The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

Beniboybling

I don't know about number 4. He's a strong contender, but I think he would fit in at number 5.

I could probably counter that quote with a quote from Jedi vs. Sith. Or supplement it. Depends on the context. In Jedi vs. Sith, Sidious states that Vader was able to kill him, but was not powerful enough to succeed him. I'll post the actual quote in just a hot second (:p)

Edit: Here it is.

Thank you Aurbere, was kind of searching blind for th quote since I don't have DE on hand, but glad you found it.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice, and actually it does kinda fall in line with Vader being 80% of Sidious' power. So it stands to reason, that Vader was at least strong enough to kill him at some point.

Well, Vader was strong enough to kill him, but I think we can all agree that Vader wouldn't be able to win a straight up fight. However, Sidious considered Vader a threat during the early years of his Sith apprenticeship.

I still don't think it can be done. Top 5? Maybe, but 10 is incredibly difficult. Look how difficult it's been to get a Top 5 going. Top 10 has a ton of characters to choose from.

But back to number 4, I think Thon or Nomi Sunrider should be options, they can both use some of the most powerful abillities out there.

Well I wasn't expecting us to get the whole list filled. Just interested to see what would happen if we combined our efforts to make a list rather than tossing our own into a pile. We shall see.

But the reason I said Jedi/Sith would be easier is because, well there are only 30 odd Sith that I would even consider as candidates, and the Rule of Two makes things a whole lot easier, and its much easier to rank Jedi as we can focus on a single organisation that often ranks itself.

Anyway I didn't expect this to be over in a few days, but on ongoing project. There are a lot of powerful Force users out there, but once we get them in our heads comparing Force ability is the more easy.

To be honest, Vitiate may have more power than Exar Kun, but I don't think he could defeat Exar Kun. Regardless, since we aren't saying who would beat who, I guess Vitiate is the more powerful. I'll throw you a bone there.

But then, there are other contenders for the number 4 spot. Really, the only thing Vitiate has going for him is mind domination. He's lacking in most other areas.

Well aside from mind controlling abilities he does possess an obvious affinity with Force lightning as well as being arguably the most accomplished Sith sorcerer in galactic history. He's easily the most powerful Sith in the Sith Empire and only the Jedi Order's most powerful Jedi could confront him (while in a weakened state.)

And he consumed an entire planet and the life force of 8,000 Sith which must have given him a considerable boost to his already considerable power.* And as Wolf has proved that Exar Kun is quite a bit more dependent on amulets and dark side nexuses.

I'm not sure Nomi Sunrider would compare, she was certain powerful and held in high regard by Beldorion. But a pack of Hssiss was enough to keep her busy... I'd rank her on a similar level to Meetra Surik, who took on a pack of Hssiss by herself. And as for Thon, while powerful, he did struggle with those dark side spirits on Ambria of whose presence in the dark side Vitiate greatly outweighs. I don't think we can put too much weight on the words of a Hutt Jedi... he never displayed that great strength in the Force. Again I'd place him around Surik's level.

*Though I would point out, and this is just a theory, I don't think Vitiate was all that powerful to begin with. Just crazy in touch with Sith magic. But then he consumed a planet, and well yeah.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well, Vader was strong enough to kill him, but I think we can all agree that Vader wouldn't be able to win a straight up fight. However, Sidious considered Vader a threat during the early years of his Sith apprenticeship.
I think Vader would definitely be on the list, but would be outranked by the likes of Exar Kun and Vitiate who were willing and able to embrace their power fully and hone that power because of it. Vader on the other hand held himself back.

I'd place Vader at first. Potentially only second to Palpatine.
Well canon aside I can't see that happening, else why would Sidious have sought out a new apprentice i.e. Galen Marek AKA the more powerful Force user who doesn't have subconscious problems?

I think Marek de facto outranks Vader. Maybe not the Chosen One, but definitely mentally and physically crippled Vader.

