he managed to do the same against Sidious. I mean, just comparing Revan vs Vitiate and Sidious vs Yoda makes what I am saying quite clear.

5. So were saying that Nyriss is more powerful than Sidious now? I'm deeply confused because Nyriss only managed to reduce a couple of guards to charred husks, while Sidious reduced Dark Side prophets and a Sithspawn to charred husks. Oh and a Stormtrooper legion of over 8,000 men, with a single stream. So logically we would assume that Sidious would easily accomplish what Nyriss did. Simply put you have no grounds for assuming that Vitiate's lightning is more powerful than Sidious' while the Force storm (which is the highest manifestation of Force lightning) among other feats clearly implies otherwise. Lightning is Sidious' specialty.

6. Now about Tulak Hord, we no nothing about him and I'm sorry but the remarks made by Khem Val are far from reliable. How do you know he's not exaggerating (he's clearly enamored with the guy)? How could Val possibly remember the exact specifications of the ship? Memories can be blurry. How do we know exceptional circumstances were not involved e.g. it could have been falling already. How can we compare the vessels of the Old Republic era with those over 2,000 years ago? A comparison simply cannot be made.

7. If you really know about Malgus, then you'll know he's not surpassed by anybody on the Dark Council. Regardless, we do not possess the information to say otherwise. You talk about canonical basis but what canonical feats has Marr actually shown? A grasp of Force lightning, that 's about it. The same can be said for Thanaton, Nox and the rest. We simply have no basis to make assumptions.

The only real comparisons that can be drawn is that it took Darth Nox, the Emperor's Wrath, Cipher 9 and the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt to take Malgus down. Now Darkondo rightly points out the game mechanics need to be taken into account, but unlike operations, we have little reason think these events are not canon. Its a canon fact that Malgus was taken down by a strike team, regardless of whether that was Imperial or Republic it took the combined efforts of some of the most powerful people in the galaxy to take him down at the peak of there respective powers.

P.S. Where was it stated that Traya is more powerful than Meetra Surik? If this was the case, how was it that Meetra managed to defeat Traya at the center of her power? Its made fairly clear in KOTOR II that the apprentice surpassed the master, which is what Traya had intended all along.

Edited by Beniboybling

Am I the only one who think Mace is getting the shaft in this discussion? He did not lose the fight to Sidious, he was cheated. And saying Vapaad is a hindrance doesn't make sense, seeing how it is the most difficult form to master, and take incredible force focus and fighting passion.

Why is it assumed Sidious gave up on purpose to let Anakin win? Where anywhere in canon does it state that? Unless someone can show me, I'm going to assume that Anakin is the only reason Mace Windu did not completely stop the rise of the Sith empire in the PT.

Notice that i'm not considering godlike characters like the Emperor or Nihilus... I'm focusing on more canon characters, from the movies or the games most recognized as canonic, lore-wise.

1. Revan

2. Vader

3. Yoda

4. Sidious

5. Obi-Wan

6. Windu

7. The Exile

8. Kreia

9. Luke

10. Sion

Maul is missing, well i consider him as an extremely skilled saber-duelist but i never had the feeling of his strenght in the Force itself.

First Revan was never considered the most powerful, he's above average, but if he's in the top ten it's in the bottom half.

Second, Sidious is canonically the most powerful Sith ever, so he's above Vader, although I agree Vader is more powerful than Yoda.

Thirdly, Luke Skywalker is canonically the most powerful Jedi of all time (By the time he's grandmaster of the new Jedi order), and he's also canonically more powerful than Sidious, making canonically the most powerful force user of all Time.

Fourthly, Sidious, Vader and Luke are all more Powerful than Vitiate (Emperor) and Nihilus, so are by definition more godlike than characters you are omitting.

any way your Top three should be

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine)

3. Dart Vader

You might want to read some of the Expanded Universe Books, I mean this politely, they could expand your grasp of the arguement.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Am I the only one who think Mace is getting the shaft in this discussion? He did not lose the fight to Sidious, he was cheated. And saying Vapaad is a hindrance doesn't make sense, seeing how it is the most difficult form to master, and take incredible force focus and fighting passion.

Why is it assumed Sidious gave up on purpose to let Anakin win? Where anywhere in canon does it state that? Unless someone can show me, I'm going to assume that Anakin is the only reason Mace Windu did not completely stop the rise of the Sith empire in the PT.

I would exclude Windu because of Vaapad, here me out.

