APAC - Harbinger or Bastion?...not harbinger

jarshr

so where does everyone want to go? I have all my other mains on harbinger but I'm getting off that pos asap lol, to all aussies beware, it is filled with some of the most horrible ppl i have ever met in any mmo...go bastion.

seriously they hate aussies there, nothing but abuse non stop all week, do not go there!

p.s they say we are all cry babies invading their server, lol so if u want to join that go ahead.

My advice is to not interact (if possible) with negative people. They're found on every server. My guild is going to The Harbinger and we will make the most of our new home. The ignore facility is a good one to use. Also check out this thread and you'll see the amount of guilds that are going to that server: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=617811

I'm looking at this in a positive light. When you stop and think about it, it's going to be pretty much a 24hr server. You have the prime time for the US. Then they start to head off and it moves on towards oceanic prime time. Isn't it actually going to help with a healthy population 24hrs a day or close to it?

Nyeh. Shouldn't bother Aussies - I say "invade" away. Seems like the only crybabies would be the paranoid people going "Dey terrk arrr seeerrrrvvvs!". It's not like most of us even wanted to merge and play with the Muricans, geez. :rolleyes:

so where does everyone want to go? I have all my other mains on harbinger but I'm getting off that pos asap lol, to all aussies beware, it is filled with some of the most horrible ppl i have ever met in any mmo...go bastion.

seriously they hate aussies there, nothing but abuse non stop all week, do not go there!

p.s they say we are all cry babies invading their server, lol so if u want to join that go ahead.

I've been on Harbinger for quite some time now. The player base I've encountered seem in line with your average MMO crowd. Both in maturity and capability. If you're expecting mature adults with the ability to not stand in fire. I think the MMO genre isn't for you.

I'm on Harbinger and although I'm not an Aussie, I've never seen any bashing of them anywhere. Harbinger is a standard mmorpg pve server. Some noobs, some pros. Jekk Jekk Tarr got moved here in the first round of transfers and we had a TON of Aussies on there till apac opened. Maybe you all will see some old friends.

We do have lag, chat, and server issues, but that's EA and BW job to fix up and hope they do before they inundate our server with more people.

Short story...try harbinger. Rep and imp sides both have tons of people.

I'm on Harbinger and although I'm not an Aussie, I've never seen any bashing of them anywhere. Harbinger is a standard mmorpg pve server. Some noobs, some pros. Jekk Jekk Tarr got moved here in the first round of transfers and we had a TON of Aussies on there till apac opened. Maybe you all will see some old friends.

We do have lag, chat, and server issues, but that's EA and BW job to fix up and hope they do before they inundate our server with more people.

Short story...try harbinger. Rep and imp sides both have tons of people.

Agree with this assessment.

Harbinger has always had Aussie players and I've seen them active and part of the community forever. It's as much thier server as it is the NA west coasts.

The only crybaby action I ever see from Aussies is in the forum. :p The OP being an example of this. :) Given of course that the OP is even an Aussie.. and not some disinformation agent.

Edited by Andryah

Come on over and whisper your beautiful speech into my ear. :)

Yes, our server does appear to have some lag issues and chat issues, but it is really nice being on a server where there are always people to group up with. Warzone queue times are rarely more than 5 minutes when I play (I'm GMT-8). Flashpoint queues are instant for tanks.

I'm on Harbinger and although I'm not an Aussie, I've never seen any bashing of them anywhere. Harbinger is a standard mmorpg pve server. Some noobs, some pros.

Agreed. I'm not Aussie either but I've been on Harbinger for some time now and have not noticed any Anti-Aussie sentiment.

Of course, in general you have some pleasant players and some not so pleasant ones but that's on any server. It's just that Harbinger is big and crowded so you will get a lot more of both.

I say invade away! We've an Aussie in our guild and he has been kicking butt on his sniper for most our raids. General chat is always full of TOOLS that nit pick everything in between starting threads on BACON and JAWA movie themes.

Welcome to The Harbinger I say! :D

I'm on Harbinger and I have not once seen any bashing of Australians in general chat. I agree that it a pretty normal PVE server with a wide range of people and personalities. Though I am transferring servers when I can (to change server type, nothing to to with the Harbinger's community), I would still like to welcome the Australians that are transferring over! :)

This thread...

Wow.

Harbinger don't bash Aussies, and no, i'm not saying this to get you to come to our server... We're one of the Highest pop servers as is anyway...

We have an Aussie Sage in our guild, and a New Zealand'er Scoundrel, and the only dissing of countries occurred between the two of them :p All in good fun, of course.

Truth is there are immature people on every server, Harbinger has something for all, which i honestly think is a reason to transfer, if not for the Over-Populace already, which if increased, could cause worse server crashes... Though Server crashes have been getting better.

Sorry Harbingers, but I found the server to be a cesspit with regards to general chat, kill stealing, etc.

Not everyone on Harb is like that, of course, but out of the several servers that I play on, Harbinger was by far the worst.

YMMV