Patient Zero /ragequit?

Chimeran

Same... I don't remember him, he may not have left me impressed. Can someone write in a spoiler tag who was he, again ?

It's not a spoiler. Cameo from KOTOR. He's the progenitor of the rakghoul plague. That is, the first infected who originally spread the pandemic. Though engineered by another.

Edited by Navystylz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing "interrupt his heal", or "interrupt when he summons adds"

So far as I can tell, I haven't reached a point where his heal is being used or any summon is happening to interrupt. His passive health regeneration is enough to keep me from taking him below 90%. So there's nothing to interrupt here, I just can't outpace is passive regen, which unless I am horrendously under-geared (possible, but unlikely- I'm sporting about 90% Makeb commendation mods in my gear) seems pretty unfair to me.

The fact that there seems to be a sizable group of people from both the "this is bugged" and "dunno what you're talking about, this was cake' crowd only suggests to me that encounters with this guy are apparently wildly inconsistent.

Doing this with a decently-geared Shadow tank, so it's not like damage is exactly my specialty here. There are a few pieces of gear I suppose I could upgrade slightly, but I don't see where that's really going to make enough difference to outpace his regen.

I've tried swapping my companion to a damage/heal stance, but that just gets me slaughtered quicker- which is pretty counterproductive to my goal of killing him first, and also makes the prospect switching to a damage-only companion exceedingly unwise.

Not saying the crowd who had no issue is lying. I'm sure they're not, just as sure as I am that the Patient Zero I'm standing in front of right now is apparently unbeatable. If there's a difference here it doesn't seem to be gear, and it certainly isn't strategy.

Give me something to interrupt and I will. But I can't even get him to a point where that's even an issue.

Edit: Were you in a group when you entered the instance? (But your group members weren't with you?) I heard that that can cause the instance to scale according to the number of players in your group, which would make the content significantly harder.

I thought he was ridiculous as well till i realised this was my problem. Had to drop group, exit area and reset quest. Was simple after that.

Edited by shackboredguy

I'm having a serious issue on my dps alt. Had no problem on my tank when I did it the 1st time. But now I bring him to half his health and then I die in 2 seconds, no matter what companion I use or how many stims and heals I burn through. Used heroic moment 3 times and I still die. And I'm in gear that's at least 140 and my level is 55. I can't do ths fight at all. Edited by Nalebranc
Mispelled words

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. His passive health regen is so high that I can't beat him. If I'm not constantly attacking, his health regens to 100% within seconds. But if I am constantly attacking, my healing comp can't keep me alive on his own.

Letting dps or tank companions go at him while I heal them doesn't work either. They can't damage him fast enough to counteract his passive regen.

Had lots of trouble with it lol I just got my wife to beat it :p

What cracks me up more is the fact BioWare believes every tom, dick and harry NPC should be a match for a Sith Lord, from a slave to lifter droid. I look to get killed by a disabled maintenance man using a broken mop soon.

Same here. His passive health regen is so high that I can't beat him. If I'm not constantly attacking, his health regens to 100% within seconds. But if I am constantly attacking, my healing comp can't keep me alive on his own.

I've done him with:

Operative Healer

Assassin DPS

Powertech Tank

Juggernaut Tank

Commando DPS

Sentinel DPS

He was a breeze on any char/companion combo that could output high DPS. He was nigh impossible on any char/companion combo that failed to put out high dps. I've not used my healing companion on any of these 6 fights. On tanks and healer I used a DPS companion. On DPS I used a tank companion. Health is just another resource in a fight, spend it.

Letting dps or tank companions go at him while I heal them doesn't work either. They can't damage him fast enough to counteract his passive regen.

Were you in a group when you got the Seed that allowed you to start this part of the mission series? Because even weeks later the game will be convinced that you're 2-4 manning it and respond accordingly.

Yeah, this one scales to group size, not level (I believe it tells you this in big red letters as you enter the instance). I did it at Level 55 (after levelling and gearing up a bit because he kicked my *** the first time I tried it). My levelling up definitely didn't make it harder, it was much easier the second time around.

If you aren't and never were in a group, maybe it is a bug that makes the game think that you are?

Edited by PLynkes

I had issues with this guy too. Compared to all the other elites I've been soloing this guy was insanely difficult. I'm playing a Jedi Consular in Seer spec. The key to beating him was to switch to a DPS companion in order for the DPS to outpace his passive healing. Then I had to use heroic moment to supplement my healing because otherwise I couldn't heal myself faster than he could damage me. Also I AoEed his adds down ASAP. He went down, but this fight was much tougher than any other solo fight I've encountered so far.

I think there could be an issue with him. I went in with another player on my Guardian Tank, the other player was a sentinel who was having a hard time, he was a little under geared while I was in 4 pieces of augged partisan gear and the rest Makeb mods & augged, all geared towards tank spec. I had Doc healing in full Tionese & Columini gear (I've been away for a while :p). Anyway were going through making short work of the instance and we get to Patient Zero, and we just can't get him under like 80%. To me, every time he gets low he disappears for a second and pops back out of his chamber, meanwhile the Sentinel is telling me I have to interrupt his heal, I never once saw a cast bar show up during the whole fight, very odd.

