Advanced Classes and Stories

Kontraz

Yeah, I was thinking single saber vs two, saber staff vs traditional blade, assault cannon vs rifle, etc. I have in my mind how things "should" look and seem to fit better, but I wanted to get a few outside opinions.

JEDI KNIGHT: Guardian

JEDI CONSULAR: Sage

SMUGGLER: Gunslinger

SITH INQUISITOR: Assassin

IMPERIAL AGENT: Operative

BOUNTY HUNTER: POWERTECH

'Nuff said:cool:

again, I do not think there is a better fit for the stories. They all fit, but some have a more heroic feel per side/faction than another.

Here is my thoughts on it:

Jk: guardian

Consular: sage

Trooper: either, you use your dinky *** pistol all the time anyway

Smuggler: scoundrel

Warrior: marauder

Inquisitor: sorc

Agent: operative

Bh: either

again, I do not think there is a better fit for the stories. They all fit, but some have a more heroic feel per side/faction than another.

That's your opinion, but we can still post and answer the question ourselves.

I personally think that shadow fits the consular story just as well as, if not better than the sage

I am saying that the class stories are not designed for specific ACs while some simply have an easier time than another with certain areas.

Edited by stormdrakelord

IA: Operative. I've played both sniper and operative, and while they both work just fine, the operative felt more like the quintessential spy to me. The operative's strengths - sneaking in, getting close to a mark, and stabbing them in the back - basically summed up every job I was asked to do as a spy.

Consular: Sage probably. I was a Shadow and at one point I was given the option to operate on some poor guy, even though I have no healing skills. That felt rather weird. I loved being a Shadow though.

Jedi Knight: Guardian. Just felt like the iconic Jedi experience. Single saber, protector of the weak.

I don't really have any strong thoughts on the others.

The advanced class division is more a gameplay mechanic than anything else,so the story protagonists in each class story is kinda a combination of the two.

But since you ask:

Agent-Operative

Bounty Hunter-Powertech

Sith Warrior-Marauder

Sith Inquisitor-Sorcerer

Smuggler-Gunslinger

Trooper-have no opinion,can really be either one

Jedi Knight-Guardian

Jedi Consular-Shadow

Edited by Kaedusz

Would you all rather have had two different stories based off of the ACs?

again, the class stories ARE NOT DESIGNED for a specific Advanced Class. The idea that there is a "Best Fit" for the class stories based off of ACs is pure bull.

Your missing the point of this thread. We are not idiots, we understand both acs fit the story. The question posed is which one we thing feels better, more iconic, more what the "cannon" class may be. If you don't like that we have different opinions don't read the thread.

Well, it seems to me like the dual wielding classes don't fit as well, but that's simply due to the cutscenes (My sentinel is apparently reduced to harmless if he loses one lightsaber). Maybe with gunslingers, it works, but that's simply so they can pull a cheap shot off when the battle starts.

While playing with my operative, I hit a conversation with Kaliyo. She said something like how I'm good with sniping people. So, there's a possibility that IA is more incline towards sniper than operative.

Here is my thoughts on it:

Jk: guardian

Consular: sage

Trooper: either, you use your dinky *** pistol all the time anyway

Smuggler: scoundrel

Warrior: marauder

Inquisitor: sorc

Agent: operative

Bh: either

from what ive seen id agree with this one dunno about the maruder one though

SITH INQUISITOR: Assassin

I strongly disagree with this one. While there may be some bits and pieces that "fit" the assassin better, overall I believe the sorc fits the story more. As, honestly, wouldn't you expect to be sent out as a personal assassin for Zash more than the little treasure hunts for artifacts she keeps us busy with? To me, that screams sorc, not assassin.

I have both an assassin and sorc and in my opinion:

Sorc is the hands-off student, more likely to use the Force and to manipulate to achieve a goal.

Assassin is the hands-on, more likely to sneak up and stab you in the back than stand ten feet away and zap you with lightning.

And in my opinion, the SI story fits the former a bit better.

Would you all rather have had two different stories based off of the ACs?

again, the class stories ARE NOT DESIGNED for a specific Advanced Class. The idea that there is a "Best Fit" for the class stories based off of ACs is pure bull.

What's the point of saying this three times in the same thread?

For the consular it would depend:

Chapter 1- Sage For my reasons:

I see more of the sage fitting as you are healing a lot of the masters.

Chapter 2- A balance of the two For my reasons:

You are trying to have a group of individuals join the republic, sometimes that requires a more hand on approach which is more the shadow's style and sometimes a more diplomatic (aggressive diplomatic approach) approach which is more the sage's style.