We forget the obvious Darth plageis even sidious couldnt face him in battle.

plag no 4

Plagueis has been in the back of my mind. He was powerful, but let's remember that he was only on a similar level to Sidious when killed, after that Sidious grew a lot stronger.

But yeah, he's powerful. But I don't think he's as powerful as the Sith Emperor. But I'd definitely rank him above the likes of Thon, Nomi Sunrider, Caedus, Kyp Durron etc. and on a similar level with Exar Kun.

He'd be a serious contender for No 5.

Caedus gets number 4 as defacto do to this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus

"Solo could exercise powerful mental influence through the Force, compelling even powerful Force-users to obey him against their actively resisting will" Just like Vitiate

"he could use exceptionally tightly-focused telekinesis to move air molecules rapidly, heating them and creating a glow, and to slow water molecules enough to cause them to freeze" Young age shows aptitude for alter envirment.

Battle Meld

Could erect force barriers at a young age

learned flow walking

was skilled enough with energy manipulation that he could deflect blaster bolts with his bare hands unlike most people who just dissipated it

had electrical judgement even before going darkside

controlled diseases

and most importantly the end all be all of this

"Solo and Skywalker developed ways to sustain use of the Force at levels beyond the safe capacity of the body to channel for spurts in which overwhelming use of the Force was needed"

he could use force power greater then a human body would normally be able to withstand his body would still be damadged by such a use but so was Sidious's when he used a similar ability to create his powerful force storms and not pass out from it something that almost everyone you've named as a candidate for 4 beni couldn't do they were limited by their bodies Caedus was not.

And honestly all of that is the tip of the ice burg honestly just the one line above should say a lot it means any force user that ever needed a body needed to be able to do what its very clear Luke Sidious and yoda were able to do by surpassing the bodies limits to channel more force power.

Vitiate while not having a body also does not seem capable of acting outside a voice so it still technically needs a body he is just able to spirit transfer similar to that of sidious but that doesn't make him powerful and he his voice was still beaten by 2 people already (its unclear how close to full strength they were we know the one defeated by the hero of tython was weakened.)

Edited by tunewalker

My list is up until the point were we are now in EU.

3 Jaina. She lives longer then Caedus thus will be more powerful.In EU only Luke is more powerful.

4. Ben Skywalker. He is alredy very poweful at 18 and only grows stronger.

5. Jacen//Caedus. In Legacy Luke was the only one at that time who knew he could deafeat Caedus.

6. Yoda.

7. Anakin

8. Mace Windu

8. Revan

9. Satele

10.Malgus

Vader should actually be nr 3 as he is the 2 most powerful Sith of all time but i made the list from 45 ABY.

Reason Vitiate is not on here because he was never a lighsaber dualist,dont think he could even wield one and

he was not Even a Sith lord. All he had in EU was the ability to influence minds and some strength in the force.

And as proven in this game he was not poweful.

There are others like Mara Darth plageis , Bane,Zannah etc that was very strong in the force and it's hard to choose after 4 but have to choose as i see them in canon.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Reason Vitiate is not on here because he was never a lighsaber dualist,dont think he could even wield one and

he was not Even a Sith lord. All he had in EU was the ability to influence minds and some strength in the force.

And as proven in this game he was not poweful.

Lightsaber duelling skills don't come into this may I say, this is just about Force ability.

Also, he was made a Sith Lord my Marka Ragnos at the age of 13. And to counter tunewalkers quotes:

...at the age of six. He used his newfound powers to snap his adoptive father's neck with a thought...

...When he confronted his real father, the Sith Lord Dramath, at the age of ten, Tenebrae was able to strip the man of both his sanity and his power in the Force...

...Tenebrae's power at the age of thirteen was great enough for Marka Ragnos, the current Dark Lord of the Sith, to acknowledge the teenager's strength and grant him the title of Lord Vitiate...

