NMTFB and NMSV Ops Progression

Denchet

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the complaining on the PTS forums was about 16 man, which I have no personal experience to comment on. I can tell you that Shadow is just fine in 8-man right now. Just pop your dodge CD when the second regulator spawns, and if your DPS are the slowest people in the world, pop your damage reduction/healing CD if you are still tanking two after 15 seconds.

If you are seeing more than one AoE spit on the WH (on 8-man at least... it might be faster on 16, idk) then your Shadow tank is just slow.

Which I don't understand, the second I see withering or know where she is going to spawn, force speed can get you there in less two spits if you are quick, three more than likely as it is random now.

i am assuming and most ppl were complaining on the dmg, maybe the dps dmg from 1-2 spits in 16 man was unbalanced, and hindered the slow movement or no jump of the ssin, causing extra group dmg, some guilds said they even wiped on it, which is kind of surprising comparing how easy it was in 8 man, i mean the dmg was probably really high and they had to fix it, i guess.

i am assuming and most ppl were complaining on the dmg, maybe the dps dmg from 1-2 spits in 16 man was unbalanced, and hindered the slow movement or no jump of the ssin, causing extra group dmg, some guilds said they even wiped on it, which is kind of surprising comparing how easy it was in 8 man, i mean the dmg was probably really high and they had to fix it, i guess.

The damage is much higher on 16 man. Also, at least in the stream I was watching, their Shadow tank was super slow and the WH was spitting 2-3 times. When I ran it (on 8-man) I was able to get to her with 0-1 spits, depending on how far she was.

That is what the higher skill cap means. Vanguard and Guardian can just press their leap hotkey without knowing where she is and be fine. Shadow has to find her, and manually run to her with Force Speed. Which works just fine if your Shadow is a quick player, but causes problems if they are slow (or lagging out, I guess).

Yes he did melt. Until I spent about half an hour on Torhead reading up on Shadow abilities, cds and talents and them just told him when to use which during the fight. Directed my Sents to just alternate Transcendence for defence buff. Made healing a breeze even with the other healer mysteriously dying with about 20% left on Kephess (Guess he stood in a circle don't remember). Hardest bit was healing him through the Trenchies (or rather healing the Slinger who always stole threat)...

I know not of this Gunslinger you speak of. >.>

Sorry, I don't read incoherent, walls of text. When you can make coherent argument, I will actually read the whole thing.

Btw this seems like quite of few excuses

dulfy probably has GW patch that day, its money for her, sosny is out until thurs, ysabel cant log until late, Venezuela is playing World cup qualifying that day, so anakyn and i will pretty much waste 3 hours watching the game,
Edited by Ceades_End_Game

TL;DR - I HATE YOU! but im generally a nice guy. Oh btw. I love you. Let's run to vegas and get married. Then we'll merge guilds.

Edited by CommunityDroidFR
repost

We've always ran 2 assassin tanks, and it's never been an issue for our healers (even clearing HM SV in 63s).

Like someone said above, tanking as an assassin requires more awareness and proper use of cooldowns.

Yup. I used to Sin Tank for us, and I am by no means the best tank around, but staying alive has never been an issue. Awareness, CDs, and proactive healing as opposed to reactive is all that's really needed. Good communication too of course. Sin Tank has lots of utility, and that comes with a higher learning curve for the tank(s) and the rest of the raid.

Every class and spec has its ups and downs. Some people can learn it, others can't. Stick to what you know and what you're good at.

Looks like Bioware broke 8M HM Dread Guards. I am guessing we were fighting the 16M HM HP version of the Dread Guards. The DPS requirements are impossible for even a group of fully 72 min/maxed players.

Enrage at around 80%.

Regards,

KK

From the world progression thread, can anyone corroborate this?

Also, updated.

Edited by Denchet

From the world progression thread, can anyone corroborate this?

Also, updated.

This is not my stream, but you can see their damage and they enraged Kelsara at 50%

http://www.twitch.tv/fridge_sa/c/2415629

Select Few will be running 16 man tonight, should be an interesting fight :eek: according to a 16 man European guild the 16 man version is also impossible, but that's just word of mouth for now.

Edited by KTap

What are people's thoughts on skipping NiM Dread Guards (set it to hard mode) and then going to everything else for NiM? Just wondering. It wouldn't count as progression, true, but it would let us raid with out doing this stupid bugged ****