Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

People whined about the same thing when NiM Eternity Vault came out, you QQ babies sound like a record "Soa is just way overtuned he's just way to hard", "Our guild is the best and Soa enrages to soon it's mathematically impossible given the current gear level!". Hey maybe it's supposed to be like that, maybe a mechanic you're missing like hit that stupid switch thats always been there but people are somehow just noticing behind that first core and a rock falls on Kelsara doing 39% damage and boom dead, all along your dps was fine you just don't know how to think when you play, take in the whole fight dont just put on blinders and dps

Soa was never difficult what? The only difficulty was the plethora of bugs he had that made him a *****.

Yet all the other bosses in this instance have a good balanced, but this one is so much tighter fr what seems no reason?

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People whined about the same thing when NiM Eternity Vault came out, you QQ babies sound like a record "Soa is just way overtuned he's just way to hard", "*snip*

But then remember they actually did admit they had some bug with the lightning spheres hitting for way to much damage and it wasn't working as intended lol

People whined about the same thing when NiM Eternity Vault came out, you QQ babies sound like a record "Soa is just way overtuned he's just way to hard", "Our guild is the best and Soa enrages to soon it's mathematically impossible given the current gear level!". Hey maybe it's supposed to be like that, maybe a mechanic you're missing like hit that stupid switch thats always been there but people are somehow just noticing behind that first core and a rock falls on Kelsara doing 39% damage and boom dead, all along your dps was fine you just don't know how to think when you play, take in the whole fight dont just put on blinders and dps

The other thing about Soa in NiM EV is he was the last boss of the fight...not the second.

Soa was never difficult what? The only difficulty was the plethora of bugs he had that made him a *****.

Yet all the other bosses in this instance have a good balanced, but this one is so much tighter fr what seems no reason?

Yeah the only thing about Soa was not hitting a game breaking bug, missing platform, Soa getting stuck in the air, Pillars not hitting him (even if it went right through him), lightning orbs double hitting a player for 9k twice (18k hp, anyway shroud ftw) and a lot of other thing... That progression was so painful.

/put Tinfoil hat

Seem they broke the TFB fight in story mode, they might have broke it in NIM too and decided to hide that bug behind an overtuned boss fight.

/Tinfoil hat off

P.s. Bioware Quality control keep going down with every patch...

Edited by ElitehunterDS

People cry about the content being trivial on PTS it gets buffed and people cry more. Can't appease the 2% that are currently running NM TFB. Maybe bioware intended for it to be this way and wanted you to grind bracer gear for a few weeks. on alts/etc. I'd rather have content you can't kill for 3-4 weeks then content you kill in the first week.

Yes, I know math is saying that even with 2700+ dps per player you'd enrage but I like it and want it to be this way.

TL;DR: We aren't asking for a nerf, we are asking for them to fix the enrage timer.

Just to clarify the language, enrage timers are linked with boss health removed through player damage. If you alter a single aspect of boss health, player damage output, or the time duration when enrage kicks in, you are nerfing the fight.

People cry about the content being trivial on PTS it gets buffed and people cry more. Can't appease the 2% that are currently running NM TFB. Maybe bioware intended for it to be this way and wanted you to grind bracer gear for a few weeks. on alts/etc. I'd rather have content you can't kill for 3-4 weeks then content you kill in the first week.

Yes, I know math is saying that even with 2700+ dps per player you'd enrage but I like it and want it to be this way.

Then bioware are stupid, ******es, or both. I think stupid, but could be both. No way are they just ******es.

Just to clarify the language, enrage timers are linked with boss health removed through player damage. If you alter a single aspect of boss health, player damage output, or the time duration when enrage kicks in, you are nerfing the fight.

We want the fight to remain unchanged outside of an extension to the enrage timer. You can be technical and call that a nerf but I don't think the boss is killable at current gear levels without such a change.

Just a question, isn't the silence of the DEVs on this issue is an indication that there is nothing wrong ?

If we don't hear from them soon, it means just that.

They are all at the cantina event, duh!

Just a question, isn't the silence of the DEVs on this issue is an indication that there is nothing wrong ?

A lot of them are in California for the cantina tour.

Are we talking about the community team or the whole DEV team ?

Rumor is that they are all at the Cantina Tour. This makes sense considering the look Jeff gave, "It needs to happen this week." (paraphrase) during their livestream Q&A session. It is conceivable that they would want to get that out of the way in a hurried fashion and release in it's interesting form. Tell me, what quality would you expect with like a week of PTS being down til release?

In any case, some official needs to weigh in and say, "Working as intended."