Chapter 3- Shadow For my reasons:

You are trying to raise an army and locating the children of the emperor and the first son.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I strongly disagree with this one. While there may be some bits and pieces that "fit" the assassin better, overall I believe the sorc fits the story more. As, honestly, wouldn't you expect to be sent out as a personal assassin for Zash more than the little treasure hunts for artifacts she keeps us busy with? To me, that screams sorc, not assassin.

I have both an assassin and sorc and in my opinion:

Sorc is the hands-off student, more likely to use the Force and to manipulate to achieve a goal.

Assassin is the hands-on, more likely to sneak up and stab you in the back than stand ten feet away and zap you with lightning.

And in my opinion, the SI story fits the former a bit better.

Even as one playing an Assassin I have to agree with this. Though I did feel like Assassin was a much better fit when helping out with the war on different planets, many of the missions there were more geared towards sneaking and assassination (the token "kill x enemies" bonus missions not included).

Trooper looks better as vanguard, on my opinion. Huge assault cannon is awesome, but it does you less mobile, becouse of it's size i(t's not mechanic, just logic). Dont think it's good for specforces guy. Also dps vanguard feels exactly same way as main characters in predator, rembo etc :)

Which of the advanced classes do you think fits their class story best?

For example, in the Imperial Agent story, does it seem that the operative or sniper better fits the role?

I guess I could say that inquisitor story feels more like a sorcerer than an assassin, but *shrug*.

Jedi Knight: Guardian. Just felt like the iconic Jedi experience. Single saber, protector of the weak.

And I agree with this as well. The JK story screams iconic jedi imagery to me and thats about single saber.

That said, in SW story the cutscenes usually had my marauder use a single saber also.

Edited by Karkais

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is old but I've always debated this in my head so im going to comment anyways lol.

Imperial Agent: Operative hands down over sniper I've played both to max and your a spy makes lot more sense to sneak by and stab people in the back. Also for story wise I hate when its like sneak in and deactivate this console, as a operative you can do that. A sniper has to kill 30 guys on his way there, doesn't fit the MO of the character. And for the sniping comment you can snipe almost as good with a rifle if your a really good shot.

Jedi Knight: Guardian just feels more iconic.

Bounty hunter: Ether one fits the story but to be 100% honest everyone who's like POWRTECH, Jango used 2 blasters and bobba use snipers and carbines neither used just one b$$ch a@@ blaster every time they did anything like PT does.

Trooper: This one is the most to me where both AC's are on equal footing, both fit the story and feel.

Sith Warrior: Marauder, although Jugg does fit more in the SW story then say sentinel does for the JK story, because they have heavy armor.

Smuggler: Gunslinger, even though I took scoundrel to max level. Gunslinger feels more iconic to smuggler. Most iconic smugglers like han solo when they fight really didn't go up every time and constantly dick kick people, they did if they had to (the gunslinger still can) but they feel better behind cover and being a crack shot.

Sith Inqusitor: This one is mixed bag can work both ways but fits the story to me towards Sorcerer as lots of times in the story you will just shock people, and that's basically what Sorcerer does best, and your looking for ghosts and artifacts. Feels more like something a Sorcerer would do then an Assassin.

Jedi Consular: Going to have to go with Sage as for a while, you being a healer/ diplomat. Sage's abilities and name fits more into the story then Shadow's

Sorry for Wall of text but yeah that's just my 2 cents.:rak_03:

Edited by GhoulIrishman

SW: juggernaut (Wrath must be as tough as a wall so I would go with jugg)

SI: assassin (the storyline feels like SI would require some good lightsabre abilities (in addition to good force abilities), as well as assassination tactics)

IA: operative (I think this one doesn't need an explanation)

BH: PT (I would go for PT because it can at least use jet pack to some extent)

JK: guardian (yea I guess I hate two sabres)

JC: sage (JC seems like such a wussy that cannot be anything but sage)

Smuggler: scoundrel (well the name of the AC alone is enough to determine this one)

Trooper: vanguard (rifle fits commando-officer type of person much better than the ridiculous over-sized cannon)

Edited by Path-x

JK: Defiantly guardian. Feels a much better fit.

Consular: I felt indifferent wither its shadow or sage.

Trooper: I have not finished the story, but I am inclined towards vanguard.

Smuggler: No clue. I have not played it. But dual guns feels more of the smuggler thing.

SW: It felt more of a jugg story. Marauder could work though.

Inquisitor: Strongly sorc. All elements of the story are about ancient knowledge and artifacts. This is not the assassin thing.

BH: Merc. Seems more iconic.

IA: the story involves sneaking in and infiltration. Is not exactly a sniper's job.