Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

madcappah

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my Marauder in Scum and Villainy (Hard Mode), during the Thrasher encounter, I am using Force Charge to jump to the Mercenary Demolitionist that spawns with the snipers intermitently. I usually cannot see him when my feet are on the ground, so I jump up to force charge to him. This used to work just fine, but lately every force charge I use mid-jump has caused me to jump, charge, and then immediately slide down the wall. The first few times we did Hard Mode, I completed the jump over and over with no problem. I can still make it up there if I can manage to get a charge off without jumping first, but that doesn't always happen. This became annoying the first time it happened, and has not failed to happen since.

Have this problem on several servers atm and has been like this for over 2 weeks. Especially rampant in WZs and also in FPs, jumping lands you 5-7 meters away from the target and Vengenances "jump-freeze" doesnt kick on on the targeted player or NPC.

The warrior class are severaly hampered by this atm.

This should been hot-fixed. What are you waiting for? :mad:

New patch update and still no fix for the leaps. Marauders are already the easy kite class but this has taken it to a ridiculous level. Stop concentrating on the stupid cartel market and look at your game, this is getting beyond a joke now.

It also happens in Scum and Villainy during the Thrasher Boss Fight.

Yesterday nearly every leap up to the Demolisher Add that spawns with the snipers resulted in face planting into the wall. This is not even close to clearing the edge to getting up there. The only solution that we had to use was to never come down after the adds were dead, which resulted in 2 less dps on thrasher (In hardmode, made enrage a little scary)

It was very, very frustrating. I haven't done EC in awhile but I'd imagine leaping onto the tanks would be causing issues too. Seems the end area of the leap on anything of an angle results in undershooting. (( A few patches ago this "missed leap" resulted in a /stuck bug that instantly killed the character because their end point was inside a mob // pillar))

bump with my own quote. /ego

I love this in rateds!!!

Nothing better than interceding to my assassin teammate in the endzone and hitting the invisible brick wall that gets me on the ledge.

Makes for fun times that my sin guildie has to blow CD's to take a pass when I should be able to just leap to him and walk it in myself.

I know this isn't a CM issue or god-forbid breaking Operations/FP's for all your PvE customers but for god's sake can we at LEAST get some sort of update since the last yellow response 2 weeks ago? As much as I love smacking my face into invisible walls or being 8-10 meters short on targets I force charge to, some sort of sign that this is even being looked at since it effects so many classes (PT/VG's jump, any type of pull and ofc all charges/intercedes) would be kind of nice. Kthnx :mad: Edited by Azarai

Yes.. It's very annoying in S&V when you keep having your leapers face plant back to the ground when fighting Thrasher. As a healer I can always tell they didn't make it.. We start getting sniped to death in the pit.. :mad:

Bioware please fix your game. If this is a result of the fixing the Malgus leaping to his death then just reverse that change and we should be good. "Cheating the system" that way was workable and I understand the need to fix it, but this game breaking change for PVE and PVP is just plain NUTS.

Still happening to me, for like a MONTH now. This is game breaking for leapers.

I will confirm also that this happens with my powertech's grapple. Some people I pull don't come all the way to me.

FIX THIS NAO!!!

Still not fixed in 2.2.1? :confused:

I will confirm also that this happens with my powertech's grapple. Some people I pull don't come all the way to me.

FIX THIS NAO!!!

:eek::(

Edited by Glower

It also happens in Scum and Villainy during the Thrasher Boss Fight.

This x 1000. More often than not I simply get the "Cannot See Target" message when doing HM on my sentinel. VERY frustrating since I cannot help on adds during this phase. :mad:

Happens without any real symmetry except that it is more prevalent in some ares than others, but still seems to be random also.

Sometimes this happens as you may be getting stunned, as Mobs still have a thirty meter stun range, which can also leave you suspended in the air.

Other times it just seems to be a bug that leaves you short and has your companion fighting the mob in the place you fell short of while it remains "out of Range".

This x 1000. More often than not I simply get the "Cannot See Target" message when doing HM on my sentinel. VERY frustrating since I cannot help on adds during this phase. :mad:

I was really frustrated when I first came across this issue, but I've been able to get around it at least on this fight. I've found that if you can leap to the demolitionist from the group (no space-bar jump), you will land on the top area. But more often than not this is prevented by "Cannot see Target". What has become most effective for me is to get a sniper in our group to pop one of the snipers out of cover and jump to the sniper. Jumping to them seems to work fine for me. If there is no "Out of cover" ability in your group, wait until the sniper shields are down from ranged DPS or Thrasher's roar.