NMTFB and NMSV Ops Progression

Denchet

Just curious, if we skip DG and clear the rest on nightmare/get achievements, how will we prove that we did them all again post-fix for progression?

Or are you saying it's ok to kill everything but DG now, and only kill DG right after the fix for credit on the entire operation?

I would presume you kill them all again and take valid screenshots as you go.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would use a UTC timestamp like so: http://i.imgur.com/7Ntix18.jpg

All kills in the world progression thread require that.

From the world progression thread on how to do it:

The Verification of Boss Kills

In order to fully verify a kill and receive a 100% of the points for it you will need to provide a screenshot that contains three visuals.

But before we explain those visuals let's discuss how to take the screenshot with the UTC time-stamp window:

Ensure the game client is in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode. This can be set in the Preferences/Graphics menu

Click the UTC Clock link here and set the browser window to a size of your preference.

Drag UTC time-stamp window over the SWTOR Client window and position it appropriately.

On your keyboard, hit CTRL+Print Screen to capture your entire Desktop to your clipboard.

In MS Paint, paste the contents of the clipboard (the captured image). Edit the image as preferred and save it.

Alternatively, you can use screen capturing software like SnagIt or Snipping Tool. Snipping Tool is included in Windows 7.

Edited by Denchet

Interesting situation we have here. This example is assuming that your guild did not do a full clear on the PTS and you are not looking up the fights on dulfy or a similar website.

Say your guild skips DG and clears the rest on nightmare today (Wednesday). Bioware tunes the fight down on Tuesday just in time for reset. Your guild then has an advantage over guilds who didn't skip because you've gotten the mechanics down already for the next 3 boss fights.

However, if the fight is tuned before reset, you won't be able to get credit for the clear until Tuesday at the earliest.

OR

Your guild waits all week to see if they patch the fight, so they can get progression sooner, and come sunday/monday or whatever they cannot get their whole team together for the final 3 bosses. They are now at a disadvantage come reset because they don't have the mechanics down.

However, if the fight is tuned before reset, this guild will have a major advantage over the ones who've skipped (assuming they care about progression ranks).

The best thing to do may be to wait to skip on Monday, since it would be resetting before they patched it anyways, but that would require some guilds to change schedules and there could be conflicts.

What to do, what to do...

No skipping. At all.

Progression means that you earn gear with each kill to meet the challenge of the next boss. Therefore farming gear from later bosses to kill previous bosses with it contradicts the word "progression" itself, i.e. it doesn't make sense: Dreadguard Council should be killed with 72 gear plus 75 belt + 1 random 75 - and that's it!

I know this is impossible to track, but I'd appeal to all players to do progression as it was designed, so no skipping and especially no overequipping. Even if that means waiting for a bug fix and halting progression until then.

All who agree, please sign...

Just for information sake Momentum will not be skipping Dread Guards. We will be beating our head against it until we kill it or they nerf it. We feel that true progression involves doing all bosses in the order they are intended.

Alright, everything should be up to date again. If I missed anything, please let me know. I promise I don't secretly hate you!

Also, will update the OP so it isn't so terrible looking on Tues probably.

We've always ran 2 assassin tanks, and it's never been an issue for our healers (even clearing HM SV in 63s).

Like someone said above, tanking as an assassin requires more awareness and proper use of cooldowns.

I now wholeheartedly retract this statement. Getting 2 shot by WH (16 man) is no fun..

Edited by axmarcusxa

Not sure why this is being ignored guys, this was clearly the first kill in your rankings (time is 9:48 AM PST).

Grats to Ewok.

Think we are third. Pretty sure the times are in PDT no PST, so add an hour.