Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

madcappah

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed - still an issue with Thrasher and he is a GRUMPY SOB in 16 man HM.

Please FIX this. We are seeing mixed results with some folks making it and the RNG of them NOT making it is worse than Artificer crafting CRITS.

Happened to me multiple times in huttball. I interceded to our sorc who was in the middle of the platform. Next thing, I'm down at the bottom in the pit. And no, I wasn't pulled either. The sorc was stationary too, so it was not some lag issue. I have noticed issues w/ intercede multiple times in the past week or so.

Ok, I thought I was crazy. This has been happening to me a lot too recently too. Falling short of the full leap.

S&V Dash'roode fight.

Since I'm getting kicked around a lot I have to use force charge a lot. But sometimes I'm not charging. They charge sound goes off, I get the unstoppable thing and the little shield on my character but I'm staying where I am.

Not much of a problem except that if this happened I am not able to walk to the next power generator. I'm just hitting an invisible wall and can only walk left and right. A sorc tried to pull me but he was seeing me standing further behind than I actually was. After pulling I can't even walk left and right anymore. This also happened in flashpoints. I don't know if this invisible wall thing has anything to do with force charge, but another juggernaut player confirmed he had the same "no force charge + invisible wall" problem and when I stopped using force charge altogether because we wiped enough there wasn't any problem at all.

I also charged into the wall when I tried to jump to the add in the Trasher fight.

This x 1000. More often than not I simply get the "Cannot See Target" message when doing HM on my sentinel. VERY frustrating since I cannot help on adds during this phase. :mad:

Try jumping to hat at 29m range. I always had trouble jumping to him and it almost never worked so I had to wait until the shields on the snipers were down. Last time I tried jumping to him at 29m range (28 is not enough!) And it worked.. kinda. The first try I was charging into the well, but it worked out in the next tries.

Edited by abokado

I think my new record last night (As I have a Jugg and a Sent) was a ~10m jump to a target ~25m away. They weren't even running, they were literally standing there casting puddle.

The crickets die if you don't feed em BW.

I was playing my youngish Jedi Guardian on Tatooine a week or so ago and experiencing this only the way I was experiencing it kept putting me into a state where I had to use /stuck. With my Warriors and Knights, I tend to initiate the leap from my mount and that's usually not a problem. But add in a mob's knockback with this falling short bug and I kept getting into a strange stuck state where I was too far from my enemy even though I was standing right on top of them on my screen; my companion had to finish off the mobs because I couldn't touch them no matter where I moved. Then after the fights, I was stuck in a glass house, so to speak, because I could not cross invisible barriers meaning I was trapped in a small area, even dying did not free me but I found using /stuck did.

In other words, be wary of using the leaps on enemies who do an instant knockback as their first move, like the Sandpeople I was fighting on Tatooine, or you may get into this stuck situation like I kept getting into.

Posting yet again. It has been a while now. I jumped up to a high ledge in hutt ball but instead of jumping to the left i stopped on the floor below the ledge. if you cant leap in huttball, trying to defend on jump to the carrier and not making it is very annoying.

Guardian leap is also a little behind by 2-5 metres but i assumed that was lag but it is becoming more frequent and my leaps were fine before.

One month since we had a dev response. My jugg and marauder are really enjoying falling short of their targets on leaps, makes it that much funnier when somebody with a knockback blows it as I'm leaping through the air at them only for me to not even reach them anyway. Sort of like our own version of 'hydraulic override' without the speed boost :rolleyes:

06.10.2013 , 04:24 PM | #88

Hello there,

We are absolutely investigating the issues that you're reporting with leaps and intercepts.

When posting about ability bugs of this nature, details are always going to be very helpful(we saw the video, thanks!). Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

Hello Amber,

It's been a month since the last communication. I understand that no updates mean nothing has changed.

Frustrated me last night in Section X doing Long Shots on my Sentinel. Not every time but enough times to have me come here today to check if anything outside of customer reports has happened.

It's an important skill (understatement) for classes with only a few ranged abilities.

If it matters I *almost* always jump (space bar) when I leap...to either get over an obstacle or just because I like it.

[edit] ... and no, I am not stopping short at the obstacle I would be leaping over that I mention above.

Edited by ClarkNineCD