Yes Vaapad is not easy to master and its a testament to Windu's ability that he did - though it should be noted that you don't exactly have to be incredibly powerful in the Force to use it, just in control of yourself - however the fact remains that in the duel with Sidious he was using Sidious' strength combined with his own to overcome Sidious. In that way, the power is not his own. In a similar way I would not count Nihilus, because he too feeds of the power of others.

Anyway concerning who won, Sidious or Windu,

is very enlightening and I agree with his evaluation. Sidious let him win, he threw the fight, but the alternative was a fight that would have lasted exponentially.

Does this mean that if Anakin hadn't intervened, Sidious would have died? TBH I can't say, but it is an intriguing possibility.

EDIT: Actually, if Anakin had not intervened Sidious would probably have blasted them back or something and made an escape. He could probably jump out the Windu and survive using Force flight.

Edited by Beniboybling

Beni, the Revenge of the Sith novel and George Lucas both confirm that Windu won the lightsaber duel. It is also made clear that, had Palpatine used his Force powers, Mace would have lost. So Mace won in pure lightsaber combat, however, he won through the use of Vaapad and shatterpoint.

Beni, the Revenge of the Sith novel and George Lucas both confirm that Windu won the lightsaber duel. It is also made clear that, had Palpatine used his Force powers, Mace would have lost. So Mace won in pure lightsaber combat, however, he won through the use of Vaapad and shatterpoint.
Well yeah, I don't disagree with you that Windu won the lightsaber duel, and I don't think that video disputes that. Even if Sidious let him win he still won. I mean I really find it hard to believe that the master manipulator and tactical genius himself was outmaneuvered. And Sidious did use his Force powers, it didn't work...

But anyway I'd like to get this back on track by asking: how powerful exactly is Vader?

Lots of people seem to think he deserves No.5 or even No. 4 - even that Prof. Walsh dude. But he always seemed very much crippled to me...

Then again, I suppose we can't really judge him for not calling down lightining storms etc, because his suit literally prevented him from doing so. And he is 80% of Sidious power.

Thoughts? Should Vader get No. 5? Other contenders would IMO be either Plagueis, Exar Kun or Starkiller.

P.S. Did Starkiller actually beat Sidious on the Death Star? By that I mean did a pitched battle actually take place similar to that depicted in-game? Of course if it did Sidious would have let him win but its a testament to his ability that the battle happened in the first place. IMO while Vader is 80% of Sidious' power Starkiller is at least 85%.

Edited by Beniboybling

I'll stay on topic. :p

But anyway I'd like to get this back on track by asking: how powerful exactly is Vader?

Lots of people seem to think he deserves No.5 or even No. 4 - even that Prof. Walsh dude. But he always seemed very much crippled to me...

Then again, I suppose we can't really judge him for not calling down lightining storms etc, because his suit literally prevented him from doing so. And he is 80% of Sidious power.

Thoughts? Should Vader get No. 5? Other contenders would IMO be either Plagueis, Exar Kun or Starkiller.

P.S. Did Starkiller actually beat Sidious on the Death Star? By that I mean did a pitched battle actually take place similar to that depicted in-game? Of course if it did Sidious would have let him win but its a testament to his ability that the battle happened in the first place. IMO while Vader is 80% of Sidious' power Starkiller is at least 85%.

Vader pulled a fully loaded Y-Wing out of the sky. He willed himself back to life. He destroyed a cathedral with the Force. He has the capability for mental assaults, even mind control. And a whole bunch of other stuff.

I think he beats Plagueis out for number 5.

Starkiller didn't fight Sidious in the novel, and I don't know how the two stack up. I assume that it would be like the original Clone Wars, where discrepancies favor the books. However, he did defeat Darth Vader, so he's a stronger contender for number 5.

Vader pulled a fully loaded Y-Wing out of the sky. He willed himself back to life. He destroyed a cathedral with the Force. He has the capability for mental assaults, even mind control. And a whole bunch of other stuff.

I think he beats Plagueis out for number 5.

Starkiller didn't fight Sidious in the novel, and I don't know how the two stack up. I assume that it would be like the original Clone Wars, where discrepancies favor the books. However, he did defeat Darth Vader, so he's a stronger contender for number 5.

I think I'll put affinity with Force lightning aside, as that can't really be compared.

Plagueis was, a master of the dark side. That much can be said. Let's remember that his Force waves have the power to atomize his opponents. He could also turn anything into a deadly projectile with a clap of his hands. I think that rivals if not surpasses Vader's telekinetic feats. Which while incredibly precise are not as powerful.

