NMTFB and NMSV Ops Progression

Denchet

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Select few empire.... momentum pub... not sure if Apac guilds brought any 16 man here

yeah i was able to search for those 2 guilds. there seems to be a general lackof west coast 16-m nim progression guilds in this game. there are al ot on pot5 but they all play est time (early afternoon here in CA....) and im still at work lol.

Midian is a 16man 'progression' guild, though we've had dely getting into NiM TFB until next week, due to some changes in our raid composition.

do you have a website would like to see guild achievements and raid schedules.

Select few empire.... momentum pub... not sure if Apac guilds brought any 16 man here

Excession is also 16-man APAC/Oceanic on the Republic side -- however we are in transition at the moment following our recent return to the Harbinger from Dalborra. We will be starting up 16s again soon.

do you have a website would like to see guild achievements and raid schedules.

Transfering and alt? or what happened with SF?... might want to look for 8 mans here, there is almost no competitoin in 16 man at the harbringer :S... two great guilds, others i havnt seen so no idea, but thats about it :S.

Transfering and alt? or what happened with SF?... might want to look for 8 mans here, there is almost no competitoin in 16 man at the harbringer :S... two great guilds, others i havnt seen so no idea, but thats about it :S.
No permanent raid spot in progression for me (i get home an hour after raid invites). If not enough people from the 2nd raid group log back in, the only chance for the rest of us stragglers is to get rotated into the 1st 8-man group. I'm not leaving / rerolling / xferring just yet. Just looking around Edited by paowee

How about 8-man guilds? Or guilds that run multiple 8-mans? Which one would you say are doing "hardcore" raiding?

It's the doublexp weekend and i plan to roll a toon here real quick >__< Can't decide whether Imp or Pub.. Which faction has the highest chance in doing hardcore pve raiding?

Sorry for so many questions i sound like a broken record lol...

Edited by paowee

How about 8-man guilds? Or guilds that run multiple 8-mans? Which one would you say are doing "hardcore" raiding?

It's the doublexp weekend and i plan to roll a toon here real quick >__< Can't decide whether Imp or Pub.. Which faction has the highest chance in doing hardcore pve raiding?

Your last question : Imp side in this server.

Edited by Alduinsm

Your last question : Imp side in this server.

Hmmm...I'm honestly not sure about that. We'll see how things shake out with NM Dread Council, but the last time there was a genuinely hard boss in this game that required actual skill to beat (NM Kephess), the top three guilds to down it were:

1. Imp

2. Rep

3. Rep

Third place defeated Kephess within 10 days of first. Then there was a gap of over a month before the next guild (Imp) beat the boss.

For the two-hour NMEC clear, it went like this:

1. Rep

2. Rep

3. Imp

Similar to killing Kephess, there was only a small gap between first and third, but fourth place was a month and a half behind the top three.

There are certainly more Imperial guilds overall, but in terms of very high-end raiding I'd say Empire and Republic are more or less equal on this server (based on NMEC progression which may or may not still be relevant today).

Hmmm...I'm honestly not sure about that. We'll see how things shake out with NM Dread Council, but the last time there was a genuinely hard boss in this game that required actual skill to beat (NM Kephess), the top three guilds to down it were:

1. Imp

2. Rep

3. Rep

Third place defeated Kephess within 10 days of first. Then there was a gap of over a month before the next guild (Imp) beat the boss.

For the two-hour NMEC clear, it went like this:

1. Rep

2. Rep

3. Imp

Similar to killing Kephess, there was only a small gap between first and third, but fourth place was a month and a half behind the top three.

