NMTFB and NMSV Ops Progression

Denchet

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering the following rules for skipping bosses:

You are allowed to skip bosses for the main progression. Your progress would look like this:

[WH][DG][Op9][KU][TFB] Super Awesome Guild 6/12 2:41

Obviously, any guild that gets a full clear will pass you on the progression.

If you skip the DG, your guild forfeits the rights to that kill for the week. If you go back and beat them with your alts or your b-team, you will not get credit.

If you skip a boss, any kills you get after that boss won't count in the Individual Boss Kill Order section.

Discuss.

EDIT:

Sounds like some guilds are suggesting completely banning the skipping of bosses entirely. I'm happy to do this if thats what the community wants, let me know what you and your guild thinks! :)

Edited by Denchet

I think that's fair enough. My guild will be skipping the boss because of various IRL commitments - we only get two specific raid times per week, so we have to make the most of them. Guilds who can/do wait to complete progression properly should be recognised for that.

I dont believe it should be aloud, it seems unfair and a risk people take to essentially "cheat" there way into server first.

Ex, my guild waits all week hoping for a hot fix that doesn't come, another guild does not, and clears everything but dreadgaurd.... then bioware patches it on Tuesday with no notice, they kill dreadgaurds and get server first clear.. makes our progression race more like a gamble on how fast bioware is going to fix this...

Personally I think that if you skip a boss you should be removed from progression entirely, if you want to do the last 3 bosses to no the fight to them on alts or something to be prepared, but you shouldnt be able to claim them like you were more successful than someone else because you decided to skip the hard stuff.

I dont believe it should be aloud, it seems unfair and a risk people take to essentially "cheat" there way into server first.

Ex, my guild waits all week hoping for a hot fix that doesn't come, another guild does not, and clears everything but dreadgaurd.... then bioware patches it on Tuesday with no notice, they kill dreadgaurds and get server first clear.. makes our progression race more like a gamble on how fast bioware is going to fix this...

Personally I think that if you skip a boss you should be removed from progression entirely, if you want to do the last 3 bosses to no the fight to them on alts or something to be prepared, but you shouldnt be able to claim them like you were more successful than someone else because you decided to skip the hard stuff.

So thats one vote for completely banning skipping bosses. I tend to agree with this.

Waiting to hear from some more guilds before I decide.

Edited by Denchet

I cannot speak for my guild (Select Few), but personally I would be against skipping for progression as well due to the reason that thomasgharvey pointed out, it could potentially allow for unfair advantages in the 'race'.

I cannot speak for my guild (Select Few), but personally I would be against skipping for progression as well due to the reason that thomasgharvey pointed out, it could potentially allow for unfair advantages in the 'race'.

Yeah, we (TRN) are gonna go ahead and vote to completely ban skipping content for the purposes of this thread, for the same reasons that he pointed out. I'll give it a bit longer to see what some more guilds have to say, but it looks like skipping is not going to be allowed at all.

I don't see a problem with skipping bosses for loot, but you have to know you're going to screw yourself out of progression if they do a hit fix and you do not get credit here.

What we were thinking was just trying to kill it. If we decide its actually impossible, wait for a hotfix. If that fix doesn't come by Sunday or Monday, just skip it and kill the last few bosses for gear (but not progression credit). And then try again next week.

Edited by Denchet

What we were thinking was just trying to kill it. If we decide its actually impossible, wait for a hotfix. If that fix doesn't come by Sunday or Monday, just skip it and kill the last few bosses for gear (but not progression credit). And then try again next week.

This was our plan as well since we normally only raid on Sunday/Monday anyway.

<Animosity>

We are also against the skipping of bosses. When you skip, it is not considered progression. I do understand that the Dread Guards are impossible to pass at the moment, but it should be fixed if everyone is encountering the same problem. Plus you can use this time to try and beat the impossible. Most of us wanted challenging content to begin with anyway, considering the lack of difficulty in the HM S&V and TFB raids that were released with 2.0.

This seems like the best way to go, just have to make sure everyone's submissions after the fix show that every boss fight was done post-patch (besides writhing horror, since it's before dread guard).

Edited by KTap

I have no position on skipping for gear, progression should not count at all. One thing though if we do skip and then down Operator for instance, the next time we do a run we won't be getting the achievement, so will have to be careful with screenshots that show the hitpoints and loot of full progression runs.

Not sure if we want to add criteria for the screenshots for such a case but worth thinking about.

Edited by KarethRiker

I'm in Tatooine Royal Navy, your guild. :p

lol.

Alright, sounds like we are gonna ban all skipping for progression. If you skip a boss, you forfeit any progression for that week. You are NOT permanently banned from the thread or anything, so if you want to skip for loot purposes and come back and try and get progression next week, that's fine.

Alright, sounds like we are gonna ban all skipping for progression. If you skip a boss, you forfeit any progression for that week. You are NOT permanently banned from the thread or anything, so if you want to skip for loot purposes and come back and try and get progression next week, that's fine.

This is actually what I thought you meant originally - that's what I get for skim-reading at work :p At any rate, whether or not we participate in this thread ultimately, I do think it's a good solution and well-handled.

Updated the OP with this:

Skipping the Dread Guard Council (or any other boss) is not allowed. If you skip them, any progression you make after them WILL NOT BE COUNTED. You will NOT be banned from the thread or anything crazy. If you decide to skip them and get gear, you will be allowed to kill them next week for progression. Yes, I'm aware this message is obnoxious. Need to make sure everyone sees it, though.

I hope people see it. :cool:

Edited by Denchet

Updated the OP with this:

Skipping the Dread Guard Council (or any other boss) is not allowed. If you skip them, any progression you make after them WILL NOT BE COUNTED. You will NOT be banned from the thread or anything crazy. If you decide to skip them and get gear, you will be allowed to kill them next week for progression. Yes, I'm aware this message is obnoxious. Need to make sure everyone sees it, though.

I hope people see it. :cool:

Just curious, if we skip DG and clear the rest on nightmare/get achievements, how will we prove that we did them all again post-fix for progression?

Or are you saying it's ok to kill everything but DG now, and only kill DG right after the fix for credit on the entire operation?