Plagueis also has a considerable level of telepathic ability and ability in illusions etc, he was even able to deceive Sidious. I think that would at least match Vader's ability in mental assaults.

Plagueis has also suffered grievous injuries and managed to keep himself alive and obliterate his opponents.

That said, Plagueis is more of a scholar and I doubt his Force waves would do much damage against a more powerful Force user e.g. Vader. On the other hand Plagueis was supposedly capable of defeating Sidious before he reached the pinnacle of his power. Not sure were I stand on that one.

But Starkiller? Well Vader pulled a Y-Wing out of the sky, I raise you a Star Destroyed (yes it was falling but its a gosh darn Star Destroyer!) He's also caught TIE-fighters in mid flight and pulled them out of the sky. His telkinetic abilities seemed to outdo those of Vader's which was evident in their duel on the Death Star in which Marek batters him into submission. And Starkiller even survived the hard vacuum of space despite having no protection and a gaping hole in his abdomen.

And while we can't make a comparison concerning Force lightning, it should be noted his ability was profound.

I'd also mention how he used tutanimis to absorb Darth Sidious' own lightning ramped of to maximum voltage. Something only Yoda was capable of doing

EDIT: In fact, and the Wookiee description is hazy, Marek actually redirected Sidious' Force lightning though it killed him. That is very impressive.

As for Exar Kun... without the power of his amulets and dark side nexus I doubt he could match that.

P.S. If Sidious vs Marek did not take place? Then what happened? I ask this because Wookieepedia depicts the event as happening, and because its a necessary plot device for the whole 'give in to your anger' thing.

Edited by Beniboybling

Darth Nihilus needs to be on this list for sure !

He sucked planets dry of life , helds a ship together that was falling apart and severed Traya for a short time from the force and could have killed her if he liked .

Holding a ship together constantly , that is amazing in itself . Taking a Living Planet and making it barren ..............

The guy was not just a force user but a constantly moving force that consumed planets .

People on here are talking about Forceusers ripping ships out the skies , Nihilus held a ship together and one of the largest ones of his time.

Darth Nihilus needs to be on this list for sure !

He sucked planets dry of life , helds a ship together that was falling apart and severed Traya for a short time from the force and could have killed her if he liked .

Holding a ship together constantly , that is amazing in itself . Taking a Living Planet and making it barren ..............

The guy was not just a force user but a constantly moving force that consumed planets .

People on here are talking about Forceusers ripping ships out the skies , Nihilus held a ship together and one of the largest ones of his time.

We've discussed this, and decided he would not make the list. Because essentially he is just a man, but 'attached' if you like to a wound in the Force which gives him all his power. He feeds on the power of others, he does not generate his own. Strip him of that and he's not so powerful at all.

P.S. If Sidious vs Marek did not take place? Then what happened? I ask this because Wookieepedia depicts the event as happening, and because its a necessary plot device for the whole 'give in to your anger' thing.

Sidious is torturing Kota with Force lightning and Starkiller distracts him with telekinetically thrown debris. That's when the whole "he's beaten" thing starts. Then Sidious goes back on the offense and attacks Kota, which is when Starkiller intervenes.

Starkiller does not redirect Sidious' lightning in the novel. He took the brunt of the assault and was nearly killed by it. It would seem pure adrenaline was all that kept him going, or we can be sappy and say he did it for the cause. (JK)

So I don't know where they get the idea that he redirected Sidious' lightning.

We've discussed this, and decided he would not make the list. Because essentially he is just a man, but 'attached' if you like to a wound in the Force which gives him all his power. He feeds on the power of others, he does not generate his own. Strip him of that and he's not so powerful at all.

So you are saying without knowing what this entails that you are taking away the Fact he held a ship together also ?

Sorry but things happen , it was apart of him and while it was giving to him by events , it was apart of him and he does generate it . Are we now going to down play Meetra as well .........

Scourage feed on others hate , it made him stronger , this would not matter either ? Vitate used others mortality to increase his own , hes on the list.

If he did not do this , he would have died long long ago and his only achievement would not have mattered in the grand view .

Nihilus while his power might be from others , was his by the taking and he used it and knew how to . Just as he knew how to wield a lightsaber or sever one from the force .

Surely not all just things that came naturally but had to be learned .

Not to mention he severed Traya from the force , a person you all consider in a higher light and even could have killed her if he felt like it.

To say he was pure hunger like Traya put him as , would be sadly wrong as he seemed to be able to make judgements on what he was doing . If he was just hunger Traya would have been dead much like Scion wanted .

Edited by mefit