There are certainly more Imperial guilds overall, but in terms of very high-end raiding I'd say Empire and Republic are more or less equal on this server (based on NMEC progression which may or may not still be relevant today).

agree and dissagree.... the last hardest content was Dtooth 10 stacks... but yeah... we were 1 ec (lost title run to opubs) and W3 Dtooth... then we got like 4 empire that killed him before patch (regardless of some ppl using heavy outside help lol.)

as far as those two pubs, they have not been very active here lately,... it was momentum who surprised everyone last content... but empire has twice as many guilds good guilds... which means there are twice as many good players spread in good guilds.... maybe with Ewoks + some Aussie pub guilds, they will have more people.

if i would take a bet on harbringer, i would go empire... there are always 3-4 top consistent, Pub guilds are at top 1 content, disbanded the next (remember the guild who cleared 4/5 TFB hm server first until we beat them in TFB for example.)

I agree with Shin. More hardcore imp guilds. You can get hardcore pub side as well though.

I would focus on finding a secured spot at a time you can make and seeing which guilds need your class. I think there are a lot of guilds that raid at 7 pm server but if you want later it will narrow your options. What time and days are you looking for? If you reroll what class will you take?

but empire has twice as many guilds good guilds

That depends on what you consider to be a "good guild". I'd say there are 2-3 genuinely high-end guilds on each faction, but Empire has significantly more also-rans (again basing this on NMEC progression; we'll see if that changes with NM Dread Council).

And I wouldn't use 10-stack Dreadtooth as a meaningful measurement of anything. Many guilds chose to skip it completely because it required 24 players, way more than most 8-man (and even many 16-man) guilds have members.

I would count dread tooth as being difficult content. Its a world boss if it takes more then 24 people to beat it because of biowares fail mechanic then so be it. They don't ways scale content correctly we already know that for a fact. I personally give props out to Force in Balance and Hatred for beating that content and having the players willing to do that content. I can't really speak from experience because some of us in TRN chose not to run the content and made it impossible for the ones of us that did want to run it. But with how long it took to down it and the mystery surrounding the secret TFB boss and Secret content in future raids Bioware gets a big thumbs up for that.

Long story short Dreadtooth should count as difficult content worth tracking.

Its kind of hard to tell which side has more "top guilds" right now. I don't think we'll really be able to tell until we see people start clearing the Dread Guard Council on NM. Just looking at the WH, 15 guilds killed it within 24 hours of it opening; 7 Imp and 8 Rep. That being said, the WH is a terrible test of "top guilds". We (TRN) went in the raid at 5:00pm and had downed the boss within 15 minutes. One shot with zero deaths. I'm sure lots of other guilds experienced the same thing.

If you want to go back to older content, we can look at both NMEC and HMSV. For NMEC, Hatred got their server first, and within two weeks two Rep guilds cleared it and no more Imp guilds cleared it. Before January 8th (the day the enrage timer was increased from 4:00 to 5:30), a total of 2 Imp guilds and 2 Rep guilds had cleared it. For the title, 2 Rep guilds had it and 1 Imp guild had it pre-nerf.

Looking at HMSV, Hatred got server first again, and within one week a total of 5 Imp guilds and 3 Rep guilds had it cleared. Within 1 month, a total of 9 Imp guilds and 8 Rep guilds had it cleared.

Another way to try and determine whether you should roll Imp or Rep here is to look at the recruiting forum and see which of the top guilds seem to recruit a lot. From what I've seen, it seems like there are usually more top Imp guilds recruiting. We (TRN) almost never recruit. We have 9 members, and we only recruit when one of our members quits the game. This has happened three times in the past year. From what I've seen, it seems like TSO is a small guild as well. There are some larger Rep guilds, though. It seems like Momentum is recruiting a lot, as is MLP: FiM. It seems like a lot of the top Imp guilds are almost always recruiting, and it seems like Imp guilds or more likely to have multiple raid teams. All of this is by no means scientifically proven, and is just the feel I get from looking at the recruitment forums.

If I were you, I would check some of the top guilds websites, see if they are recruiting, and try and get in contact with their leadership. See if they seem like a good fit for you. I wouldn't think you would have a huge problem getting into guilds with your previous guild being Suckafish. I would try and have a guild in place before I leveled a new character, rather than level and then find out the perfect guild for you is on the opposing faction.

Edited by Denchet