I also was being hit very hard, I used all my CD's and my heroic moment and Doc could barely keep me up, while he is tough I think I was more than geared enough to handle him and I spent most of the fight between 15 and 35% health. I never saw the group content warning myself, though it was not my quest, maybe the person doing the quest got it.

My guess is it's scaling to group size wrong, to whatever it was when picked up, and failing to show cast bars to some players, resulting in big channeled abilities not being interrupted and a very difficult encounter. My $.02 for what it's worth.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, something is odd here. I just attempted it with my level 53 Jedi Consular. So far I've had very little problem healing and with Nadia Grell basically ripping a new one for anyone we fight. But I fought Patient Zero three times now and bit the dust. The first time I almost had him but got careless and let Nadia die. I spent too much time looking for my Revive icon and that was the end for me.

The second two times were weird. Halfway through the fight, he became pretty much invulnerable. I didn't see Patient Zero cast anything, but Nadia was doing no damage to him. She was in turn taking way too much damage even though I had a bubble on her and was healing like crazy. The same thing happened the third time. Fight was going normally, he's taking damage, then all of a sudden it seem he couldn't be touched.

I think there could be an issue with him. I went in with another player on my Guardian Tank, the other player was a sentinel who was having a hard time, he was a little under geared while I was in 4 pieces of augged partisan gear and the rest Makeb mods & augged, all geared towards tank spec. I had Doc healing in full Tionese & Columini gear (I've been away for a while :p). Anyway were going through making short work of the instance and we get to Patient Zero, and we just can't get him under like 80%. To me, every time he gets low he disappears for a second and pops back out of his chamber, meanwhile the Sentinel is telling me I have to interrupt his heal, I never once saw a cast bar show up during the whole fight, very odd....

Edited by Loseriticus
accidentily hit entered while typing

I didn't red whole tread, but those scale not only with your level, but also with your group... if you are grouped but only 1 enter instance - huge pain I see in this one.

We tried once, group of 4 ... I have entered instance alone and was barely able to get to PZ ... it was hitting like a train - killed me before I got it to 90%.

Done it without group, done it with group of 2, 3 & 4 ... it scales.

I can solo level 55 champs but can't kill this level 53 elite.... Yeah ok SWTOR.

Patient Zero is bugged, how can any level 53 elite mob self heal faster than a fully geared level 55 and companion can dps.

Something stinks here and it ain't me.

Interrupt, interrupt and most importantly INTERRUPT. Stop him from healing and he is not as hard.

When is this fight? I can't seem to remember it.

It's in Raid the Arkanum quest, part of the seeker droid or macrobinoculars quest line (don't remember which one).

Back when I first fought him I died once, then I adjusted my approach (including changing companion) and got him down. But yes, I can see that people might have problems beating him.

• 2 weeks later...

After an hour of trying to solo him with my lvl 54 Jedi Sage/Nadia (my highest dps companion) continuously dying and running out of funds to repair my armor, I've got to call it quits on this boss for now. I just can't DPS it fast enough being a straight healing spec.

I'm guessing that every single person who keeps saying "Interrupt his heals" has never actually done this fight, or is simply an internet troll, because he doesn't have a heal. Instead, he has a continuous regen that is unable to be interrupted, slowed, or stopped. (Or at least, my interrupts don't work on him anyway.) The best I've done, is to get him down to a third of his health, at which point he spawns multiple adds which annihilate either Nadia or myself, depending on who's picked up his agro at the time. I can usually take those out with two force quakes, but can't switch to healing Nadia or myself fast enough to keep us alive. If I try to ignore them, it's the same result. Force slow doesn't work on him at all apparently, and instead seemed to speed up his flurry of attacks to the point I couldn't keep Nadia alive. Anyone have any suggestions for what strategies/moves/companions work best for doing enough damage to finish him off? I've not been able to find a good strategy online for handling him yet. (HK's on a mission right now, so can't try him for another hour or so.) I may eventually try this mission again one day, but for now, I must respectfully withdraw as it's simply impossible for my character to solo right now.

• 2 weeks later...
I think there is a bug if you where in agroup and one of your compagnions stand outsite the room.

If he try to attack that compagnion, he resets.

It is not a bug, it is jump & run issue - companions doesn't jump.

Most bosses reset if player/group go outside their "spawn" zone.

You have to jump, dismiss & summon before entering "spawn" zone.

Well, patient zero is a weird opponent. I have a 55 lvl mercenary. No quick cool down interrupts. so interrupting him isn't a good option. Got tired of paying to repair gear so have been experimenting against him with mako and I in our underwear. Oddly a bunch of stuff, like tracer missile still works but seems to do no damage. The no damage makes sense but I am kind of surprised it works at all. Some other things, like concussion missile seem to work perfectly. I have managed to kill him a couple of times by luring him to the room threshold and jet boosting him off the cat walk, to fall to his death. Sadly killing him that way just causes him to reset to his spawn point without his death having registered. If my mercenary is not going to get decent interrupts it would be nice if I could at least get credit for finding creative ways to kill things without them, but no.

I'm not sure if there is any way to try and give patient zero LOS problems since there is no cover in his room, he wont leave it unless he is jet boosted out and even then, a few times when he was blown off the catwalk and landed on a lower cat walk instead of falling to his death, he had no problem firing his ranged attack up through the floor of his room to kill mako and then reappear in the room to kill me.

Well, back to experimenting.