At the age of ten, he is able to challenge the power of a Sith Lord, and overcome him with frightening ease.

... He soon gained an immense knowledge of Sith sorcery, becoming one of the most powerful practitioners of both Sith magic and alchemy throughout history, and devised complex rituals to warp reality and life itself...

...he was able to dominate the minds of eight thousand Sith Lords and bind them to his will...

...He then used their combined power to perform the most complex ritual of Sith magic ever performed, ripping the Force from the entire planet of Nathema and absorbing the combined life force of every living thing on the surface...

He absorbs the life-force of an entire planet, which not only makes him immortal but allows him to feed of the spirits of those he absorbed to empower him in a similar way to Darth Nox and his Force walking. That's the power of spirits 8,000 Sith Lords at this fingertips.

...he technique of transfer essence allowed him to move his consciousness, which had been made immortal as a result of the ritual on Nathema, between bodies and sustain his life indefinitely...

...The Emperor's rituals on Dromund Kaas warped the planet's very atmosphere, creating perpetual lightning storms...

... Lokess' eleven co-conspirators died in a flash of light on the Citadel steps...

When a incarnation of the Dark Council decided to overthrow him (the 12 most powerful Sith Lords in the Sith Empire second only to the Emperor himself) they were destroyed before they even reached him. Given that it is said to have been done 'in the midst of a violent storm' it is likely that he manipulated the environment to call down a devastating lightning strike. Without even being present.

...The Emperor summoned nine members of the Council, seven of whom were loyal and two who were conspirators, to his chambers in the Citadel and killed them...

Then he does it again. Nine of the most powerful Sith Lords in the galaxy at that time, wiped out without a fight.

I doubt Caedus could even begin to attempt any of these feats, or any other Sith other that Darth Sidious himself for that matter. And that's without mentioning the fact that Vitiate is more powerful than any other Sith in the Empire and the Dread Masters only deemed him worthy of their obedience.

People seem to dismiss his ability to dominate the minds, however to overcome the will of another is an exceptional ability indeed. And how does he do this? By effectively drowing them in dark side power. We have to remember that mind tricks don't work on Force users, and this is not simply mind trick. Effectively he's just overwhelming them with raw power. If any who he dominated in such a way were stronger him, it simply would not work. So by dominating the will of 8,000 Sith Lords. Well it speaks for itself.

And he has shown exceptional feats in other fields as well.

he could use force power greater then a human body would normally be able to withstand his body would still be damadged by such a use but so was Sidious's when he used a similar ability to create his powerful force storms and not pass out from it something that almost everyone you've named as a candidate for 4 beni couldn't do they were limited by their bodies Caedus was not.
This does not mean he doesn't need a body, but could go above and beyond what his body could take.

Regardless we have to remember that Vitiate is immortal, because he has the spirits of 8,000 Sith and an entire planet to draw on, so I'd say that allows him to go above and beyond as well. And even with his body destroyed, he was able to collapse the Dark Temple Throne Room.

I'd also point out that a lot of Jedi are able to use Force valor, to push their bodies beyond its capabilities. This is a staple-point of Ataru users. And Sith can used Force rage in a similar manner, Vader and Malgus being prime examples of this.

what about kenobi i mean he did defeat vader on mustafar and held him off on the death star
I wouldn't say he cuts the list, I mean he only defeated Vader because of his arrogance and inabilty to control his new found power and while powerful he wasn't that powerful.

.The Emperor summoned nine members of the Council, seven of whom were loyal and two who were conspirators, to his chambers in the Citadel and killed them...

Then he does it again. Nine of the most powerful Sith Lords in the galaxy at that time, wiped out without a fight.

I doubt Caedus could even begin to attempt any of these feats,

First of all Vitiate is weak, there i said it, he had to go run of and hide otherwise the jedi masters would kill him,second most "sith in this timeline was weak compared to movie area, this is a fact canon fact. Third Drew always try to make his sith lords in the novels more bad ***, guess he has a complex.Dont even try to compare that weak fool to the strength of the skywalkers or Solo kids.Also the novels after the movies is way more canon then old republic area.Pretty sure no one at lucasfilm even cares about reading them before they are approved.