Not true. There were bugs posted in the Closed Beta that were never responded to, and then ended up getting fixed a few weeks after launch... one such bug was the sorc bug where a certain proc buff was giving the reduced force cost of heals, but not taking the charges of the buff away, so a sorc healer in the hybrid spec had infinite force to heal with. That was posted about in closed beta, never addressed, re-brought up in live, and finally addressed/fixed.

Do not take Dev silence as "WAI".

Edited by Lostpenguins

i wouldnt be surprised if they said this is working as intended, like they did with the 4,5 s relic cd.. which is obviously wrong.

someone said they they increased the health of the bosses 1.4 million, which equates to 833 dps per dps class in 8m, over 7 min.. that is quite the ninja buff.

The PTS NM Asastion was for testing the mechanics, then the difficulty was added in later.

I personally LOVE that Bioware is actually making this a Nightmare. Keep it the way it is.

Difficulty in mechanics is awesome. Difficulty by raising HP and Damage is not so awesome.

The PTS NM Asastion was for testing the mechanics, then the difficulty was added in later.

I personally LOVE that Bioware is actually making this a Nightmare. Keep it the way it is.

The mechanics have changed. Wonderful, we love it! You could bump up the numbers even more for the other fights, we love the challenge. I want to know which 8m guild has come closest to defeating DG. The DnT attempts were sub-par in my opinion. We stopped attempting it too soon to give a proper recording. Much could have been done to improve our performance, and we would have, but it's not worth spending days repeating the same steps with a less than perfect DPS class comp just because a fight is unbeatable by default (not impossible). After doing the other bosses, my resolve is only solidified: and, any response from the devs, in my own assessment, will vindicate our point.

Please do not change anything on second boss. Given time, we are sure we can do this and this is exactly a challenge we expected

Yes, because doing the first boss for weeks on end is such a grand idea. Or better yet skip this boss by doing hard mode to get gear from later bosses to come back to this one is a great idea too and was totally what bioware expected us to do.

I wouldn't complain if this was the last fight, but it isn't. It's the second.

Edited by mastirkal

Assuming your DPS parse 2.8k on a dummy, the fight is tuned to allow 15% DPS loss due to mechanics before grazing the enrage.

uhm you didn't take in to account ciphas bubble and how much dps you need to brake it

dps need to pull off almost 2,6k effective dps on bosses alone (not counting ads at all) to beat the enrage, and this is when assuming tanks can dps the main boss without adding additional pressure on healers which they cant

the fight is theoretically possible, but dps loss need to be less than 5%

Edited by Baxeg

Yes, because doing the first boss for weeks on end is such a grand idea. Or better yet skip this boss by doing hard mode to get gear from later bosses to come back to this one is a great idea too and was totally what bioware expected us to do.

I wouldn't complain if this was the last fight, but it isn't. It's the second.

And by a wonderful coincidence, you can skip it and come back later when you're better geared. OOoooo...who's going to get the gear to beat it first? Progression race!

Unless an encounter requires some kind of brand new mechanism never seen before in MMORPG (say, to damage the boss you must enter the konomi code each time before you do any attack), the notion that top tier guilds need time to 'learn' an encounter is ridiclous. There's nothing new to be learned and a day is more than enough to determine how viable the encounter is. The only way to slow this down is with a gear check, which doesn't even make sense here because it's the second boss in the instance. If you tune TFB to require full 75 gear you can at least argue you have 4 bosses before to potentially farm that stuff even though it's still at best a dubious decision. There's nothing meaningful to farm on the second boss of the instance that'd improve your chances.

Mathematically impossible usually gets defeated simply because as time passes people start trying more desperate things like rerolling your classes to optimize for the encounter, to downright exploiting and these are usually powerful enough to overcome the impossible part.

By the way, the whole argument about 'finally tuning stuff hard' is absurd. That'd imply there's this team of internal testers that are actually good enough to beat it and say 'yeah that'll totally challenge those players'. That's simply impossible as that'd involve internal testers that are better than the best players in SWTOR. No these numbers are literally tuned as the result of armchair quarterbacking and sometimes they turn out to be good but sometimes they turn out to be terrible as well. I could design Xenoanalyst II nightmare mode by adding 2 0s to his HP and changing nothing, and just say, "Yeah it's meant to be hard because it's nightmare, L2P". Of course in this way too blatant, but what if I only add 1 zero? How about just 3X more HP? There's a point where it'll look like I know what I'm doing while still making the encounter unbeatable, and if I'm a designer, that's not my problem because it's not my responsiblity to actually beat the encounter.

And by a wonderful coincidence, you can skip it and come back later when you're better geared. OOoooo...who's going to get the gear to beat it first? Progression race!

Where is this idea that skipping ahead to get loot is even a motivation? WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! A 75 might armoring in my bracer and a pair of boots for my sniper! BIG DMG!