Only 1 real Sith with strength in this games timeline and that is Malgus.It's ok to be a Vitiate fan but dont even try and claim things as fact because you like him.

George lucas the master have clearly said that the force users in later timelines is more powerful then old times.Also the hight of Sith power came from Bane up until Sidious.Every sith from Bane became more

poweful, can u imagine how poweful Sidious was compare to any of the sith in this tiimeline.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Beni I still don't see why you think Galen is over Vader, when he beat a Vader who still had years left to go and get better. Then the 2nd time, fighting against his clone who had the same abilities and also being roughly the same in power(if not stronger) and beating him while only losing due to not wanting to kill the clone and a surprise attack on a weak point that wasn't even caused by him.

If you are just gonna base it off because Vader had mental problems and Galen didn't, that is kinda a poor way to choose.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Beni, you do Thon an injustice. Thon was handling the Sith spirits, but they were eventually wearing him down (which isn't a point against him considering that they are spirits). Thon then trapped the spirits as well as Ambria's residual dark side energy at Lake Natth in one of the most extreme applications of Force Light ever seen.

Maybe not Vitiate level, but certainly powerful in his own right.

Something interesting I found in the Revenge of the Sith visual dictionary. It notes that Yoda felt the return of the dark side two centuries prior to the movies. This places him around the 700 years mark. As noted in the Jedi Path, Yoda can only lift 5 of the 6 Muntuur Stones after passing age 700.

Is it simply age? Or was Yoda's connection to the Light Side so strong that the return of the Dark Side affected him so greatly? I'm leaning towards simple aging.

Beni I still don't see why you think Galen is over Vader, when he beat a Vader who still had years left to go and get better. Then the 2nd time, fighting against his clone who had the same abilities and also being roughly the same in power(if not stronger) and beating him while only losing due to not wanting to kill the clone and a surprise attack on a weak point that wasn't even caused by him.

If you are just gonna base it off because Vader had mental problems and Galen didn't, that is kinda a poor way to choose.

Because Vader was trumped twice by Force abilities. Galen outclasses him in terms of TK else Vader would have fought back. A few years on Vader may have improved in lightsaber ability... but Force ability. Not a chance, not unless he overcome his mental restraints.

And I'm basing this off actual power not potential, Vader has great potential, but was limited by his broken mind. He was incapable of fully embracing the dark side, this much has been stated.

And really, Marek has simply shown more impressive feats pertaining to the Force. The only thing Vader has going for him is telekinesis - which was considerable - but then Marek trumped that by redirecting the flight path of a gosh darn Star Destroyer.

Because Vader was trumped twice by Force abilities. Galen outclasses him in terms of TK else Vader would have fought back. A few years on Vader may have improved in lightsaber ability... but Force ability. Not a chance, not unless he overcome his mental restraints.

And I'm basing this off actual power not potential, Vader has great potential, but was limited by his broken mind. He was incapable of fully embracing the dark side, this much has been stated.

And really, Marek has simply shown more impressive feats pertaining to the Force. The only thing Vader has going for him is telekinesis - which was considerable - but then Marek trumped that by redirecting the flight path of a gosh darn Star Destroyer.

Well he never really redirected it, just merely slowed its descent. But Marek showing more impressive feats? Vader Force Choke Xizor light years away on hologram, how is that not more impressive compared to that or at least to that scale?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

3. Yoda

4. Mace Windu

5. Anakin

6. Dooku

7. Obi-wan

8. Maul

9. Qui-Gon Jinn

10. Ki-Adi-Mundi

Just my list.

I understand that Dooku defeated Obi-Wan twice... But Obi-Wan defeated Anakin pretty handily... I mean... He had the high ground!